Star Fox: Re-Genesis

Blaise McCloud

Guest Julius Quasar

"Some kind of bird flu, I think."

Leon looked straight at the security camera and made an insulting gesture.

“Where’s Falco?”

“Where’s Slippy?”

“Who’s Slippy?”

“%&!# THE ROBOTS!!!”

xD :yes: SWEET!

This is an excellent chapter.  Great job!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blaise McCloud

• X-Gamer

• rainfyre66

• Asper Sarnoff

Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

My goal is to get #15 posted sometime around midnight tonight.  It's in dire need of revision, though, and I have to write up a research proposal first (real-life astrophysics!).

But you won't have to wait two whole weeks!  I promise!

“I’m not very good at describing hair.  Especially hair on animals that really shouldn’t have hair in the first place.  But Krystal has hair, so I guess SFRG’s main girl should have hair…

“I dunno.  As always, just let me know if the descriptions fall short.”

- B McC

-------------------------------------------------------

Star Fox : Re-Genesis

Chapter 15 – Comedy

This wasn’t exactly the meeting Fox had hoped for, but it was better than nothing.  He and O’Brien were talking at a table in the middle of a crowded, rowdy mess hall.  And half of the room’s rowdiness came from O’Brien himself.

“Wooo!  We ain’t had a party like this ‘un in…”  The not-so-sober coyote counted his fingers for a moment.  “Four weeks, about.”

“That’s great, sir.  Look, do you know anything about-”

“Yeeeeah, we should do this more off’en.  All work an’ no play makes… sum’thin’ or rather.”

“I need to ask you some questions about the AIU, sir.”

“AIU, IOU, WTF,” chuckled O’Brien.  “Bunch ‘a job-stealin’ thiefs, is what they are.  That jackass Ford says they’re jus’ as good as reg’lar pilots.  Bull!  You know what we got that those damn machines ain’t got, McCloud?”

“… Instinct?” Fox guessed, trying not to breathe in O’Brien’s alcohol-infused breath.

“… Naw, I think they got that programmed in ‘em sumwhere.  I’m talkin’ about emotions, man.  The deep stuff.”  The gray-and-rust-colored coyote tilted his cup all the way back, and then groaned disappointedly when no liquid poured out.  Is this guy really a Major General? wondered Fox.

“Maybe I should help you, instead,” offered a voice behind him.

“I would really appreciate th-”  Fox’s jaw dropped as he turned around.  Behind him was the most beautiful woman he had seen in his entire life.  She too was a fox, with deep red-orange and bright pure-white fur.  But her hair – all but a few strands tied back into a ponytail – and her eyes were chocolate brown.  Smiling, she continued in a soft but strong voice:

“I’m  Major Sarah Evans.  Nice to meet you,” she offered her hand to Fox.

“Nice to meet you.  I’m…” Fox shook her hand and thought for a second… not about his name, but about how soft her fingers were…

“Fox McCloud, right?” Sarah finished for him.  “I graduated from the Military Academy the day after you saved Corneria City.”

“Oh!  Oh, you’re welcome.”  Fox bit his tongue too late to stop the words from leaving his mouth.  Stupid!

“Look at you two…” giggled O’Brien.  “When’s the wedding?”

In the blink of an eye, Sarah’s hand shot over the table and across O’Brien’s face, knocking him off of his seat.  “Okay, I deserved that one,” he admitted in a perfectly sober tone as he tried to get back on his feet.

“Don’t worry,” Sally told Fox, whose jaw had dropped once again, “he’s only acting like that so he can avoid doing work.  Colonel Watson is waiting for us in the conference room.  And you’re coming too.”  Sarah pointed a threatening finger at her commanding officer, who was trying to rub the pain out of his cheek.

“And you’re saying AIU machines were there?” asked Watson.

“Yes, roughly a dozen of them,” answered Fox.

“In the Outer Rim?”

“On planet Lear, yes.  They identified Falco and myself as targets that needed to be eliminated.”

“Must be some kind of bug in the system,” grinned O’Brien.  “We could use that to shut the bastards down.”

“I think we can help you.  Even though he’s a lazy, sexist, drunken idiot-”

“Love ya, too, Sarah,”

“-Major General O’Brien is part of the Generals’ Council.  He can call a meeting to discuss this issue immediately.”

“I would really appreciate that,” said Fox gratefully.

“What I don’t get, though,” wondered Watson, “is why Ford has units on planets outside his jurisdiction.  We should call him in for investigation.”

“I would love nothin’ more than to investigate that beady-eyed SOB,” gleefully agreed O’Brien.  “Commander McCloud, I’ll make the call right away.  I’m sure Peppy’ll be glad to see ya.”

Fox smiled.  “I haven’t talked to the old man in ages.  How’s he doing?”

“Haha!  You know Peppy,” began O’Brien, “he’s one hard-ass sonuva-”

O’Brien was cut off by an emergency alarm.

“Attention all personnel.  Attention all personnel.  We have reason to believe members of Star Wolf are in the vicinity.  Apprehend at all costs, I repeat, appre-”

Fox’s heart stopped.  All three of the officers in the room stared straight at him.

“But the only ship that’s come here all day has been the Great Fox.”

“McCloud… jus’ what are ya tryin’ ta’ pull, here?”

Before Fox could answer, the wall to his left blew apart in a deafening roar.

“Explosions have been reported in Sector A!  I repeat-!”

• 4 weeks later...

Jeez, April has sucked.  Sorry for the wait, but I should be able to get the next chapter up sometime tomorrow.