Star Fox Super Weekend Competition Cartridge?

kobudo

Hi all, I was looking for the old SNES version of Star Fox (loved it as a kid) to complement my used SNES I picked up out of nostalgia at a garage sale last weekend. I was looking through eBay and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270568355958&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT

Has anyone ever played this version of the old school Star Fox? Is it worth picking up for a few bucks? I've read a few descriptions (including the seller's), but I wondered if anyone had some first-hand experience with this cartridge. Thanks!

hmmm good fine but i can't hardly see anything on the cartidge the pic is too small and by the way welcome to Starfox online

Super Weekend carts are pretty much a collector's item.

The game itself has a time bomb in it, IE after a certain amount of time, it's game over. The goal was to see how far you could go while obtaining as high a score as possible. Prizes were awarded, including some nice jackets. Said prizes are also collector's items.

The seller's description is accurate.

You'll get more entertainment out of the regular version.

They are actually kind of rare. I'd be surprised if that cart doesn't eventually end up going for over $100.

My favorite part of this thing is the time up message. The look on Slippy's face is priceless.

Yeah, I'd definitely go with the original.  Also, it is USUALLY a bad sign when someone is selling a rare collectors item, and has a stock image of the item, and not actual pictures. 

My favorite part of this thing is the time up message. The look on Slippy's face is priceless.

Anyway you can show us a picture of that? :D

starfox-weekend-cart.jpg

oh and here some details of it

This version of Star Fox was made for use in a one-time competition to promote Star Fox in the US and Europe. Prizes included trips, flight jackets, and smaller prizes such as T-Shirts. Competitions were held at retail outlets all over the US and Europe. When the competition was completed, an undisclosed number of the US cartridges (out of an estimated total of 2000) were sold in Nintendo Power’s catalog. A cartridge will occasionally show up on eBay, where they will normally sell for over $200.

starfox-weekend-cart.jpg

oh and here some details of it

This version of Star Fox was made for use in a one-time competition to promote Star Fox in the US and Europe. Prizes included trips, flight jackets, and smaller prizes such as T-Shirts. Competitions were held at retail outlets all over the US and Europe. When the competition was completed, an undisclosed number of the US cartridges (out of an estimated total of 2000) were sold in Nintendo Power’s catalog. A cartridge will occasionally show up on eBay, where they will normally sell for over $200.

Good job copy and pasting Wikipedia Matt! :D (just kidding :D:friends:)

Thanks for the info, DZComposer and crazyfooinc. I wrote him to ask for a picture, but then I noticed it's already up over $50. That's more than I'm willing to pay for a bit of re-lived youth, and more than I paid for the system. Oh well, it's not like there aren't a bunch of full versions on ebay anyway! I'll leave the other stuff for the collectors.  :wink:

I'm trying to find it, though at this point it appears I may have lost it in a recent reformat.

Is this what you are looking for?

meowmeow-1.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!! *hides in closet*

Although it may be hideous, It's hilarious! :D