Do you like the idea of Starfox being on foot? Or in the air?

sjrathbun812

^ On foot as in Starfox assault. Anyway, I liked Starfox assault and the idea of having the team on the ground. Though I'll admit, there should have been more air combat involved.

And on a side note, There should have been more missions. What do you think?

• Like 1

'Foot', as in term to 'foot soldier' does not

seems right with Star Fox. HOWEVER,

something like 'multirole' (where they use

a variety of vehicles to overcome different

situations, as in SF64) that is a good idea.

I liked the Landmasters and the Blue Marine,

too bad you can only use them in only 2 and

1 missions respectively.

^ On foot as in Starfox assault. Anyway, I liked Starfox assault and the idea of having the team on the ground. Though I'll admit, there should have been more air combat involved.

And on a side note, There should have been more missions. What do you think?

I loved the foot missions especially for one main reason (Other than me liking them). People have to realize that Fox does have skills outside of just flying, and it was good to see that it was shown in the missions. Also, yes, they are an expert mercenary team that has many great pilots, but chances are, they would from time to time get sent on a foot mission or two. I loved the idea of it, and hope they put more in.

• Like 1

Personally, I liked the on-foot missions. I wouldn't

mind seeing more in the future. But to be fair, the aerial

missions were better, and I would like to see more missions

with Fox in the ship rather than on the ground.

Personally, I liked the on-foot missions. I wouldn't

mind seeing more in the future. But to be fair, the aerial

missions were better, and I would like to see more missions

with Fox in the ship rather than on the ground.

If they could fine-tune the foot missions more, I would want to see a mixture of them, but yeah. More aerial in general, mainly because that is what Starfox was based on.

If they could fine-tune the foot missions more, I would want to see a mixture of them, but yeah. More aerial in general, mainly because that is what Starfox was based on.

Exactly my thoughts :cool:

Ehhh, Its alright for some parts but I'd rather stick to flying.

They're a team of mercenaries.  To me, that doesn't mean that they should be confined to space.

I loved how Adventures and Assault had its on-foot bits (well, Adventures was pretty much all on-foot, but yeah), but I think they should have they're Arwing and Landmaster missions, too.  You know, mercenaries do whatever they're needed to.

To me, I think that the Landmaster wouldn't be used as often as the other two, though, as it isn't stealthy and is really only needed for the heavy-weapons missions.  The Arwing would obviously be used for flight or space combat and the on-foot missions...Yeah, I don't have to explain.

I hope this is actually on topic.  I'll admit to only glancing over the first post XD

I agree with Nick and Fureox and somewhat with Ris Grestar, I want to see more on-foot missions in future games. It shows Fox has skills outside the Arwing/Landmaster. HOWEVER I still want them to stay true to their roots. :P

I agree with Nick and Fureox and somewhat with Ris Grestar, I want to see more on-foot missions in future games. It shows Fox has skills outside the Arwing/Landmaster. HOWEVER I still want them to stay true to their roots. :P

I don't care for roots in this case lol

Like, if Guitar Hero came out with a new game where it wasn't the same instrumental gameplay, then yeah, I'd probably be upset, but that's because nothing has given it any leeway to change.  Star Fox, on the other hand, is just a mercenary team, yet everyone seems to think that they have to stay in their ships xP

Well said :cool:

I don't care for roots in this case lol

Like, if Guitar Hero came out with a new game where it wasn't the same instrumental gameplay, then yeah, I'd probably be upset, but that's because nothing has given it any leeway to change.  Star Fox, on the other hand, is just a mercenary team, yet everyone seems to think that they have to stay in their ships xP

Yeah but you were talking like all Fox does is drive around in his Landmaster when he's on the ground. xP

He has on-foot skills people! xD

Well said :cool:

Yeah but you were talking like all Fox does is drive around in his Landmaster when he's on the ground. xP

He has on-foot skills people! xD

Oh, I didn't mean to.  I'm just saying they should have more on-foot and Arwing missions than time in the Landmaster 'cause it isn't needed as often ^^;

Oh, I didn't mean to.  I'm just saying they should have more on-foot and Arwing missions than time in the Landmaster 'cause it isn't needed as often ^^;

That is a good point. They did make use of the Landmaster a lot. I played it multiple times, and on many occasions I don't use the Landmaster. With that spider boss, it was difficult, but possible.

Your right, they really should keep on-foot missions "on-foot".

That is a good point. They did make use of the Landmaster a lot. I played it multiple times, and on many occasions I don't use the Landmaster. With that spider boss, it was difficult, but possible.

It was almost like every ground mission was centered around it. :/

I loved the foot missions especially for one main reason (Other than me liking them). People have to realize that Fox does have skills outside of just flying, and it was good to see that it was shown in the missions. Also, yes, they are an expert mercenary team that has many great pilots, but chances are, they would from time to time get sent on a foot mission or two. I loved the idea of it, and hope they put more in.

You and me both, good sir. Adventures and Assault showed Fox had a range of fighting skills outside of flying and the 2 games did a great job in my opinion in that department. :D It made Fox a more accomplished fighter. :cool:

They're a team of mercenaries.  To me, that doesn't mean that they should be confined to space.

I loved how Adventures and Assault had its on-foot bits (well, Adventures was pretty much all on-foot, but yeah), but I think they should have they're Arwing and Landmaster missions, too.  You know, mercenaries do whatever they're needed to.

Again, I agree. The next game should have a balance of Arwing and ground missions. Basically an expanded Assault. That would be just great. :D

It would be great if they made a Starfox assault 2 where for #1: they could make mutiplayer a little more even. and #2: they could even out the aircraft missions with the on foot missions.

And have a couple landmaster missions as well.

Though I think they could give it a cooler name then that. Something like.......maybe "Starfox reborn"? That actually would be a cool name now that I think about it. :) Or actually, maybe they could give sonic that name for Sonic The Hedgehog 4 "Sonic reborn" I like that even better! it's more suited. :D

Again, I agree. The next game should have a balance of Arwing and flight missions. Basically an expanded Assault. That would be just great. :D

Balance of Arwing and flight missions?  Care to explain the difference? =P

As many others had said, both on-foot and flying missions are necessary to make the game the best it can be, they just have to be tuned right! :D

Guest Para Astaroth

Like someone else stated:  I would like a balance of both on foot and flight missions.  I at least would want the on foot missions to be over the shoulder -- like many shooters are today -- with screen shaking to indicate how powerful an attack is, and have screen shaking for the speed portion of the Arwing/Wolfen so that we'll know that we're tearing through space at high velocities, then add smoke trails on planets to indicate that a ship is heavily damaged or is going down.

Oh, and have the option to free aim while on foot rather than a huge reticule.  I would just want to see the Star Fox characters aim there weapons and try to get off s few accurate shots rather than knowing it's going to zip past the target.

Star Fox.

STAR Fox.

They are a team of ace mercenary PILOTS, not commandos.

If I wanted commandos, I'd hire the A-Team.

Star Fox.

STAR Fox.

They are a team of ace mercenary PILOTS, not commandos.

Just out of curiosity, did the games/Nintendo ever say they were mercenary PILOTS and not just mercenaries?