Wolf Fang's Fanart

sjrathbun812

What do you think of my art? And please...Be honest. Thank you.  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of my art? And please...Be honest. Thank you.

• great
    • good
    • ok
    • meh
    • bad
    • horrible

I like the shading work done on that Sonic right there, probably my favourite piece posted in that post. Well performed.

• 3 weeks later...

More random scribbles. But it felt good to be drawing more. :) I mainly just had fun drawing the female in the upper left corner. This was, after all, going to be a human anatomy practice. In a way though, I guess it was. :P

girlbeingpulledlol.jpg

Also, thanks Shaper!

• 1 month later...

Well, I've wanted to redo him for a while, so yeah. icon_lol.gif

crashbandicootimproved.jpg

He has been redone again:

crashpractice.jpg

Now, their are pros and cons to both of these. With the newer one, his proportions aren't as good, but the shading has more texture, and it's darker so he pops out more. With the older one, it's the opposite. I blended all the graphite, so he came out looking flatter. The proportions, however, are better.

I didn't really have a reference for the newer one. I looked at some of the original artwork to get an idea of how Crash looked, but other than that, the newer drawing is pretty original. I did have a reference for the older one.

Fluxy, you still here? Lol, I'd like some critique if you happen to have it. :lol:

Drew this with an HB pencil, then went over the lines and did the shading with a standard pen. :-) No references used. I kind of like the sketchy look. It's not the best, but eh.

sketchycrash.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hah! I finally found another way of getting this up here! =P Sheesh, the new imageshack is causing problems for me, and that's where I link my drawings. But, now I find I can do the same with Deviant Art! So no more delays!

The thing I like best about this is his main body. I don't know about his face. And I did put effort into the shading, reviewing some of Fluxys old posts on the subject.

Please give any criticism! :)

fox_hoodie_by_pip_indigo_13-d6io3m8.jpg

• Like 5

His face is really good, his expression is very vivid - you nailed it. The only thing I would suggest is being careful not to make snouts too long. I've been practicing anthros every now and then and I'm always being reminded by tutorials and what not to be aware of snout length and width, so I actually look up pictures of the animal to reference sometimes.

• Like 1

Other than the slight issue with the snout length, I was thinking the angle which we view his eyes is a little off to his snout...but not so much that it detracts from the sketch really, just a minor thing I thought I would point out.  Otherwise, I really like his expression and the shading job I see especially around his neck where the sweater meets adds a pretty nice effect.  It's a very smooth shadow effect!  Keep it up :)  

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your criticism and support! It really means a lot to me! I thought Fox's snout looked a tad too long. As for the orientation of his eyes, I didn't put much thought into it, but they are indeed somewhat off as well. Thanks for bringing it up!  :-)

I want to do more Starfox art, but as of right now I recently picked up Banjo Kazooie, which I haven't played for 3 years a least. This inspired me to draw Kazooie.

kazooie_1_by_pip_indigo_13-d6l9o0w.jpg

I had no reference, so there are many flaws with her anatomy. Because she is from a fictional species, (which I did not know while drawing this,) she is drawn a little more realistically in the sense that she has toes out of the back of her feet. Even so, there are many other flaws in this drawing that you wouldn't see in a real bird.

KAZZOOIIEEEEE!!! :3

Which Banjo Kazooie game have you picked up on?  I still can't figure out if I found the original to be better, or Banjo Tooie. I can hardly point out "realistic" flaws in the drawing considering how warped of a bird Kazooie is, but size by side I think the only major difference is that Kazooie's eyes are right next to each other in the games.  After that it's a minor difference in the leg structure that I can't quite put my finger on...Maybe they look a bit long?

KAZZOOIIEEEEE!!! :3

Which Banjo Kazooie game have you picked up on?  I still can't figure out if I found the original to be better, or Banjo Tooie. I can hardly point out "realistic" flaws in the drawing considering how warped of a bird Kazooie is, but size by side I think the only major difference is that Kazooie's eyes are right next to each other in the games.  After that it's a minor difference in the leg structure that I can't quite put my finger on...Maybe they look a bit long?

I was playing the first one, and I just completed it 100% today (again, lol. Took about 3 days... and that was playing it off and on.) I personally prefer the original, but the second is still very decent as well.

http://www.google.com/imgres?client=opera&hs=QJP&sa=X&channel=suggest&biw=1024&bih=441&tbm=isch&tbnid=0lcwUiHyzH4OiM:&imgrefurl=http://www.gamergirlsunite.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php%3Fcontent.337&docid=nVdlQb3PKyxv9M&imgurl=http://www.gamergirlsunite.com/images/gamergirlstribute/kazooie_n64.jpg&w=275&h=313&ei=-UEqUt65KJKG9QSWlYCwBQ&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:11,s:0,i:114&iact=rc&page=2&tbnh=174&tbnw=152&start=10&ndsp=16&tx=74&ty=83

This image points out all the flaws, haha. She only has three toes, not five. Her wings are different, her head's different, she only has three back tail feathers, etc. Just remember I wasn't looking at it or any other Kazooie picture when I drew my own.  :-P

• 1 month later...

Have some Falco Lombardi:

falco_is_the_bird_by_pip_indigo_13-d6prs

I'd like to point out that I accidentally left out his right foot, which should be somewhat exposed to the viewer. :-P Oops. I just forgot. Sometimes that would happen with Fox and his tail... it'd be left out.  :facepalm:

As usual, constructive criticism is perfectly welcome! :-P

• 2 months later...

More Sonic the Hedgehog fanart. I payed particular attention to the shading and proportions in this one, more so than posture and expression.

sonic_finished_shading_by_pip_indigo_13-

Also, some Fox McCloud fanart inspired by the N64 style.

starfox_64_inspired_by_pip_indigo_13-d6x

• 5 months later...

Here's a dump of things that weren't really done consecutively. Most of them aren't great, but I liked them enough that I wanted to share them. The Link drawing is about the most recent thing I've done, though it was two months ago. :-P Since I started biology, it isn't exactly a strict requirement, but if I want I can draw the things I see through the microscope. Since doing that, I experienced a certain amount of enjoyment, indicating that I still do like to draw. So, it motivated me to draw a little bit more, but not very much. However, I am getting ideas for a certain Banjo Kazooie thing, so we shall see if they begin to percolate enough to prompt me to crank out some actual pieces that aren't... well, half-baked, as they have been. :( I hope I haven't made some of you disappointed, (not that I have many fans, lol) but I think it's mainly just me that's upset, but I'm not going to get into all that. Here's the stuff:

link_sketch__recent_by_pip_indigo_13-d7k

sonic_the_werehog__mid_turn_by_pip_indig

random_anime_chick__somewhat_referenced_

cartoon_guy_by_pip_indigo_13-d7kxgfl.jpg

mad_jack__unfinished_sketch_by_pip_indig