What game did you play made you felt it was hard or impossible to beat?

Guest Mr. N

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OneUnder

• Nexus

• Sabre

• Thu'um

Guest Julius Quasar

Dick Tracy on NES.  THAT GAME WAS HARD FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS!!

pistol02.gifDickTracy.jpg

TOTALLY! (love the picture, dude. awesome! :yes: )

Mario Kart DS

the 150cc is a pain in the butt, then the Mirror mode... it took me almost 4 days just to finish one cup in the 150cc mode ALONE

I was like, what the hell is this?

Over time, I was finally able to beat 150cc Mirror in one seating, and now I'm a Pro MKDS player

Space Colony, the b-graded game isn't very fun and the difficulty curve is extreme. Like at the same time playing a sims style game. You have to defend your colony from giant aliens and collect all the eggs before they hatch into the monsters that are attacking you. And BTW, you don't even start off with the infrastructure to collect the eggs in the first place. And its not just like that at certain points in the game. The entire game runs that way.

Space Colony, the b-graded game isn't very fun and the difficulty curve is extreme. Like at the same time playing a sims style game. You have to defend your colony from giant aliens and collect all the eggs before they hatch into the monsters that are attacking you. And BTW, you don't even start off with the infrastructure to collect the eggs in the first place. And its not just like that at certain points in the game. The entire game runs that way.

I wanted to play that back in the day.

I'm sorry but StarFox adventures...then again i was,like,7 the first time i played it.

Now i'm zipping through it!

Action 52.  That game is so backward, so dastardly programmed, the ONLY DAMNED WAY TO BEAT IT IS WITH A REWIND BUTTON!! (One of the only times emulators beat the actual system.)

426607-avgn_super.jpg

Mine would be 'Glover' for the Nintendo 64. First Game I played if recall. So friggin' hard for  N64 >.<

Guest Mr. Mario

Donkey Konga 3 full song challenge

and there is like...50 songs

As soon as you progess through the challenge, the difficulty will increase and when I got to the Star Fox theme (my last song), I eventually lost my rythem and started to miss the beats. When my meter was empty, the game was over.

I can't believe that I have to start over again after 49 songs...

For those that don't believe there is no such Donkey Konga 3, here is the cover (I really own the game)

1224950986-14580-0.jpg

There is still a few copies left on eBay, I highly recommand you get the game

Mine would be 'Glover' for the Nintendo 64. First Game I played if recall. So friggin' hard for  N64 >.<

I completly forgot about that one, and i havn't beatn it either.

Ninja Gaiden for the SNES. I'm only able to get farther in it by using cheat passwords. And I can never defeat that freakin boss at the end. :evil:

AVGN was SO right about that game.....

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Dracula X in USA).

Probably the hardest would be AVP on nightmare difficulty (xbox 360)

No checkpoints, in darkness, with a pistol.

Need i saw more?

Another one was SSBB. The game itself wasnt hard, but Tabu was a *?#&* to kill, because of his 1 hit KO moves

Probably the hardest would be AVP on nightmare difficulty (xbox 360)

No checkpoints, in darkness, with a pistol.

Need i saw more?

I actually had no problem doing that game on the hardest difficulty, I just had problems on the last Predator mission because stupid things would happen (The Predalien slamming the platforms would cause me to stumble just before I jumped to another, knocking me into the lava), and the second to last Marine mission (The one that has the 50 million dialogues with a Praetorian boss at the end). Other than that, though, it was easy. I beat the game on Nightmare the first playthrough, only missing two trophies now to get platinum.

But good to see another AvP player.

I actually had no problem doing that game on the hardest difficulty, I just had problems on the last Predator mission because stupid things would happen (The Predalien slamming the platforms would cause me to stumble just before I jumped to another, knocking me into the lava), and the second to last Marine mission (The one that has the 50 million dialogues with a Praetorian boss at the end). Other than that, though, it was easy. I beat the game on Nightmare the first playthrough, only missing two trophies now to get platinum.

But good to see another AvP player.

You thought the last Alien mission was easy? With the two predators that had like infinite health?

Man you must be kick ass at AVP

You thought the last Alien mission was easy? With the two predators that had like infinite health?

Man you must be kick ass at AVP

Granted they killed me a few times, but I learned how to deal with them, I forget how though. It just took a little practice. It helped that I played the MP demo on both Xbox 3Shitty and Playstation 3, so I was familiar with the controls (and was one hell of a kickass Predator, and not a shabby Alien *though my friend is an awesome Alien and decent Predator*).

But yeah, it took me less than five attempts to get them (not like that level is particularly long, anyway).

A little game called, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. TOO MANY ******* ENEMIES!!!!!!

both Xbox 3Shitty and Playstation 3, so I was familiar with the controls (and was one hell of a kickass Predator, and not a shabby Alien *though my friend is an awesome Alien and decent Predator*).

I am an awesome Marine, good Pred, okay alien. I thought i was good until i played online with other aliens. I was destroyed (but as a marine i'd kill them every time  :))

That's because Marine is ridiculously over-powered, what with the pulse rifle able to kill a Predator in only 10 bullets.

That's because Marine is ridiculously over-powered, what with the pulse rifle able to kill a Predator in only 10 bullets.

He's not overpowered. It takes 30 bullets to kill a pred with a smart gun! And besides, you hit him once, he's basically dead.