Ok, so my DS broke, in an odd way, lol

The Green Fox

I had noticed the R button on my ds stopped working. So I got on the net, searching frantically for solutions, and I came across a solution that recommended blowing into the r button. Turns out, it worked! But then, my r button stopped working again. I tried blowing, it didn't work, then I tried blowing really hard, and consequently, I ended up spitting lots of my own saliva into the ds, and now it will only turn on for one second, then it goes out. Now, as a result of trying to do a custom fix for my r button, my entire DS is broken, I think a fuse burned out or there's water damage from the spit or something. Will it fix itself over a long period of time? Should I put it in dry rice? Should I send it into Nintendo? Should I buy a new DS?

send it to Nintendo that's what i did(although mine didn't brake like that o.0)depending if Nintendo believe that excuse or not you should get sent a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

My DS still works, but just barely.  When I turn it on, the top screen doesn't display except for some fuzz.  You have to push the L button up then push it in and it's fixed.

My DS still works, but just barely.  When I turn it on, the top screen doesn't display except for some fuzz.  You have to push the L button up then push it in and it's fixed.

Wow thats strange...most of my friends GBA's R buttons stoped wrking after like 3 years..mine still works though and i hav had it like 8 years now lol

this has happened to me and all of my friends. i just used a q-tip and lifted the button up and cleaned it and that worked for awhile. i'm very rough with my ds and it's still working after 2 years of screen rape-age by guitar hero.