Character design contest #1

Asper Sarnoff

it's kinda good actualy. ;)

good job :D

and DZ everyone is welcome to post a submission.

even you.

so go ahead and try.we eagerly await a submission(if you want to post one)from you. ;)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asper Sarnoff

• Kursed

• Starfox mccloud15

• CR4CK3RW0LF

Your entry is received Sniper. Good work.

If I could draw, I'd do it. But, there are 7 year olds who draw better than me. :(

Come on DZ. Give it a try! Drawing skills don't mean everything.

Wow, I'mma get in on this, I'll come back with a submission soon. Probably start drawing tonight, get it down by sunday-ish.

Welcome aboard!

ok changed my pic of my dude.  i had a little more time to draw him

I added another picture of mi character

(if you're going to judge one, use the second one).

Got it.

My picture is coming along.  Thanks for putting the due date on a Monday.

With all the school stuff I have to do these next couple of weeks, I'll be able to work all weekend on it.

vydrach001.th.jpg

Scanner had a hard time seeing his hair and tail, so I had to do it in ink for it to realize it was there, its supposed to be a white. Not a good artist, so this is the closest I could get to the badass that Vy'drach is in my mind.

thweivydrach.th.jpg

That's his fighter ship, and again, scanner had a hard time realizing it was there, unfortunately, and that's just a quick sketch, I could of gone into greater detail if I wanted. and note that the blade like parts are just that, blades.

Now for the stats.

Name:  Real one is unknown, goes by Vy'drach

Height:  6' 5"

Weight:  205 lbs.

Species:  Wolf

Homeplanet:  Macbeth

Identifying Features:  White fur, scar across left side of muzzle that gives the impression of a constant snarl, scar across his lower back, armour of unknown origin and materials, and a deep red cape fastened by a crystal with a diamond ring embedded inside it.

Abilities:  Abnormal strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, ability to see in several different spectrums of light (with helmet on), ability to cloak, near immunity to heat, plasma, and acid, and an accomplished melee fighter, taking it to an artform.

Weapons:  Ki its-pa (Spear) and highly customized Ki'cti-pa (Wristblades)

Ship:  A personalized Interceptor clan ship known as Hasou-de Paya (Fallen God), and a highly customized and revolutionary fighter of unknown materials, construction, and design, known as the Thwei Vy'drach (Blood Phoenix)

Bio:  A factory worker for Arspace Dynamics looking forward to his upcoming marriage to his fiance, Tarja. Then Andross launched his assault on the Lylat System, and in an effort to protect Tarja, he became a resistance fighter, (To keep from spoiling the plot of my fanfic that I am dilligently working on, I won't reveal what happened to his life on Macbeth). He passed the Yautja (Predator) rite of the spearmaster, was taught their ways, and accepted into and hunted with a clan for many years. After some again protected plot details, he found his way back to Macbeth to see what had become of his home, and had a run in with Falco in a bar, until the rest of the team intervened, most notably Krystal, who reminded him of Tarja in some strange way, and he quickly befriended her and the rest of the team, swearing to protect her at any cost.

Eh, I really hate to "burst your bubble" Vydrach but AS said that the character must only have been created for the sole purpose of this contest, and I'm quite sure I remember seeing a profile on the same character in the RP boards.

yeah.read the first post before posting something.

Vy'drach is a character of my own creation, and I have never even posted in the RP threads, so you must be mistaken, but the name itself, and all Yautja words, are not made up by me, those are actual words from other sources such as games and novels that AvP fans view as canon.

Thanks man, and let me ask you, since you RP a lot, don't you? Anyway, have you seen my character in any RPs at all? lol

I do think remember him from somewhere in the roleplay section. Tough, I've decided to let it slide this time and accept your submission.

Thanks, but I can guarantee I have not posted in the RP section, especially as Vy'drach.

aww srsly? no roleplay characters?

if i knew that, i wouldnt have posted mine  :oops:

well you think i could submit it anyway? i REALLY like the idea of this contest...

hes not really a member of starfox, but he could fit in :D

if yes, ill try to do get it done ASAP, but if not, ill try and create one...

can i use chars from starfox 2? i would love to draw Miyu :D

either way ill get some concept art done for my fanfic!

aww srsly? no roleplay characters?

if i knew that, i wouldnt have posted mine  :oops:

well you think i could submit it anyway? i REALLY like the idea of this contest...

hes not really a member of starfox, but he could fit in :D

if yes, ill try to do get it done ASAP, but if not, ill try and create one...

can i use chars from starfox 2? i would love to draw Miyu :D

either way ill get some concept art done for my fanfic!

What I wanted to avoid with that rule was people who have a large collection of fancharacters to just adapt one of their excisting ones to the contest. If you haven't roleplayed extensively with the character, you can use him/her.

If this contect turns out a success, I might end up hosting more with different themes later on. For now, only fan characters.

@Asper, no i havent even begun to roleplay as him yet  :lol:

i think my character will at least fit the description, his profile has already been written under the roleplay section, but i wrote it for the soul sake of writing it. i needed motivation to do a true in depth description and background.. now im kinda using this contest as an opportunity to create my character on pencil and paper :D

if its any consollation, hes a wolf!  :cool:

What I wanted to avoid with that rule was people who have a large collection of fancharacters to just adapt one of their excisting ones to the contest. If you haven't roleplayed extensively with the character, you can use him/her.

If this contect turns out a success, I might end up hosting more with different themes later on. For now, only fan characters.

I'd enter my newest one but it would have no picture...

I'd enter my newest one but it would have no picture...

That's the thing you see. It have to be submitted with a picture, but it doesn't have to be an epic art piece.

I believe absolutely everyone here on the site could draw well enough to participate in this contest. Just try to sit down for an evening with a piece of paper and a pencil, and just practice drawing. Look at tutorials, other art pieces and practice some more.

Eventually, you'll be more than good enough to draw the character you want to submit.

Normally I don't go for this sort of fan-character thing, but I had one sudden idea and I'm just gonna see how far I can run with it, once I get my scanner up.

Normally I don't go for this sort of fan-character thing, but I had one sudden idea and I'm just gonna see how far I can run with it, once I get my scanner up.

You're most welcome to give it a shot.