Star Fox: Shadows

That Guy

Finally...its done...THE FINAL LEVEL!!! (You happy now, X-gamer!? J/k :D)

Final Level: Venom

Play Style: Arwing/On Foot

Level Play: Rail/ARM/Roam

Boss: Bolse 2, Shade Cannon, The Shade Emperor

Pre-Level

[On the great fox. In the control room]

Fox: ROB, do a scan on all the planets. We need to find where these shades are coming from.

ROB: *whirr* NOT AGAIN…

[Krystal is fidgeting, and is hovering close to Fox]

Fox: Krystal? Are you okay?

Krystal: Uh-um…uh…

Fox: Krystal? What’s wrong?

Krystal: …uh…h-h-here, come with me…

[she walks outside of the room. Fox follows]

Fox: What’s wrong? Are you okay?

Krystal: No…Fox, I had this dream last night…

Fox: Oh?

Krystal: Yes…I was traveling through Sauria, and I reached this room. Once there, I found you…and you died…

Fox: U-Um…that’s terrible…but that was just a dream, right?

Krystal: [tears up] Fox! You don’t understand! You died right there on the floor!…Fox, you are…the best friend that I have…I mean, I like Falco, and the others, but I feel closest to you

Fox: …Krystal…

Krystal: I feel as if I can relate to you more…you’ve lost your father, right? Just as I have lost my parents…as well as my home…Fox [she walks closer to him and takes his hands]…I…

[suddenly, the door opens and Slippy appears. Fox and Krystal turn sharply around]

Slippy: Hey guys! We’ve found out where shades are!

Fox: [blushing]: U-U-Uh…um, great! Show us what you’ve found!

Krystal: [she’s also blushing]: Uh…erm, right!

[The three of them enter]

Peppy: Hey you two! You won’t believe this!

Falco: Yeah! These guys are hiding out on Venom! Crazy, eh?

Fox: What? Venom?! Argh! Why is it that we always end up going to that place?

Krystal: Hmm…shades…Venom…[she closes her eyes] you don’t suppose that…

[a beep is heard]

ROB: SENSORS INDICATE A MASS SQUADRON OF SHADES ARE ENTERING VENOM AIR SPACE IN A HURRY

Falco: Hah! Looks like they finally got scared! Hey Fox, this is the perfect chance to get rid of them!

Fox: I agree…okay guys, this is it! Expect some though resistance!

[The team gives a nod]

Fox: Alright guys: to the arwings!

----------

Level-Play 1

[Venom Pt 1: Beginning]

Fox: Alright team, we need to take care of this defense station before we can proceed.

Falco: Roger Fox! Let give them a run for it!

Slippy: L-L-Let’s be c-caref-ful though!

Krystal: Oh, Slippy, you’re always so timid!

[After awhile]

[A column rises from the middle of the station, and four turrets line the sides of it]

Computer Voice: ALL SYSTEMS READY. BEGINNING EMERGENCY TOWER SWEEP.

Peppy: Fox! That column contains the core! Destroy the four turrets around it!

The following are said repeatedly

--Computer Voice--

[Taunt 1]: WE MUST NOT LET THEM BREACH

[Taunt 2]: ALL NON SHADE MEMBERS WILL BE DISPOSED OF

[Panic 1]: WARNING! SHIELDS LOWERING FAST

[Panic 2]: THE NON SHADES ARE ALARMINGLY STRONG! BACKUP REQUIRED

[if you win]

Computer Voice: SyStEm, FaIlUrE.

Fox: Good work team! Now let’s head for Venom!

-------

Level-Play 2

[Venom Pt. 2: Beginning]

Fox: Everyone keep on high alert. Don’t hesitate to shoot.

-------

Slippy: Aie! They’re everywhere!

Falco: There’s no time to fret Slip! Just fire like crazy!

-------

Peppy: Everyone be careful! Sensors picked up the signal of a large craft in the area!

Fox: We’ll keep an eye out for it.

[Venom Pt. 2: Middle]

Krystal: Hey, we’re getting a hail.

Fox: Let it through

Thoren: Ah, so you finally made it here, eh?

Falco: Ugh! Not you guys again!

Kayos: Heh heh heh! You may of gotten past our defenses, but now, there’s no escaping from here!

------

Starla: Don’t think you’ll escape here alive, darlings!

Porthos: We’ll bury you in your pathetic little arwing cruisers!

------

Kayos: We are the all mighty beings of the universe!

Falco: Oh, will shut your all mighty mouth? Geez!

[Venom Pt. 2: Later Part]:

Thoren: What’s this?

Starla: You’re still alive?

------

Fox: We must be getting close to their base: There’s more enemies here.

------

[boss Intro]

Thoren: So, you’ve made it here, eh? Well we’ll make sure you won’t go any farther!

Peppy: Watch out Fox! They’re coming from behind!

[A large aircraft flies over and turns around]

Kayos: Annoying pests! You’ll soon learn your place in our world!

Peppy: Try shooting the four domes on the carrier Fox!

---The Elite Shades---

[Taunt 1]: Thoren: You are no match for us!

[Taunt 2]: Kayos: *Cackles*

[Taunt 3]: Starla: Give up darlings! I wouldn’t want to see you die!

[Taunt 4]: Porthos: You weaker beings! I’m amazed you even know how to fly!

[Panic 1]: Thoren: Gah! This isn’t over yet!

[Panic 2]: Kayos: Impossible!

[Panic 3]: Starla: Hmm, you are quite strong…

[Panic 4]: Porthos: This can’t be!

[if you win]

Thoren: How can this be?! Out done by weaker life forms!?

[Their ship explodes, then you see the elites get flung away]

Thoren, Kayos, Starla, Porthos: FOOOOOOOOOOOX!!!!!

----

Level-Play 3

Fox: I’m going into the base alone. The rest of you take care of anymore stray fighters!

Krystal: W-Wait! Fox!

[Fox flies into the base, and lands it. A couple of shades run towards the arwing, but when Fox jumps out, he blasts them, then he runs.]

[Venom Pt. 3: Beginning]

Fox: This is Fox! I’m in.

Peppy: Roger. Keep us posted.

Krystal: Please be careful, Fox.

Falco: Yeah, please don’t make me put up with a bunch of nutcases again!

-----

---Fox---

I must find the control room

This place…It feels familiar…

*sniff* uhg…smells like lighter fuel in here…

*cough*

[Venom Pt. 3: Middle]

Voice: …Fox McCloud…

Fox: [moans] Not that voice again…I just need to ignore it for now…

Voice: Ha, ha, ha…you can’t ignore…your past…

-----

The Following are said repeatedly

---voice---

I can feel your anxiousness

You think you can take down this place…on your own…?

*Incomprehensible*

…Fox…Krystal…such shy lovers…

[Venom Pt. 3: Later]

Intercom: Intruder closing in! All forces intercept!

Krystal: Fox! A bunch of shade cruisers flew into the base! Be careful!

Fox: Copy that, will do.

[boss Intro]

*Cut scene plays*

[Fox walks into a very large room. At the pinnacle of stands the shade emperor. His back is turned to Fox]

Emperor: You’ve been quite a pest, Mr. McCloud…[He turns to face Fox] but here is where you shall meet your end! You won’t make it out of here alive.

Fox: Hmph! That’s what many have told me!

Emperor: Heh, heh…such a daredevil you are…You don’t fear anything do you? Ah, but you will after this…

[He holds out his arms and black shadowy arms rise up from the ground]

Fox: U-Uh…whoa…

Emperor: You and your kind are foolish and careless. You try to tackle every one of your problems, and you think they are all the same…But not us! We are the supreme beings of Lylat, and I can assure that once we’ve conquered this insignificant little system, we’ll go on and conquer the galaxy!!

[During Boss fight]

Falco: Fox! Com-*static* --Come in! You’re breaking--*static*

Peppy: Fox! Fo-*static*

Fox: Guys? Guys!

Peppy: Fox, a-*static* aim f- *static*

Fox: Peppy!

Emperor: Hah, ha…your friends can’t help you now!

--Emperor--

[Taunt 1]: *Cackle*

[Taunt 2]: It’s useless to resist our powers!

[Panic 1]: Hmm…cunning creature…

[Panic 2]: Gah!

[if you win this phase]

*Cut scene plays*

Emperor: Hah, hah…you are quite skillful…but you are still below our level!

[The emperor holds out his hand, and the screen goes white. When the white fades, a close up of Fox’s face is shown. He opens his eyes, and he is in his arwing cruiser. The place he’s in is distorted and shapeless. The emperor is floating in front of Fox’s arwing]

Emperor: We are the supreme beings. And I will show you our ultimate power!

[The Emperor spins then encases himself in a wireframe head. Two large hands (a la Andross appear next to the head)]

Emperor: Now you shall experience the wrath of true fear!

*Back to game play*

----

---Emperor---

[Taunt 1]: This shall be the last flight you’ll ever make!

[Taunt 2]: Terror is such an amusing hobby.

[Panic 1]: Agh! Stop it!

[Panic 2]: No! I am unstoppable!

[if you win]

Emperor: NOOO!!!

*Cut scene plays*

[The screen goes white again. When it fades, Fox opens his eyes, and he is back at the base. The base is rumbling, and the emperor is gone]

Computer Voice: WARNING! SELF DESTRUCT ACTIVATED! 15 MINUTES TILL EXPLOSION!

Fox: I need to hurry!

[Post Level Cut Scene]

[The Base explodes just as Fox flies out it]

Krystal: Fox! You’re alive!

Peppy: The shades are in retreat!

Slippy: You did it Fox!

Falco: Heh, not too shabby Fox

Fox: Okay team, lets head back

[On the great fox, in the control room]

Falco: Whoo-hoo! Now we can relax for a-

ROB: WE ARE RECEIVING A HAIL. ID NOT KNOWN

Fox: Huh?

[On the view screen, the Emperor is sitting in a chair, coughing, while the elite shades tend to him.]

Emperor: [his voice is raspy] *cough, cough* You…*wheeze* you disgusting creatures…somehow…somehow you managed to defy our army…*cough* you’ve defeated me, and humiliated my prowess! But don’t get, *cough* too smug, you band of pirates! We’ll be back, one day! And on that day- *cough* we will be the victors!

[Transmission end]

Falco: Geez, what a blow hard!

Fox: Yeah, let’s ignore him for now…I doubt he’ll show his head again for awhile!

Krystal: Yes…especially losing to, “Weaker beings”

Fox: [Laughs]…Well guys, I think we’ve earned some break time on Zoness! 

[The others cheer, and they begin to walk out. Suddenly, Fox hears something]

Voice: …Fox McCloud…

[Fox turns, but he sees nothing]

Krystal: Fox?

Fox: It’s…it’s nothing…I’m just imaging things…

[They exit.]

---Credit Roll---

[After the credits, you’re treated to a picture of Fox, Krystal, Falco, and Slippy playing some volleyball, while ROB and Peppy watch from the side. A text bubble in the corner says, THE END.]

----End of Team Star Fox’s Game.----

~~~~~~~

and that is that. The only other thing I'll post that belongs to star fox's game, is the boss guide. After that, I'll work on Star Wolf! *star wolf theme stars playing*

Well done. *applauses* I liked that SF story. Now I gotta wait for the SW!

Thank you! Thank you! *bows*

Anyway, before I give you Star Wolf and (eventually) Rover Wings story, I'm going to post Star Fox's boss guide.

Here's the first five (well four, since level four doesn't have one)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lvl. 1: The Shade Carrier

Difficulty: *

Appearance: A large circular aircraft, with Six pods around it.

Ask any Star Fox vet, and the name Attack Carrier will probably enter the conversation. The Attack Carrier was the first boss of the original Star Fox, and was the well known hidden boss of Corneria in SF64, and as such was the easiest. This newcomer is just as simple as the previous boss’s of the bygone.

Before the battle begins, you’ll switch into all range mode. The Shade Carrier stays positioned in the middle of the field, and constantly sends out enemy fighters. After he releases a couple, he’ll fire missiles, and plasma balls.

He is defeated the old fashioned way: fire at his pod’s when they are open. After you dispose of three pods, the carrier starts to move around the field, but slowly. After you destroy the fifth pod he’ll move faster. Destroy the sixth pod to finish him off.

----

Lvl. 2: The Elite Shades

Difficulty: **

Appearance: Four Fighters

Another blast from the past. This battle is overall very similar to the Star Wolf battle from SF64. However, instead of dealing with Star Wolf, you’ll deal with these new kids on the block.

The elites are mostly the same as the previous Star Wolf, but these guys have one nasty addition: sometimes whilst in pursuit, they disappear on you! That means you better be quick when fighting these guys. Other than that, these guys aren’t so hard. Oh, and try not to have them shoot down any team mates, because if they do you’ll soon find yourself chased by multiple shades.

--------------------- 

Lvl. 3: Assault Tank

Difficulty: **

Appearance: A beige, two wheeled vehicle with three cannons on it.

This guy is pretty impressive looking, but trust me: he’s nothing special. He basically sweeps the from side to side trying to fill you full of lead (or plasma), stopping a brief moment in the middle. From time to time he pull back and charge forward, but this is easily avoided by quickly darting to the side.

In order to defeat this metal beast, you must destroy the three cannons on it. I recommend taking down the ones at the sides first, since they’re at your level. After you’ve destroyed the cannons, the tank will start sweeping side to side REALLY fast. Just shoot him a few more times, and he’s done.

-----

Lvl. 4: N/a

*There is no boss for this level…unless you want to count escaping the ship as one*

----

Lvl. 5: The Missiles

Difficulty: ****

Appearance: They look like…um…missiles…

This really isn’t a boss, regardless, I’ll treat like one

Who can forget back in SF64, when you reached Sector Y, and had to protect the Great Fox from the missiles? Well, the same thing kind of happens here…except these missiles are one heck of a lot nastier.

For starters, you only need to destroy three of these weapons, but that’s the only thing easier about this battle. The first missile will come in from the right, like in SF64. The difference(s)? Well first you have a time limit, and second, this thing has a shield. In order to destroy it, you must destroy the three orbs circling around the missile, then you can destroy the missile.

Missile’s two and three are worse. For missile two, it’s mostly the same, however you are given less time, and the orbs now shoot a purple beam that does massive damage. Missile three is just brutal. This one has five orbs on it, all shooting purple lasers, and you have even less time to destroy it! Yikes…

This is one of the hardest parts of the game, but if you just use your reflexes, you’ll do fine.

~~~~~~~

I'll post bosses 6-10 later

Um, sorry if it seems like i'm stalling. It's just that I'm super busy with school, and have little time to work on this script.

here is bosses 6-10 pt 2. I'll post boss 10 pt 3 sometime, along Star Wolf's first level.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lvl. 6: Mirage Dragon

Difficulty: ***

Appearance: A white dragon, with no legs

Hardcore gamers may be familiar with a certain boss from the unreleased Star Fox 2. In that game, you fought the Mirage Dragon, and simply fired at its mouth. This version, however, is completely different.

This battle will be in rail mode. The dragon has a multitude of attacks he can throw at you. His worse attack is his claw grab. From time to time he’ll try to grab your Arwing, and crush it, dealing massive damage. His next lethal attack is his dragon breath, which is avoided by hiding in the corners of the screen. He will also try to head-but you, slash at you, fire lasers and plasma balls at you, and sic enemy fighters on you.

In order to beat him, you must shoot his hands. After you destroy both hands, his skin will evaporate, revealing his mechanical skeleton. In this phase, his attacks will be faster, and more vicious. Just try your best to dodge, and keep shooting at his yellow core.

----

Lvl. 7: Bio-Leviath

Appearance: A giant crocodile, with mechanical equipment on him.

This is a hard battle, but fun, nonetheless. The Bio-Leviath has an impressive array of attacks at his disposal, and there isn’t one that he isn’t afraid to show off.  He’ll slash you, shoot missiles(!?) at you, fire a breath this is much like mirage dragon’s, and send waves at you.

He also has one other attack where he will dive under the water. When he does this, rocks will fall from the sky. Just watch out for shadows, and move out of the way when one comes down. In order to defeat this boss, shoot his chest

After you deal enough damage to this croc, he’ll strike the boat and you’ll switch to on foot gameplay, and play as Krystal. This time, he won’t fire any projectiles at you, but he will keep on slashing you. He also has a new attack where he’ll pound the ground, which will paralyze you, if you don’t jump in time. If you fail to jump, he’ll head bash you. Just dodge his attacks, and keep shooting his mouth.

-------

Lvl. 8: Nightmare

Appearance: A human wireframe head, with four hands circling the area

You know, for looking real impressive…he isn’t. He doesn’t really have any serious attacks, other than striking you and shooting lasers. Simply shoot his hands, and when you’re done with that, fire the red orb in his wireframed head. Yeah, it really is that easy.

-------

Lvl. 9: The Shade Walker

Difficulty: ***

Appearance: A hexagonal machine with four legs.

Ack! This boss is deceiving. Oh sure, because he’s on the ground, he’s limited to where he can go, right? …wrong…

Firstly, you’ll have the Possessed Fox flying about, trying to gun you down. He’s highly accurate with his shots, and to make things worse, you lose if you shoot him down! Just try to ignore him for now.

Your primary target is the Shade Walker, who is a complete pain in the rear! At first he seems to move slow, but as soon as you approach him…HE DISAPPEARS! Argh!

The walker doesn’t have very many attacks, other than shooting at you, and sicing fighters after you. He is defeated by blowing up the two orbs at the sides of the machine. When you destroy one, he’ll start to move faster…ugh…

---- 

Lvl. 10 pt 1: Bolse 2

Appearance: A simple column, with four turrets at its sides.

If you’ll remember, Bolse was a defense outpost back in SF64 was only a tower which was disposed of by destroying the glowing ports on it.

This 2.0 version is defeated in a similar way, except you need to destroy four turrets at its side…and other than that there isn’t a whole lot else to say about this boss…

------

Lvl. 10 pt 2: The Shade Cannon

Appearance: Four huge cannons on a platform.

This boss is kind of like the attack carrier, but don’t be fooled: This battle is far more harder. Before the battle starts, the boss flies in from behind. When he gets in front of you, he’ll start off by firing four missiles. But these aren’t any normal ones; these guys are the miniature version of those missiles from the hospital! Yeek! Fortunately, these are took care of just like any other old missile.

To defeat this boss, you must destroy the four cannons on the ship. Although this sounds pathetically easy…it isn’t

This boss fires of a TON of laser beams, and there are so many enemy aircraft flying about, making a hit rather hard. Just keep focused and you can pull through…!

~~~~

BTW: Thank you so much DRL and X-Gamer. I've never had anyone encourage me to go before! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait for your next script!

You're a really good writer, and it was enjoyable for me to read your "Star Fox Campaign"

I bet "Star Wolf" will be even better! :D