Starfox Adventures Nostalgia

Flirven

Does anyone else get a warm feeling inside after they beat/when they play SFA? I actually thought it was a good game, contrary to what ALL my friends think. I also don't think that Andross was just shoved in out of nowhere. ANd when Pepper tells you how many gold rings to fly through to get to other levels. Maybe it's me?

Does anyone else get a warm feeling inside after they beat/when they play SFA? I actually thought it was a good game, contrary to what ALL my friends think. I also don't think that Andross was just shoved in out of nowhere. ANd when Pepper tells you how many gold rings to fly through to get to other levels. Maybe it's me?

I don't quite understand what you're asking

but SF Adventures was an awesome game.

Guest Starguy24

I do in a way. Well, techinically, I did. The first time around I felt happy that I finally completed it but then a little sad because it was all over. The result was a bittersweet feeling.

Hmmm, sfa meaning adventures... If you had said assault i woulda said yes, but for adventure, no.

I do in a way. Well, techinically, I did. The first time around I felt happy that I finally completed it but then a little sad because it was all over. The result was a bittersweet feeling.

lol, that's what I meant, sorry for the clarification problems. It saddens me that I beat it. Although I also hate that rare didn't do more with the game, like more bosses, those bosses were fun. Also, a lot of people say that the game doesn't belong, but it is still a valuable saga and part to the series.

Guest Starguy24

lol, that's what I meant, sorry for the clarification problems. It saddens me that I beat it. Although I also hate that rare didn't do more with the game, like more bosses, those bosses were fun. Also, a lot of people say that the game doesn't belong, but it is still a valuable saga and part to the series.

It's actually my favorite game in the series...(Adventures) But yeah, there should've been more bosses for sure. I never really appreciated them at first but looking back they were really cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, I preferred Adventures back when it was going to be a completely different game. I'm not against change in my games, but going from an on-rails flight shooter to a.... relatively poor Zelda clone with a limited form of the old flight levels in the previous two Star Foxes. I will also state that this game had the only variant of Krystal I liked, but that was because this was back when she had potential. Then came Assault, where she was Namco'd, and Namco kind of ruined her character for me.

ANYWAY... While I didn't care for SFA story OR gameplay wise (I've got sooooo many little things about it I can complain about. XD), I will say it succeeded in making beautiful music, and was so impressive graphically that I actually overlooked it's most major flaws just to explore this world more. Bask in the graphical beauty. And wonder how it would've been if this game went it's original course, using lupine rugged Eliwood. (A.k.a, Sabre. ...He REALLY looks like an FE Lord. Most especially Eliwood._

Meh, I preferred Adventures back when it was going to be a completely different game. I'm not against change in my games, but going from an on-rails flight shooter to a.... relatively poor Zelda clone with a limited form of the old flight levels in the previous two Star Foxes. I will also state that this game had the only variant of Krystal I liked, but that was because this was back when she had potential. Then came Assault, where she was Namco'd, and Namco kind of ruined her character for me.

ANYWAY... While I didn't care for SFA story OR gameplay wise (I've got sooooo many little things about it I can complain about. XD), I will say it succeeded in making beautiful music, and was so impressive graphically that I actually overlooked it's most major flaws just to explore this world more. Bask in the graphical beauty. And wonder how it would've been if this game went it's original course, using lupine rugged Eliwood. (A.k.a, Sabre. ...He REALLY looks like an FE Lord. Most especially Eliwood._

there are a lot of "little" things (and a lot of BIG things) it's like a poorly ported legend of zelda game for the XBOX in gameplay, the story was mushed together, and almost nothing made any sense; it was a horrible game. Nonetheless, I loved it.

Even though it was out of place, the Andross fight was interesting.

I think it's a great game it's nice to see Fox finnaly out of his arwing for awhile and I liked it before I knew who Krystal was.

Guest Julius Quasar

I liked the ending of Adventures, even before I had a thing for Krystal.

totally! :yes:

Plus, I like nature, and the natural landscape(s)

didn't care for the poisonous big red mushrooms, the exploding barrels, the monsters/predators (bloops, moon creatures, egg snatchers, burrowing creatures that come out of the ground and attack you, firebirds, flying jellyfish things, attack turtles, etc.) the Sharpclaw soldiers, Redeye Dinos, booby trapped temples, etc., but the rest of that stuff was pretty cool.

and what I especially like it most...KRYSTAL! :D  I was glad to play as/find/rescue/recruit her.

:krystal: <3

yes it does! It's one of my favorite games, I remember watching the trailers and I was like ''Wow!'', ah good times.  :cool:

totally! :yes:

Plus, I like nature, and the natural landscape(s)

didn't care for the poisonous big red mushrooms, the exploding barrels, the monsters/predators (bloops, moon creatures, egg snatchers, burrowing creatures that come out of the ground and attack you, firebirds, flying jellyfish things, attack turtles, etc.) the Sharpclaw soldiers, Redeye Dinos, booby trapped temples, etc., but the rest of that stuff was pretty cool.

and what I especially like it most...KRYSTAL! :D  I was glad to play as/find/rescue/recruit her.

:krystal: <3

^This

Krystal was one of the best things to happen in SF :D

I really got that warm feeling that no game has ever given me before or later. The mix of happiness that I got to the end of an awesome game, and the bitterness that I... Well, got to the end of an awesome game, and wanted more of the same.

• 1 month later...

I remember when it first came out, me, my uncle, and my mom would play the game for hours on end trying to beat it. We did, and I went ahead at it again, I needed a lot of help with it. I just wish that they added more character development to  it.