Family or Friends?

Fluxy

HOLY SH*T, it's gonna be a BATTLE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!!!! :shock::D.  The storytelling is EXCELLENT in this section, and I love how you gave background on how Wolf lost his eye :D.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluxy

• OneUnder

• FoxMcCloud

• Conor

another excellent chapter nick. I love the tension that is building up, and I also agree with crazy - the background of Mel and Wolf meeting was great.

Man I fell behind reading this, but I'm just now caught up.  Sorry about that.  But this is awesome! :yes:

As I said before, No worries! You cared enough to catch up, that is what I <3 about it. :)

Also, THANKS TO Conor and Crazy!!! I will put better and more thought out thank yous with the next chapter. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, guys. So Bad news, then good news.

Bad News: School Fricken sucks, along with a lot of drama crap I REALLY don't have/need to deal with right now.

Good News: It is sorta lightening a bit, so I am going back to writing my chapters! I only plan on there being 2-3 left, but the whole story isn't over after that, so hopefully I didn't lose those in interest. :lol: I am really hoping to get the next one posted by this friday, if not, a bit earlier. Thanks to all those I haven't lost! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I am not one of those people who like to just put  part of a chapter up, but I feel super bad about my inactivity, so I am going to put the first part up, and edit the rest in when I get it done. I really hope you enjoy, and again, I am sorry.

Chapter 13, The Beginning of the Final Battle

Fayt and Cliff ran out of the room they resided in as the announcement ended. Cliff started having a bad feeling, but Fayt did not hesitate when it came to this. He ran, back sore, and eyes tired, down to the Arwings. Cliff paused for a moment and sighed. He ran after him, not wanting to leave him behind on this. He was barely able to catch up, but eventually did so, panting and out of breath. “Um, Fayt?” Cliff asked, looking away as he did. Fayt looked at him as they were running down the cold halls. “What, Cliff? Are you okay?” Cliff’s cheeks turned a bit red at this as he tried not to show his panting and keep up. “Yeah… I’m fine.” He responded with a sigh. Fayt, still running with ease, quirked his head in confusion. “Then what is it? You know now isn’t a time for jokes.” Cliff sighed and turned his head again, not wanting to look at Fayt. “It’s nothing. Nothing important.” He lied. Fayt was focused on many different things and saw this as a truth and kept the running up. Cliff made sure to keep up the speed and not show his exhaustion.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Gearhart and Nel looked up at the intercom as the message presented its self. Gearhart was ticked at this, but knew now was truly not a good time. He gave her one last hug, and she returned the favor with a smile. “What was it you wanted know?” She asked while breaking the hug and standing up, waiting for Gearhart to move so the two could leave. “Oh, ummm…” He answered, now a bit unsure of what he wanted to say to back it up. “Would you… Get me a new shirt!” He added. Even Gearhart could tell it was a bad cover-up, but it would have to do. She nodded with a smile and went running out of the room. “Just make sure to be ready at the ships. I can’t make too many stops.” Nel responded while heading out the door; running to her room, in attempt to fins another shirt to fit him. Gearhart stood and stretched. Starwolf…. Already? I wasn’t able to stop it…But I guess I will deal with it how I see fitting when I get there. He thought while starting his run to the Arwings. He knew that the situation was worse than first expected, but could still be rationalized out.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Fox and Krystal now were running alongside each other, making turn after turn to get to the elevator. They approached it as Fox barked out an order. “Sector B, Elevator doors, open!” He shouted. As soon as the phrase was finished, the doors opened, allowing the vulpine couple to run inside. Krystal now was panting slightly; She was in great shape, yes, but she was also over exhausted from doing work for long periods of time. Fox took her in a hug, rubbing her back lightly. “Are you sure you don’t want to sit this out?” He asked, worried for his love’s safe being. She shook her head, releasing the hug. “I can’t just stand by and let you do all the fighting. I’m a little worn out, but I can still fight.” Krystal replied happily. The doors opened as they quickly descended to the base floor of the ship. The couple started running again, heading to the Arwings. “Just stay alive.” He said to her as they ran. “I plan on nothing other than that.” Krystal responded as they entered the hanger to see Cliff and Fayt getting into Arwings, and Gearhart standing there without a shirt. Krystal stared at him for a moment, liking what she saw as a lust. Fox took note of this and snarled a bit before barking.

“Richard! Why don’t you have a shirt on?!” Gearhart looked over at Fox. He sighed and then blushed.

“Umm…. All I know is Nel is getting me another. I really didn’t mean for this to happen.” Gearhart responded. He felt he had done something wrong, which was shown from his ears flattening, and his tail caving in towards him. Fox sighed, and Krystal looked over to Fox and gave him a kiss.

“Don’t worry. I love you.” She told Fox, now leading him to their Arwings. Fox smiled as he was relieved by this. Moments later though, Nel came running in with a yellow button up shirt, and handed it to Gearhart. Nel was panting slightly, but it was mainly from the quick running.

“Here you are, Gearhart!” Nel said while handing him the shirt. Gearhart’s ears perked up as he looked over and saw the vulpine couple still getting into their ships. He sighed in relief, then turned back to Nel after taking the clothes.

“Shh! Remember? They don’t know yet!” Gearhart whispered to her as she instantly blushed.

“I’m so sorry! It slipped my mind!” Nel apologized, a bit embarresed that she just spoke it aloud after just being told not to. Gearhart sighed and hugged her.

“It’s fine. Let’s just go to our ships so we can head off.” He responded.

And with that, the group got into their respective ships, and got prepared in less than a minute. “All ships, status report!” Fox announced in his leadership tone. “G-.. Richard here. Everything seems good.” Gearhart responded a little shakily, still having a bit of his flying anxiety. “Cliff present, and if I wasn’t ready, we’d be screwed!” Cliff joked, feeling the atmosphere needed to lighten up a tad. “Fayt here. All systems are a go, and turning on cloak, now!” Fayt announced, turning his stealth field on, as it was his role. “Krystal at the ready. Everything seems fine, Fox.” Krystal said, trying to focus in and establish mental links with everyone. “Nel here! And happy to be of service!” She reported, a bit happier than she normally would be.

“Alright crew… I am commencing radio silence until we get there. Do not speak unless it is an emergency.” Fox ordered, giving the accelerator on his ship a thrust, making it speed faster. The others did so eventually, keeping up in formation. Gearhart sighed. As long as there aren’t any aerial fights, I am safe…

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The Arwings reached the base safely. The large hanger doors were already open, and seemed the base had already been hit with some battle.

“Fox… Doesn’t Starwolf usually use more protection than this?” Fayt asked, feeling this was something worth breaking radio silence for.

“I would hope so…” Fox started, getting a bit worried now about the situation, but not showing it. Gearhart took a look at the scene, and got a feeling from his senses. He was not sure how to go about saying it, but he felt it needed to be said.

“The surrounding area seems safe, and I don’t think there are any issues down there. It should be safe to land.” He spoke, trying not to get yelled at or doing something wrong. Anxiety was getting to him a bit.

“I am not sure, but I am going to trust your judgment, Richard.” Fox started, fully trusting the thought, but not sure if it was correct. “Go ahead and land, crew!” Fox barked out, leading the team into the hanger bay and landing the ships.

The group got out, all of them gathering around Fox, waiting for the orders. Fox took a look at everyone, and gave a nod.

“Alright. I am not going to take any chances with this one, guys. I am going to spilt everyone into pairs. I can’t lose any more members.” Fox admitted, a tear falling down him as he remembered Falco’s fate. “Now then. Cliff and Fayt, Richard and Nel, Krystal and myself. Those are the teams. Everyone keep in contact through Krystal. If you meet up with anyone from Starwolf, or the two traitors, chime in and we are there. I am not joking when I say I want everyone coming back alive.” The team all nodded before leaving. Each group split up in different routes, taking different opportunities, and each having their own personal goal for what was to be accomplished.

To save Slippy and Fara... To get closer to him… To gain the courage to ask Fayt… To be able to come out alive… To protect Fox from harm… To be able to stop this mess, and be accepted…

:shock: I hope you can recommend a good eye doctor Nick, because after reading that chapter, my eyes melted from the sheer suspense contained in the text! :D

I loved Gearheart, partly because I have test problems just like him, for me it's anxiety, I often study VERY HARD for tests and then freak out and fail. Almost cried for him, very emotional deep dark stuff. I identified with Gearheat a tiny bit, reading the story.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the first few chapters. I am really addicted now, and I have to read it. Very well done :D i just have to catchup now :D

:shock: I hope you can recommend a good eye doctor Nick, because after reading that chapter, my eyes melted from the sheer suspense contained in the text! :D

Heh, thanks! =] I can't really, but I am glad you like it! Just one last chapter after this of suspense before it all comes molding together. =]

I loved Gearheart, partly because I have test problems just like him, for me it's anxiety, I often study VERY HARD for tests and then freak out and fail. Almost cried for him, very emotional deep dark stuff. I identified with Gearheat a tiny bit, reading the story.

Cool! I relate to him in that sense too. =]

After reading the first few chapters. I am really addicted now, and I have to read it. Very well done :D i just have to catchup now :D

Thanks! I am glad to have more people interested! More reason to get more fluent with my posting. =]

---

Hey guys! I know I havn't posted anything, again, for a while, but I have great news! I have made a plan for me to get more into shape with this. SO! You guys, my readers, should be able to expect a new chapter every Wednesday by 5pm [Pacific Standard], if not more than so. I really want to get this finished soon so I can start on the sequel. And now, without further adieu, the next chapter!

Chapter 14, Never What It Seems

The young blue vulpine moved as quickly through the halls of the base as he could, a small trickle of red blood flowing down his left leg as he did. He had gotten shot, twice so far within the past minutes; One in the upper left thigh, and one in his shin of the same leg. Damn.... I knew we learned in training it would really hurt, but this bad?!... Liam thought to himself as he stopped at a corner. Voices were heard to his left. It sounded just like two people, so he took a defensive stance at the corner, ready to counter strike.

Liam was more than fearful. His planning, along with the rest of Mel's team seemed to fail completely somehow as Starwolf was fully ready for everything they planed. The only reason the comando team was able to make it so far was from the sacrifices and pure skill and talent the team had. Albel... He thought as everything seemed to be in slow motion to his senses. You pulled you ship up right to the front line so you could take the M3 shield barriers off... The thought of his tragic fate played back in his head. Albel was their best pilot, and the only one who could make the runnabout through the outer shield system. Although they told him it would  take too much energy out of his ship, he didn't listen, allowing his actions to speak for him. Blast after blast he sent at each generator, making sure each were dead so the team could get in. But as all seemed to go well, he started running slower as the fuel and energy started draining. Albel had enough to get back out in time, and they could have done another strategy, but he knew more than anyone that it wasn't possible to do so.

Albel died crashing his ship into the final barrier to open up the gating system for Mel and her crew. The idea that someone had already died that early killed Liam inside. But it was even worse now. A surprise electrical output of energy blasted as the team split  up into the base, splitting each up from communication completely. Liam no longer knew any of their  statuses. Were any of them hurt? Was someone in need of assistance? And the most fearful question to himself... Am I the last one left?...

Liam's mind snapped back to attention as the steps came closer to him. He closed his eyes for a moment, grabbing his gun on his right thigh and holding it close to him. Seconds before the two mysterious Starwolf members came around to the intersection, Liam leaped from the hiding spot, turning in mid spin. He fired one quick shot at the cat to the right, seeing as the turtle was not wielding a weapon. The cat screamed in pain as his body went to the ground, grabbing at his upper chest where the young vulpine shot at with precision, blood quickly leaking from him and onto the ground in a puddle.

The turtle came in shook. He quickly tried to get his gun at his side, but was thwarted as Liam coldly shot his gun off at the turtle. The shot went quickly, piercing the skull of the poor turtle with, and killing him before judgment with ease as he fell to the floor. Liam panted as he saw the bodies like this. He hated being a killer, but he was too far deep into it now. He knew there were consequences of war, and right now, it was kill, or be killed. "P-please! Don't leave me here to die! I don't want to die!" The cat begged Liam, still unable to get off the ground from the shot. Liam was silent. He wasn't sure what to do, and couldn't kill him now, seeing as he was no longer a threat, but couldn't risk saving him and letting it slow him down. He simply turned and started walking. The cat couldn't see it, but he heard it, and that was all enough to spark his tears as the streams of salt water fled down his dry face. "Christine... I am so sorry I can't be there any longer..." He spoke. His words made Liam stop and think to himself. ...But he is part of Starwolf... He... But... Liam was confused. He got so caught up in the bad part of Starwolf, he didn't realize the other reasons why one would join their ranks. "I'm sorry... I couldn't..." The cat started as he coughed some blood up. "Be there... For our son..." He spoke with his final breath, dying as the blood overtook and drowned his entire body.

Liam turned, rushing back to the cat, looking and trying to see if there was anything he could do for the man. The emotions of killing a father to be killed him inside even more. Liam's eyes bawled tears as he took a moment to search the soldier for any belongings that might help identify him. He sadly found none. The only thing he could find was a stimpack healing aid, and a picture of the cat, and a fair silver furred wolf. The two looked happy as Liam assumed this wolf must have been the Christine the cat mentioned. He hated the idea of taking from the dead, but he needed the healing. He left the picture of the cat's love on him, taking only the stimpack and applying it to himself as he continued to infiltrate more of the base, now with more reason to try and get this over with fast, and the least amount of blood shed.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Cliff and Fayt were running along the outskirt halls to the base. The Starfox team came soon after Mel's, only minutes separating their entrances. Blood was already on the walls and floor, the occurrence of a dead body or two not coming to much surprise to the vulpine and lynx team. They had their assault weapons at the ready, usually something this pair would never do. This was serious. They were in more danger now than they had been for the past few years, and they were doing their best not to fall into fear's grasp.

"Fayt... I don't feel too good. The scent of blood in making me sick." Cliff would say with the slightest tremble in his voice, getting more worried, and sick feeling with the smell of hemoglobin all around him combined with the dead corpses.

"Cliff, you need to get a hold of yourself. I feel sick too from this damn scent, but there is nothing we can do about it." Fayt addressed at first, the two still swiftly crossing throughout the base's halls.

"Look! I am not even meant to be on these sort of missions! I am supposed to be in the Great Fox as an engineer, or in more safer missions. Heavy duty combat is not what I am trianed for like you, Nel and Fox." He explained back to him, sweat slowly making its way down his face.

"...You're right... Sorry for snapping at you. I just want you to be at your fullest so you don't get hurt." The blue furred vulpine responded to his friend, knowing he was out of line for how he talked to Cliff. Cliff then sighed as they kept going.

"No, it's fine. I do need to be stronger than this just..." The lynx started, his temperature rising the slightest. "I wanted some comfo-!" He abruptly ended as Fayt quickly tackled Cliff to the floor as a chemical explosion blew it's way through the wall to their right.

Cliff yelped in pain from hitting the floor and his tail badly from the fall. He opened his eyes to see Fayt on him and slowly releasing his grip to stand. He was panting, and moving as if injured. "Fayt! Are you o-..." He stopped as Fayt turned his head to the large hole in the wall. Pieces of metal were in his back, the thick red liquid running down his back. "Cliff..." The vulpine said as he panted. "Are you okay...?" The Lynx instantly got up and stood next to Fayt, and about to respond as his instincts told him to turn to the right. Following his primal calls, the new sight before him made him truly worry.

"What do you two little f***ers want!" Fayt barked as a duo looked at the two from the room, a manacle grin on both their faces.

"No... Why... Slippy! We used to be great friends!" Cliff yelled out, the frog now laughing at the comment. The dog next to the frog rolled her eyes at this.

"You actually think we care if you are our friends?!" Fara responded, lifting her arm. As she did, Fayt and Cliff were both lifted into the air as they tried to squirm free from an impossible bond. She then brought her clenched hand to her chest, chucking the pair into the room and onto the floor as the wall that had exploded resealed it's self. Trying to stand, the two took in the surrounding of this room, and it shocked them with fear.

"This is the exiting system Starwolf has... It is set up to let go in four minutes." Slippy stated, pressing a button on his watch. "By that time, if our fight isn't over, we all die. Only way out is to kill." He said with a menacing grin. Fayt had finally gotten up by this point, helping Cliff as he did.

"Look! We will leave right now! Just let Cliff and I go! We don't want to hurt you!" Fayt pleaded, wanting for his friend at least to be safe. Fara shook her head though.

"Three minutes, fifty-five seconds and counting..." She stated. Cliff finally found footing, and looked at his new enemies as Fayt opened a mental link with him.

Cliff... How much energy you got left? They aren't normal anymore and aren't going to be easy going against... Fayt asked and explained to his best friend.

Well... I know my endurance is much better than yours, so I can probably last a good ten minutes after that blast. But I am also not as strong as you. With no more bullets left, I am not sure how well I can do in a fist fight with my skill... He replied. It was then the two noticed the physical changes on Fara and Slippy. Their eyes were blood shot, and fully open. Muscles bulging in all places. They were definitly ready for a fist fight as well. It made Cliff fear more for his life as Fayt put a hand on his back.

Stay strong... They might have telekinesis, but I can tell already they don't have telepathy. With that as an advantage on our side, we will be alright. Just follow my command, and be able to avoid their punches, and we will be able to rescue them in no time... The fox thought to Cliff. He being the strategy master of the team, he felt they could do this even with close to all odds against them. Cliff slowly nodded.

Okay... We can do this. He thought. Cliff believed it, but still knew it was going to be hard beyond belief seeing as Fayt was already badly injured and still being the main one fighting. He sighed, his hands trembling as he put them up, getting ready to fight. A tear fell down his face as his throat choked and couldn't say anything.

Fayt took his hand off Cliff, and stepped away from him, giving some space between the two, as he stepped forward and pointed his hand at the two there. "We aren't giving up on you two! We will bring you back alive!" He barked out, a snarl on his muzzle as he did.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Madame Zostro, still at the Cornerian Fair, was sitting in her room as she impulsively grabbed at her heart, gasping loudly and all of a sudden as the crystal ball she was focused on started turning cloudy, and filled with the color red.

With a louder ominous tone she softly whispered out as her heart started feeling pain.

"...The first lives are soon to be lost soon..."

I definitely wasn't expecting another cameo from Madam Zostro, I can tell you that much :lol:.

The rest of the chapter can be summed up quite easily;

650_EpicWin.jpg

It's been quite incredible, especially with the lasting emotional trauma that Liam seems to be suffering :)

I definitely wasn't expecting another cameo from Madam Zostro, I can tell you that much :lol:.

The rest of the chapter can be summed up quite easily;

650_EpicWin.jpg

It's been quite incredible, especially with the lasting emotional trauma that Liam seems to be suffering :)

Lol! Many thanks! =] And a word of advise: If there is something in the story that easily does not need a last name, and is given one, they -WILL- be showing up soon/again! Lol Just something that comes about in many stories. Especially Sci-Fi ones.

I really do enjoy this Fanfic Nick. Very well put together and excellent on every level ^-^

• 3 weeks later...

I really do enjoy this Fanfic Nick. Very well put together and excellent on every level ^-^

Thanks, Fox! Means a lot! =]

----

Now. I really did have a lot written, and that  is because I said screw it, and tried finishing it all and get it done a bit faster. Although that would have worked, I made a huge mistake in the story for those chapters, meaning I had to practically disassemble all of them. -_-. So don't think I am forgetting about this, I just simply will take it slower, and make sure it gets done right this time. Lol. Do expect a chapter this Wednesday.

Chapter 15, No Hope

The red trail of hemoglobin smeared across the floor as a familiar vixen crawled to safety; Dangerously injured and on the brinks. Damn... She thought, cursing the painful broken bones in her ribcage, and the multiple cuts all over. Her left arm limp as she crawled with her right, Mel silently whimpered from her pain. Gearhart.... I am sorry... Rivers of brine fell from her eyes as her mind was brought to the memory of how this all came to be.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The vixen was running through the halls, keeping calm as she had just been split from her team, and all communications down. Mel knew this base all too well as she sprinted down lengths of halls, and turned past corners. Her mind was filled with a little bit of fear and anticipation, being on her guard at all times because of it. Although, she was a lucky one. She ran into no enemies while getting to her destination.

Skillfully, she made her way all the way to the other end of Starwolf's base, where the main hanger bay was located. Sweat was now running down her face slightly, but more so her back as her energy was spent. If she thought more, Mel would have decided to not run all the way, but she needed to get this over with, for her sake. She  saw Wolf's meeting room, and could smell that he was in there. Did that mean he knew she was there? Mel chose not to think of that as she bull rushed the door, smashing it against the wall as it crushed. And there he was. Wolf, standing, and the room clear of all obstacles. Mel now knew she had fallen for a trap. Knowing that confrontation was imminent, she went for her quick draw pistol. But as soon as she grabbed it, a large screeching metallic sound was made as all the guns and ammunition was lifted, and instantly raised to the ceiling as it clung there like a magnet. She looked shocked as she shot her glance at Wolf.

"Wanna explain that little fancy trick to me, hun?" Mel asked in an angered tone as her muzzle was snarling; her tail erect, and hanging low. Wolf simply grinned at this, and slowly stepped forward, now approximately ten feet away from the vixen.

"Heh... Mel. You are such a fool, still using the same tricks." Wolf mocked. "The chromium and 'Nutrient Z' mixture. It is what all your ammo is made of, right?" Mel growled the slightest as she now started understanding how Wolf did this all.

"So you forced the general pull of the chemicals of my weapons through my ammunition... I should have thought something like that was coming..." Mel said, slipping her left hand behind her as she gave  off a defensless position. Wolf stood proud as he then approached her, grabbing the base of her face in his hand as he chuckled.

"Sorry, love. Jus-" He was cutoff.

"Good thing I did!" Mel responded, Wolf now being close enough. She pulled from within the back of her shirt a simple dagger, and sliced upwards at Wolf. He howled in pain as he was forced off her, his torso now bleeding as he growled.

"Fine! You wanna get rough, then let's go!"

The first already being made by Mel, Wolf charged at her, grazing the her arm as she yelped from the claw wound. Seeing his form unbalanced, she kicked in his back leg as he went down to his knees. Mel went down for a quick finish, but Wolf rolled quickly to the side, some fur being cut from the strike. Now with Mel in a bad position, Wolf punched from the ground at her ribcage. Mel's body was practically falling into it as  his punch cracked one of her ribs on the spot, and sent her a flying a few feet off. Coughing blood, she stood slowly, only to find that Wolf got to her faster as he upper kicked her ribs again. Cracking them a bit more, Mel was forced back a tiny bit, but stabilized herself enough to keep standing. "You never were good in hand-to-hand, Mel." Wolf claimed, still snarling, and not in the mood to joke any more. Mel wanted to make some sort of witty response, but the focusing on her wounds kept most of her attention.

She could feel the blood seeping out of her organs, but still staying in her body. Mel knew her internal bleeding was getting bad. With nothing else to lose, she forced herself to keep going. She let off a battle cry as she charged him, dagger in hand. Wolf saw her hand raised, and ducked as she came near him, but that was what she wanted. Mel kicked up her left knee as she hit Wolf's face head on, and then stabbed him in the back violently with the dagger, leaving it in him as he fell to the ground. Wolf yelped in pain as he struggled to stand. "Wolf.... You never should have taken Gearhart... That was your biggest mistake." She told him, now going for a final move to finish him. She pulled her arm back, and trusted downward for a deadly deep throat punch. But as soon as it was about to land, Wolf's body instantly disappeared as her left hand was crushed by her own force, causing her left arm to go limp as she cried in pain.

"And your biggest one was choosing those to be your last words..." These words were said behind her. Mel, now a fearful expression in her eyes turned and saw Wolf, standing there, the bloody dagger now in his hand and out of his back. He kicked her face, causing it to be sent to the ground. As her sight slowly went black, Wolf took the time to make up for all of this. He took the knife, and just slashed at her in random spots of his choosing, just letting the anger seep out of him. And once he was done with his fun, he threw the knife down at her, and stood, now leaving the room. "I can't kill you... it isn't in me..." He said, now slowly exiting the room, and entering the halls. He hit a button on his wrist communicator, activating it. "Finish her off for me... I can't do it..."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

I... I lost... She thought to herself, her body no longer wanting to take commands from her brain. Mel simply lied there on the floor, her body given up on her, and no more will to live. The sound of a lone person came from behind Mel, as the sound grew; The being was approaching Mel. Come on, body! Move!... She tried forcing herself, but she just wouldn't budge.

The cynical light blue vixen walked and knelled at the head of Mel. She chuckled at this sight with a small grin.

"You're Mel, right?" Lure asked, already knowing the answer plus more, but just toying with Mel for fun.

"W-What if... I am..." Mel responded, the bleeding affecting her barely working voice.

"I just wanted to give you some last bit information before you died." At hearing this, Mel shot another tear, the water running down her face like last time. Lure smiled. The sight of pain in others, as well as their will to live being fully taken gave her a sickening pleasure. "Gearhart..." Lure started, pulling her gun out as she did. She placed it on the back of Mel's head as she was about to finish. "He's alive, and you lost him... Any last words?"

Mel's voice whimpered. She was overjoyed, no bounds could express how happy she was to hear Gearhart was alive. But at the same time, she knew she had no more time left in this world. "Just... Tell him..." The dying vixen went on with her last words. And once she was done, Lure chuckled. "You got it... Now then..."

The sound of a blaster filled the nearby halls.

I'm not going to bother commenting on individual chapters so I'll just comment on the strory as a whole. Very, very, very nicely done bud', keep those chapters rolling, I want to see how this ends :)

:shock: .........I can't express my view on this chapter with words.....only the high-pitched shrill of suspense, excitement, and sadness.  Great job Nick! :D

I'm not going to bother commenting on individual chapters so I'll just comment on the strory as a whole. Very, very, very nicely done bud', keep those chapters rolling, I want to see how this ends :)

Thanks! means a lot to see you still reading it, and even more that you commented. =]  :friends:

:shock: .........I can't express my view on this chapter with words.....only the high-pitched shrill of suspense, excitement, and sadness.  Great job Nick! :D

Well, I won't be the one to say how you did described how you felt with words, Lol, but thanks again, Crazy! Very appreciated. =]  :friends:

---

Chapter 16, Judgment Day, Part 1

The two taking their time assaulting the worn out base, Gearhart and Nel walked down the halls, avoiding all bodies, or what seemed to be 'Bodies' at one point, as they did. Not once had they come to a skirmish, or chance at battle with Gearhart there. He made use of his great senses at these points, making sure to not let the overlapping scent of blood affect his smell or hearing. The scene was overall atrocious, and it took them great amounts of strain just to hold back the feeling of their lunches hitting their throat. They decided to take a minute break in a small storage hall Gearhart remembered seeing when he was first in the base. Although it was only for a few minutes he was there, Gearhart hardly forgot anything simple. It was the more complex material he saw he had trouble remembering. Or was it his mind playing tricks on him and warping his thought patterns?

Wiping the sweat from her dark red fur, Nel let out a sigh, breathing the air in the hall, seeing as the air in there was not fully blood drenched, or smelled of corpses. She turned her head upwards toward Gearhart, a small worried expression on her face.

"Gearhart... We need to make more progress. We don't-..."

"I know we don't have much time!" Gearhart snapped, his mind on end; the mental barrier being down completely affecting his thought patterns if he wasn't careful. Nel was silent after this, her head looking at the ground as her tail was still. The wolf sighed as he stood up, and moved next to Nel, and sat next to her. "Look... I am just tense, and I am worried about the others..." Gearhart said, explaining himself the slightest. "And look at us. This area of the base is obviously partially damaged by the humidity in here; We are sweating in even our normal clothes." And it was true. For some reason this section of Star Wolf's base seemed to be a lot warmer than all the others, but that wasn't the issue at hand. "Should we check in with the other members? You know, to make sure they are fine?"

"No." Nel said a tad bluntly, only coming out that way because she was panting the slightest. "It is one of Fox's rules... That, if we are on a rank-A mission, one that involves situations like the one we are in now, that we don't use the com-links, unless it was an emergency, and we couldn't avoid it."

"Why is that?" Gearhart questioned, his head getting a small ache. He rubbed it as he waited for Nel to go on.

"Well, it is for when we need to stay hidden. The mechanical waves that emit from it when it gets a signal is enough to trip some alarms, and they even have special ear adapters to hear the signals." She lengthily explained. With that, Gearhart nodded, and sighing. He stood up, and helped Nel up as he looked at the door.

"I hope they are doing alright..."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Fayt! The transition is cut! I can't send out the signal!... Cliff thought, his heart racing now as a few more drops of perspiration fell from him. Fayt sighed, his eyes still focused on the two they used to call 'Friends'.

Damn... My telepathy can only reach you also... We are on are own, but we still got this... Fayt responded, but as soon as that happened, the assault started

Slippy, with extreme abnormal speed, leaped at Fayt, his heels about to smash in the vulpine's rib cage. Fayt saw this coming, and dodged just barely out of it. Sure, he knew it was coming, but the speed and precision was another story; this made him feel slightly less confident. His back was now bent, and getting ready for a counter strike. He lashed out  quick kick, and struck Slippy's back, forcing the toad a foot or two forward. Although, now this was bad. His body was in such a defenseless position for just half a second, and he couldn't prevent what happened next. Fara was, almost instantly, right behind Fayt as she chopped at his neck, forcing him to the ground. Taking this now as an opportunity, Cliff charged, and swiped at Fara. The blow barely connected, as her speed and grace was almost flawless, but it was a start.

Damnit!... Sorry, Cliff. I'll be more careful next time... Fayt thought, now rolling back to his feet since Cliff got Fara away.

I could have  been there with you, so don't be... He responded, looking back and forth from Slippy to Fara. The situation seemed bleak, but they kept strong as the frog and dog team went at another strike.

Slippy this time went for Cliff, charging for a massive punch. Fayt barely saw this coming, and pushed Cliff to the ground. The punch now hit Fayt on the right side of his muzzle spot on, a large yelp emitting as it landed, and blood spurting all over the floor around him. Now dazed, and unable to focus his telepathy, Fayt went for a side kick. He was now in perfect placing for Fara. But as she came in, and was about to land another deadly neck shot, Fayt's only standing leg slipped from his own blood on the floor, causing himself to fall, and barely miss what would have been his death. But the attack did not stop as Fayt came harshly crashing too the ground. Fara's hand now, instead, hit Slippy in the side of the head, causing him to yell, and get into a stage of daze; Although this did not mean he was down. "Damn you little bastards!" He shouted, his voice still a bit young and innocent sounding as he reached for his pistol. "If you can't handle your own fights, then you don't deserve to hold him back!" The toad screamed as he whipped the gun out of the case, and fired it at Cliff, aiming for his head. Fara was now away, knowing she had to keep moving, and not wanting to be near Slippy after this.

Cliff moved just enough to avoid harsh damage, the flaming shot scorching the side of his face as it burned some fur. But that wasn't on his mind, nor his fear of death and losing. He couldn't hold back his feelings as he saw Fayt hurt again so easily like this, and how easily they were over taking him. He wouldn't allow this to happen.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

"Come on, Fayt! That's cheating and you know it!" the young lynx whined. Cliff was now the age of thirteen, and Fayt now fourteen. The two were playing chess, well, Lylat Chess, where the pieces were based off of space craft. Fayt had been starting to use his telepathy more often, and Cliff did not like Fayt's method of 'guessing where to go'.

"Oh, relax. I promise I didn't cheat this time." He started. The fox then looked to his arm, seeing the heart rate indicator. He then looked to the young girl who was manning all this. "Isn't that right, Nel?" He asked, sticking his tongue out.

"Cliff, he's telling the truth. Unless he found a way to suddenly lie to the machine..." But Nel didn't doubt it. Fayt could find his way around most mechanical things not only due to his base intellect, but because he had seen Cliff tinkering with them a lot. Nel was twelve years old at this time.

"Your just saying that because your his girlfriend!" Cliff shouted out at Nel, getting a bit upset over the simple matter. At that, Fayt chuckled.

"And you are just saying that because yo-OUCH!!!" Fayt yelped as Nel smacked the back of his head with great force. Cliff however had the idea of what Fayt was going to say, as it was shown through his tears slowly falling down his face. He wiped them off as they came, trying to not let the small whimpers come out.

You know much better than to go doing that! Look, you made him cry!... Nel thought to Fayt, moving over to sit next to Cliff. Although, the young lynx got up.

"If you can't help but bring that up almost every week, then screw you! I am leaving!" He shouted, and ran off, out of Fayt's house and headed for his home. Nel now held a look of anger as she looked at Fayt. And now the blue vulpine felt bad, his ears hanging low as he sighed.

"You need to-"

"Yes, I know. I am going..." Fayt complained, standing up, and heading over to the back of his house. Sliding open the window door, he stepped out onto the nice summer air and got on his bike. Soon after, he left, and was on his way to see Cliff.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

One minute, twenty seven seconds; The time left running in his head, the adult lynx now letting out a battle cry as he went and charged the toad. Slippy, still disoriented, couldn't do anything to block this next attack. "Back off!" Cliff shouted, thrusting his fist into Slippy's face, breaking his jaw and sending him to the ground. Although, he was wide open for Fara's attack, her foot slamming into Cliff's chest, breaking a rib or two; He simply chuckled. Cliff stayed standing, the foot now wrapped in his arm as he was stabilized. "H-How! How is that possible?!" Fara, now only on one leg, stood shocked. It was an invention of Cliffs to help on un-proper ground, the Meta Gear. The actual technology in his boots though. They acted as a safe point, the magnets, when activated, were attracted to the metal ground. But it also had metal attractions on his clothes too. Cliff made sure to impose his clothing with small traces of metal ions into the fabric; making it heavier, but helped him train, and have this trick usable.

"Because I spent time being a god damn engineer!" He yelled, twisting her leg, thus forcing her face down on the ground. And with her like this, he deactivated the boots and used his full force as he twisted her ankle more, and smashed it to the ground. Fara screamed in pain as her ankle, and other small bones in her foot were shattered from Cliff's attack. Fayt, panting from his pain, slowly looked up and over to Cliff, his eyes opened wide; He did not see this at all. He knew Cliff would be angered, but not to this point. Cliff then, seeing Fara squirm over the pain of her foot, and trying to crawl off, ignored her, and walked over the Fayt.

"Are you alright, Fayt?" Cliff asked, helping the fox up, getting him to stand. The two were partially blood covered as he sighed.

"Yeah... I am fine. Just a little pain is all..." He groaned, the pain being a lot more than that. Cliff then hugged him, the smallest tear falling from his eye as he did. The two felt it was over, and all was fine. They could get out with the two and run, but this was sadly not the case. Slippy, his jaw out of place from the punch, chuckled as he coughed blood onto the floor, their energy force that was powering them failing. He took a small device from his back pocket. The back up fail safe. Fayt's ear's twitched though in the hug as he noticed what Slippy was doing from his brain waves, the expression on Fayt's face being grim.

Cliff! Grab the pole on the wall!... He thought frantically, knowing this was going to get ugly. But Cliff was confused, yet, did it anyways, his hand grabbing tightly onto it as he activated the Meta function on his glove.

"Have fun in hell!" Slippy yelled as he pressed the button. The strong large metal doors opening suddenly, now opening into space as objects all around were being shunted out. Fara, Slippy, and all the other unattended boxes and materials flew out into the great opening. Fayt slipped as he held onto Cliff, their bodies now horizontal in the air as they held on. His wounds were showing to be too much as the pain was excruciating to bear.

"Come on, Fayt! Just twenty seconds! That's all we need until it shuts off!" He shouted to him, already slowly feeling his hand's grip failing. Fayt knew this wasn't well. He was dragging Cliff down, and he already knew that even with Cliff this determined, he would soon fall within the next ten seconds.

"No! You are going to go down with me if you hold onto me..." He said, loosening his grip on Cliff as he held back his tears. And with no warning, he let go. But Cliff had a hand free and grabbed him with great agility, holding onto Fayt's hand.

"But Fayt!... You can't die on me!.. I-"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The young fox finished his pedaling, panting the slightest from the fast movement. His body wasn't trained at all at this age, and had no where near the strength and endurance he would have seven years from now. His ears and tail still low, he walked up to Cliff's house.

It was a very bland place, as Cliff's family was poor for the most time. That is actually how he got interested into machines. Cliff would always find random rubbish, and scraps of metal along the road, or from in town, and would use them to build something. Sure, nothing was too greatly built at this age, but everyone started somewhere.

Fayt walked up to the door, and knocked a few times, three to be exact, but no answer came. He then tried the doorbell, but as he pressed it, it was obvious it had been turned off by no sound from it. "Cliff, please! Just talk to me! I am sorry!" He said, begging his friend to just listen to him. He was earnestly sorry as he stood by the door, as was shown from him waiting there for thirty minutes for Cliff to come out.

Soon after, the young lynx walked out from the front door, and looked at Fayt. Fayt instantly got up and looked at Cliff as he was about to speak. "Cliff, I really didn't mean it like that... I know you are-" Fayt stopped as Cliff motioned him too. "Look... I told you that because I knew you would understand... You obviously don't if you want to use it against me every time we meet."

"Cliff, I... I am sorry..." Fayt said, knowing he screwed up, and he had to make it better. Cliff looked at him and let a tear drop fall.

"I miss my friend. Just because I like you, doesn't mean I don't want a friendship at least." He admitted. And at that, Fayt to dropped some tears, and took him in a hug.

"I know... I was a jerk... And I should respect that you aren't normal... And that you have these feelings... I will always be your friend..."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Before Cliff could finish, his grip on Fayt's hand loosened too much as the blue fox got hurdled out into space, not a trace of fur or anything other than blood smears left of him. As Fayt's body was a small glimmer in space, Cliff hanged on for dear life, shouting for him to come back, tears flying from his eyes as the big doors started closing again.

I know you love me... You must move on....

---

That's it for this one.

YAY!!! I am excited for the update, but it makes me think that I should update my two  O_o

-shrugs- oh well, ill be waiting :D

Oh and yeah Finals week is in 2 weeks for me >.<

• 2 weeks later...

First week of Finals week for me over here. I will have a chapter up as soon as I can, just know it might not be for a while.

First week of Finals week for me over here. I will have a chapter up as soon as I can, just know it might not be for a while.

I know how that feels Finals week here for me too :(

Geez, how many characters have died/are assumed dead/are close to death already? :shock:  POOR FAYT!!!!  :(

Another great chapter I must say, although I simply cannot wait to see how this tragic series of events comes to a close! :D

Geez, how many characters have died/are assumed dead/are close to death already? :shock:  POOR FAYT!!!!  :(

Yes, poor him. But, if I am correct, only 2. [unless you count Slippy and Fara in that mix, then you get 4. Lol]