Star Fox of Harmony

Guest Para Astaroth

• 1 year later...

Jeezis Christmas, have I REALLY not touched this topic in over a year, going on two?  Man, how focused I was on other things then.  Well, that's going to change very soon!

With the help of fellow deviant OneUnder and another person in person, we will be delivering sketches (mostly myself drawing with ideas from the others) and concept art for a project we're working on.  It's set in the Star Fox universe, but don't expect teams Star Fox nor Star Wolf to play any major roles in this particular story.  It's supposed to be light-hearted and fun with a few serious moments thrown into the mix.  There will be five main characters we will be focused on and it will be a treat to flesh these individuals out further!

The only details I'm willing to release now - other than ideas and more stuff to the co-writers - is that this comic will have a Bad Company feel to it.  Regarding the five characters, these will be characters that have little to no information about them other than the brief descriptions about them in the video game manuals, or where ever - if any descriptions for that matter.  I am willing to accept ideas and other means for potential stories since I have agreed on the idea OneUnder preposed for an "episodic adventure."  With that said, I'm liking his idea and will put that into consideration.  But, we're still in the process of writing everything down and are almost to deciding on a proper title.

What do you guys think?  Would you be interested in seeing a Bad Company style story centered on five unknown characters in the Star Fox universe, and their journey towards cooperation and teamwork?  It sounds menial and not that interesting, but I have A LOT planned for this and will devote enough time outside my school work - given the amount of homework that is to be done - to do it.  I will be posting EVERY piece of concept, official and story pages here once they are finished and we have all agreed on the ideas.

So, thoughts on this concept/idea?  I'll answer any questions to my best ability without spoiling many story details.

Ooo! This sounds exciting!! Who are these unknown characters, exactly? OCs?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyubey said:

Ooo! This sounds exciting!! Who are these unknown characters, exactly? OCs?

Yes, they are OC's - two of which are canon.  The other three were either archetypes for now-canon characters or were scrapped altogether.  If by OC's you mean Official Characters.

1 hour ago, Harmony Descent said:

Yes, they are OC's - two of which are canon.  The other three were either archetypes for now-canon characters or were scrapped altogether.  If by OC's you mean Official Characters.

By OCs I mean original characters (Characters you made up). 

1 hour ago, Kyubey said:

By OCs I mean original characters (Characters you made up). 

No.  There will be no OC's in this story.  Mostly the 5 characters that are in the SF canon in some form, but we don't know anything about them.

34 minutes ago, Harmony Descent said:

No.  There will be no OC's in this story.  Mostly the 5 characters that are in the SF canon in some form, but we don't know anything about them.

You mean like Miyu, Fay, and/or Fara?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Kyubey said:

You mean like Miyu, Fay, and/or Fara?

I can't say at this moment.  ;)

As promised, here are the concepts.  We'll need your vote on these as well to help us decide.

Hairstyles/Appearance (Miyu's original is #3; Fay's original is #1; Fara's original is #4, or not shown; Krystal's original is either #1 or #2)

tumblr_o0ny0bpiTK1rzyoino4_1280.png

Helmets

tumblr_o0ny0bpiTK1rzyoino3_1280.png

Uniforms (Sleeved or non-sleeved)

tumblr_o0ny0bpiTK1rzyoino1_1280.png

Fighters

tumblr_o0ny0bpiTK1rzyoino2_1280.png

Need to work a little more on my ship designs since I couldn't think of anything else for their designs.  Try and see where I got my idea for fighter #3's design ;)

On a side note, I'm not changing Bill's appearance since he's the template character I'm going for with the Bad Company team.  But, if uniform design #1 is chosen, then I'll use said design as his template.  As for the coat, it's solely for the sleeveless uniform, so don't confuse that with having it go also with the sleeved uniform.  Sigma Aggressor is just a template name for the group and I'll change it later on; may use the comic's title as their actual name.

And here is where your opinions come into play.  Which hairstyle/appearance should each lady have in the comic?  Which fighter will be the one they use?  Which uniform should they wear?  Which helmet should they wear whenever they are in said fighter?  

Is Fox going to play a very big role in the comic?

1 hour ago, Kyubey said:

Is Fox going to play a very big role in the comic?

Star Fox, in general, is not going to play a major role in this at all.  The story is focusing on the four ladies above and Bill, maybe a few outside characters such as Katt.  But, for the most part, the Star Fox/Star Wolf teams will be mentioned and appear very late in the comic; they are not my main focus right now and I don't want them to be since I don't want to piggy-back on those characters/teams to make this comic work.  I want to work with characters that have little-to-no background information about them.

16 hours ago, Harmony Descent said:

Star Fox, in general, is not going to play a major role in this at all.  The story is focusing on the four ladies above and Bill, maybe a few outside characters such as Katt.  But, for the most part, the Star Fox/Star Wolf teams will be mentioned and appear very late in the comic; they are not my main focus right now and I don't want them to be since I don't want to piggy-back on those characters/teams to make this comic work.  I want to work with characters that have little-to-no background information about them.

I normally don't like comics/TV shows/movies/games/etc when the ladies outnumber the guys. Mainly because from my experiences, the ladies are always screaming at the guys, "You idiot!! You aren't supposed to be doing that!!!". That stereotype just makes me cringe...

But I don't like it to be the other way around either...

What I would like is something like... Sometimes the guys are smarter then the girls, and sometimes the girls are smarter then the guys if you know what I mean...

Just a suggestion...

• Like 1

On 1/10/2016 at 0:19 PM, Kyubey said:

I normally don't like comics/TV shows/movies/games/etc when the ladies outnumber the guys. Mainly because from my experiences, the ladies are always screaming at the guys, "You idiot!! You aren't supposed to be doing that!!!". That stereotype just makes me cringe...

But I don't like it to be the other way around either...

Yes, I agree with you there.  But, with this story, the women have been around enough to know the ropes and whom to trust.  So, you don't need to worry about the ladies being stereotypical as you've pointed out.  That stereotype, from what I've seen in past TV shows, were, as you've pointed out, very stereotypical and it made me want to turn the channel.  Rest assured, the women in this comic are mature enough to know when to draw the line.

On 1/10/2016 at 0:19 PM, Kyubey said:

What I would like is something like... Sometimes the guys are smarter then the girls, and sometimes the girls are smarter then the guys if you know what I mean...

Just a suggestion...

Oh, yes, that's something I am intending to put in the comic.  So, you basically just confirmed your own suggestion xD

Keep the suggestions coming, guys and gals!  I REALLY want to hear what you all have to say and give me your opinions! <3 ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harmony Descent said:

Yes, I agree with you there.  But, with this story, the women have been around enough to know the ropes and whom to trust.  So, you don't need to worry about the ladies being stereotypical as you've pointed out.  That stereotype, from what I've seen in past TV shows, were, as you've pointed out, very stereotypical and it made me want to turn the channel.  Rest assured, the women in this comic are mature enough to know when to draw the line.

Oh, yes, that's something I am intending to put in the comic.  So, you basically just confirmed your own suggestion xD

Keep the suggestions comic, guys and gals!  I REALLY want to hear what you all have to say and give me your opinions! <3 ;)

Here's an example of this stereotype in a Star Fox fanmade comic. 

starfox__crisis___prelude_01_by_gatesmcc

See what I mean?

1 hour ago, Kyubey said:

Here's an example of this stereotype in a Star Fox fanmade comic. 

starfox__crisis___prelude_01_by_gatesmcc

See what I mean?

Yes, I see what you mean.  It feels the person behind the comic didn't do too much research behind the characters since Fox feels...  Almost like a carbon-copy of Bill and Falco feels more like a younger Peppy who just doesn't care too much, and rehashes his lines; the ladies, on the other hand, are just bickering too much and all of a sudden are very formal with someone more higher in rank.

Like I've said, don't worry.  My goal is not to have the ladies appear like the ones in this comic you have shown me.  It's a little hard for me to express how the story's going to go without giving out too many details.  But, just be mindful that my comic won't resemble your example; I will go through a review process with my writers before I even start on the finalized version.  So, I'm going to make sure this comic is good and is acceptable to everyone.

You gon to learn me how to art.

Like I'm 100% serious right now.

Teach me your ways.

I'll send pictures of money so help me.

• Like 1

Here's another thing to take from the comic Kyubey posted: I can't speak for a 1920x1080 display at the moment (I'll check when I get home), but my work computer has a 2560x1440 screen resolution and the text is NOT legible. I can make some of the conversations out, but I really have to strain to do so and I can't get everything.

Make sure your text is legible at any resolution.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DZComposer said:

Here's another thing to take from the comic Kyubey posted: I can't speak for a 1920x1080 display at the moment (I'll check when I get home), but my work computer has a 2560x1440 screen resolution and the text is NOT legible. I can make some of the conversations out, but I really have to strain to do so and I can't get everything.

Make sure your text is legible at any resolution.

Well, I was able to read it whenever I zoomed in close enough - the text was just tiny.  But, I have to agree that the pictorial examples need to have some tangibly readable text.

Regardless, thank you for your input, Kyubey!  I will have your input put into consideration whenever it comes time to draw out the pages. ;) 

17 hours ago, Dr. Orange said:

You gon to learn me how to art.

Like I'm 100% serious right now.

Teach me your ways.

I'll send pictures of money so help me.

Those were just off-the-top-of-my-head sketches, but thank you regardless! OneUnder and myself have settled on their appearances in the comic and all that's left to be done is for me to draw them out.  Hope you and others enjoy them whenever I finalize and post them here.  ^^

2 hours ago, Harmony Descent said:

Those were just off-the-top-of-my-head sketches, but thank you regardless! OneUnder and myself have settled on their appearances in the comic and all that's left to be done is for me to draw them out.  Hope you and others enjoy them whenever I finalize and post them here.  ^^

I am being completely serious. 

I want to knowledge.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize for the sudden quietness.  I am currently thinking of designs for the characters in the comic and I may have to reach out to other people for input.  So, be on the look out for a message from me, if you're one of those lucky few.  My body wants to draw Fay more than the rest, but I can't do it since I'm not satisfied with the final designs of their outfits.  I need to go through an approval stage with people so that I don't jump the gun.

• 4 years later...

Yikes, when did I last post about that comic?  Wow, I must have been in my freshman or sophomore year of university work!

Well, I still do post art to this day, albeit it's primarily NSFW material.  If you want to follow me on any of my accounts, I'll provide links for you privately.

Now, for the topic at hand.  Since I have found a lot of free time on my hand, and am forcing myself to draw again, I decided to whip up some art pertaining to a "project" I'm working on.  I can't say much about the project other than it involves my fave Star Fox character, Kursed (ye, I like her more than Krystal; fite mee)

20200128_134612.jpg

And now, I go silent once more!