Lupe Tibers Journal: Meeting Ruby Raibyde (Short)

Kursed

This is a story about how I met my friend Ruby Raibyde a black wolf she wasn’t always the social person she is now. She was a loner and very shy especially around males. It all started the day I met Ruby.

I was out for a walk in the park it was a sunny Thursday when I came across the black wolf crying as she sat on a bench in the park. I tried to talk to her, but she shied away from me before I could say anything.

The next day I called up my friend Tigress Arcnon a 7 foot tall white tiger to see if we could find this girl to help her and find out why she was crying. We met at my house. I wondered why Ruby had been crying and really wanted to help. We didn’t have much luck with finding her or anything about her at first until we talked to my old friend. A dog named Bill Grey at the military base in the city; he had been standing outside to enjoy the sunshine.

Back in the day a few years ago, he and I were classmates in the academy now he was a commander in the Cornerian Army a dream come true for him. After I explained to him the best I could who I had seen, he told us that the black wolf’s name was Ruby Raibyde. She was a Special Forces sniper, but since Corneria hadn’t had too many problems with galactic security lately, Ruby went on vacation. He told me that she always hid away from everyone while at the military base. And she sat in the darkest corner of the briefing room during a mission briefing.

I felt sorry for her and I’m sure Tigress did as well. Why was Ruby such a Loner? I thought. Bill gave us the name of a restaurant that Ruby visited frequently called ‘Rainforest Café’ after thanking Bill we left the military base. The restaurant was pretty far away from the base so we had to drive there. I just hoped that Ruby hadn’t left by the time we got there if she was there already.

When we got to the parking lot of the Rainforest Cafe the sky had darkened, because it was about to rain. Unbuckling and opening the doors of Tigress’ truck we, quickly rushed into the restaurant. Inside it was beautiful there were fake plants and animals everywhere even a large arch shaped fish tank, creating the illusion that you had entered a Rainforest. There was little light from outside creating the Illusion of a treetop canopy, although the lamps hanging overhead created enough light to see, it was still very dark and mysterious compared to outside even though it was about to rain. What am I getting myself into? I thought. Finding the beauty of the interior décor bewildering me until Tigress gently nudged my head back into reality.

More to come later.

*whistles* Nice!

It's well written too. There are a few grammatical errors here and there, but it doesn't detract from the story. Can't wait to see more!

(Just a note this is actually already completed it was a story I did for school at the begining of the school year.)

“Right, sorry.” I whispered getting back into what I had come here for. It took about a minute for us to find Ruby sitting alone at a table near the display of vibrantly colored orchids. We approached the table Ruby was sitting at when  I heard the sound of thunder then a light flashed in the background simulating lightning that startled me till I realized it wasn’t real it was just the setup of the restaurant to create realism in the rain forest setting. Finally arriving at Ruby’s table I spoke up, “Excuse me?” I asked in the calmest voice I could get out of my grey fur covered throat. “Y-yes?” Ruby spoke up.” Do you mind if my friend and I Sit here?” I asked using that same calm voice. “No, go ahead.” Ruby replied, although I could sense some tension in her voice as if she was a little frightened, we sat down slowly. Now that we got a look at the table Tigress and I saw that Ruby was clearly finished with her meal.

” If you two will excuse me I’m going to head to the ladies room.” Ruby muttered. Nodding I could still sense the tension in her voice as we watched her walk off to the restrooms.

She never came back. We had waited for an hour, Ruby had left us. She was probably a little afraid. I understand that now, but not then. “She’s gone isn’t she?” Tigress asked me, my facial expression changed from a straight face to a frown; I could clearly tell she was holding anger back. ”Yeah I think she left us.”  I replied holding a little anger back myself.

Getting ourselves up groaning, stretching and trying to get the feeling back into my right leg which had fallen asleep we started to walk towards the exit, Tigress Stomped as she walked to get her anger out. I awkwardly walked as if my right leg had been frozen, yet my ankle was free to move.

I came back alone the next day for lunch... (Assuming Tigress’ large size was a little too intimidating?)  The weather hadn’t changed much outside since yesterday it was still gloomy a pouring, I barely made it in dry. (As fur soaks up water more than skin.) Ruby was sitting at the same table. So it must have been her favorite spot. This time after I asked

Her if I could sit at her table. I sat next to her. “Hi my name is Lupe…”I started. “H-Hi.’ Ruby replied shyly. “I heard a lot about you Ruby from Bill Grey, but I’m worried why are you so Lonely?” I replied “Well you see…”Ruby went on explaining  what  had brought her to this point and why she was always hiding in a dark Corner or some place away from everyone. Sighing and feeling her pain I said “I see…” Ruby looked at me as if for the first time someone actually understood her. “Well Ruby if it’s alright with you I’d like to be your friend.” I said calmly holding out my hand for her to shake. Ruby grabbed my hand and shook although I could feel she was a little nervous by her hand shaking a little in mine. “Fine, friend.” She replied nervously.

We ate lunch together, although Ruby was the same age as me she seemed like a little sister to me she looked up to me after I became her friend we continued to eat together as friends at the ‘Rainforest Café.’ We became closer friends each time we ate and talked together there. Soon our friendship could no longer grow anymore. So we became best friends.

(and that's how Lupe met her Cousin Ruby)

this is just REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:fox: *claps hands*

:falco: claps hands

:bill: claps hands