Family or Friends?

Fluxy

Okay, so I have been dealing with lots of family crap. I know it has been a while since last chapter, but this one is a little longer than the others. Enjoy! :D

Chapter 8, A Reason to Stay

Liam got up from his bed after lying there for practically two days straight. He couldn’t shake the feeling that he didn’t miss hear what that other pilot said. It couldn’t have been Gearhart. There is no way! He wasn’t there at the first planning meeting. Liam was afraid. If it was Gearhart, he was most likely dead. He packed up the small amount of personal supplies he brought, and walked out of his room.

He walked over to the hanger bay, and into Wolf’s personal leader office. Thankfully for Liam, Wolf wasn’t there. Liam sat down, picked up a piece of scratch paper, a pen, and started writing. “This is Liam. I know you were planning to invade the Sarfox base on within the next week, and you planned on me coming with you, but for personal reasons I must withdraw. Thank you for the opportunity, but I must be going. Sincerely, Liam Archon.” He signed the paper, put it on Wolf’s desk where it would be seen, then headed out. Liam had many other friends, others much ‘Cooler’ to hang out with, and much more talented, but Gearhart was his best friend. He didn’t know why it had to be Gearhart. That pilot read their battle tactics, and even saved me. If he hadn’t given that warning, I would have died. How come he didn’t move when they approached him! Liam thought while hitting the side of his ship. He couldn’t help having all these feelings of guilt and anger. Inside, he knew from the voice that the pilot had to be Gearhart’s, but he kept thinking as if it were someone else, in hopes it was just a miss judgment on his part.

Liam opened the head of his ship, and hopped in. He started all the mechanics, and pressed the ‘Open’ button to open the hanger so he could leave. As the wall unfolded, he thought maybe Gearhart’s mom might be able to help him with his issue. “I’ll go to Mel. She might know the truth about this situation.” Liam said as he flew off into the distance. Destination: Corneria.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Gearhart woke himself up at about 9:30am. Usually, he would sleep in on the weekends, but since he got to get off the ship for a bit, he wanted to be ready. Gearhart got up lazily and half awake and headed to his dresser. He opened it, and saw there were more clothes, about three days worth, in there. He guessed it was Nel’s doing like the last time, but that didn’t bother him. He threw off the clothes from the day before, and started putting on one of the sets. These clothes he liked a lot better. Gearhart put on a yellow, short-sleeve, button up shirt, but didn’t button it. He also had blue baggy jeans again, but that didn’t matter too much. About two seconds after he put on his shirt and pants, a knock was at his door. Gearhart went over to the door and opened it. It was Fox. “Richard. After every mission, you get a share of the credits for participating.” He said while handing a card to Gearhart. “Have some fun okay?” Gearhart smiled as he received the card. “Yeah. Sure thing.” He responded. Fox walked down the hall, and Gearhart closed the door. He never really got to spend money on things he wanted. His mind quickly went to those books he read in Krystal’s old room. “I can always get some more books.” Sounding a little disappointed that the first thing he thought of were books. Soon after, He got another knock on his door. He opened it, and this time it was Nel.

“Hey, Richard!” She said with a heartwarming smile. “Fayt, Cliff and I were gonna go to a concert at the fair today, do you want to come? We have an extra ticket.” She said while holding it up. Gearhart smiled. It wasn’t of a band he liked, but the offer was nice.                

“Thanks.” Gearhart said while taking the ticket.                

“Okay, we are also going to be hanging out for the day before the concert.”                    

“Sure, that sounds fun.” Gearhart said happily. “So, where are those two?” An explosion down to the hall could be heard. The two looked to their right and saw a big cloud of purple gas was there. Cliff was running as fast as he could, which was very fast, from the cloud and passed Nel and Gearhart.                 “It wasn’t my fault!” Cliff yelled as he ran past the two. He had a fearful expression on his face, and goggles on his forehead. They looked to their left seeing Cliff now running down another hall. The two turned back to their right and saw Fayt running as fast as he could, which was much faster than Cliff, in the same direction of Cliff. He was wearing goggles too, but his fur was now covered fully in purple, and he had an angry expression on his face.                

“Get back here so I can kill you!” Fayt yelled as he ran past the two. Nel and Gearhart paused for a moment, both not sure what to say next.       

“Are you sure you wouldn’t rather take Fox and Krystal rather than those two?” Gearhart said a confused manner.                

“They didn’t want to go for some reason. They were my first choices.” She sighed, and then went back to smiling. “We will all head out together once the Great Fox lands. I need to still get ready. See you then!” She said while turning and walking over to her room. Gearhart closed the door. Feeling a bit better, he decided to wait in his room until the ship landed.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

“All right, you all know the deal. You get till Sunday night to be back here, or you’re left behind, and need to find a way back here yourself.” Fox said. All the members were in the docking area. Falco looked liked he usually did, happier than ever. Fara was standing straight at attention. Krystal was tired and trying not to slouch. Cliff was standing straight. He now had a black eye and was trembling as he stood next to Fayt. Fayt had an angry expression on his face. Most of him was purple, except for the part of his face that covered his eyes that the goggles protected. Nel was smiling and at attention. Gearhart stood as he normally did. Slippy wasn’t there. He felt that it would be more fun to work on the Arwings. Fox smiled. “Okay, all of you go and have fun!” He said as the hatchet opened and the light could be seen from outside. “And stop beating each other for goodness sake! We are a team!” Fox said as most of the team was already heading out. Fayt exchanged looks with Cliff. Cliff instantly ran off.

“I told you it was an accident!” He exclaimed as he ran into the sunlight. Fayt soon charged after him.                

“You’ll never beat me in a race! You’re gone!” He said as he was almost caught up to Cliff. Cliff then spun and slammed an oversized wrench into Fayt’s face. Fayt fell down to the ground unconscious.                

“It was for your own good…” He said while picking up Fayt and continued walking. The rest of the Starfox team sighed. Nel grabbed Gearhart’s arm, and started walking.                

“Come on. We can’t leave Cliff by himself. He is so stupid, he will get lost.” She said while Gearhart followed her aggressive lead.                

“But I mean, he does have Fayt. He can’t be that bad off.” A pause set in. The two started laughing and they continued down. Falco took the turtle approach compared to the group and walked out slowly. Fox stood there and looked at Krystal, and she looked back.                

“Well, we are alone now, eh?” Fox said while chuckling. Krystal giggled.                

“I guess we are.” Krystal said while walking right up to Fox. And as soon as they were about to kiss, Fara came from behind them.                

“Don’t forget about little old me!” Fara said as she laughed. The vulpine couple sighed.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Fayt, who now had a swelling bruise on his muzzle, Cliff, Nel, and Gearhart were all sitting at a local coffee shop. It was about two hours till Fayt had woken up, and Cliff had offered to buy the four of them drinks on him. They all happily agreed of course. All was back to normal between Cliff and Fayt. As soon as they sat down, Fayt brought up something totally random and out of the blue, and the two were laughing louder than ever. This led Nel and Gearhart to feel a bit awkward, but it was hilarious to watch, so they didn’t intervene.

“So, Richard. Who are you exactly? You aren’t very good at flying, pretty well in combat, and are able to see through my tricks. Explain yourself.” Fayt said, wanting a new topic choice. This question also got the other two interested; they leaned forward to listen in.                         

“Um, not much to it.” Gearhart said while swirling the remaining coffee in his drink. “I just never had a knack for many things. Flying, making friends. Meeting you guys and Fox changed me. I mean, now since I am on this team, I don’t have to worry about my past troubles.” Nel smiled at this. Fayt’s head quirked upwards toward Nel, then Cliff and him looked at each other simultaneously. They looked at each other for a second and then broke the stare. Fayt took a grab for his coffee cup, and accidentally spilt it on Gearhart. Gearhart saw that it was on purpose, but decided not to mention it yet.                

“Oh, I’m sorry about that Richard! Here, come with me, I’ll help you out with that.” He said while looking at Gearhart. He knew Fayt wanted to say something to him, so he got up and followed him to the outside of the café. Gearhart was a little upset that he now had stains on his clothes, but listened to Fayt. “Hey, I don’t know whether you’re into Nel or not, but she is into you.” Gearhart rolled his eyes.                

“And here I thought you were going to help get this stain off my shirt.” Gearhart said sarcastically while wetting a napkin and rubbing it over the areas the coffee spilt over. Fayt placed his hands on Gearhart’s shoulders and looked at him.                

“You don’t understand. Everyone Nel crushes on only gets bad stuff happening to them.” Fayt said, acting as if it were a matter of life and death. Gearhart went back to wiping his stains.                

“Look. I’m not one many people would say, ‘dateable’. Nel wouldn’t be after me. And I’m not that interested into her.” Gearhart lied about being interested in Nel. Fayt started shaking Gearhart.                

“No, you look. I have telepathy. For some reason, your mind is a shut book, but it is obvious you feel something for her.” Gearhart looked to the side as Fayt said this. “I’m just telling you now. Give Nel the wrong idea about you. Me and Cliff don’t want you gone. You are too much fun!” 

“I think I’ll be fine.” He said while getting out of Fayt’s grip. “Sure, I might like her, but I still doubt she likes me. I’m not worried about it. I’m not going to let some stupid superstition control me.” He walked back over to where the table was. Fayt sighed and followed after him.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

“So, whatever happened to that one dude Fox hired? Liam I think?” Cliff asked Nel while they were waiting for the two to return.                

“He is still on the mission I guess. I don’t know why though. It should have been over after that battle.” Cliff nodded in response, and suddenly looked in the direction Fayt and Gearhart went. “Is something wrong Cliff?” She asked as he slowly started to face her again.                

“No, shouldn’t be…” He said. Cliff came back to his senses. “Just curious, do you like Richard?”                

“Maybe, maybe not. But that is none of your business. Why do you ask?” Nel responded, now getting a bit upset.                

“Oh, no reason. Just curious is all.” Cliff said while smiling.                

“Yeah? Well just remember, curiosity killed the cat, Cliff” She said while taking another sip from her cup.                

“Hey, I’m a Lynx. There’s a big difference!” Cliff said starting to get defensive. Fayt and Gearhart walked back from the outside and rejoined the table.                

“What did we miss?” Fayt said smiling while sitting down. Gearhart had a more depressed look on his face and was silent.                

“Not much. Just talking about that last dude that joined up.” Cliff responded. Nel looked at Gearhart, she saw he was troubled by something, which made her sad, but she kept it to herself.                

“Oh, you mean Liam?” Fayt said. This peaked Gearhart’s interest, his head quickly raised and looked at Fayt. “Yeah, that guy was pretty cool. I swear, that kid was literally better at everything than me. Except tricks!” Fayt said with pride.                  

“Where is he?!” Gearhart said. He tried not sounding excited, but it slipped out. The three looked in shock to see how his mood turned around so fast.                

“He was actually on a hidden mission with Starwolf, working as reconnaissance for us. Maybe you ran into him?” Fayt responded.                

“No… No, I most likely haven’t.” Gearhart said while calming down. Fayt then looked over at Cliff, and then nodded to himself.                  

“You know, me and Cliff here have been waiting to see this new shop that sells the coolest stuff.” Fayt said while getting up.                    

“What? I don’t-” Cliff stopped as Fayt pounded his back with his fist and great strength. “Oh, right. That shop I REALLY want to see.” Cliff said while now rubbing his back from the pain.                            

“Oh, sure. We can go there.” Nel said while standing up, and then she stopped for a moment and looked at Fayt more closely.                

“No, it’s best if me and Cliff go alone. You guys would just become test subjects to all the gimmicks and tricks there.” Fayt responded as he and Cliff walked off. Nel smirked and sat back down next to Gearhart. Gearhart started getting a bit nervous. He started taking in the rest of the coffee from his drink. Nel twiddled her thumbs for a moment as an awkward pause set in.                

“So…” Nel said while drifting off from her speech. Gearhart could sense that she was also nervous for some reason.                

“Hey, let’s go down to the book store. I’ve wanted to get more stuff to read while I’m bored on the ship.” Gearhart said, not realizing how geeky it sounded. Nel looked up and smiled at him.                  

“Sure. That will give us something to do.” She said while smiling at him and getting up. The two left the coffee shop and headed down towards the closest book store.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

(Sorry, I had to make this two posts, It was apparently too long.  :?)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluxy

• OneUnder

• FoxMcCloud

• Conor

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

“Fayt, I usually trust your better judgment,” Cliff said telepathically to Fayt, “but why the friggen hell, are we in trash cans again?!” Cliff thought aggressively. “It will all make sense soon, Cliff. I always do my homework on this sorta stuff.” Fayt responded with some pride. The two were in separated metal trash cans outside a local fish market. They sat in discomfort for five minutes. A great, big, garbage truck came down, and picked up the cans that Fayt and Cliff were in and dumped them into its cargo. “Fayt…” Cliff said in a tone of anger. Fayt smiled. “Just be patient. It’s a surprise.” The truck went along until it hit its dumping site. The whole cargo of trash was then dumped on more trash, effectively covering the two in trash. They both popped their heads out from the filth, and started standing up. Cliff started patting the filth off. “Okay, give me three reasons for why I shouldn’t hurt you.” Fayt laughed. “Alright. First, my face is still swelling, and will be like this for at least a week. Second, I was really tired, and walking this long distance didn’t feel fun. And three,” Fayt said while pointing to a large building warehouse. “That!” He said. Cliff’s mouth dropped, and he stayed motionless for at least five seconds. “Is… Is that what I think it is?” Cliff said in pure awe. Fayt smiled with a cocky attitude. “Yes, yes it is. The ‘Acme Tricks’ manufacturing area. Now let’s get going. We got so little time, yet so much money to spend!” Fayt pushed Cliff down the large pile of trash and watched as he tumbled down to the bottom. Fayt jumped down, and started walking to the warehouse. “Best weekend, ever!” Cliff yelled while standing and catching up to Fayt.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The two walked out of Acme Tricks about one hour after entering. If it weren’t for their short closing time, they would have been in there much longer. They walked down the street. Many people gave them strange looks as if they were a couple of children in a man’s body from all the bags they came out with. But they considered themselves children anyway, so it didn’t bother them too much. Cliff stopped and set his bags of Acme supplies down on the cement. “I really need to go to the bathroom, Fayt. Can you watch my stuff, thanks, bye!” Cliff said as he rushed down an ally way. Fayt sighed, and set his bags down as well, and waited for Cliff. After a minute, he got a strange sensation in his mind that Cliff somehow lost mental contact with him. Never have feeling in his life, and now worried, he rushed down the long ally. He ran into a cross section and turned left. He saw Cliff talking to a very attractive blue vulpine, maybe even more attractive than Krystal in his eyes. She looked over to Fayt when Cliff stopped talking, and smiled in a seductive manner. “Oh, Fayt! Cliff has told me so much about your little Starfox organization. Do you mind answering some questions?” The vulpine said. Fayt was confused as to the meaning of this. “What do you mean, and what has Cliff said?” Fayt responded cautiously, taking a step forward. “Oh, not anything good. He hasn’t been too useful,” as she said this Cliff laughed and started blushing, in an almost idiot manner; Fayt knew these type of women weren’t Cliff’s ‘fancy’ so to speak. She walked up and set her hand the side of Fayt’s head. “But, I bet a man like you,” she started stroking his chest in a seductive manner, “could give me information on a person you see as Richard.” Fayt liked that she was being touchy, but was confused of why she knew anything about his life, and how she got Cliff all star struck. “Well-” Fayt started to say as he looked into her eyes. He got lost in her eyes as he felt as if her eyes were reading something. Fayt averted his eyes from hers after a moment. He started smiling and looked at her. “We first met Richard when…”

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Gearhart had a huge stack of very thick books. All had something to do with either the body and how it responds to different things, or it was about how to treat battle wounds. Nel was surprised at how many books he had piled. This was your typical big book shop. Big book shelves that held many books all in organization, the works. Nel went on the other side of the bookcase that Gearhart was on. Gearhart was starting to worry about what Fayt said, especially now since they were alone. He stopped his search and leaned on the bookcase and spoke out loud, that way Nel could hear.

“So, Nel. Do you mind if I ask you a question?” Gearhart said.                

“Uh huh. Go ahead, I have time.” Nel responded.                

“Yeah.” Gearhart started blushing. “So, Fayt told me that every guy you crush on gets cursed or something.”                

“Okay, but why are you telling me that?”                

“Well, I just wanted to know if that, if it was true or not.”                

“Oh! Well, yeah! If he said it, it has to be true. He wouldn’t lie to you!” Nel responded cheerfully.                

“Okay, because I haven’t known Fayt long enough to really know if he was trying to scare me off or something.”                

“Look he means it.” She responded still with a happier tone; much to his confusion.                

“Well,” Gearhart started getting really nervous as he continued, “I don’t know. I guess, I just really like you, and wasn’t sure if you liked me.” He shut his eyes, expecting the cold hand of fate to show up and bring him down.                

“Awe, that is so sweet! So when did you plan on going out?” Her response confused Gearhart even more.                

“Uh… umm…” Gearhart couldn’t find the words to say. “I guess today, since we have time.”                

“Oh really!? You know, I have been wanting to see that movie for a while.”                

“Okay, we will go see a movie!” Gearhart said happily. His tail started wagging, and his face started blushing.                

“Okay, I’ll let you go so you can get ready for it. Have fun, you love bird!” Gearhart was now really confused. A clicking noise was heard, and Nel stepped from the other side of the bookcase so she was now in view of Gearhart. “Oh, sorry. Krystal called me to talk. We share practically everything,” She said while smiling. Gearhart’s tail wagging instantly stopped and the blood that was rushing to his cheeks, slowly stopped, and resumed normal course as he went back to his normal face. Nel had a confused look on her face now. “Did you say something while I was talking to Krystal?”                

“Eh, it doesn’t matter.” Gearhart’s heart dropped all the way as he lost his boost of happiness and became really embarrassed.                

“Okay. Well, since we have some time, I thought we should go see a movie! Plus, it would be fun to see what Fox and Krystal actually do when they go out together.” Gearhart felt a little better, but still very embarrassed.                

“Sure. A movie would be okay.” Gearhart said while stacking the last book on the pile. “Do you think you could give me a hand with these though?”  The stack of books was as tall as Gearhart. Nel looked at, and then looked at Gearhart.                

“You can buy those after the movie.” She smiled and looked at Gearhart. “Now let’s go, Richard. We got to get moving! The movie is in ten minutes.” 

“Yeah. Let’s go” Gearhart said as the two started walking back to the outside.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Gearhart and Nel sat in the very back row. They rushed in right before the trailers started. Gearhart easily spotted Fox and Krystal in the middle section of the room. He also smelled that strawberry scent; but not only Krystal was giving it off. He looked around, and noticed four rows in front of him that Fayt and Cliff were sitting there laughing about something. He also could easily pick up that the two smelled horrible, as if they rolled in trash or something. The lights started dimming as the trailers started playing.

The movie wasn’t that interesting to Gearhart. It was a movie that had sparks of action, but mainly had a lot of drama. It was about some war torn, depressed, snake and his journey of how he finds the love of his life, takes down the leader of a force that condoled his every move, and regains the respect of his family. He could easily tell that Nel and Krystal enjoyed it though. Fox seemed to enjoy it because he was spending the time with Krystal. Fayt and Cliff, they laughed at every situation that was serious, which happened to be a lot.

After the movie, Nel and Gearhart went back to the book store like she promised. They picked up the books and headed back to the Great Fox to drop them off.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

They got to Gearhart’s room, which of course said ‘Richard’s Room’. He set down the books he was holding and opened up the door. They brought the books in and set them in his bookcase. Nel sat down on his bed; Gearhart could tell something was bothering her, so he sat on the bed as well.

“Is something the matter, Nel?” Gearhart said to Nel in a caring manner. She chuckled to herself.                  

“It’s just, I look at Krystal. She has someone, and it’s so, nice. She is strong, kind, and doesn’t have her fur messed up, it just makes me jealous. You know?” Nel said while seeming a tiny bit down. Gearhart knew exactly how she felt; he was always jealous of others around him, for more and different reasons, but he could relate.                  

“Are you kidding?” Gearhart said while looking at Nel. “So your fur isn’t perfect, that does suck. So she has better skills than you, that’s how life turns out for some people. And she has someone like Fox as her boyfriend, she’s lucky.” Nel had a bead of tear run down her muzzle. Gearhart took his hand and wiped it. “The point is, if you keep looking at it the way you are, you won’t be able to move on with your life, and you will just live in the shadow. I have been doing that for too long. If you ask me, you’re perfect.” Nel looked at Gearhart and hugged him. He hugged back, avoiding the areas her back were hurt. They stayed like that for a while. Gearhart’s emotions were running franticly. He was happy that he and Nel were closer, sad that she feels the way towards Krystal as he does to Liam, and guilt for not telling Nel who he really was.  Nel broke the hug, with her hands still on Gearhart. She looked into his eyes, and he did the same. She leaned in and kissed Gearhart on the lips. After a moment, he kissed back. Gearhart knew now that he had to tell Nel eventually who he was. He felt he could no longer keep it a secret, not to Nel at least. They stopped after while. Gearhart smiled. “If you still want to go to the concert, we probably should go find Fayt and Cliff.” Nel smiled and hugged Gearhart.                

“Why ruin a good day with those two?” She said as she got up.                

“Okay, what do you want to do then?” Gearhart said as he laid down on his bed, hoping that this was real and not a dream. Nel closed Gearhart’s open door, and lay down on the bed next to him. She laid her head on his chest and wrapped her right arm around him, and closed her eyes. “This.” She said as she smiled. Gearhart looked at the clock. It said the time was ‘3:30pm’.                

“That’s a good a time as ever to get some more rest.” He said happily as he moved the blanket over the two of them. The two, both with smiles on their faces, started falling asleep as their first day off came to a close.

---

It does look small since they are separated, but in all its about 1-1/2 chapters worth of goodness. (Aka it's like 4,600 words. My brain doesn't work at 3:26am. Sorry people.)

still good so far.  sorry I fell behind in reading this

No worries! The fact that people are reading this is what matters. (Thanks to all those non-repliers out there! I know you are reading it, or else my views are lying!)

Next chapter should be up by Sat night, hopefully. I am also taking an unseen turn of events, so people who read the up coming chapters, even if you get upset, or mad at what happens in it, please stick with it! That is all I ask. *Continues work on Ch 9 & part of Ch 10*

Hey Nick! I'm behind on my fanfic reading, and you have a lot of chapters for me to catch up on! I've only read the first couple so far, but so far so good! I'll be sure to read the rest/comment more.

Hey Nick! I'm behind on my fanfic reading, and you have a lot of chapters for me to catch up on! I've only read the first couple so far, but so far so good! I'll be sure to read the rest/comment more.

Oh, Why thank you!  :lol: I have actually been lazy on chapter nine, but not ch 10...  :oops: So that works perfect for you! (Sorry everyone else.  :lol:)

I'm......I'm f*cking blown away.  To say that I'm enjoying this story is an understatement, I LOVE THIS STORY!!  I'm pretty mad at myself for not getting to read it earlier, but gosh..you've created an incredible atmosphere with several likable characters Nick!  I can't wait for more chapters, and I'd like to re-iterate the point that I'm sorry I didn't read it earlier! Great job :P

Lol, my trouble with fanfics is: Procastination.

(or well, like that), so I am pretty much behaind

too.

Never-the-lest, I know who is the

father of Gerhart!

You are a good fan-fiction writter!

Keep it up! :yes: :lol:

Sorry to fill this thread with another random post, but this is EXACTLY how I feel about your fan-fic Nick!

so_much_win_graphic.png

Lol, my trouble with fanfics is: Procastination.

(or well, like that), so I am pretty much behaind

too.

Never-the-lest, I know who is the

father of Gerhart!

You are a good fan-fiction writter!

Keep it up! :yes::lol:

Thanks! And how the heck do you know his Father?!  :P

I'm......I'm f*cking blown away.  To say that I'm enjoying this story is an understatement, I LOVE THIS STORY!!  I'm pretty mad at myself for not getting to read it earlier, but gosh..you've created an incredible atmosphere with several likable characters Nick!  I can't wait for more chapters, and I'd like to re-iterate the point that I'm sorry I didn't read it earlier! Great job :P

Sorry to fill this thread with another random post, but this is EXACTLY how I feel about your fan-fic Nick!

O_o Thanks! :D I'm glad you see it that much! :)

Now, since everyone has been so great in supporting, I have a gift! :o Another chapter! :D Enjoy!

Chaper 9, The Build Up

‘My name is General Scales Jr. You killed my father, prepare to die!’ The movie played as the ending was soon too come. Gearhart quickly leaned up from his seat. He looked around, in an almost panicked sense. Nel looked at him with a displeased face. “I can’t believe you feel asleep at this movie!” She said in an angry, quiet tone. Gearhart’s face suddenly dropped. He looked and saw that he was still in the theaters. Fox and Krystal were there, but Fayt and Cliff were there, and he could tell they were never there. “You got to be joking…” He mumbled to himself while looking at Nel. “What time is it exactly?” He asked, hoping that this was a dream. She looked at her watch and responded. “Twenty till three.” She said. Gearhart sighed, now upset that the one time he felt truly happy, and like a caregiver was false. He hid the angry face he so badly wanted to wear and put a smile on. “I’m sorry. I just must have been really tired.” He said while hoping Nel would buy it. She sighed and laughed. “It’s okay. I dragged you hear anyways.” She said as the two turned back to the movie and finished the ending.

The movie finished with a happy ending. The main character, The Dread Pilot Eleanor, had saved the love of his life, killed the one who stole her in the first place, made two more friends, and rode off into the distance with the feeling that after this moment, everything will be okay. Gearhart enjoyed the last part, but hated the non-realistic ending. Psh, endings can’t be that happy. At one point, the law is going to come into it and find them. Nel on the other hand loved the ending and talked to Gearhart about how much she liked it. From the looks of it, Krystal thoroughly enjoyed the ending as well. Fox looked like he enjoyed it, and chose to not over analyze a simple movie. Gearhart and Nel both quickly got up and sneaked out once the movie was over, so the vulpine couple would not be suspicious. The two walked out of the movie theater and started heading to the bookstore. Gearhart was still a little upset about his dream. If only… He thought as Nel sparked up conversation with him.

“So what did you think of it?” Nel started, obviously referring to the movie. Gearhart thought of how best to say it without coming out as a jerk.

“Well, I liked how the main character was strong, but mainly used his charisma to win over countless situations.” He started, getting out the good part first. “But, I also did not to care for the ending. It didn’t seem realistic at all. They are obviously going to run into more conflicts due to what they did in that castle.” Nel looked at him then thought.

“But that is why he had all his friends. That way he could get through the problems together.” She said, trying to change Gearhart’s perspective. He thought about it, and as much as he could argue on the subject, he nodded and agreed with Nel. Her head snapped up as she remembered something. “Oh! Once we get your books, let’s head over back to the Great Fox to drop them off. I want to talk to Krystal a bit more in person. Is that alright?” She asked, feeling a little guilty since she was the one who invited Gearhart to come along. He nodded.

“Yeah, that’s fine. I’ll have stuff to read.” Gearhart did not realize how geeky it sounded, but Nel smiled at it.

“Alright! Thanks.” Nel seemed very relived once she said that. He took note of it, but did not bring it up.

“Well, here it is!” He said while they got to the store. “Let’s go.” He added as they walked in.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

“Okay, does everyone understand the plan?” Mel asked the group of five people. At her side was Liam. The total head count was seven members. Claudia, a female eagle, is sniper expert who works at a fabric store. Mortimer, a male black furred fox, is a demolitions expert that is currently out of work. Susan, a female cheetah, is a telepath who is a scout and works as a waiter. Flare, a female red scaled snake, is an overall great foot soldier and is also unemployed. And Albel, a male light yellow furred fox, is an ace pilot and works for a flying academy, but not the one Gearhart went to. They were all around Mel’s age or a bit younger. The five nodded in agreement. Liam stepped up. “Now, I am going to go over a small quick recap of what has happened, and what needs to get done.” He said while pacing. “Starwolf has made us lose someone very dear to me and Mel, and that is why you are all here. Mel needed you guys, her friends, to help give them payback.” He now faced the five. “Starwolf has planted inside men on Starfox, and plans to make some sort of assault on them in just a measly day or two. We can’t prevent that. But! With their tem just being into battle, this gives us the perfect time to strike. The idea is that Albel will lead us in flight, to help make the safest entry possible. Once inside, Claudia will stay with the ships and pick off anyone who approaches them or comes into the hanger at all. Mortimer will be our way through defense systems. Susan will be our main set of eyes and always keep information flowing in. And Flare, you will accompany Mortimer and Susan. Mel and I have a more personal issue to hash out, so we will be separated from you guys the whole time.” He finished and everyone nodded again.

At this point, Mel took lead again. “Okay. Now I know it has been a while since I have asked you guys to group again, but I thank you all. Get your weapons, we meet in one day, that is when we start!” Everyone smiled except for Liam. I feel confident, but I can’t help feel it won’t end well… He thought as the group went to Mel’s walls and picked out supplies.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Cliff and Fayt were walking out of a ice cream parlor. Fayt had his usual strawberry and vanilla double scoop combo, and Cliff had a single scoop of chocolate. “Hey, Fayt?” Cliff asked while the two were walking down. “How did we end up in that parlor?” The idea had just popped into his mind, and Fayt suddenly realized that he couldn’t remember either. “I… I don’t even know what we were doing after we left the coffee shop!” He said, while Cliff came to that conclusion too. They both looked at the ice cream, then at each other. They both threw their dessert to the ground and continued walking. “I think we need to tell Fox about this right away.” Cliff said in a concerned tone. Fayt thought for a moment. “Yeah, this is too odd to be normal.” Fayt added as the two quickly picked up the pace and started running to the Great Fox.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

As Nel and Gearhart entered the Great Fox, it proceeded as Gearhart’s dream, except after they put the books away, Nel said goodbye and left, rather than stay. This made Gearhart sad, but he shrugged it off, seeing as this was not as bad as things could get. He decided to lay down, seeing as Nel would return when she was finished. He picked up one of his many books and started reading. Let’s see what all these medicines can do. He thought as he opened to the first page of his book.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Fox was doing, yet, more paperwork. He didn’t always enjoy it, but it had to be done. He was at a good pace, and then Fara walked in. Great, more distractions… He thought while looking up at her.

“What do you need, Fara?” He asked, not wanting to hear her flirt with him more. She smiled.

“Well, since Krystal was busy talking with someone, I wanted to help keep you company!” She said happily. Fox sighed.

“Okay.” He said while going back to his work.

“So,” She started. “How would you respond, if I told you Krystal was cheating on you?” She said, waiting for his response. Fox’s head lifted up. “What?! Fara, do not joke about that sorta thing!” He snapped. Fara hid a smirk.

“Fox, you should know though. That Panther from Starwolf, he is the one.” She said. Fox stopped all of his work and stood.

“Fara! What has gotten into you! Krystal would never do that!” He yelled, hoping that Fara was just playing a very bad prank. She shook her head. Fox felt a weird sensation, the feeling that he couldn’t move. Fara leaned in close.

“Why would I lie to you?” She said while closing her eyes and leaning in. Fox knew what she was about to do, he tried moving and getting out of the but something was almost keeping him in place. Suddenly, Fara pulled back and rubbed her head. She looked at Fox, then got up and ran out of the room. Fox was then able to move, and was more angry than confused. But he wanted answers.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Nel and Krystal were in the dining hall, not to eat, but to chat as Nel wanted to do. “So, what was it that you wanted to talk about Krystal? You told me mentally, and I feel bad for leaving Richard all alone.” She asked. Krystal looked a little excited yet, a little worried at the same time. “Okay, so,” She started, her voice a little shaky. “Me and Fox have been doing really well. And I know it has only been a year, but it just feels so right.” She said. Nel smiled, but was a bit confused. “That’s nice, and I’m happy for you, but what are you trying to say?” Krystal had a glimmer in her eye. “I want him to propose to me!” Nel’s eyes widened and mouth dropped a bit. “Krystal, do you think you two are ready for it though?” She asked in happiness and awe. Krystal responded. “Well, that’s the thing. I am, but I am not sure if he is.” Nel now looked a bit more confused. “You’re a Telepath. Can’t you search his mind or something?” Krystal looked down. “I did, and something in there is giving me very mixed vibe, as if something that wasn’t himself was in there.” The two paused in thought. Then, as Nel was about to speak, Krystal’s eyes grew instantaneously angry as she shouted. “WHAT?!” Nel jumped back a bit in fear of what she might do next. Krystal grew furious and stormed out. Nel, unsure of what exactly was going on, decided to follow Krystal, and see what was bothering her so much.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

About ten minutes pass, and Gearhart is in the dining hall looking for food in the main fridge. “What to eat, what to eat…” He murmured to himself. “Maybe some of this!” He grabbed a bowl of a weird green gelatin. On sight it didn’t look to appetizing, but it smelled delicious to Gearhart. He grabbed a spoon, sat down, and started eating. He could hear Falco walking near the hall, but he ignored it. Falco soon after walked in and sat across from Gearhart. It caused him confusion, but still he ignored Falco.

“So, how you doing Richard?” Falco said in a rather calm tone. Gearhart finished chewing and cleared his mouth.

“I’m doing fine, thank you..” He responded while going for another bite. Falco started taking out a news paper and started looking to and from Gearhart and the paper.

“So, Mr., oh what was it. Ah, right. Mr. Flying Failure.” Gearhart’s eyes darted up at Falco when he said it.

“Wha… What do you mean?” Gearhart falsely questioned. Falco laughed.

“I knew it. Your-” He was cut off from the intercom. Slippy was on the other end of it.

“Falco! I need you down here right now!” The worried frog stated. Falco grumbled as he stood up.

“I know you’re not ‘Richard’ as you say you are.” He finished as he walked out of the room. Gearhart, almost being fully discovered, did not have any more of an appetite for food.

That was way too close. He thought while putting the food away. Gearhart was unsure now of what to do. If he told who he was, they would certainly kick him out. But, if Falco told them, things could get even worse. He didn’t like this feeling. He finally got used to having, to some extent, ‘friends’. Although the feeling was nice, it was odd for him to not have everyone judge him. "Maybe I should just go."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Now all sweaty and exhausted, Fayt and Cliff finally reached the Great Fox. Fayt turned to Cliff. “Okay, now we just need to get to Fox.” The two nodded and walked in. Once in, they resumed a jog so they could reach him as fast as they could. But once getting to the room, it said it was busy and Nel was waiting outside the door. She turned to see the two like this, and she jumped a bit in shock.

“Oh my gosh! Are you two okay? You said you were going to the trick shop? What happened?!” She said in a concerning tone.

“That’s the thing. Me and Cliff don’t remember anything that happened after we left you and Gearhart alone.” Fayt responded; sounding very panicked. Then it came to his mind that Nel must have wanted something too if she was waiting outside. “What are you waiting for?”

“I’m waiting for Krystal. She has been talking to Fox for about twenty minutes now. I’m getting a bit worried.” Fayt and Cliff looked at each other as Nel kept looking at the door, and then they broke the stare.

“Is Krystal allowing thoughts to enter?” Cliff asked in a calm, questioning tone. Nel looked at them.

“Well, for the first couple minutes. But they were arguing very loudly then, and now it’s quiet.” Nel was unsure of what was going on, then Fayt put his arm around her shoulder and looked at her.

“Well, you see. When a mommy fox and a-” Fayt started as he got interrupted from a gut punch from Cliff.

“What he means to say is, Krystal should be fine. Just give her some time and she will come out.” Cliff said while giving Fayt a bad look. “In the mean time, why don’t we go eat!” He said, trying to loosen up the small amount of tension. Fayt was out of breath, and saying noting.

“Sure, let me go get Richard first though, he must be hungry too.” Nel said calmly while jogging through the halls. Fayt returned the look to Cliff. “I was just explaining a magical process.” Fayt said while coughing; he was really not prepared for that punch. Cliff laughed.

“That is the last thing she needs to hear, Fayt. Let Krystal tell her if she wants.” He said while the two started walking down the hall.

They were on the way to the dining hall, and Fara passed by them. “Hi Fara.” The two said as she walked by them. It was only two or three seconds after when Fayt’s head picked up, and turned toward Fara. “You!” He shouted as he looked at her. Fara turned and looked at the two. Cliff was unsure of what was happening. “Yes?” Fara said, as she was very confused. Fayt stopped for a second, then responded. “I’m sorry, I don’t know what got into me. My bad, Fara.” He said as the two continued their way to the dining hall. Fayt, what was that about? Cliff thought to him. Fayt shrugged. I am not sure, but get to close with her. Something is fishy. He thought back. The two made it to the dining hall before Nel, so they sat and waited for the two.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Gearhart laid in his bed and was reading his books. He found all of it rather interesting. The books had no pictures, except for a chart or two in the beginning, and had text so small that most would need a magnifying glass just to read it. He flipped through pages skimming some areas, and fully reading others. The wolf’s voice popped into his mind all of a sudden, causing Gearhart to jump a little. ‘Right now, your senses are being blocked by my barrier that is protecting you from people like Krystal and Fayt.’ The voice started. Gearhart was confused. ‘What the? What  do you mean? Is that why I haven’t gotten my mind read yet?’ The voice took a second to respond. ‘Yes, but more importantly, if you want any chance of living through the next few days, I will need to drop the barrier permanently.’ Gearhart was still unsure about any of this, but since no one has tried to read his mind lately, he thought it would be okay. ‘Alright. Go for it’. Gearhart thought as the voice disappeared. He noticed no real changes, until a minute later. He somehow felt a presence on the other side of his door, and he didn’t have to pay attention to it. He couldn’t tell who it was, but he looked at the door and instantly knew it was Nel. He was shocked at how great his senses actually were. Soon after, he heard Nel knock on the door. Gearhart smiled and got up. He answered the door and saw her.

“Hi, Nel! You all-” Gearhart started and stopped as he heard in the far distance a scream that was filled of pain and fear. Nel seemed unfazed, but he assumed it was because she couldn’t hear it. “Nel did you hear that?” Nel looked confused at this comment.

“What are you talking about, Richard?” She questioned.

“It’s…” He was trying to analyze the voice from that far. It was difficult, but he got it. “Falco!” He said quietly as he ran off. Nel followed him, knowing that he was usually right. Soon after they started running, Gearhart could hear another scream of pain. I’m coming, just hold on…

---

The major stuff is comming up next. Things are going to get pretty serious, don't expect everything to always be happy or just a little bit carefree. (Also, yes it is shorter than others, but I know the next will be longer  :wink:)

NOOO!! NOT A CLIFFHANGER!! :lol:,  Great job Nick!

Thanks! And how the heck do you know his Father?!  :P

Because you once hinted it

accidentally in a PM you sent me

I guessed right? :lol:

Good work so far. :yes:

NOOO!! NOT A CLIFFHANGER!! :lol:,  Great job Nick!

Yes, a cliffhanger! Lol, There shouldn't be very many of those left.  :wink:

Because you once hinted it

accidentally in a PM you sent me

I guessed right? :lol:

Good work so far. :yes:

Thanks! It is given away by the fanfic of who it is already though. :P

This is a good, lengthy story, you really seem to be enjoying yourself writing this. It's very engrossing (and I'm all for the lengthy chapters, by the way!)

This is a good, lengthy story, you really seem to be enjoying yourself writing this. It's very engrossing (and I'm all for the lengthy chapters, by the way!)

Thanks! :) I am enjoying writing it and glad you like it. I would like to apologize to everyone for not getting this chapter worked on and finished. But now, as most of you know now, I have a lot more free time, and hope to get chapters up sooner! :) Without further adieu, here is #10

Chapter 10, Forsaken Memories

Gearhart, his heart racing, mind pounding, and left arm a bit sore, ran down the halls. Making turn after turn as if it were clockwork. Nel was having trouble keeping up. The speed wasn’t the issue, it was the unsuspecting turns and shifts Gearhart was making were just all over the place. To her, his mastery movement looked like a bunch of lucky strides in the right direction. The two were panting as Gearhart finally stopped at a door. It was labeled, ‘Engineering Room’. Gearhart, noticing Nel, but not giving her any attention, stepped back and knocked the door down with a good swift kick. Nel was astounded at the strength he possessed, but knew it was not the time to think about it. The two rushed into the room, finding a familiar blue bird face down in a pool of blood emanating from the now green infected puncture wound in his back. Whatever it was, it traveled from the front of his chest and pierced his back. And the second major wound on the back of his head. It was orange colored, and was not spurting blood, but a stream was flowing from it at a fast rate. Gearhart remained calm, while Nel looked in fear at the gruesome way Falco was hurt. Gearhart rushed to Falco, bending his knee in the puddle of blood. He placed his fingers on Falco’s blood covered neck. He could not feel it normally, but Gearhart could hear Falco’s heart beating. He quickly threw off his shirt, and started ripping it in long pieces. Nel looked away from Gearhart’s shirtless body, and started blushing. She knew this wasn’t the time, but it was the first time she had seen him like this. “Richard, what can I do?” She asked, still averting her eyes from both Gearhart’s body, and Falco’s bloody pool. He was silent for a moment as he started patching up Falco, tying pieces of the shirt to cover the wounds Falco had obtained. He then spoke up, realizing that Falco’s entire chest was bleeding entirely. He quickly covered the last wound, and carefully picked up Falco, hoping his back or neck wasn’t broken. “We need to get him to the infirmary, now! Get Krystal, I can stall what is happening, but I have no idea of how to stop it for a long time!” He said hurriedly, while rushing past Nel, and heading to the infirmary with great accuracy and speed. Nel was now scared. She had never seen Gearhart like this. It was almost as if he had no expression to him, just a lifeless being. Nonetheless, she hurried down the halls, making turn after turn, trying to get to the elevator. She quickly approached it, and entered it. “Hang on, I’ll get Krystal for you, Falco.” She said under her panting breath. Sweat now dripping from her forehead; she pressed the button on the inside of the elevator. All she could do now was wait and hope she could get to Krystal in time.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Gearhart was able to get Falco to the lower level’s infirmary. He quickly and gently laid Falco on the table, and then went to the medical cabinets. He grabbed many vials, each with a different colored liquid. He set them on a medical tray, then grabbed a towel, some alcohol, and a container that held the liquid pain killers that were only used for in an emergency. Gearhart didn’t have enough time to wash his hands properly, so he doused his hands in the alcohol, hoping it would be enough. He quickly put on gloves as he brought the tray over, and rushed over to Falco. He set the tray down on the cold table, and ripped off Falco’s upper clothing. He looked at the piercing wound on Falco’s chest. He saw it, but his eyes were now able to look deeper into him as he focused. He saw that the green infection was spreading with his blood movement. After seeing this, Gearhart quickly took his two fingers and swiftly jabbed at Falco’s heart area. It made his blood rate almost stop very quickly. That is just what he was going for. Gearhart grabbed at a couple of vials, and quickly started injecting him with random amounts of each of the fluids. They were all taking affect just as he needed. Gearhart then turned his attention to the head. He quickly grabbed at the pain killers, and injected some into the skin area around Falco’s skull. He sighed, and looked at the scalpel on the table next to him. He knew he had to cut the skin off the bird’s head, not all of it, but a good amount of the top if there was going to be anyway of him surviving. He nervously grabbed it and then dashed to the back of Falco’s head. He started the cutting. The blood that came out and spurted onto Gearhart’s bare chest was minimal due to painkillers, and heart strike he gave him. A few incisions in, and He was doing fine. He took another look at Falco’s chest and noticed the strike wasn’t affecting him a lot for some reason, and the normal blood flow would return soon. Gearhart swore under his breath and made the cuts faster. After it was all done a few moments later, he started to quickly cover the wound as the orange part of the infection was finally gone. It seemed good for the most part, until the blood flow came back and started becoming an issue again. He didn’t know what to do. He had read the material, and was doing great at applying what he knew for the very first time, but he froze as his mind blanked. He wasn’t sure of how to stop the issue. All he could do was cover the bleeding area and hope Krystal was on her way.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Nel was rushing through the halls, and finally got to Fox’s office. She ran up and pounded on the door. “Krystal, Fox! Falco got majorly hurt and Richard is fixing him up, but he said that it is so serious that he can’t stop it for too long!” She pleaded, hoping in desperation that they were in the room. A small crash could be heard in the room. “What?!” The two vulpine exclaimed in pure shock. Seconds later, Fox quickly opened the door. He was wearing his inner shirt but it was backwards, and his pants were wrinkled, and his fur looked a little rustled. Nel looked in complete confusion, and wonder. Krystal soon came running out, her blue hair let down and free, and she was wearing one of Fox’s T-Shirts. Nel was not sure what the heck was going on, but she put that aside, and ran alongside Krystal. Soon, Fox caught up, and his shirt was fixed. “Nel, what did Richard say was wrong with him?” Krystal questioned, trying to get as much information in before they got to the lower infirmary. “He said that his whole chest was bleeding internally, and it looked like something went all the way through his chest, but it also had a green like infection with it. And his head was hurt bad, and had an orange like infection.” She stated. Krystal thought as the trio hastened down the halls. “I’m going to call for an emergency role call right now, and make sure everyone else is here and safe!” Fox said while making a sharp turn, then dashing to the main deck. The vixen’s finally got to the elevator. It was opened, and the two dashed in and pressed the button. The metallic doors shut on them as the elevator went down. Since they had now a small minute, Nel wanted a question answered. “So, what were you and Fox doing in there? Were you guys arguing?” She asked, knowing now was not a good time, but she just had to know. Once hearing the questioned, Krystal shoved her hands in her pocket and turned to face Nel. “Yeah, just a small argument, but now is not the time!” She replied. Nel was still not satisfied, but knew that she had to deal with it for now. The doors opened up moments later, and the two continued their dash to help Falco.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Gearhart was standing there, still holding the cloth to try and prevent as much blood loss as possible. Mentally, he was panicked, but on the outside, it showed a normal expression, showing no sign of fear, or any other emotion. Krystal and Nel came running in only moments later. As he saw the two run in, he quickly stepped aside. Gearhart started by telling Krystal everything he did, and approximately when he did them while she worked. She took out many tools and supplies that Gearhart had not known about. He wondered how much Krystal knew about the medical field, but now was not the time to ask. He stepped back next to Nel as Krystal worked; all the two could do now was hope that Krystal could fix him.

Nel was scared; it didn’t take Gearhart’s great senses to see that. She came closer to him and wrapped her arms around his right arm, trying to seek some type of comfort. He smiled; he enjoyed Nel holding onto him, it made him feel happy. Although a bit weird at the same time seeing as his shirt was off and she could see his ripped muscles he hated showing off, and all the blood that spurted onto it. The two stood and watched, as Krystal moved rapidly, performing the actions of a whole medical team by herself.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Fayt and Cliff, still sitting in the Dining Hall were waiting for Nel and Gearhart to come back. The two were laughing about some crazy event that happened on the television. It was a good five minutes more till Fayt started worrying.

“Hey, Cliff!” He started; finally getting a bit serious. “What do you think could be taking Nel so long?”

“Well…” Cliff put his hand to his chin, thinking of possibilities. “She could have gotten hurt, like tripped or something.” He said, just throwing ideas out there. Fayt too put his hand to his chin and thought.

“Maybe it has something to do with Fara?” Fayt stated, still a bit uneasy about her. Cliff chuckled at his statement.

“I know that you think her as a threat and whatever, but seriously? Fara has nothing compared to Nel with combat skill.” He said; it reminded the time Cliff accidently ran into Nel, and he tried to stop using his hands, but accidently felt Nel’s breast. And all the pain and broken bones that followed it.

“I know that. I just can’t shake this feeling she knows something we don’t.”

“Uh, Fayt? She’s a girl. They know a LOT of things we don’t know, and might never know.” He said while laughing at his statement. Usually Fayt would too at this, but the serious expression stayed. He was truly unsure of this to the point where he could not even laugh at a simple joke. He simply stared at the table, questioning the events that had happened in the previous day. He could only remember so much of it though, and then it blanked. His memories the resumed at the point of where they got the ice cream. Every time he tried to remember, his head hurt, as if a force was blocking it.

“Cliff, can you remember what happened yet?” Fayt asked; it was obvious he was getting truly worried about it. Cliff too tried to remember, and yet the same affect happened to him.

“No, sorry. My mind just blanks right till-” He was cut off by Fox’s voice on the intercom, and he sounded upset.

“Starfox! Emergency roll call, now!” Fox demanded. The two looked at each other.

“I knew something was up!” Fayt said as he quickly jumped up and dashed through the door. Cliff got up just as fast and also started running. The two now knew something was truly wrong, and Fayt’s telepathy was also giving him a bad sign. “What could possibly be wrong this time?” He muttered to himself as the two continued the run.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The monitor on the screen popped up in the infirmary. It showed Falco’s heart pace, blood flow rate, mental wave patterns, and muscle movement throughout the body. The heart pace was a little thrown off still from Gearhart’s strike, but was still at a better place. The blood flow was still much faster than normal, but with the way things were looking, the rate would go back to normal soon enough. As for his mental and physical movement, Falco was looking a bit down. His lower body for some reason was not showing any sign of movement. For Nel, this meant he was just hit the wrong way, and will hopefully get better. To Krystal and Gearhart, this meant he was never going to walk normally again. His mind on the other hand was alsonincapacitated. With the results from the screen, he was in a coma, with little sign of coming out at this point. Krystal shed a tear; it was obvious she was quite upset. Nel on the other hand was crying into Gearhart’s arm. She was afraid, and sad at the same time. Gearhart stood there. He was very upset, but his face kept the same serious stricken look. Krystal wiped her tear and turned to Gearhart. She stared at his bare chest for a bit. Gearhart rolled his eyes. “Krystal? My face is up here.” He said, while motioning to his face. Krystal looked up. “Yes, I am sorry. I just didn’t think you had so much muscle.” She said in some astonishment. Gearhart sighed at this. Isn’t she supposed to be with Fox? He thought, and instantly after Krystal gave him a bad look. “I am with Fox! It’s just he doesn’t have your build.” She retorted. Then the two were silent, and in confusion. “Did… Did you just read my mind?” He said, not realizing that it truly was possible. “I… I think so…” Krystal exclaimed. The two were so confused it drew their attention from the gore that fell upon Falco. Nel wiped her tears on Gearhart’s arm. He knew she was sad, but couldn’t help but let his tail wag a small amount. Krystal smirked at this, and Gearhart didn’t like it. As She was about to speak, Fox came on again in the intercom. “Krystal, Richard, Nel… I need you to come up here for an emergency briefing.” He said in a very cold tone. None of the three could expect what was to come next, but knew that it wasn’t good. They instantly all got up and started running to the command deck.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Liam was walking around a park, trying to clear his thoughts. It was raining furiously, and constant cracks of lightning were coming from areas. It didn’t matter to him though. He had his sweatshirt on, and held his head down. He walked until he approached a big tanbark bin. In there was a pair of swing sets, a jungle gym, and many other childish accessories. He sat down on the coarse cement lining, and stared at the swing set. It brought the memory back of when he met Gearhart for the first time.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Gearhart was sitting on the swing set, swinging alone. At this point, he was only seven years old, as well as Liam. He seemed content. Not necessarily happy, but also not sad. His mother sat on the bench from afar, smoking her cigarettes, and trying to imagine herself somewhere else. It wasn’t before too long three kids came over and walked over to where Gearhart was. They were obviously the bullies of the play ground by the way they acted. “Hey, Freak! Get down here!” The chubby one in the middle of the three yelled. Gearhart sighed, and stopped swinging. He got off and went to the three. “What do you guys want now?” He asked, showing this wasn’t the first time he had a run in with these children. “You know the deal, Freak. Give us your money, or we’ll pound you.” The excessively skinny one to the right stated. The one standing to the left was no one other than Liam. “Yeah, Freak! Give us what you got and we won’t hurt you!” Liam said, while laughing. At this point, Liam and Gearhart were not friends. He had actually never met Gearhart in his life before this day. This was Liam’s first day with the bullies. Gearhart shook his head. “I don’t have anything though.” He said while emptying his pockets. The chubby pig and the skinny ape laughed at him, while Liam kept silent. “Well, looks like you’re in for a beating then!” The pig said while stepping closer. The ape followed the pigs lead. Gearhart closed his eyes and put up his guard; expecting a lot of pain. Liam quickly jumped into the middle of the Gearhart and the other two. “You said we wouldn’t actually hurt him! You promised!” Liam said, staring down the pig. “I lied. Sue me!” He exclaimed while taking a shot at Liam. He easily dodged and punched the pig in the head with great speed and force that it knocked him out. The ape stood in some fear, and instantly ran away. Liam patted off his hands, and then turned to Gearhart. “I’m sorry I picked on you. It was mean of me.” Liam started, then put his hand out. “My name is Liam Archon!” Gearhart was unsure of what to do, so he shook. “Thanks for at least standing up for me. I’m Gearhart.” He said. That was the day Gearhart had made his very first, out of very little, friends.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Liam started tearing heavily; the river of salt water flowing down his fur, all the way down into the barricade that was his shirt. He wiped his eyes, but still couldn’t stop tearing from the loss of his closest friend. A familiar figure walked up behind him, and sat down next to him. It was Mel. She had a cigarette out and lit, inhaling the fumes, and allowing it to calm herself. It made her feel more at peace. She looked down to see her only son’s friend crying. She rubbed Liam’s back, as she knew the pain he was going through. She looked down at him. “You know, you were his only friend. Or true friend at least.” She said, trying to comfort Liam. He wiped the tears from his face one last time before speaking. “I… I can’t handle this. I need to kill that damn Star Wolf team for what they did to him! I was there! I couldn’t stop it. They have to pay for this!” He said, the crying only affecting his voice a tiny bit. Mel rubbed his back. “I know. No matter what. I can’t say what will become of us, but he will be avenged.” She said. After sitting there for ten minutes, the two got up, and walked back to Mel’s house to get ready to leave for the mission.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

In the Conference Room of the Great Fox, Fox was standing at head. He looked down upon the members that currently were there. Fayt and Cliff were standing at attention. They both knew now was not a time to be joking, or messing around. Krystal stood next to Nel. She had her arm wrapped around her gently, as to comfort her through this horrible mess. And finally Gearhart, who now had one of Fox’s shirt’s on, which was astoundingly tight on him, who was standing also at attention. Fox remained silent as he waited. Then, a key clue in Gearhart’s mind pieced together. He couldn’t prove it off hand, but knew it was true. “Fox! I have an idea about this.” He said. Fox shook his head. “We are waiting till Fara and Slippy show up.” He said. Gearhart wiped his face. “But you don’t get it!” He exclaimed. Fox was astonished that at this point in time Gearhart would disobey him. “Richard, you must have a good reason for it to not wait.” Fox said, starting to wonder what was going on in Gearhart’s mind. He took a deep breath, then looked at Fox in the eyes. “I believe…” He started, not sure how he wanted to say it. “I believe Fara and Slippy have gone rogue!”

---

Hope you enjoy it, and I also hope to get more chapters out quicker.  :wink:

GONE ROUGE!!?!?!?!?! *HEAD IMPLODES*.  Another amazing chapter, with some great scenarios thrown in there!  Haha, having an argument :D

Brilliant! Nicely done, Nick! Very good job! I guessed Fara had turned rogue but Slippy too?! Lol, just have to wait to see what you'll have next  :P

Only on Chapter 7 so far, but the story is great. Now I want to know what this stupid fortune is about now  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GONE ROUGE!!?!?!?!?! *HEAD IMPLODES*.  Another amazing chapter, with some great scenarios thrown in there!  Haha, having an argument :D

Heh, Thanks, Crazy. Out of the Fanfics I have read so far, not may have done it, so I had that idea since I started writing. A lot has been done in the other Fics, it's hard to keep most of it original..... Well, not for me.  :wink:

Brilliant! Nicely done, Nick! Very good job! I guessed Fara had turned rogue but Slippy too?! Lol, just have to wait to see what you'll have next  :P

You sure will, Blackjack. Sure, one was expected, but two?!  :lol: More on the Slippy part will be explained later.

Only on Chapter 7 so far, but the story is great. Now I want to know what this stupid fortune is about now  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to see another reader. :) And yeah, you will see soon enough once you read it, and sorry if anything got spoiled for you posting this.  :oops: It was only three chapters, so not too much stuff.

Also, I expect about a good 5-7 more chapters out of this story, so yes people, the ending is coming near. :)

Well, I'm finally caught up, and although I have no history or background regarding anything Starfox, the story in and of itself is great.

Well, I'm finally caught up, and although I have no history or background regarding anything Starfox, the story in and of itself is great.

That's alright. If you know who the main characters are, and have played one of the games, you should know enough. :wink:

And alright people, another chapter, just for you guys. :) Enjoy.

Chapter 11, My Name...

Fox stood shocked at what Gearhart had just said. Not only him though, Krystal, Nel, and Cliff all looked surprised as well. Fayt was not looking surprised or in awe, he just kept looking down; It was obvious he was thinking of something, but was lost in his thoughts. The room was deafened by silence for the next few moments. Fox soon re-gained control of himself, he didn’t want to believe it, but he needed to know what Gearhart’s thought process was. “Okay. That is a very serious accusation, I need proof before we act on this.” Fox said, a tear going down  him. He had a deep feeling he knew that this was no game, that Slippy, his best friend, tried killing Falco. And Fara, his first crush and love, had turned. It all hurt deeply. The edge of a knife across his heart could be felt. Slowly gliding through his veins, keeping him alive, and allowing him to feel the pain of this outcome. Gearhart could see Fox’s emotions. It made him not want to continue, but he knew now if he left the topic, that Fox would be madder, and the other members would be in danger. “Alright.” Gearhart finally started, taking a deep breath, still thinking of how to word everything the best way possible. “First, Falco was called to Slippy. He would have been the last with him making Slippy an obvious subject.” Fox already knew this, and was growing a bit angered. “Please continue. I know you well enough to have more than that.” He said while staring at Gearhart, now ready to hear the harsh truth and proof. Gearhart sighed and stepped forward. “The wound on his chest was un-ordinary. The compounds of it were strange. But, the wound that delivered it was from an attack with an electrified tool or weapon. That would be the only thing that could have made the wound so badly infected at first. And Slippy was the one with all of that gear.” He said, hoping his explanation would be enough. Fox’s expression stayed the same. Gearhart knew he had to continue. “Second. His head. Falco’s head was brutally attacked from behind, and it had to have come from someone behind from the way he fell. It had to be the final blow. But more importantly…” Gearhart stopped as he pulled from his pocket a small bag with fur that was laced in blood. “If you do DNA scans on this, it will show that it’s Fara’s fur in Falco’s blood.” He didn’t know this for sure, but with the color, and the familiar scent, he took the educated guess in saying it had to be her. Seeing possible proof against it, Fox’s eyes opened wider in disbelief, although he now knew it was the truth. “Okay. This is serious. Everyone come and sit. We need to discuss and plan now.” Fox stated, holding back the few tears that wanted to come out. He had no idea why the two turned on the team and betrayed him. He wanted to chase them, but knew that would be the wrong and rash decision. He had already lost Falco for now; he did not want to lose another.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Mel was back in her house. Liam and the others were in the main room, trying to relax and find ways to spare the time before the assault began. Her feet were sore as well as her back and neck. She normally wouldn’t be moving with this feeling, but she couldn’t stop. If she gave up and rested now, her son’s death would be in vein. The revenge steaming inside her drove for miles, and had plenty more time and energy to spare. She was in her room, rummaging through items from her past. Opening slots, drawers and cases; she just needed something to do. She went and sat at her little desk. She opened the lever drawer and pulled out a photo and a ring. The photo was of Wolf and Mel on their wedding day. The happiness shown on their face knew no bounds. The ring was the sign of their once happy marriage. She sighed as she closed the compartment and set the two items on the desk. “Why did it turn out like this? This is never what we wanted…” She said to herself, now tearing at the sight of the photo and ring. It brought back all the magical times of her and Wolf. Of how they used to cuddle and spend time. And how it all started turning sour. She stuck the photo in her vest pocket and the ring in there too. She didn’t know why she brought it with her on the mission, but had an inner that it would be important.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Claudia was polishing the scope and neck of her sniper rifle. She liked to hum when she worked; it was a nice way for her, and others who were listening, to calm down. Out of the rest, she was the most observant and caring. Albel was out in the rain in a vacant lot. Not only did he love the rain, but he needed to get to work on his ship before the mission. He made sure that every bit of it was up to date and looking good so that they could have a smoother trip. The other three, Mortimer, Susan, and Flare, were watching a television program about the media and Pop Culture. On many occasions they laughed at the random and ridiculous decisions the famous people made and chatted about what they would do with that amount of money. Liam was in the backyard sitting on the front porch. He was getting soaked, but wasn’t worried about it. After all the mistakes he felt he made, he thought the rough rain against his fur was the best treatment he deserved. Claudia saw him out there. She was worried about his mental health along with the cold he was going to get, so she got up from her perched position and walked out to the back door to see him. Liam turned back and saw the bird.

“Oh! It’s you.” He said in a little bit of surprise, not expecting Claudia to come out and see him. The eagle smiled at him and came over to sit next to him. She sat down and opened up an umbrella that was able to cover the two of them, and then did so.

“Something on your mind, Liam?” She asked, knowing something was, and only wanted to help him. She hated seeing someone so sad like this.

“Just recent events. Gearhart was my best friend. I couldn’t save him.” He said, a tear or two falling down as he did. Claudia took a handkerchief from her vest and wiped them then smiled.

“Don’t worry. He is in a better place now.” She said while holding a comfortable tone. Liam scoffed at this.

“What do you mean ‘A better place’? He’s dead!” Liam shouted while more tears coming down as he now constantly wiped his eyes. The eagle sighed and looked toward the sky.

“From what I hear, Gearhart didn’t have many friends, and was constantly picked on, yes?” She asked, done holding the smile but now reverting to a more neutral expression Liam took a breath so he could speak clearly.

“Yeah… Not many people picked on him when I was with him, but they did when I wasn’t.” More tears came down as it reminded him. Claudia rubbed the young vulpine’s back.

“Well, now he is in a place where no one can hurt him.” Liam looked up at her. She looked down and wiped his face off once more. “It’s a very pleasant place. No worries, no pain, and no sorrow.”

“But why did he have to go now? Why when I am still here? He was my best friend too!” He said, now crying. The eagle embraced him with her free arm, allowing him the cry into her. She rubbed the side of his arm in comfort.

“I know. This feeling is normal. But right now we can’t be selfish. We need to accept that he has moved on so we can stop this feeling of regret.” She looked down at him. His tears were getting on her shirt, but she didn’t care. She was used to this. Liam stopped crying after a bit, but still had tears come down.

“Well… Why can’t I just kill myself and be up there with him? I like the sound of no pain or sorrow.” Liam wiped his eyes. His mind was thrown off so much he was thinking irrationally, but it was normal to have those thoughts looking at his situation. Claudia looked at him in the eyes, a smile on her face.

“Liam, I know you think it would solve your problems, but it’s not an answer.” She returned her gaze back to the clouds. “Do not be jealous of the dead. They will never be able to have what you and me have, and one day, we will both turn like them. And plus,” She added while drying a tear of her own, “Wouldn’t you want to die for a cause, rather than do yourself in?” Liam looked at her, then up to the sky too.

”I guess you’re right. Thanks, Claudia.” Liam thanked while hugging her, the tears starting to stop flowing.

”It’s no problem. Now let’s get back in.” She offered with a smile on her face. She stood and offered Liam a hand in help getting up.

“Okay.” He replied while accepting the help up. The two went back inside. Liam made sure to find a pair of extra clothes seeing as his were wet from the rain, and Claudia went back to polishing her sniper rifle, humming as she worked.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

“Okay, team. That’s the plan for now. We take this time, improve our defenses, and stay in the Great Fox for the remainder of the weekend.” Fox stated as he stood up. The last members of the team were there. Not even Fayt or Cliff were in a joking mood. The air around everyone was tense and palpable. After a moment, Fayt and Cliff got up and left the room. It was their job to set up perimeters and make sure the security systems were good. Cliff didn’t need another person to check the systems, but Fox wasn’t about to leave him alone, even with Fara and Slippy out of the ship; he had to be safe. Nel and Gearhart were assigned to guard Falco for the time being. The two got up themselves and started heading for the medical bay. Krystal got up and walked over to Fox. The two of them were to stay in there, ready for any news, updates, or knowledge on Fara and Slippy. He enjoyed Krystal being there with him, but now was not the time to get romantic. The whole team was on high alert, unknowing of what the situation at hand truly was.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Fayt and Cliff were making the stops at every part of the Great Fox. Usually, if Clif was sent on security updates, he would just skim through them, but now that they were getting attacked by their own members, he made sure to check every bit of it. Fayt the whole time was on look out. He was worried inside, but didn’t show it. “Hey, Cliff. How many more of these do we have left?” Fayt asked while still keeping guard. Cliff shrugged, although Fayt couldn’t see it. “All I know is that we have only checked three of the systems and this place is huge. We still got plenty more.” Fayt sighed after hearing this information. He decided to walk a bit into the  halls to keep the guard. He looked in all directions, making sure no one was coming up on them. Fayt wasn’t the best at this. He was much better suited to be the one sneaking up on the enemy, but he didn’t want Cliff to get hurt, or at least by anyone other than him. He was about to walk back in when he saw something strange on the ground to his right. He took the few steps and bent down. On the floor was some fur. He cautiously picked it up, looking everywhere as he did. The fur was rather soft and nice. “Can’t be Fara’s.” He mumbled to himself. He didn’t know who it belonged too, but it still worried him. He went and rushed back into the room. “Cliff! Look!” He exclaimed while holding up the fur. Cliff didn’t like the constant interruptions, but he threw it aside and looked. “Okay, fur…” He said, not fully understanding it. Fayt shook his head. “Yes, but  I found this in the hall. This can’t belong to anyone here.” He responded, now getting more worried. Cliff quickly snatched the fur in disbelief. “No way…” He said to himself as a blast of pain hit his head. He cringed and put his hands to his temple in pain. “Cliff! What’s wr-” Fayt got interrupted by the same pain followed by the same response. Moments later, the two lost the pain simultaneously. Cliff looked down at the fur in his hand. “Bah, just fur.” He said while tossing it in the trash can. Fayt laughed at this. “Yeah. Nothing special at all.”

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Gearhart and Nel sat in the infirmary near Falco’s body. Nel was feeling a lot better and was done crying. She was strong, but just had a moment of weakness. She felt a little embarrassed, but didn’t care about it right now. Gearhart, still shirtless and getting a bit cold, lost his emotionless expression. He didn’t know why it was showing for so long, but it was gone now, and a face with some worry took over. He felt now with the barrier protecting him gone, it was only time till someone like Fayt or Krystal found out. This was worrying him more than the situation at hand. For all the team knew, Fara and Slippy had just tried to make a quick kill and run. They had no reason to believe a lot more than that until more details were to come in. Nel was tossing one of her kukri’s in the air a small distance, then catching it. It calmed her and took her mind off things. Gearhart liked seeing Nel more calm and not sad. It made him happier. But he knew with what he was about to do, all that happiness could go away.

“Hey, Nel?” Gearhart asked, wanting to take the longest route possible with this conversation. Nel turned to look at him as she sheathed her blades.

“Yeah? What’s up?” Gearhart sighed, and decided to continue.

“You know how, when you guys got me, I was with Starwolf?”

“Yes?” She answered, unsure of what Gearhart was getting at with this.

“And you know that since joining I have liked my stay and am loyal, right?”

“Of course. Is that what you’re worried about? Suspicion towards you?”

“Well,” He started, knowing if he wanted at least Nel to trust him, she had to be first. “I lied about my name.” Nel quirked in confusion.

“I don’t think I understand. Why would you lie about your name?”

“Stupid reasons.” He said while remembering the lesson from long ago. Nel simply chuckled.

“Well, what’s your name then? I don’t care you lied about your name.” She said with much comfort in her voice. Gearhart smiled.

“It’s Gearhart.” He stated, the smile dropping soon after. Nel came over and hugged him.

“That’s a great name! Much better than Richard.” She said, trying to comfort him more, although she did like this name a lot more. “So what’s your last name?” At this Gearhart looked over to the side. He knew this was coming, and was worried about for a long time. He really liked Nel a lot, and if he ever wanted anything to happen between the two, he had to at least tell her.

“I am being completely honest when I tell you this, Nel.” He started. Nel nodded and had a smile on. He simply sighed. “My last name… Is O’Donnell.”

---

Sorry about this chapter being a bit shorter than the others, I just felt if I added more it would have felt stretched. *Shrug*

I nearly dropped outta my chair when I read the title, and nearly died when the chapter ended! :D.  You're doing an amazing job Nick, and this story keeps getting richer and richer by the chapter.  I can't wait to see how Nel reacts to Gearhart's last name! :D

I nearly dropped outta my chair when I read the title, and nearly died when the chapter ended! :D.  You're doing an amazing job Nick, and this story keeps getting richer and richer by the chapter.  I can't wait to see how Nel reacts to Gearhart's last name! :D

Thanks! I'm glad to see your enjoying it a lot. And you might just see how she reacts quite soon! :o

Excellent chapter, Nick. On a side note: GODDAMN CLIFFHANGERSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o

Thanks! On a side note: I love cliffhangers.  :wink: lol

You did it again Nick! Brilliantly done, as usual!  :wink:

How dare you wink at me! For that, you don't get to read this next Chapter! :P Lol

Chapter 12, The Good Old Days

The smile that was once on her face dropped to a more neutral expression. Gearhart saw this, and could see a big change in her emotions. He could not tell whether it was a good or bad change, but still he did not like it. Out of fear that he may have just lost a dear friendship and any chance at ever having anything with her, a tear formed and dropped. He might have had more strength, prowess, and confidence, but it did not change the fact that his emotions easily affected him. He felt ashamed, the feeling that he messed everything up again overtook him as he turned his head so he did not have to see Nel’s face.

For a while, the only sound in that room was the heart monitor, constantly making a silent gasp of air as it put life into Falco’s barely living body. Nel soon got up and got a tissue box. She calmly walked over to Gearhart and sat next to him. She took a tissue with one hand, and turned Gearhart’s head with another. She had a heartwarming smile as she took the tissue and wiped away the wetted areas from the tears that came down. Gearhart was very confused, but the sadness soon flew away as Nel placed her arms around him and hugged. He hugged back, not sure of what to do, or what to say. All he knew was with her there, the pain stopped.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Panther and Leon were playing cards back at their base. Panther had a maniacal grin, and Leon was looking rather worried.

“Come on, Leon. Just play them!” Panther said, while grasping his glass of wine. He swirled the liquid that was left in a rather slow and elegant manner before taking a sip. Leon was looking as if he were about to sweat.

“Are you sure we have to bet though?” Leon asked, portraying a fearful expression as his hands trembled a bit. Panther laughed.

“Yes. You know the rules. The loser this time has to dress up like a ballerina and give Wolf a big kiss on the cheek!” Panther chuckled, feeling victory was close at hand. It was rare that he was able to win these bets. Leon was an expert at playing cards, and only ever lost when the cards weren’t on his side. Leon sighed and looked down.

“Well, show your hand. I’ll see how bad I lost.” He said, still keeping his own hand to himself. Panther gasped in shock. He thought Leon might have been pulling his leg, but now he felt victory was his.

“Yes! I did it!” He proclaimed while standing up and throwing his cards onto the table face up. “Full House, baby!” Panther practically shouted while filling his glass with more wine, his tail flickering from side to side as he was very happy.

“Well, guess this is the outcome then.” Leon said while placing his cards face down on the table. He looked up to Panther, his sad face still on. Panther was about to drink from his cup until he saw Leon looking at him. He felt confused.

“…Leon?” He started, now getting a little worried and freaked out. Leon still had the face up. “What’s…? What’s going on?” He asked, now getting a scared. A few moments later, the face slowly turned to a grin, then to a malicious expression as he flipped his cards.

“Royal Flush, you ass!” Leon said with an evil undertone, happy he was able to fool Panther so easily. Panther was sipping his wine as Leon did this. His eyes instantly darted up and mouth dropped all the way open. He lost his grip on the cup and let it fall to the ground. Leon laughed hysterically at his expression.

“NOOOOOOOO!” He shouted while getting back to the table and checking all the cards one-by-one, making sure that Leon didn’t cheat. But, unfortunately for him, Leon played fair and square. Leon now started hitting the table as he laughed.

“Oh quiet, Panther. Even I know you wanted to wear the dress.”

“So what if I did? It’s not like I wanted to kiss Wolf!” He barked back. Leon tilted his face down and looked at Panther. “Leon! I have told you many times, I am NOT gay!” Leon tilted his head a bit more down as Panther said that. Panther threw the cards off the table in anger.

“Calm down. I’m just giving you a hard time.” Leon admitted while taking a drink from his own cup. “Just be sure to take that coupon away from Wolf though. This might make him serious about getting it done.” Panther’s eyes widened a bit more and remembered the threat against his manhood.

“…Agreed.” He said, knowing that Leon was going to make him follow through with the bet. He was reaching for a glass as the two were interrupted from a new person entering the room. “Hey you’re… Why, hello!” He instantly changed emotion as a very attractive blue vixen walked into the room and sat at the table with Leon and Panther.

“Who exactly do you think you are?” Leon asked, not liking the person just entering and sitting at the table with no questions. Panther was feeling the exact opposite right now as he started grooming himself very secretively. The vixen chuckled and looked at Leon.

“Me? Oh, I’m just Lure, and I want you two to do something for me.”

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The air around everyone was deliciously humid. The smell of alcohol and punch, along with the overtone of sweat was in the breeze. Music was around everyone, it was so loud, and every building around it would either be vibrating, or hearing it as well. Most teens were losing what they both once held dear in the ecstasy of excitement and pleasure. The outside of this great building was littered with trash. Plastic cups that were previously drenched in beer. Devices used for protection the males said they would use, but obviously didn’t, were scattered randomly. Males would go tell their friends about their victory in “battle”, and the women would get calls soon from their doctors saying they were going to be a parent.

Mel was with her current boyfriend, Thomas, were on a couch watching everyone being controlled by their inner desires due to the alcohol. Thomas was a heavy drinker, and it was shown by his current actions. Mel was only there because Thomas asked her to come, and was regretting the horrible decision.

“Thomas, can we just leave?” Mel asked him. He could hear, but was at this point very intoxicated so was not sure what he really wanted.

“Why do you wanna’ leave? We are all just having a good time.” Thomas responded while getting closer to Mel. Mel backed up a little.

“I think I’m going to leave now, Tom.” She stated. Mel went for her purse on the table, but he grabbed it first and held it outside arm’s length.

“Well, if you’re going ta’ leave, I’ma gonna take this!” His voice was obviously being slurred from the very badly mispronounced words. Mel got up and tried to get it, but Tom kept moving it out of her reach.

“Tom! Give it back now!” She pleaded him. Tom merely chuckled while moving his arm more.

“Okay, when you put it like that….” He started. Tom then threw the purse to the side of the room and grabbed Mel vigorously. “You’re going to have some fun with me.” Mel tried struggling out, but at this time in her life, she was not as strong and resourceful as she was in the future.

“Ouch! Tom, let go of me!” Mel exclaimed while a few tears fell from her eyes and onto his hands. He pulled her close and laid her on the couch. “I will when I’m done.” He said with a malicious grin. He pinned Mel to the couch and got Mel’s shirt off, and was working at her bra. Mel took her chance and went for a groin shot with her knee.

“Get off me!” She yelled as the knee connected. Tom cringed in pain a bit then punched Mel in the face.

“You don’t ever do that to a man!” He yelled as he started unzipping Mel’s pants. As Mel was crying and trying to call for help, a mysterious figure came to the side of Tom and looked at him.

“Excuse me, but I believe you forgot something.” The man spoke with a deeper toned voice towards Tom. Thomas looked up at him.

“Yeah? What would that be?!” Thomas yelled at the man. He simply chuckled.

“Three of your teeth on the floor.” He said calmly while upper cutting Thomas so hard it flung him off Mel and off the couch. Thomas was out cold for a moment. The figure took this moment to grab Mel’s shirt and handed it to her. He smiled while looking at her in the eyes. “No one should ever treat you like that.” Once Mel heard this, she smiled as she zoned out at how handsome and kind this man was. The man was also stuck in a void at how beautiful the vixen was to him. Thomas finally stirred moments later.

“Your dead, you god damn wolf!” He shouted while getting up and tackling the wolf to the ground. The two men grunted as they were struggling for control. Mel got up and paced back, hoping the wolf would be able to beat her soon to be ex-boyfriend. But Thomas still had one idea before the wolf overthrew him. Whit his free hand he reached to his pocket and pulled out a switch blade. “Take this!” He shouted while slashing the wolf’s left eye with it.

“Is that the best you got?!” He said, showing no pain as the blade cut through his eye, almost splitting it in half, and ripping the skin covering it off as blood ran down his face and onto Thomas. He was now fearful of this man as he tried to struggle out, but it was too late. The wolf pulled his arm back and with full force trusted his fist into Thomas’ neck. After that, Thomas’ whole body went limp, the two were left unknown if he was dead or alive. The wolf got up slowly. He took a napkin from the table next to him, and pressed it against his left eye. Mel rushed over to him.

“Oh my god! I am so sorry! I-” Mel started as she was interrupted as the wolf took his free hand motioned for her to stop with a smile on his face.

“I chose to help. It was my fault for being careless. Someone like you doesn’t deserve that ever.” He said, getting a stack of napkins and used them as he cradled the left side of his face with his hand. Mel scooted closer and hugged him.

“How can I repay you?” She asked, a tear shedding onto him. He hugged back and smiled.

“Well, you could start by telling me your name.” He said, the pain only affecting his voice a tiny bit. She broke the hug and looked at him.

“I’m Melanie, but I prefer Mel.” She said, helping him with the excess blood. The wolf smiled. “What’s yours?”

“Me?” He asked while blushing a tiny bit. “I’m Wolf. Wolf O’Donnell.” He said while looking at her. There was a pause as the two got lost in each others eyes. He soon stood up and offered her his free hand. “Do you mind if I walk you home?”

“I would love that.”

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Mel woke up from her small dream. She sat up and rubbed her head. I remember all of it... I wonder if he does too... She thought while tearing a bit. Once a happy couple, now torn apart, and soon to be after the other's throat. She never wanted it to turn out like this. It's not like I wanted a child in the first place either. She got up and walked back over to her desk and pulled out another drawer. In there were many small appliances and pens with scattered papers. She dug through it for a minute and cam out with finding what she wanted. Mel pulled out what she grabbed and set it on the table. It was a bottle that was meant for holding a prescription pill, but was empty. She sat down and looked at the bottle. If I knew the pills wouldn't have worked, I never would have taken that risk... She thought while setting the bottle down. It was a bottle for birth control pills. She set her muzzle down on the desk and started tearing. She blamed herself for this whole situation and there was nothing more she could do about it. Gearhart was born, and Wolf just wasn't ready or willing to be a father. For whatever reasons  it was, it didn't matter. He left Mel alone with Gearhart, and only supported the two through monthly child support checks. And now, Gearhart was dead. She no longer blamed Wolf for this, as much as she wanted to. Mel blamed herself. She felt stupid for ever trusting Wolf with her son that she had custody over. Not only did she mess up her life once, but now made another great mistake. She was sure this time no mistakes would happen. She knew that this was going to be the end for one of them; It was either going to be him, or her.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Nel and Gearhart still sat there in a hug. He felt so comforted with her next to him. Nel rubbed his back softly, which helped the nice feeling Gearhart already had. He soon broke the hug and looked at her.

"Why aren't you upset at me? I love that you aren't, but..." He stopped there, not sure of really what to say to help explain his point. Nel smiled and rubbed his arm as she responded.

"Don't you think people deserve second chances? You are a great member of this team, and I will gladly back your case up. No matter what your heritage is, it doesn't shape who you are." She said while smiling then hugging him again. "It's how you act, and I for one am glad I met you." Gearhart smiled and was in a bit of shock from what he heard, but was more than happy to hear it.

"Um, Nel?" Gearhart called, wanting to ask her a question, but felt a bit shy. She looked up at him as she broke the hug.

"What is it, Gearhart?" She asked, trying to get used to not calling him Richard.

"Well, I was just wondering..." He started, hiding the blushing sensation well. He started feeling all the butterflies in his stomach as he spoke. "Would-" He was cut off by an in coming message on the intercom....

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Fayt and Cliff sat at the table; Both wore a confused face as they sat in silence for a moment. "Fayt?" Cliff started, getting a bit tired of the silence. Fayt lifted his head and looked at Cliff. "Yes?" He responded while stretching out his legs by standing and walking around. "Why is it WE are the ones forgetting things?" He asked while looking at the pacing Fayt. "I have no..." Fayt paused as he thought for a moment. "What else did we forget about other than the ice cream shop?" He asked, not remembering the event with the fur. Cliff started standing and looked confused. "You know like... Yeah. That is a good point." He said while rubbing his chin in thought. "Well, we must have finished all the machines. We are sitting around, so let's go back." Cliff said while heading towards the door. Fayt nodded and followed him. As the two walked out they heard the intercom message as well...

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Rob! Do scans on the Great Fox! Give a report as to everything that is missing!" Fox ordered while on the main computer searching the data base for information on all things that were happening. Krystal was on the computer to the side of him, checking the security settings and videos. It took her a good bit of time, but she was able to find the exact time that Falco was assaulted. She watched the video in pure shock and horror. She never thought she would see Slippy, a kindhearted young man, and Fara, a women with a big heart, turn on one of their own, even if it was Falco. Krystal did not want to finish the video, but she had to or else they might lose an important piece of info. At the end of it, she noticed something that caught her attention.

"Fox. Come take a look at this." She asked, her eyes still fixated on the screen. He sighed.

"Krystal, just tell me, I am doing scans on the fur and waiting on Rob!" He barked, still focused on his work too.

"Well, My important work just showed that Slippy and Fara wore the Starwolf insignia when they attacked Falco!" She barked back. Fox's ears and tail picked up as he quickly turned and rushed to Krystal's side. She pointed out where the insignia was on their jackets, and Fox's jaw dropped as his tail slanted downward in disappointment.

"...Looks like we know what we are doing now." Fox said while walking back to his computer.

"TRANSFERRING FILES, NOW" Rob spoke out as the computer Fox was at started printing up the report. He sighed in relief.

"They didn't take anything. That's at least one good thing." She muttered under his breath as he hated this whole situation and wished it was all false. Krystal walked over to him and gave him a big hug. He hugged back and kissed her on the cheek.

"Come on, Fox." She said while rubbing his back. She broke the hug and looked at him. "We need you to make the decision." She added while rubbing his arms. He nodded with a tear dropping.

"I know. Go get ready, Okay?" Fox asked her. Krystal smiled back to him and nodded.

"Sure thing." She said in a way that lifted Fox's heart. She gave him a soft kiss on the lips and jogged out of the room so she could get ready. Fox sighed as he walked over to the intercom machine.

"Team! Information has been found out on Slippy and Fara, but right now we need to act. Everyone to the Docking Bay, we are heading to Starwolf's headquarters!"

---

And there we have it. All three teams are planned to be in the same place soon enough.