StarFox - The Animated Series

Fredryk Phox

Hey, I posted this same thread on AL, so I figured I'd post it here as well.

I've been doing animation on and off for the past 17 or so years, from little post-it note flip-books on up to full-on animation projects, mainly as just a pastime hobby. It wasn't until recently that I finally buckled down and started doing what I've wanted to do since the first StarFox came out back in 93 or so, which is make an animated StarFox series.

StarFoxCastFULLO.jpg

www.StarFoxSeries.com

The first thing you'll probably notice from storyboards, voice tests and such, is that the characters and their personalities vary quite noticeably from what you might be used to, so let me remind you that this isn't the 'campy conventional' StarFox cartoon you'd expect. Some of maturely themed humor, some violence, but also a more seriously-oriented and less-comical story as the first series's six episodes progress. It's more like something you'd expect on a late-night cartoon show rather than on Nick Jr. or something (if that's still on the air).

Either way, go ahead and check out the frame captures of some of the scenes I've been working on. Over the next couple of days I'll add a section of some storyboards and an episode guide. Enjoy, if you can.

-FP

• Like 2

Oh, another thing, I have a clip of an old animation project I did on my own about four or five years ago, and if you want something to base the idea of what the later parts of the StarFox series may end up being around the quality of, take a look:

Fredryk Phox's Drug War - leak clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5hiA0aQffM

Oh, another thing, I have a clip of an old animation project I did on my own about four or five years ago, and if you want something to base the idea of what the later parts of the StarFox series may end up being around the quality of, take a look:

Fredryk Phox's Drug War - leak clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5hiA0aQffM

I have seen that leak so many times I have idolized it like another religion. You are one of many people I idolize who have influenced me to be a better Anthro Artist.

• Like 2

I'm glad you like it. That bit was done about four or five years ago, and with a mouse instead of a tablet (couldn't afford one, but I have one now, thank GOD.)

This little bit of Fox talking in episode 4's cave scene with Falco, I did this much in about 15-20 minutes, from scratch, and if I can pull that off in that little bit of time, adding inbetween frames and such for everything else shouldn't be too hard.

FoxTalkAnim.gif

• Like 1

Looking foreward to seeing more of this project. I think a more light-hearted fan project is just what the Starfox community need.

I like how you drew General Pepper in the scene above. It's not the one from Assault where we see his eyes form a giant crater in his skull.

When should we expect a full trailer? I'd like to see this in full someday. 

Glad to see you decided to post this. As I said I would do, this is now a sticky thread.

Looks good dude. I'll bet it'll be a hilarious flash. And even though you make Falco look like Patrick Star man from Spongebob....man it's just really funny. XD

I took the animated storyboard and intros down, but they're still on the ftp, so I figure I'll just link them here.

Scene from episode 102 - "The Wolf and Leon Show," featuring Fox McCloud trying to 'put on his moves' for a very unimpressed Fara Phoenix.

www.starfoxseries.com/flash/index.html

Animated storyboard of the cave scene with Fox McCloud and Falco Lombardi.

www.starfoxseries.com/flash/index2.html

Original intro/teaser for the series.

www.starfoxseries.com/flash/index3.html

FYI: Last flash ( www.starfoxseries.com/flash/index3.html ) redirects to a 404 after it ends.

I like how you drew General Pepper in the scene above. It's not the one from Assault where we see his eyes form a giant crater in his skull.

When should we expect a full trailer? I'd like to see this in full someday.

Almost the same. I Like how you drew Pepper, too.

I took the animated storyboard and intros down, but they're still on the ftp, so I figure I'll just link them here.

Scene from episode 102 - "The Wolf and Leon Show," featuring Fox McCloud trying to 'put on his moves' for a very unimpressed Fara Phoenix.

Wait a minute. The Wolf and Leon Show? Not to be rude, but how did you cook that one up?

Lol, I love them, favourite so far is the cave scene. Keep the good work on the project! :yes:

Ep_102_Screen1.jpg

Excerpt from the Episode Guide for Season 1:

"  "The Wolf and Leon Show" is the name of Episode 102. In this episode, Wolf captures Fox McCloud and forces him to participate in Wolf's and Leon's hazardously painful gameshow which they broadcast live over the internet every week. The rest of the StarFox crew is clueless as to where Fox is, while Fara and Bill stumble across the live stream of the show's broadcast. But can they make it there in time?"

Even after seeing this on your live journal I think this is gonna be pretty awesome, I cant wait to see how that happens in the very episode when Fox attempts to put the moves on Fara only to fall on his back.  X3

Um...... Okay. That's a little... Unusual.

Sorry, but this just isn't my thing anymore. Good luck on the series though.