Shadows of the Past.

Guest Julius Quasar

Guest Julius Quasar

Pal allways gives me a good laugh...

LOL, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwe, that is so sweet. But Fara, Fox is with Krystal, so back off! lol. I am more of a Fox+Krystal fan, But I am really liking all the character developing scenes, especially the one with Pal, But Todd and Lola are fun as well. Great stuff, and keep it up! :D (please and thank you of course, lol)

Thanks guys!

LOL, the Wolf meme comes to my mind... :lol:

Good job, Julius!

Thanks again! (Which "Wolf meme?)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluxy

• evilwaffles

• rainfyre66

• Star_Dragon

Thanks guys!

Thanks again! (Which "Wolf meme?)

[...]we're not gonna let that happen, obviously,[...]

'Can't let you do that, Star Fox'  :lol:

Oh, yeah, huh?  Thank you for noticing/telling me that.

Well, since their enemy is going to be

Star Fox... I found it soo fitting... :lol: :lol:

Anyways, Good chapter.:yes:

Nice two chapters there Julius. I really like how you included Fara I would like to see more of her in later SF Games. Great job, look forward to other chapters.

Guest Julius Quasar

Well, since their enemy is going to be

Star Fox... I found it soo fitting... :lol: :lol:

Anyways, Good chapter.:yes:

Thanx!

Nice two chapters there Julius. I really like how you included Fara I would like to see more of her in later SF Games. Great job, look forward to other chapters.

Thank you.  Yeah, Fara was due for some attention...

Lol. They have a "In Session" door sign. that is epic! Overall great chapter! :D

Guest Julius Quasar

Lol. They have a "In Session" door sign. that is epic! Overall great chapter! :D

Ha ha!  Yep! Thanks!

I'll try to work on more, later.

Guest Julius Quasar

Chapter 5

As the Star Fox Team gathered in the Bridge, Fox briefed them of their plan.  Meanwhile, ROB plotted a course to Venom, and he noticed something on the scanner and radar screens.  "FOX!  MY SENSORS INDICATE A LARGE STRUCTURAL MAS ON THE DARK SIDE OF VENOM" he announced.  The team gathered around the monitors.  "Maybe it's just space debris, like the wreckage of the old Bolse Defense Base." said Todd.  "Yeah, or the Gorgas satellite." said Pal.  "What if it's the Great Wolf?" Akasha asked, worriedly.  "SCANNING RESULTS INCONCLUSIVE.  OBJECT IS TOO FAR AWAY." said ROB.  "That's no wreckage...that's THE GREAT WOLF...Star Wolf would park their ship in Venom's shadow!  Besides, Bolse is over there!" Fox said, pointing to the wreckage, which was orbiting past them.

"Oh, s***, we gotta move NOW!" said Lola.  The team agreed, and made it to their Arwings and Aritechs.  Ten minutes later, they were flying towards Venom's surface, to the remains of Andross' Palace.  They arrived, and landed just inside the entrance bay.    They were in a section of the bay where Venom's toxic air was purified by filters, which were barely working.  "Everyone take your toxin pills?" Fox asked.  "Yes!" his teammates replied.  They had taken special pills to protect them from Venom's toxic air, without the need for bulky oxygen masks and tanks, the pills were an ingenious invention from Tigress Arcnon's planet, Tigaria.

"Good!  Let's move!" said Fox.  The team got out of their vessels, and headed down the corridors...As they walked down the corridors, they each teamed up and went in different directions.  Lola, Misty, Edge, and Todd went one way.  Akasha, Tigress, and Kylie went another way.  Fay, Miyu, and Pal headed off in another direction.  Falco, Katt, and Slippy headed off.  Fara and Krystal stayed with Fox.  As Fox pressed on, he looked around the burned out corridors.  Memories flooded over him.  "YOU KNOW THAT I ALONE CONTROL THE UNIVERSE!"  Andross' voice and words echoed in Fox's mind.  "YOU CANNOT HOPE TO DEFEAT ME!".  Fox faintly saw, in the burned out corridor they were in, a transparent Arwing, with himself piloting it, heading down the corridor...

"Fox!?" Fara said, shaking Fox.  "Huh, wha-!?" Fox came back to reality.  He looked from Fara to Krystal, both with worried expressions.  "I'm sorry...just..memories, that's all." he said sheepishly.  "I saw, and heard them..." said Krystal.  "I could only imagine." said Fara.  They continued onwards.

Misty, Lola, Edge and Todd headed through another area.  It was a huge, deep, bay...it was like a giant, rectangular pit, carved into the rock.  "Are you sure we're supposed to come this way?" Edge asked Todd.  "Well, there were stairs on that map, right?" asked Todd.  "Well, I just think this isn't the way to the research lab." Edge said.  "This is a mechanical bay, it's not far from the lab." Todd replied.  "It is?  How do you know?" asked Edge.  Todd pointed, and in the dim light, they all saw a giant crane arm at the top of the pit.  "Ah, I see." said Edge.  Misty walked to a switch on the wall, and flipped the switch.  *ZAP-ZZZAP-ZAP-ZAP-ZAP-BUZZZ! WHIRRR!* A generator hummed to life, and the area lit up.  There were cables of all kind, held by brackets nailed into the rock walls.  There were also ladders, and scaffolding nailed into the rock walls as well, and there were tools, spaceship parts, weapons parts, and cart dollies, pallets, and hand trucks, and large carts, all over the place.  There were hydraulic lifts in the middle of the pit, on cross structured legs.  "Nice touch, hon'!" Lola said to Misty, who smiled.  The generator whined, then died.  The lights went out, once again blanketing them in darkness.  "Nice try, at least..." Todd said to Misty.

Miyu, Fay, and Pal walked through the barracks.  Burned and charred bunk beds lined the scorched walls.  Some of the beds had piles of ashen bones in them, the grim reminder of what had occurred here so long ago.  There were charred lockers all lining the walls, and melted, twisted metal shelves there too.  "I don't think this leads to the lab." said Fay.  "It's a shortcut, least I think it is..." said Miyu.  Pal sashayed in front of them as he walked.  Fay and Miyu covered their eyes temporarily, to avoid seeing Pal in his thong leotard outfit.  "It's bad enough you dress like a girl, but do you have to walk like one too!?" Miyu asked Pal.  "I have to pick up the slack in female dress and walk in this group, since you're in it." Pal teased.  "Why you..." Miyu growled, and raised her fist.  A bright light flashed at the far end of a corridor, distracting them all.  The light shined for a moment, then went out.  "What the hell was that!?" asked Miyu.

Akasha, Kylie, and Tigress were heading through the armory.  "It's gotta be here somewhere..." said Kylie.  "We're just above the barracks, and..." Tigress' words were cut short by a flash of light, which glowed, then went out.  "Todd, or at least his group." said Tigress.  "How do you know?" Akasha asked Tigress.  "I know....it's typical of them...Todd, Lola, and especially Misty." said Tigress.  Akasha stumbled over a rifle, which was broken in half.  The whole room was filled with ruined weapons, and destroyed gun cabinets and shelves.  The walls were charred and burnt.  "Let's get out of here, this place is depressing." said Tigress.  Akasha and Kylie nodded and followed her.

Falco, Katt, and Slippy headed through the corridors.  Every so often, Slippy would use a hammer and a cutting tool and carve the letter "F" into the walls.  "What're you doing, Slippy!?" Katt asked him.  "This will help us, if we get lost, or to keep us from going in circles." Slippy explained.  "Okay, fine...good idea, just don't take too long doing those." Falco said, patronizingly to Slippy.  "That's actually a VERY good idea!" said Katt.  They headed on, down a long, dark corridor.  I gota go the the bathroom!" Slippy said, five minutes later.  "Ugh, Really!?" asked Falco.  "Yeah!" Slippy said.  "Well, we'll try to find a..." Slippy pointed and shouted "THERE!" to a set of double door.  He ran through them, as Falco and Katt chased after him.  "Slippy, wait a second!" shouted Falco.  "You don't know what's in there!" shouted Katt.  They all found themselves in a large, domed room.  There were surrounded by lab equipment, tables of test tubes, beakers, chemistry equipment, electronic equipment, now dark and silent, and work tables with tons of parts, tools, and more...

"THE LAB!" said all three of them at once.  Slippy grabbed a beaker, a funnel, and went behind a tall cabinet in the corner "Be done in a sec!" he called out, as the sound of rushing liquid could be heard.  Falco and Katt rolled their eyes and laughed.

Fox, Krystal, and Fara walked across a mezzanine, high above a large pit.  As they walked, the structure shifted under their weight.  A loud grinding noise was heard, accompanied by a groaning noise.  "Run!" shouted Fox.  Too late.  The walkway broke out from under Krystal and Fara.  Fox dove as the girls screamed, and he grabbed Fara with his right hand, and Krystal with his left hand.  The girls screamed, and Fox strained, but couldn't help them both up.  "You can only save one of us, Fox." said Krystal, reading Fox's mind.  "NO!  I can't choose like that!  One of you has to grab the other, and I'll pull you both up!" said Fox.  "No, Fox, we'll both pull you down with us, we're too heavy combined." said Fara.  As the girls hung there from Fox's hands, their grips, and Fox's grip, were slipping.  "FOX!" Krystal shouted.  "Fox, save one of us, or lose us both!" said Fara.  "NOOO!" Fox howled in despair.  But Fara was right.  He had to choose.  Tears filled his eyes, and streamed down his cheeks.  "I'm sorry." he said to one of the girls, and let her go.  She tumbled down, into the dark, screaming.  He helped the other girl up.

*that's it for this chapter*

:O

Who did Fox let go? Tune in next time to find out!

Very nicely done Julius. The next one better be out soon, I don't like cliff hangers, I need to know! :P

OOOOHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I want him to save Krystal, but Fara did have that emotional scene in her mind with fox, and Krystal hasn't had any emotional stuff happen. The AGONY!!!!!!!!!! Either way, Great story!!! I must know who survives!!!!! :D

Guest Julius Quasar

Chapter 6

Fox sat at the edge of the mezzanine, and looked into the darkness.  His heart sank.  "Thanks, Fox...I'm so sorry." Krystal put her arm around Fox, comfortingly.  "I know you had to come to a choice, like Fara said, 'either save one, or lose both'.  At least you came to a decision.  Leaders like you have to make decisions like this, General Pepper has probably had to make these decisions all the time...even he feels responsible for the deaths of those who were as noble as Fara, or..." Krystal was interrupted by Fox, who then said "...or my dad, yeah.  I was thinking the same thing.  And I know you said what you said from your heart, not from reading my mind." he said.

"What's all that screaming?"

*gasp* "Look!"

"Is that..."?

"Oh no!"

"Quick! Grab that tarp over there, all of you take a corner, and we'll stretch it out!  Hurry!

Hold it as high off the ground as you can!"

Fara tumbled through the darkness, screaming as she fell.

"OOOmmmpphhh!"

Fara landed in the middle of the tarp, and was saved.

"I...I'm alive!" Fara said, feeling herself.  She was FINE!

"Oh damn, that was a close one!  You alright, Fara!?" Todd's scratchy voice came through the darkness.

"I'm glad we were here!" Misty said.

"I'm glad Lola came up with that brilliant idea!" said Edge.

"I'm glad I noticed you up there, and saw that tarp before the lights went out." said Lola. 

"Are you okay?" Todd asked Fara again, as he and Edge helped Fara to her feet.

"Uh...y-yeah, I'm...fine, thank you all!" said Fara, trembling.

Todd got onto his wrist communicator.  "Fox!  We caught Fara!  She's okay!" he said. Fox came on, and said "WHAAAT!?  REALLY!?" and Fara said into her comm "No thanks to you, Fox!" sarcastically.

"I...I...I'm sorry, Fara...but..." Fox stammered, and Fara replied with "Hey, don't be sorry, it's okay, I told you to choose, and I know you and Krystal are...y'know...and if being part of Star Fox means going through crap like this once in a while, or even winding up injured and paralyzed, so be it!  I knew the risks when I signed up, and signed up again!"  Fara said.  Fox breathed a heavy sigh of relief.  "Glad you're okay, Fara." he said.  "Thanks, Fox." she replied.  "Hey, cuz, sober up, at least emotionally.  I know you're upset about what almost happened, but you're the leader, and this averted disaster is a great bonus, so all the more reason you need to snap out of it." said Todd.  "He's right." added Fara.

"Fine...good..." said Fox, slowly coming around. 

"HEY! FOXIE, EVERYONE!  SLIPPY FOUND DR. ANDROSS' DEVICE, HE FOUND THE LAB." said Falco.  "Where?" Fox asked.  "Go back to the beginning, and follow the 'F's' through the corridors." said Katt.  "Congrats on saving Fara, by the way, Lola, Misty, Edge, and Todd!  Lola, that was a great idea, I'm proud of you!" said Tigress, over the comm channel.  "How did...!?" Todd asked, when Tigress replied with "I'm telepathic, Todd, remember?" before Todd could say anymore.  "Mmmm..." Todd replied.  He then gathered up the tarp, neatly folded and rolled it, then stuffed it into an empty tool bag, and then took it with him as he followed his team mates out of the mechanics bay, and back to the beginning...

After regrouping at the beginning of their exploration, the Star Fox Team followed Slippy's marks to the lab, where they all met up.  "Great job, Slippy." said Fox.  "Yeah, kudos, Slip'!" said Edge.  Great job, Toady." said Pal.  "Nice going, Slippy!" said Miyu.  "Yeah, nice!" said Pal.  Slippy looked at Pal's clothes, noticing them for the first time.  "Uh...Pal?" he asked him.  "Hey, it's cool, you don't need to steal glances when you think I'm not looking...I don't mind if you stare." said Pal.  "Yyyyyeah, anyways..." Akasha said, breaking the awkward silence, "Let's get going, especially if Star Wolf is after this thing." Akasha added, gesturing towards the teleportation device on the table.  It was a large, cylindrical shaped device, it was the size of a water heater, if it were to lay on its side.  It had a rectangular base, and several connection ports, switches, buttons, lights, dials, and more.  It was on a wheeled table.

"Pal, Fay, keep watch!  The rest of you, help me strap the device to the table, and we'll all push it out.  I'll contact ROB on the Great Fox."  said Fox.  "Will do!" said Fay.  "Got it!" said Pal, and they headed out the doors.  "Okay...ROB!  We got what we're looking for!  We gotta go!  Prepare for our arrival!" said Fox.  "AFFIRMATIVE, FOX!  CONGRATULATIONS, TEAM!" said ROB.  Fox nodded, and smiled.  He helped his teammates strap down the teleporter, and then they pushed the table.  "RRGGHHH!  IT...WON'T...BUDGE!" said Slippy.  "Misty, stop 'pretending to push', Lola, get off the damn table!" said Miyu.

"Lola's not the problem, we didn't unlock the wheels!" said Todd.  "Oh!" everyone said, as they stopped pushing.  Todd unlocked the wheels.  The table moved slowly, but smoothly as Todd gently pushed it with one hand.  "How silly of us." Fox said.

Meanwhile, Fay stood guard, looking one way, and Pal looked the other way.  A shadowy figure lurked in the darkness.  He saw someone in a silver thong leotard, ladies combat boots, a slim silver service cap, and gray fingerless combat gloves, standing with their back to him.  "Hmmm....what do we have here?" the figure purred with contentment.  He loved the company of a fine lady.  He crept up behind Pal and grabbed his butt, and placed his other arm around Pal's torso..."Hello, there! What's a hot piece like yourself do-AH!?  What the hell!?" Panther felt something he wished he hadn't on Pal.

"Panther!?" Pal asked, without moving.  "PAL!?" asked Panther, realizing his horrifying mistake.  "Yeah...that's pretty much 'ME' that you're grabbing there..." Pal said.  Panther took his hands off off Pal "Oooohhh!" he shuddered, and he was then struck down by laser fire.  "I'm the only one allowed to grab him like that!" said Fay.  "Thanks honey!" Pal said, kissing Fay, as he kicked a leg back.  Fay rolled her eyes "You didn't exactly mind that Panther did that to you." she said to Pal.  "Hey, you gotta pay the price sometimes...besides, I'm used to it." said Pal.

The Star Fox Team rolled the teleporter out of the doors.  "What the hell was that racket!?" asked Lola.  She saw Panther laying unconscious on the floor.  "Oh damn!" said Fox.  "Let's get outta here!" said Slippy.

"Can't let you do that, Star Fox!" said a familiar voice, coming down the corridor towards them, blocking their escape route.

Sorry for the delay, awesome job as always Mr. Quasar! Love the whole "which girl will Fox choose?" set up.  :cool:

Guest Julius Quasar

Sorry for the delay, awesome job as always Mr. Quasar! Love the whole "which girl will Fox choose?" set up.  :cool:

Shh! Don't blow the surprise! ;)

Thanks, though.  Good to see you back.  :friends:

I love the chapter. Great stuff! Even though I do have an Idea of what is to happen (Not really Plot wise though), I can't wait to see the next chapter to either confirm/deny my thoughts/ideas! :D

Guest Julius Quasar

(Thanks, Nick1439)

Chapter 7

FOX, everyone!  I sense they're coming from all sides...they're not close enough yet, but they are coming...We've got to get the invention out of here, NOW! Krystal's thoughts permeated her teammates minds.  What are we gonna do!? Slippy's panicked thoughts were picked up by Krystal, Kylie, and Tigress.  How are we going to get this device out of here!? Kylie thought to everyone.  Um, duh?  It's a TELEPORTER DEVICE!  I'll use it to teleport it aboard the Great Fox...someone just has to hit the autopilot in my Arwing and send it back to the Great Fox hangar.  Todd thought.  How the hell do you know if it even WORKS!? Kylie thought to Todd.  Couldn't hurt to try! thought Todd.

I hate to admit it, but Todd might be right. Krystal thought.  She then transmitted her thoughts to everyone...Okay, everyone...Todd will try this device out, and we'll set it to the Great Fox's coordinates.  Akasha, Slippy, Tigress, you help out there.  We'll all make our way back to our Arwings and Aritechs, but we must make it seem like we still have the device.  Pal, Fay, take one of the extra wheeled tables out of that lab.  Tigress, get on top of that table with your weapons ready.  Todd, place that canvas tarp you have in your bag over Tigress.  It'll be the perfect setup to fool Star Wolf.  Lola, set Todd's Arwing to autopilot back to the Great Fox hangar.  Everyone else thought Got it! and the team got into action.

Pal and Fay wheeled out the spare lab table, and Todd handed them the canvas tarp from his tool bag.  Tigress, Slippy, and Akasha frantically set the device coordinates, and Todd pressed the button, as he held onto the side handle, while still holding his tool bag  and he vanished with the device and the wheeled table it was strapped to.  Todd came onto the comm channel.  "Success!" he whispered, as Tigress climbed onto the other lab table, holding her weapon ready, as Pal and Fay covered her with the canvas tarp.

Panther moaned and started to come to, as Wolf O' Donnell emerged from the darkness of the tunnel.  "After them!  They have the teleporter!" Wolf shouted, pointing to the table Tigress was crouching on top of, while still hidden under the tarp.  "Get 'em!" a Ruffian who was with Wolf shouted.  The Star Fox Team scattered in different directions.  They split up and scattered in different directions, shooting at Ruffians on their way though the corridors.  Fox took a wrong turn down another burned out corridor, and came to an enormous, cavernous room..."WHHHOOOAAAA!" he teetered on the edge of the corridor, before slipping back and landing on his butt, still holding his blaster, grateful he hadn't dropped it.  He backed away from the edge of the seemingly bottomless drop, and looked into the room.

"IF I GO DOWN, I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME!" Andross' voice echoed in his mind.  Fox realized where he was.  "Damn..." he said in awe and fear.  He suddenly saw the outline of an Arwing flying out of that room, and over him.  "Don't ever give up, my son!" a voice said.  And this time, it wasn't in his head.  The glow of his wrist communicator showed James sunglasses sporting face.  "DAD!?" Fox said.  The Arwing slowly glided down the corridor "Follow me Fox!  You might not remember the way..." James said to Fox.  Fox ran under the Arwing, which moved even slower, and...then it decreased its altitude.  "Fox, get on my wing, I'll fly you to your friends!  Hurry!" James said.

Fox did just this, feeling the cool metal of his father's Arwing.  In the darkness, he saw the lights of the cockpit's instrument panels and displays.  In the center of them was his dad.  "Surprised to see me, Fox?" his dad said, Fox could hear him both through the communication channel and the cockpit.  "Uh...well...Dad, are you...!?" Fox tried to ask, but James said "No time for that, son, hang on!  I need to get you to safety, NOW!" he said, as his Arwing picked up speed.  Fox hung on, as his father's earlier model Arwing didn't have wing walker capabilities, and his dad flew towards the hangar where Fox and his team started their search mission on Planet Venom.  James slowed the Arwing again, and Fox was able to jump off James' Arwing.  "Thanks, dad...but I-" he was cut off by "You're welcome, son, it was my pleasure!  But I'm afraid there's no time to chat!  You have a mission to complete!  Good luck!  I'm proud of you, and so is your mother...You've become so strong, Fox!" James said wistfully.

"Thanks in part to you, dad!" said Fox.  "No, no, son, it was you and your teammates!  Lylat Wars, Sauria, the Aparoid wars, and so much more...you led them and Lylat to victory, and I couldn't be more proud of you...Give my best regards to Peppy, Beltino, and General Pepper, and accept my best regards to you and your teammates as well, Fox!" said James, and then he sped off.  "Thanks!  Consider it done, dad...." said Fox, sentimentally, as he watched his dad's Arwing leave the hangar, and disappear into the Venomian sky.

Fay and Pal made their way through the corridors, and came into a domed room, with three other entrances.  Out of these entrances, Ruffians poured out of them and surrounded Tigress, Fay, and Pal.  Leon stepped into the room, and stood before the trio, his Ruffians forming a ring around them.  "Give us that device, and I'll only torture one of you, and kill the other two quick and gruesome!" he sneered.  He pulled the tarp off of the table, and gasped in shock "What the-" Tigress, Fay, and Pal all fired at once, defeating Leon and his crew.

"Good job, you two...." Tigress said.  "Thanks, Tigress." they replied.  They covered Tigress again, and continued down the corridors...Lola fired at a pipe on the wall, and a blast of green gas came out of the pipe, burning the clothes and flesh off of the Ruffians who pursued her.  She made her way into the hangar.  "Fox!?  How the hell did you get here first!?" she asked Fox.  Fox smiled, and said "You wouldn't believe me!".  Lola replied with "It was James, right!?" and Fox's eyes went as large and round as dinner plates.  "How did you...!?" Lola cut Fox off "Lucky guess." she said, and she and Fox aimed their weapons at the hangar entrances, covering their teammates as they charged into the hangar bay.

Fara was with Edge, she was sheltered by him as he bent slightly over her, covering her as they made it into the hangar.  Misty arrived next, and the three of them helped to cover their exit.  Miyu arrived, as did Kylie, Krystal,and Akasha.  Slippy ran in next, breathing hard, as Falco and Katt, hand in hand, ran in behind Slippy, laughing joyously.  They hugged, then kissed briefly, before joining their teammates.  Fay, Pal, and Tigress, still on the table, came into the hangar, and the team was ready to go.  As Tigress climbed out from under the canvas tarp on the table, she saw the outfit Pal was wearing and made a face.  "What's with that outfit!?" she asked him.  "Don't ask." said Fay.

"I have an outfit like that, as does Katt, and Fara.  Heck, Krystal should have one...you probably wouldn't look bad in one either, Tigress!  They can make them in your size!" said Lola.  Tigress and the others all laughed, and then Tigress made an angry expression, as she took the straps off the wheeled lab table, threw the tarp over Lola, and cocooned her in the tarp, reinforcing it with the table straps.  Lola's muffled screams and cries for help could be heard, and the rest of the team laughed even harder, as Tigress put Lola into the oxygen equipped bottom cargo compartment of her Arwing.  Tigress climbed up, to Lola's Arwing cockpit, and set the controls to autopilot, back to the Great Fox hanger.  "....and that's that!" she said, dusting off her hands in satisfaction as she boarded her Aritech fighter and flew next to Lola's Arwing.

"Guys, before we go, I'm gonna plant these bombs at the hangar entrance...I know that the Star Wolf Team docked elsewhere, but I think they're still following us!" said Edge, as he strung tripwires across the hangar entrances and rigged up the bombs, which he attached skillfully to the walls.  "Conrad taught me this." he said with a smiled.  "Good thinking, Edge!" said Fox.  "Are you sure they're following us!?" asked Slippy in fear.  "I can sense them.  C'mon, let's help Edge the best we can by covering him, and then we can go!" said Krystal.  They did just that, and in minutes, they flew out of the hangar, and back to the Great Fox, as some of the Ruffians tripped over the wires, and set off the bombs, killing themselves.

"We DID IT!" cheered Fara.  "We did...but it's not over yet..." Fox said, as the Great Wolf mothership could be seen looming in the distance.

Nice Chapter! Idon't know if it is just me, but in most of the Starfox fanfiction I have read, Starfox is great at setting traps and ambushes, and Starwolf is just plain epic at falling into them! lol. Great job! :D

Guest Julius Quasar

Chapter 8

Todd was waiting in the Great Fox hangar, Tigress had telepathically warned him of what was to come.  As she and Lola docked in the hangar, Lola's Arwing on auto pilot, Tigress got out of her Aritech Fighter, and then opened the cargo compartment to Lola's Arwing, and presented Todd with a squirming, muffled screaming, canvas tarp cocoon secured with lab table straps.  "I brought you a present, Todd." Tigress said, grinning.  "Cool, thanks!" Todd said, smiling, knowing what Tigress had done.  He unwrapped the cocoon containing Lola, and when he finished, he hugged Lola and asked her "Does this turn you on as much as it does for me?".  Lola shoved Todd playfully, and Todd smiled and said to Tigress "My favorite gift of all!  Thanks!  How'd you know, Tigress!?". 

"I had an inkling." she replied, and Lola charged Tigress, her fists swinging.  "Don't EVER do that to me again!  I couldn't breathe in there!  I could have suffocated!" she shouted, as Todd held Lola back.  Tigress yawned, as Todd tried to restrain Lola "I'm sorry she did that to you, but don't take it personal, Lola." he said, hugging her and giving her a kiss.  Lola relaxed, and exchanged that kiss with Todd, and then the other Arwings arrived.  "Ahh, I see Todd unwrapped his present." Fox teased, as Lola flipped him the middle finger.

As Todd gathered up the tarp, table straps, and the tool bag, and put them away in a supply cabinet, Fox said "All right, everyone!  We need to fuel up, stock up, and ready our Fighters.  Star Wolf will stop at nothing to get the device.  Fleeing from here won't work, as the Great Wolf is faster, and has better firepower than the Great Fox.  We need to fend them off as long as we can, and use the teleporter on the Great Fox to escape."  Fox said.  "Whaaat!?  Are you crazy!?" Falco asked him.  "It's a good plan, it could work!" Slippy said optimistically.  "Yeah, Slippy, Akasha, Tigress, and I can work to hook up the teleporter to the Great Fox's systems, and the rest of you can fend off the Star Wolf Team when and if they come in their fighters." said Miyu. 

"Exactly!" said Fox.  "Won't we be down 4 pilots, though?" asked Fay.  "They have to do this, hon',  it'll be a perfect exit strategy...we're merely slowing the Star Wolf Team down, not defeating them." said Pal.  Everyone looked at Pal, still in his thong leotard outfit resembling Cammy's from Street Fighter.  "Will you please change out of that outfit!?" said Fay.  "No time..." Pal said, winking at her.  "In your case, there is." said Fox, pointing towards the turbo lifts.  Pal grumbled, and headed for his room.  Fox turned to the others.  "Okay, let's get to work.  Akasha, Miyu, Tigress, Slippy, get the teleporter and move it to the nerve center, then hook it up.  The rest of you get ready.  We got to stall Star Wolf.  Be careful of the missiles the Great Wolf contains.  We can't let the Great Fox take ANY damage.  I'm counting on you all, let's do this!" he said, and the others cheered, and got ready.

Krystal, Misty, Lola, Fay, Fara, Katt, Fox, Falco, Todd, Edge, Kylie, and Pal flew out in their Arwings.  They were about to engage in combat with a squadron of Star Wolf fighters.  Wolf led the squadron, with Leon at his right, Panther on his left, and a dozen stock fighter craft, small, cheap, simple stock fighter craft bringing up the rear, piloted by ruffian goons.  "Give us that teleporter, and we'll call off the attack!" Wolf said to Fox.  "We will NOT!" said Fox.  "Always the little hothead, eh?  Fine!  You had your chance, pup, now you're gonna die!" said Wolf.

The fight began.

The Star Wolf squadron broke apart as Fox and his teammates worked them over.  Todd used charged shot after charged shot to take out 3 stock fighters.  Lola tricked a trio of fighters to chase her down, and then she Immelman Looped over them and hit them with a Nova Bomb, destroying them.  Krystal chased an enemy fighter, and with a little effort, a little patience, she destroyed the fighter.  Wolf charged and attacked Katt, who kept barrel rolling to deflect his shots, and dodged his Nova Bomb attack just in time, doing an Immelman Loop.  "Dammit!" Wolf shouted, seeing that he had missed her.

Falco saw that Wolf was distracted, and used the opportunity to fire a Nova Bomb into the belly of Wolf's fighter.  "Rrrgh!" Wolf grunted, as he took 1/3 damage.  Meanwhile, Akasha, Tigress, Miyu, and Slippy worked i the nerve center to attach the teleporter to the Great Fox's vital systems.  "We're coming along slowly but surely!" Slippy said over the comm to his teammates outside.  "Good, but try to pick up the pace, we're counting on you!" said Fox.  "My apologies, but I need a little more time." Lola said, imitating Beltino Toad's voice perfectly.  "Shut up, already!" Slippy said, annoyed with Lola's antics.  "You shut up!" Todd replied.  "All of you shut up, and get back to work." Fara replied.

As the battle wore on, Fox received 2 distress calls.  "Help, Fox!" Fara said over the comm, as Leon and 2 fighters chased her.  "Fox, I'm in danger!" Krystal said.  She was being chased by Panther, and 2 fighters.  "I'm gonna get you yet, my beauty!" Panther said.  They were both an equal distance from him.  What was he going to do!?  More enemy fighters poured out of the Great Wolf, and his Teammates had their hands full.  "Damn!" he said, and then he made his choice on who to rescue...He chased after Leon and his goons, firing a charged shot at the 2 fighters assisting Leon, then he fired a Nova Bomb at Leon.  Leon pulled away, but Fox hit him with a string of charged shots, eventually defeating him.  "Me!?  ME!?" Leon said, then he flew back to the Great Wolf hangar.

"I'm still in trouble, Fox, I've only 1/3 power left!" said Krystal.  Fox attacked the enemies pursuing Krystal, this time he hit Panther with a Nova Bomb, and then used to charged shots to take out the other two enemy fighters.  A bomb rattled Fox's Arwing.  "You looking to die, runt!?" Panther sneered, as he attacked Fox from behind.  Panther had Immelman Looped behind Fox and hit him with a Nova Bomb.  Fox was down to half power, after fighting with the other enemies, and taking damage from Panther.  "For Krystal, yes!" said Fox, as he Immelman looped, avoiding another Nova Bomb launched by Panther.

The two of them were circling each other, in all directions, trying to lock onto one another, Fox also had to fight off enemy fighters that tried to ambush him.  He was out of Nova Bombs.  He got on Panther's six, and fired charged shot after charged shot, while taking damage from an enemy fighter behind him.  Fox was down to 1/4 shield energy.  He sighed, let Panther go, Immelman Looped away from the enemy fighter, then he was pursued by this fighter like it was a pesky fly.  He finally got behind it, and hit it with a charged shot, destroying it.  He then closed in on Panther as he closed in on Krystal.  *ZAAAP!  BOOM!*

Fox shot Panther with another charged shot, the last one needed to bring him down.  "Thanks, Fox!" said Krystal.  "Yeah, thanks Fox!" Fara said.  "No problem Krystal, Fara.  Sorry for the slow response." Fox replied, as he took on more enemy fighters.  Lola flew in front of Fox and gave him a supply ring.  "Here, honey, you need this!" she said.  Fox flew through it and revived some of his Arwing shield strength.  "Thanks, Lola." he said.  Todd scanned the area for Wolf, and saw him.  He flew after Wolf, and fired several shots into Wolf's canopy.  "Don't mess with me, Fox!" said Wolf.  "I'm TODD, you moron!" said Todd.

"Who cares!?" asked Wolf, as he barrel rolled to deflect a charged shot fired by Todd.  Wolf managed to evade Todd, and then when he tried to ambush Todd, only to look up above him.  TODD WAS FLYING UPSIDE DOWN ABOVE WOLF, CANOPY TO CANOPY!  Todd smiled, flipped Wolf the finger with both hands, and then snapped a picture of Wolf with a camera.  The flash temporarily blinded Wolf.  Todd then did an Immelman Loop, a barrel roll which turned him right side up, and then fired a Nova Bomb and a series of laser shots into Wolf's tail.  Wolf was downed by Todd.  "I can't believe I'd get beat...by TODD nonetheless." Wolf said.  "Believe it, chump!" Todd jeered, as Wolf pulled back, and headed for the Great Wolf hangar.

A dozen stock fighters attacked Todd from behind.  Todd screamed, and fled from them, barrel rolling, Immelman Looping, but he couldn't shake them.  "Get away from me you losers!" Todd shouted.  Lola swooped in and alternated in shooting charged and regular laser shots.  In a matter of minutes, she defeated all 12 of the fighters after Todd.  "You saved me, thanks Lola!" said Todd.  "Don't mention it, hon'!" said Lola.  Eight stock fighters appeared behind Lola, but before they could attack her, Misty ambushed them, firing several regular shots to soften up her enemies, then she fired charged shot after charged shot, and with a little effort, and caution so as not to have them get away or to get behind her in an attempt to turn the tables on her, Misty defeated all 8 of the enemy fighters.  "Thanks, Misty!  you're a star!" Lola said to Misty.  "You're welcome, Lola!" Misty said.

The Star Fox Team mopped up the quadrant, destroying and killing the last of the Ruffians in the enemy stock fighter ships.

"We've no more vessels or pilots to deploy, sir!" said a Ruffian ensign to Wolf over the comm channel from the hangar of the Great Wolf.  "Damn!  Deploy the missiles, then!" Wolf said from the bridge over the comm channel, to the Ruffians down in the armory of the Great Wolf.  "Oh, s***!  Guys, how far along are you?" asked Pal.  "We're almost there." said Akasha.  "We'll have to hold off those missiles until then, team.  Anyone with less than half shield power, return to the Great Fox immediately, no arguments!" said Fox.

The final fight in this mission was about to begin.