Starfox Adventures

Falcool

Anyone thought Starfox Adventures was/is the best Starfox game?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Anyone thought Starfox Adventures was/is the best Starfox game?

• Yes
    • No, but close
    • Nope
    • Absolutely not!

Star Fox Adventures was the game that got me interested in Nintendo. At the time, I was a huge Sony fanboy (forgive me, I was about 12 and didn't know any better... at least I didn't spam internet forums) but when I first saw Adventures in screenshots and video, it just felt like something I had to play. After getting over the shock of seeing the first review of it in a magazine called NGC where they gave it 72%, (which was not as high as I was expecting but I believe it was partially out of spite because of Nintendo selling Rare to Microsoft) it made me more determined than ever to play it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and still enjoy playing it to this day. Everything about it just feels right to me. OK, so it's not revolutionary in how it plays and it's been called a Zelda clone but I thought everybody loved Zelda and thought those games were good. So what's the problem?

As a result, it remains my favourite Star Fox and GameCube game to date. I cannot believe though that it still wipes the floor graphically with a lot of current Wii games. I know it took about 4 years to develop but surely the developer kits have become a lot better since 2002 and I thought the Wii was supposed to have a superior graphics card in it.

I will get murdered for saying this here but, I have gone off StarFox 64/Lylat Wars. The constant internet stream of barrel roll jokes grates on me. I'm not arguing against the fact it's fun to play because it is but I don't want to have to turn the TV down so that I don't hear those over-quoted lines and end up throwing my N64 controller Wiimote style into the screen.

When I play a game, I like to immerse myself into the experience. Game play is a of course a major factor but I would like it to be a feast for the eyes and ears too. Adventures therefore is the most rounded package in my view.

Honestly, i can't stand that barrol roll thing thats all over youtube. I'm starting to think thats the only thing that anyone can remember about the series.  :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

Star Fox Adventures was the game that got me interested in Nintendo. At the time, I was a huge Sony fanboy (forgive me, I was about 12 and didn't know any better... at least I didn't spam internet forums) but when I first saw Adventures in screenshots and video, it just felt like something I had to play. After getting over the shock of seeing the first review of it in a magazine called NGC where they gave it 72%, (which was not as high as I was expecting but I believe it was partially out of spite because of Nintendo selling Rare to Microsoft) it made me more determined than ever to play it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and still enjoy playing it to this day. Everything about it just feels right to me. OK, so it's not revolutionary in how it plays and it's been called a Zelda clone but I thought everybody loved Zelda and thought those games were good. So what's the problem?

As a result, it remains my favourite Star Fox and GameCube game to date. I cannot believe though that it still wipes the floor graphically with a lot of current Wii games. I know it took about 4 years to develop but surely the developer kits have become a lot better since 2002 and I thought the Wii was supposed to have a superior graphics card in it.

I will get murdered for saying this here but, I have gone off StarFox 64/Lylat Wars. The constant internet stream of barrel roll jokes grates on me. I'm not arguing against the fact it's fun to play because it is but I don't want to have to turn the TV down so that I don't hear those over-quoted lines and end up throwing my N64 controller Wiimote style into the screen.

When I play a game, I like to immerse myself into the experience. Game play is a of course a major factor but I would like it to be a feast for the eyes and ears too. Adventures therefore is the most rounded package in my view.

It was one of the games that got me interested in Nintendo too, and I completely agree on the Zelda part. I guess some of the reason that I didn't enjoy Lylat Wars as much was because I didn't grow up with the 64 console. That and the fact that I am a gigantic fan of Zelda... And yeah, I feel I am getting murdered for saying I like Adventures better than Lylat Wars too.

Guest Starguy24

I think it's the best. Loved all the different challenges and exploring all the different worlds. It was also very challenging (for me) and had beautiful graphics.

I think it's the best. Loved all the different challenges and exploring all the different worlds. It was also very challenging (for me) and had beautiful graphics.

My thoughts exactly. It wasn't challenging for me though.

Guest Starguy24

My thoughts exactly. It wasn't challenging for me though.

The first time I played it I was like 11 or 12, so a lot of things in the game were tough for me back then, being young and all. Now that I'm older (and I remember parts of the game and exactly what to do) I can breeze through it in no time.

I personallky think this was the best of the Star Fox games.  it had a different style of play which took a break from the traditional "fly through a level blasting everything and beat the boss with or without a time limit" style that the series is known for.  Introduction of Krystal amongst other things.

though I won't deny one thing. I do believe they borrowed a couple of ideas from the Legend of Zelda - the force point temples; puzzles on the floor that activated traps if you screwed up, and let's not forget the corny cutscene with the jump for joy and the floating items. XD

Oh. and also, on a more personal note..the test of fear was the bane of my exisistence in the first play through.  I almost broke my controller out of frustration after the 10th attempt.

it was a decent game that added a few characters...just not enough Arwing time and there was WAY too much running back and forth (surprised Fox wasn't skinnier by the end of the game lol)