Official Starfox online Steam Group.

Scott7

police.gif  Staff Comment:

Join the official SFO Steam Group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Starfox-Online

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott7

• DZComposer

• Kursed

• Mr. Foxer

Well, I'm careless of my reputation on the internet, so I'm all!

Ok, i have the group up and running. If any of the Mod's or Admin's have a steam Account i'll galdly Make you Officer's so you can edit the group's Avatar, Discription, Announcments, and whatever else you can do to keep things in check

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Starfox-Online

As you can see it needs a better Avatar, so if anyone can get one that suite's the resolution better please let me know.

Here, whipped these up in few minutes, use 'em if you want.

JPG

sgl.jpg

PNG

sgl.png

Wow!!! Thanks man, Remind me to make a player model at your request when i'm better at this stuff!!

Question. Will you be playing any games or is this just another list?

For the moment its just another list, But i may make a dedicated Gmod server or a left 4 dead 2 for the group in the future.

For the moment its just another list, But i may make a dedicated Gmod server or a left 4 dead 2 for the group in the future.

i'll look into this later. for nowi need to get the updated krystal model because the current ragdoll doesn't have a tail.

i'll look into this later. for nowi need to get the updated krystal model because the current ragdoll doesn't have a tail.

Right, i'll start working on mine in a few minutes

I'm down. I already belong to the aL one. My steam name is in the thread about them. I'll join soon.

An, what would it be without a dedicated TF2 server???

I would be able to make hwan of those most likely.

I support this idea. Enough that we can discuss making it an official SFO Steam group.

I have some ideas for a TF2 server, but not on how to pay for one.

Yeah, I know the dedicated server software comes with it, but it is best to run it on a network with a business-class connection. Less lag that way. Going-rate for game servers tends to be >$20/month. We could probably throw a HLStatsX CE front-end on our dreamhost server, but to run a TF2 server though the SFO hosting, I'd need to upgrade to a VPS account, which is not cheap. A VPS (Virtualized server, basically our own OS install on a shared server using something like VMWare) with 522megs of RAM costs about the same as an average game server and it would also have to run our site software.

A fully dedicated server (an actual, physical, computer) from DH would cost us $70/mo.

I support this idea. Enough that we can discuss making it an official SFO Steam group.

Yeah, I know the dedicated server software comes with it, but it is best to run it on a network with a business-class connection. Less lag that way. Going-rate for game servers tends to be >$20/month. We could probably throw a HLStatsX CE front-end on our dreamhost server, but to run a TF2 server though the SFO hosting, I'd need to upgrade to a VPS account, which is not cheap. A VPS (Virtualized server, basically our own OS install on a shared server using something like VMWare) with 522megs of RAM costs about the same as an average game server and it would also have to run our site software.

A fully dedicated server (an actual, physical, computer) from DH would cost us $70/mo.

Can't let you sap that Sentry!

nvm... your can't let you sap that starspy just doens't sound to good.

Wasn't expecting that....

I like the idea for a Tf2 server, but i sort of feel Gmod would work out well for a lounge.

If could make one i would have done so a long time ago. but at least i can start a Left for dead 2 listen server, i think i'll schedual one for sunday.

Tf2 might be better than Gmod considering the custom content some of us would have  like in my case Tomas18's Krystal model.

Tf2 might be better than Gmod considering the custom content some of us would have  like in my case Tomas18's Krystal model.

Tf2 is fun i'll admit, But i've never heard of a krystal model by a Tomas18.

Tf2 is fun i'll admit, But i've never heard of a krystal model by a Tomas18.

Tomas 20 sorry.

Oh snap, a pretty penny, but that would be badical, I just figured one of em, small # of players at once servers, but that... That would be the bane of the my life... In a good way.

Wasn't expecting that....

I like the idea for a Tf2 server, but i sort of feel Gmod would work out well for a lounge.

If could make one i would have done so a long time ago. but at least i can start a Left for dead 2 listen server, i think i'll schedual one for sunday.

Better lounge but better Troll space, I don't understand G-mod, and can't help but become a neusance to everyone on the server while I play... That or weld of character model's heads together and some thrusters...