Dumbest game plots

Sabre

The game about Peter Jacksons King Kong was also quite good. Goes to show that games based on movies can be good if the developers to their job properly.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CR4CK3RW0LF

• Sabre

• Asper Sarnoff

• Vy'drach

The game about Peter Jacksons King Kong was also quite good. Goes to show that games based on movies can be good if the developers to their job properly.

That game was really good.

I know of one movie game spin off that will go down in history as the worst of the worst.

I took the disk and fed it to my dog, then shot my dog for eating it, then sent the carcass to Ubisoft.

Okay not really, but you know what I mean.

@markie, :shock:

a little extreme, but yes, i predicted the fail of that game the instant they talked about it in E3..

@Asper, i remember playing some form of demo for it, it looked great, but that was so long ago i cant remember.

guess ill give it a try then XD

Essentially, a movie based game's plot is determined "good" or "bad" if the movie's plot was either, and the gameplay for movie based games usually has potential, but they instead rush it to meet a deadline of it being released either with, or before the movie. I'd rather wait a few months to a year or two if need for a good game about a kick ass movie. Had to wait years for a good Jaws and Predator game.

Guest Para Astaroth

UT3

Although a friend of mine and myself enjoy playing it even once in awhile, and hearing the announcer say the streaks we're on, but the story mode is just...  worthless.  The battles you are in are TOO repetitive, but you're facing other races, while you play as a guy that's named 'Reaper', gosh knows why it's called THAT, and all whole host of other people that look like renderations, or rip-offs, of Gears of War.

And of course, Para, let us not forget that it is no longer a tournament, and those "flags" are power sources for the respawner, and such as that.

@para, im pretty sure the same developers of Gears, Epic Games, also did UT3.

hence the similarities in style, not to mention it should feel kind of familiar...

and while were on the topic..

Gears went from blowing shit up and not giving a damn to a depressing story of ruin... where in the hell did it make its turn? character development improved so much, it almost felt like i wasnt playing the same game! sure i like both games equally, but suicide, death, and depression? it really hit the fan in the sequel. like wow...

i mean sure, the plot was about war and war is sad and gruesome, but geesh, that kind of shift in mood gave me whiplash! it could be that Cole Train was absent for most of the game XD

not saying its bad, just a little shocking... did they hire someone new or something? i was depressed after i beat the game :( of course the final boss did kind of perk me back up though, the return of the hammer of dawn was enjoyable :D

@para, im pretty sure the same developers of Gears, Epic Games, also did UT3.

hence the similarities in style, not to mention it should feel kind of familiar...

and while were on the topic..

Gears went from blowing shit up and not giving a damn to a depressing story of ruin... where in the hell did it make its turn? character development improved so much, it almost felt like i wasnt playing the same game! sure i like both games equally, but suicide, death, and depression? it really hit the fan in the sequel. like wow...

i mean sure, the plot was about war and war is sad and gruesome, but geesh, that kind of shift in mood gave me whiplash! it could be that Cole Train was absent for most of the game XD

not saying its bad, just a little shocking... did they hire someone new or something? i was depressed after i beat the game :( of course the final boss did kind of perk me back up though, the return of the hammer of dawn was enjoyable :D

In the 3 part structure that's normal. I forget what the first part is, but the second act is dark, and the third is triumphant. Take Star Wars or Mass Effect. They apparently follow this structure.

@Asper, i remember playing some form of demo for it, it looked great, but that was so long ago i cant remember.

guess ill give it a try then XD

Do so. It gives a proper rush of adrenaline when you're backing away from a V-rex (Like a T-Rex, only many times bigger) with only a spear to defend yourself, and with some of your teammates shouting from behind you: "Darn, this door is jammed realy good. Hold him of for a while as I try to open it, would yah?" :lol:

@sabre, sure i guess if you view it in the overall spectrum, but i think the change was just a little too dramatic, it kind of jarred me.

either way, i dont think it will stop me from playing it, Cole Train is just too much of an enjoyable character XD "CANT STOP THE TRAIN BABY!!" and "DAMN, LOOK AT ALL DAT JUICE!!!"

that last one made me cringe a little.. so many times i had to hear those phrases after the sniper/theron guards part... i almost gave up.. but i didnt, and i succeded!

in the words of peppy/james:

"Never give up! Trust your instincts!"

oh thats another thing i kind of hate in assault.. senses?? thats effed up right there..

not that i hate assault as a whole, its just stuff like that that peeves me :(

@asper, so it has some suspense in it does it? have you ever played dead space?

@asper, so it has some suspense in it does it? have you ever played dead space?

It indeed does. When you play as the human character, which you does most of the time, you really get a sesation that you're hunted, and have been pushed quite a far bit down to foodchain. Espcially since ammunition and weapons are very limited.

No I haven't. I'm not really much of a hardcore gamer. But neither a casual one if you get what I mean.

I follow... the third way. :lol:

Lawl, Asper. Lawl.

Guest Para Astaroth

Call of Duty games are meant to have somewhat of a good story to them, depth and all.  But I'm very disappointed in Modern Warfare 2 due to the fact they used similar moments from Modern Warfare 1 and put them into 2.  A prime example is whenever you are going through the snow with a silenced sniper rifle with, whatever his name was, and taking out patrols, or letting them go by.  Sound familiar?  Well, the mission "Ghilles in the Mist" might ring a bell.  Still not?  Well, you're in a ghille suit with the same guy, but younger, and running through Russian territory and sniping people off with silenced M21's.

Another thing:  The game isn't too great, in my opinion, and I do believe it could have been a LOT better if it didn't use similar moments in MW1.  Multiplayer is ok; I could name a few things that are wrong with that variant, but I'm not because I don't want to rant all TOO much.

Actually, it's not the same guy between Ghillies in the Mist and the first level of MW2. But the game play is similar, and they did ruin multiplayer. It is called Modern Warfare, and many of their weapons are dated. That, and you can not have a game with the graphics requirement of MW2 and not have dedicated servers, that created a game laggier than Gears of War 2.

@asper,.... FOX IS MANLIER THAN ANYONE ON THAT LIST!! lol ill let the guy have his opinion, but the battle is not lost!

if he wants ill create a MANLYER fox... but you dont get much manlier than that...

plus, the important part about playing like a man, is not to be cocky when you finish.

i am HARDCORE, however i dont peeve people, and i most certainly dont put people down, of course if its funny, just think that were not laughing at you, were laughing WITH you XD

the shine spike has to be the most manliest thing ever done in brawl!

INSTANT DENIAL!!! with a chance of recovery if done wrong... doing this on final destination is A LOT HARDER than it looks, you have to time it perfectly, and when done right, it is MOST MANLY XD

lol not really sure why im reacting so strongly to something like this.. but it must be known XD

btw this link is WAY better because it offends EVERYBODY XD

http://www.cracked.com/funny-1735-super-smash-bros./

Guest FoXXX

@asper,.... FOX IS MANLIER THAN ANYONE ON THAT LIST!! lol ill let the guy have his opinion, but the battle is not lost!

if he wants ill create a MANLYER fox... but you dont get much manlier than that...

plus, the important part about playing like a man, is not to be cocky when you finish.

i am HARDCORE, however i dont peeve people, and i most certainly dont put people down, of course if its funny, just think that were not laughing at you, were laughing WITH you XD

INSTANT DENIAL!!! with a chance of recovery if done wrong... doing this on final destination is A LOT HARDER than it looks, you have to time it perfectly, and when done right, it is MOST MANLY XD

lol not really sure why im reacting so strongly to something like this.. but it must be known XD

LOL@Character Guide

Are you a girl? No -> Do you hate Mario? No -> Do you hate Pokemon? Yes -> Are you a furry? Yes -> goes straight to Star Fox LOL

@Crackerwolf

How dare you defy the infinite wisdom of the sages! Prepare to face my wrath! LEEEROOY JEEEENKEENS!

Also, denying recovery is the unmanlies things one can do IMO. The way to KO is to smash your opponent of the screen from the middle of the stage.

BTW, check out his second episode, where he says one shouldn't care about how high ranked a character is in the man-tier(also in ep. 2), but play like who you want to. And that accepting a characters manly limits and playing around them is one of the manlies things one can do. Except for Marth, that is impossible.

@Crackerwolf

How dare you defy the infinite wisdom of the sages! Prepare to face my wrath! LEEEROOY JEEEENKEENS!

Also, denying recovery is the unmanlies things one can do IMO. The way to KO is to smash your opponent of the screen from the middle of the stage.

BTW, check out his second episode, where he says one shouldn't care about how high ranked a character is in the man-tier(also in ep. 2), but play like who you want to. And that accepting a characters manly limits and playing around them is one of the manlies things one can do. Except for Marth, that is impossible.

Sounds like Wolf, who has that strong learning curve of slow attacks, heavy weight, poor edge grabbing, and a questionable side B attack.

Bowser :D

Guest Julius Quasar

Super Ghouls and Ghosts.

The game is hard as hell, then at the penultimate level, you gotta start all over again to find that "Goddess Bracelet".

In the words of the AVGN..."ASS!"

1154504126.jpg

@julius, YES THE NERD!!! he doesn't make as many videos of the nerd as he used to :( but its ok, hes with spike tv now and such, he has definately come a LONG way since his humble beginnings XD

@sabre, LOL so i have to think your a little more BOWSER than YOSHI when it comes to scalies? ROFL!

@asper, yeah i watched 2, but WOW did he decide this list early... but in the first vid he said take out your opponent in the most awesome way possible! i think hitting someone with the reflector via spiking them is the best way to do this, since its ~almost~ impossible to do!

so epic when you pull this off XD i tend to do it more with characters that have rope recoveries since they need to be in the area to do it... but idk its kind of a coin toss between the rule you just stated that its not manly to stop recovery XD

but srsly, i think i could go for a whole match without using the blaster... well not in a FFA, maybe in a 1v1 match, fox is absolute BEAST at 1v1's, FFAs not so much...

unfortunately, my set of combo's arent perfected yet, so i will kind of spam my other combo instead of blasting XD oh well... finally i understand that any character can be made manly, but i feel that so long as there is a desire to win, this 3rd way cant be achieved, but at least you can respect your opponent by showing good sportsmanship at the end of the match... oh and btw, HOW MANLY AM I? I USE THE WII-MOTE!!!FTW!! wii-mote-nun-chuck to be exact :D

OFF TOPICNESS FTW SO HARDCORE!!!

Guest Julius Quasar

@julius, YES THE NERD!!! he doesn't make as many videos of the nerd as he used to :( but its ok, hes with spike tv now and such, he has definately come a LONG way since his humble beginnings XD

Are you serious!?  He's there now!?  Spike TV!? No way! Awesome!  What show is he on?

Are you serious!?  He's there now!?  Spike TV!? No way! Awesome!  What show is he on?

Film reviews as himself, not the nerd, but there is a great one.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=1477

Guest Julius Quasar

Film reviews as himself, not the nerd, but there is a great one.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/?p=1477

Cool, thanks Sabre! :yes: