Do you like the idea of Starfox being on foot? Or in the air?

sjrathbun812

Or perhaps people should be less sensitive to what people say about vidya gaems on the internet.

Perspective.

Um, no. This site is meant for everyone to be comfortable. I could easily post the way you do, and sometimes feel like doing it. I am not saying I don't get you. BUT, that said. If people are getting upset, or angry at the way you respond (And it is not only one or two people, it's a lot more) because really, there is no need for that, you are the one that needs to change. Sure, there does come a point where people are VERY over sensitive, but in this case, you are being jerkish in your responses. Not everyone is a stone when it comes to sensitivity.

You have NEVER played a First Person Shooter before, have you? The ability to move in one direction while firing in another is an indisposable ability.

Also, I have better things to do with my life than pla a shitty Starfox game every day on my Gamecube, especially if said game is 5 years old and inferior to 64 in every way. Hell, I don't even play SF64 every day.

i own call of duty world at war.

But i don't so i have plenty of time to practice the deafult controles

Ratchet and Clank handled the on-foot controls that StarFox Assault probably attempted to quite nicely.  You can move while shooting, and there is a solid strafing mechanic.  All we need is Nintendo to pull their heads outta their asses, develop the next one in house, and ACTUALLY TAKE TIME ON IT, LIKE A MARIO, ZELDA, OR METROID GAME!

Ratchet and Clank handled the on-foot controls that StarFox Assault probably attempted to quite nicely.  You can move while shooting, and there is a solid strafing mechanic.  All we need is Nintendo to pull their heads outta their asses, develop the next one in house, and ACTUALLY TAKE TIME ON IT, LIKE A MARIO, ZELDA, OR METROID GAME!

Totally. If Starfox games could have on-foot maneuverability like in the Ratchet and clank games, or at least in a sense so it didn't look like copying, It would be awesome! :)

ah, i didn't like combat in that game it was to Unrealistic

That's not the point, Ratchet and Clank isn't supposed to be realistic, what matters is the controls and gameplay mechanics seem perfect for a StarFox game that aspires to have on-foot gameplay.

That's not the point, Ratchet and Clank isn't supposed to be realistic, what matters is the controls and gameplay mechanics seem perfect for a StarFox game that aspires to have on-foot gameplay.

*Nods in agreement* Also, if you look at assault, Fox was pretty unrealistic too. His foot speed was HUGE and the combat in it too seemed un-realistic.

Point being: Most games, especially the Sci-Fi ones like Starfox and Ratchet & Clank, are unrealistic which gives it that fun and enjoyable factor too it.

uh, i mean unrealistic to a further point then start fox

So? Point still applies. Ratchet and Clank even has more games out, and a more money making branch with not being out as long as Starfox. Just saying. You don't have to like the Ratchet series, but they are obviously doing something right with it's popularity and open view to almost all ages.

uh, i mean unrealistic to a further point then start fox

You seem to be missing the entire point, and they are both equally unrealistic in their respective ways.

You seem to be missing the entire point, and they are both equally unrealistic in their respective ways.

This is also true.

Um, no. This site is meant for everyone to be comfortable. I could easily post the way you do, and sometimes feel like doing it. I am not saying I don't get you. BUT, that said. If people are getting upset, or angry at the way you respond (And it is not only one or two people, it's a lot more) because really, there is no need for that, you are the one that needs to change. Sure, there does come a point where people are VERY over sensitive, but in this case, you are being jerkish in your responses. Not everyone is a stone when it comes to sensitivity.

I reserve my right to express myself as I want, so long as I am not trying to attack anyone.

ah, i didn't like combat in that game it was to Unrealistic

And Starfox Assault WAS?

This would be one of the few ways I would maybe enjoy Starfox if it was on foot again.

i own call of duty world at war.

But i don't so i have plenty of time to practice the deafult controles

And you don't understand the neccessity of dual stick? Well then. mouse and keyboard is better anyway so whatever

I reserve my right to express myself as I want, so long as I am not trying to attack anyone.

You don't, however, reserve the right to be rude just because you can. I am all for you being yourself, don't get me wrong. But if being yourself means being rude while it could be a lot better oriented, then you shouldn't be yourself when posting. That sorta stuff is what makes members leave from having a bad time.

You don't, however, reserve the right to be rude just because you can. I am all for you being yourself, don't get me wrong. But if being yourself means being rude while it could be a lot better oriented, then you shouldn't be yourself when posting. That sorta stuff is what makes members leave from having a bad time.

You seem to think I am rude for the sake of being rude.

Perhaps you should read some other posts I have made and see this is a rarity. I can be rude, yes. My use of calling bullshit was rude, yes. But boohoo, cry me a river over a one time thing :|

You seem to think I am rude for the sake of being rude.

Perhaps you should read some other posts I have made and see this is a rarity. I can be rude, yes. My use of calling bullshit was rude, yes. But boohoo, cry me a river over a one time thing :|

Nope, I don't think you are, sorry if It came out that way. But, I am not crying a river, and you being rude is and was not a one time thing. Get nicer in your posts, it will do the site a lot of good. : /

Better yet, why don't one of you just be the better man and stop posting about it?  I don't care if you're right 100% of the time or not.  It's a sign of a better individual to just DROP THE ISSUE and not continue to argue about it. And no it's not "if I drop the argument it's a sign that I've lost the argument".  You've put out and exhausted all your points and when the conversation degrades into petty bickering like this you two either need to acknowledge your differences (regardless of who is right) and make up, or just shut up about it.  I don't care if you're a genius and have an IQ of 150, if you don't lay off about it it makes you look stupid.

Every time I'm arguing with someone online and the other person just doesn't get it (from my POV) I just drop the issue right then and there after I've explained it in every way I know how.  You two really need to do the same.

Better yet, why don't one of you just be the better man and stop posting about it?  I don't care if you're right 100% of the time or not.  It's a sign of a better individual to just DROP THE ISSUE and not continue to argue about it. And no it's not "if I drop the argument it's a sign that I've lost the argument".  You've put out and exhausted all your points and when the conversation degrades into petty bickering like this you two either need to acknowledge your differences (regardless of who is right) and make up, or just shut up about it.  I don't care if you're a genius and have an IQ of 150, if you don't lay off about it it makes you look stupid.

Every time I'm arguing with someone online and the other person just doesn't get it (from my POV) I just drop the issue right then and there after I've explained it in every way I know how.  You two really need to do the same.

Fine. I apologize for dragging out an issue I believe needs to be worked on in a thread and getting it very off topic. My bad.

OT: Yes. Maybe not 'Exactly' like Ratchet and Clank, but something sort of along those lines would be nice for on foot. If it turns out too much like it, it will be like Adventures and Legend of Zealda games. Not that I don't like Legend of Zealda, it's a great series, but it felt like a Starfox version of it in a sense.

Why not do both, like in Star Fox 2 with those land walking Arwings? :lol:

Lol, that way they would be on foot while in air! It's the perfect plan! :D lol

Why not do both, like in Star Fox 2 with those land walking Arwings? :lol:

The Arwing landers were rather clunky, and while the idea worked well in SF2, I don't know if I would like it in future games.

Really, I want to see more, better designed Landmaster levels, if Starfox has to go on the ground more often.

Guest Julius Quasar

The Arwing landers were rather clunky, and while the idea worked well in SF2, I don't know if I would like it in future games.

Really, I want to see more, better designed Landmaster levels, if Starfox has to go on the ground more often.

O yeah, huh?

Yeah, I also wanna see more levels with the Blue Marine, too.

i thought that was rather cheese

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand Starfox ISN'T cheesy? :|