Code: Dragon Shifter

Star_Dragon

I don't know how many of you are Code: Lyoko Fans, but I figured I'd post one of my [many] 'fics on CL. This fanfic is just what the title suggests; the Lyoko gang fighting Dragon Shifters. There's a surprise somewhere in the middle, and there are four planned books in this series. This is book one, and it's not that long. I'll post the Prologue, see if anybody's interested...

Code: Dragon Shifter

Prologue

Aelita found herself running for her life. It had been two weeks since Xana and Lyoko had been destroyed, and already, a new threat to the Lyoko gang had presented itself. And this threat was twice as dangerous as Xana. As Aelita ran, a whirling cloud of flames followed her, eager to devour her. As she ran, she took a moment to survey her surroundings; she was in a tunnel. Where it was, she didn’t know.

She barely managed to dodge the whirlwind of flames in time to get on an elevator running up a 150-foot shaft. Whatever was after her, it killed the tunnel workers in a single breath of fire. They didn’t even stand a chance. When the elevator got to the top of the shaft, Aelita started running again. She surveyed her surroundings again, this time finding out where she was; she was at the site of a tunneling project in London, England. What was she doing there? There was a loud, deafening roar as something flew up out of the shaft. Aelita didn’t bother to look at what it was, she just kept running.

Before she could get very far away from the tunneling site, a great beast landed before her. Not a Beast, Aelita thought, a Dragon! The red-scaled Dragon simply stared at her, as if trying to read her mind. As something flowed from its mouth and hit the street below, a small fire started where it hit.

“Child of Franz Hopper,” it spoke, “You will be destroyed!” The Dragon’s voice echoed all over the city. The dragon roared again, and made a lunge for Aelita. For reasons unknown to her, Aelita rolled left. She was thankful when she did, as the dragon’s mouth made a loud snap as it slammed shut where Aelita had just been. Aelita continued running when she saw a bus from Kadic academy at an intersection.

What is a Kadic academy bus doing in London? Aelita thought. The door opened, and Jeremy stepped out and called,

“Aelita, hurry!!!” Aelita ran as fast as she possibly could until a maroon Ford Mustang GTR pulled up in her path and the boy driving it said,

“Hop in if you want to live, because this is the only vehicle capable of outrunning him.” and indicated the Dragon coming up behind Aelita. With a Dragon hungry for her flesh coming up behind her, what choice did she have? She jumped in, and the boy floored the acceleration petal. Tires screeched, and the Mustang lurched forward and raced off. The dragon roared and took to the air.

“Would you mind explaining why that dragon wants to kill me?” Aelita called out over the rushing wind.

“All I can tell you right now is that it has something to do with your father. Now simply isn’t the time to explain things. I have to get you across the channel and back to Kadic Academy!” the boy exclaimed.

“You know where that is??” Aelita asked.

“Not--” the boy started. He was interrupted when Aelita spotted another Dragon flying straight for them, breathing fire on the road. And this boy was charging straight into it! At the last second, he shouted, “Computer, activate fire shield!” Aelita put her hands in front of her, as if to stop her imminent demise, when she awoke with a scream. She looked around and found herself in her dorm at Kadic academy.

This is the fourth time I’ve had that dream! It’s like some unknown force is trying to tell me something! Aelita thought. She climbed out of bed and thought she could hear that dragon breathing just outside her window, the same breathing she heard when that dragon attacked her in the tunnel. Aelita hesitantly looked out the window, and saw nothing but the courtyard of Kadic academy. She breathed a sigh of relief and sat down on her bed.

“What did my father do that made that dragon hate me so much?” She asked herself. More importantly, Aelita continued in her head, how does that dragon even exist? The door then opened, and an American friend of hers, Krystal, stepped through. Krystal was a girl that looked almost like Yumi, only Krystal was slightly taller, had brown hair, blue eyes, a warrior’s body, and wore olive-drab-colored clothes all the time.

“Hey, you okay?” she asked.

“I’m fine, thanks... Just had that bad dream again.” Aelita answered.

“Y’know, you could be having a premonition.” Krystal stated. Aelita frowned.

“A premonition?” she repeated.

“Yeah, a vision of something that could happen in the future.”

“I know what it is, it’s just... I never thought my first premonition would be about my own death!” Krystal sighed and said,

“If you don’t want that premonition to come to life, then don’t go to London. And try to get some sleep. You’ll need it for tomorrow.”

“What are we doing tomorrow?” Aelita inquired.

“Semester tests, remember?”

“Oh...” As Krystal left, Aelita laid back down in her bed and tried to get to sleep, but found it hard to get to sleep. She just couldn’t get her mind of that question; what did Franz Hopper do that made that dragon hate Aelita so much? The more she thought about it, the more she thought it had something to do with Xana. When she finally fell asleep, she didn’t awake to that vision...

C'mon, I know that we have at least a *couple* of Code Lyoko fans here...