Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?

Ramuza

So which was your favorite of the two N64 Zelda games?

I know most of you guys are going to pick Ocarina of Time, but I like Majora's Mask more, since you got a 3 day limit (which makes a challenge), that things can change between what you do on each day (certain side quests), that your not in Hyrule anymore, you can change your form with certain masks, and Ganon is not the last boss in this game!

I think Ocarnia of time was better because it stayed with the basic plot line of the Zelda series. Not saying that Majora's mask wasn't fun, It was too short and had a crudy plot line. :mrgreen:

Ocurina of Time....

1. First game that got me interested in Zelda.

2. It's the only one out of the two I've played.

I honestly can't choose.

OoT had a more immersive storyline, as well as a bit harder to actually beat. Majora's Mask had, in my opinion, a much more mysterious storyline and interesting gameplay element of time.

OoT was a statistically and overall better game, but the mystery and emotions that MM invoked are still unmatched by any game. The story of Ikana, the Zora, the Town itself were all so sad and moving to me (not to the point of emotional outburst, but still...) that I really hold that game to higher regard than most. And I -still- haven't done everything in it....

-Inuyasha

• 2 months later...

OoT, it was my first Zelda game. I found it more challenging to beat than MM, it had more dungeons (my favorite parts). I didn't like the the time factor in MM, it didn't let me explore as much. =/

• 2 weeks later...

OOT. My second zelda game and the one I've had the most fun with. MM was fun, but I found the replay value on OOT to be more enjoyable.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest triforce45

I have like all the Zelda games (my name gives it away in case your stupid!) from the first to the minish cap, but Oot was better than MM even though MM's playing format or 3 day system was a bit too stupid because if you don't give money to the bank you lose all your money unless you deposit but you also lose arrows bombs etc.

• 2 months later...

OOT, wayyyyy better than MM, ....better story, better gameplay, longer, yeah...OOT is my favorite adventure game .....(perhaps the twilight princess could change my mind....<.<)

Well to tell the truth OOT is realy nothing like the old ones it just has some things in common like the zora's snd things like that but you realy should play them all the only ones i havn't played are the ones for gameboy but i gameboys and will never play one

because if you don't give money to the bank you lose all your money unless you deposit but you also lose arrows bombs etc.

And that is why i like OOT more than MM

I dont like loss of explosives :lol:

(i have both games)

!Possible MM spoilers!

If you have the Goron mask, all you need to do is exit Clock Town and roll over the grass, and that way you get pretty much everything back in an instant. :lol:

SOOOO Majorha's Mask! Man the Ocorina of time was lamein the one I like you get to ride Epona, like in Ocirina but the masks into a Zora and swimming: 8)

• 4 months later...
  • Owner/Technical Admin

I like them both.

Majora's mask was, infact, too short for my liking, however, the masks made for a good touch..

Ocarina of time, what's not to say about it? VERY Solid Game.