Starfox Adventures

Falcool

Anyone thought Starfox Adventures was/is the best Starfox game?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone thought Starfox Adventures was/is the best Starfox game?

• Yes
    • No, but close
    • Nope
    • Absolutely not!

Starfox Adventures was much more different than the previous games, does any of you hardcore starfox consider it the best? I know I do... And don't tell me that Starfox Adventures wasn't a real Starfox game.

I don't consider it the best, (the best would have to EASILY be Starfox (SNES) or Starfox64), but it is an adequate addition to the series.  In a ranking of favorites for me, Starfox64 comes first, then Starfox, then Assault, then Adventures, and I won't dare include Command on the list.  :D

I guess I am too much of a Zelda fan to NOT like Adventure better than the others lol. And the fact that SF Adventures was the second game I got, so I treasure it. 

I wouldn't consider this a hardcore game, more like an easy starfox approach for newcomers and kiddos, the N64 iteration will always be superior.

Starfox Adventures is Dinosaur Planet for the N64 with a simple coating of starfox paint on it.

It is not a real starfox game.

Guest FoXXX

I wouldn't consider this a hardcore game, more like an easy starfox approach for newcomers and kiddos, the N64 iteration will always be superior.

Maybe not always? :)

Guest Julius Quasar

Nope.

:no:

"pbbbbbtttthhh!"  :P

Starfox Adventures is Dinosaur Planet for the N64 with a simple coating of starfox paint on it.

...that about sums it up.

Even though it wasn't intended to be a Starfox game at first, I think it has more than enough Starfox elements, like all the Arwing flights, and the different challenges at Dragon Rock etc. They did chose to have Andross as the final boss and not Scales after all, (though they would have included both if they had time). That said, it IS very different from the other games, and it depends if you like to have those new elements included or not. Different style, different opinions.

Guest FoXXX

Even though it wasn't intended to be a Starfox game at first, I think it has more than enough Starfox elements, like all the Arwing flights, and the different challenges at Dragon Rock etc. They did chose to have Andross as the final boss and not Scales after all, (though they would have included both if they had time). That said, it IS very different from the other games, and it depends if you like to have those new elements included or not. Different style, different opinions.

I thought it was good, but I still perfer SF being a rail shooter/all-range mode

I love StarFox Adventures (my 2nd favorite Game Cube game), but My favorite is StarFox Assault, followed by StarFox 64, and Adventures is 3rd.

It sure blows the pathetic piece of crap Command out of the water. :D

It's close. In terms of quality, it was second only to Star Fox 64.

Second this statement. While it was undoubtly different, I found it to be properly good.

It's close. In terms of quality, it was second only to Star Fox 64.

i disagree! a little command probaly has more replay vaule to it then 64 did giving game play a higher score then 64.

I really only said yes because to me it pretty much tied with assault....

Assault has a fair amount of fights and came with a pretty good multiplayer mode with plenty of stuff that wasn't in the story. Though it didn't have that starfox 64 feel to it, nor online multiplayer which would have still made people play it today.

Adventures was fun, it had plenty of difficult tasks and a fairly decent combat system, it had a Legend of Zelda feel to it (which was fine buy me) but still had sort of a starfox feel to it as well. though it still had its faults, after your first playthrough theres really nothing that would make you want to play it again. a harder difficulty or at least an increase in enemy numbers probly would have changed that. plus they could have added so much more, a fightable version of scales for one thing. >:(

I think Nintendo should put the 2 together in some way.... Like an Rpg; Side quests, places to explore, intense combat in air and on the ground, plenty of lore about lylat such as info on Corneria's people and technology,  Online deathmatches and similar gamemodes like capture the flag. maybe even some co-op multiplayer.

aw crud, i got kinda carried way with that didn't i? ^_^'

Guest FoXXX

I really only said yes because to me it pretty much tied with assault....

Assault has a fair amount of fights and came with a pretty good multiplayer mode with plenty of stuff that wasn't in the story. Though it didn't have that starfox 64 feel to it, nor online multiplayer which would have still made people play it today.

Adventures was fun, it had plenty of difficult tasks and a fairly decent combat system, it had a Legend of Zelda feel to it (which was fine buy me) but still had sort of a starfox feel to it as well. though it still had its faults, after your first playthrough theres really nothing that would make you want to play it again. a harder difficulty or at least an increase in enemy numbers probly would have changed that. plus they could have added so much more, a fightable version of scales for one thing. >:(

I think Nintendo should put the 2 together in some way.... Like an Rpg; Side quests, places to explore, intense combat in air and on the ground, plenty of lore about lylat such as info on Corneria's people and technology,  Online deathmatches and similar gamemodes like capture the flag. maybe even some co-op multiplayer.

aw crud, i got kinda carried way with that didn't i? ^_^'

Also some more arwing time :S

Star Fox fox adventured, an adventure puzzle quest video game compared to Star Fox 64 and Star Fox SNES has the conceit to be called "the best Star Fox game EVAR"?

That's like saying Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars is better than Super Mario World.

Guest FoXXX

Star Fox fox adventured, an adventure puzzle quest video game compared to Star Fox 64 and Star Fox SNES has the conceit to be called "the best Star Fox game EVAR"?

That's like saying Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars is better than Super Mario World.

Well said lol

true.

I think Starfox 64 had more replay value, I mean, command, you had to replay a lot more times to beat all the stories, but I would replay 64 a lot more times then I would replay command, commands got handheld on it's side though. Adventures was the game I played when I wanted to see something nice, everything looks so beautifully done, and beautiful. The puzzles... they just wheren't puzzles, they where like... like a puzzle was a walkthrough to itself. I'm not gonna say I prefer any StarFox to any other, I'm just gonna say, I'd play Starfox 64, starfox, and starfox assault more then the others. Why limit this topic to Adventures being the best worst whatever, the poll should be customised to a checkbox rather then multiple choice, and you can click your favorite ones.

Oh wack, I think I just double posted... I was reading the end of the last page and thought it was the end... just pretend this came after

i disagree! a little command probaly has more replay vaule to it then 64 did giving game play a higher score then 64.