'97 Star Fox Air Sickness Bag (Nintendo Power Ad)

Chrono Reaper

Edit: Changed the topic to fit the discussion with new information. The ad of the snapshot below is an ad for the sf64 bags special thanks to DZ Composer.

Original Post:

I have seen a lot of the Star Fox Command Air sickness bags when Command was released and it made me remember how they used to to do it to the first game of star fox back in '93. In this snapshot taken from an AVGN review in a Nintendo Power of how they used to look like.

hurlbag-1.jpg

You mean Star Fox 64 Barf Bag.

1. That flying fox logo did not exist until SF64.

2.That particular bag is a fake (made for the NP ad). A picture of the real one is here: ("A ride so real you may be needing THIS!" lol)

Yes, it's on a site entirely about barf bags...

For SFC, they did an entire flight set: A barf bag and two airline-sized bags of peanuts. http://kotaku.com/gaming/starfox-command/the-starfox-command-vomit-bag-198720.php

thank you for clearing that up. I'll be more careful from now on. Never new that they came out with a prototype air sickness bag just for the ad before they redesigned it for the appropriate release of SF64. Thanks. I made sure to adjust and fix the subject of the topic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Julius Quasar

that Ad was pretty disgusting...the Nintendo Power ads went from being weird to being gross...I dunno why or how they went downhill so much as a magazine in general...I see almost no codes, hints, cheats, or help in those anymore, what with the internet and player's guides available now

I only read the newer ones 'cause I find them at my dentist or doctor's office

Pretty clever, if a little icky.

...now I could see a problem calling it the "Hurl Bag:" anyone think using that verb makes it look more like a set of instructions?

In Case Of Emergency, Hurl Bag...