to go to a really stinky school with a big reputation. I wanted to

get some sort of relief, and I had just rediscovered the Star Fox

games (namely SF 64 and SNES), so I thought at least a fanclub

would exist. This came to out to be true, and the second entry

on my search was Star Fox Online. After lurking for a day or so,

I joined.

Now let's fast foward a few months now: In my time here, I was

able to make friends, and discover something which I did not knew

I was, yet I got into it as soon as I learned about it: The furry.

For some time, it was great, and only made my stay here better.

I did clash with some members every now and then, but it was

mostly out of logical reasons (I was acting like a fanboy back

then).

However, over time, there was something in this 'furry' which was

not right. Eventually, I came to the conclusion that the furry only made

me worse, given the fact that I was allways different. Thus, I did not

want to be even more different and give everyone a reason to further

annoy me. I had already gained names, and I did not like that at all.

You guessed right: Extraterrestial, alien, E.T., ect. Now the furry only

made me feel worse, because in the long run I would have to keep it

secret, and secrets annoy me. I can keep them, but that does not

means I like to have them.

This leads us to now. Even through I am at a new school, I am still

not social at all. Even through no one calls me names, I still have

something to hide - and I want it to be so that, if I have nothing to

talk about, at least I will not have nothing to hide. And worse thing is,

I can not tell ANYONE about it. Not even my parents.

All, or most, of you know that I have been trying to stop being a furry.

My first attempt failed. However, if you fail at something, there is allways

a reason to. In my case, it is because I am reminded of the furry at allmost

every moment here (because well, it is pretty much everywhere). I tried

to increase my efforts, but this had a cost: I was becoming increasingly

wary, or even hostile, towards the furry.

Thus, here we are now. A few hours ago I offended FoXXX, and even put

the thread at the risk of being locked. Thing is, it was not his fault, it was

mine's.

I would like now to say the following:

@FoXXX : Apologies if I offended you. I should not take a joke too serious.

@Staff : I think I blew my RP Mod chances by doing that. However I am

sure that you will find a suitable canditate. On all the other matters

you are doing fine to me.

@Everyone : Sorry for being like that, but that is the new me. I am not

going back, and I do not want to. Still, I thank you for all

the time I was here, because it was full of situations of all

sort, and being here made me a better person all-in-all.

However, I do not want to spoil this place by being too

negative - and believe me, it will happen if I stay.

As for Role-Plays, well, all I can say is that I am dropping out of the

public ones. I will remain in the non-permanent ones for a while, until

they are locked or finished. @Arashikage : Do not waste your time with

Interlocke. She does not want any relationship. Regardless of this,

those two RPs are the only thing preventing me from leaving completely.

As I have pointed out before, my RP Mod application still stands, however

I pretty much blew it, so good luck to whoever is going to be the next

RP Moderator.

Lastly, thank you everyone, you are all cool. But I have reached a point

where I can no longer stay without making the atmostphere worse, hence

why I am 'seceding' - it is not definity, and the situation may change. But

still, I do not want to spoil this place.

Regards to you all.

If you can't tell anyone, even your parents, then I understand, I won't talk about that again..

But as for you making the atmosphere here worse, don't think about that too much. You can try to change then become active here again. You don't have to rely on the two RP's so you won't leave completely. Instead, you can try to be inactive temporarily. Adjust yourself, try to change, and apply it in real life. Then you can go back here again. Or, try to change and adjust yourself slowly before the two RP's finish. You might find yourself full of life again when you do.

Plus, you don't have to listen to those people who call you extraterrestial, or E.T. You should let it go. They're just words, not the type that would hurt anyone seriously, unless there is something in you that really relates to being an, well, extraterrestial, such as abnormalities in your body, something like that. If not, those words, teases, callings, nicknames,and aliases, are not really necessary in your daily life, and ignoring them is the best way to discard them.

Plus, you don't have to listen to those people who call you extraterrestial, or E.T. You should let it go. They're just words, not the type that would hurt anyone seriously, unless there is something in you that really relates to being an, well, extraterrestial, such as abnormalities in your body, something like that. If not, those words, teases, callings, nicknames,and aliases, are not really necessary in your daily life, and ignoring them is the best way to discard them.

That was over last year ago. Thing is, I do not

want to have nothing to hide. Nobody calls me

names now, but I still have to his this.

Don't really have to hide it, just come up with a good counter-point to have ready when someone confronts you with it (what I do, anyway). And don't have to hide that you are a furry, just don't necessarily announce it (also what I've been doing, though that will change as I want to get some furry-related shirts). Only people I can really see noticing you are a furry if you don't make it blatant are people that know you well enough, and know you aren't some creepy sex fiend. Other people likely wouldn't care enough about you to pay enough attention to notice a furry habit.

Granted the, "I'm a furry" thing with your parents can be awkward (mine was because I knew my mother thought all furries were people that liked raunchy sex parties dressed as mascots), it's not an, "OMG! I are die of embarrassment!" thing. Set the record straight and you should be fine.

I'm sort of in the Same Position myself... None of my family, friends at school (if there were any to begin with), or anyone else knows that I've grown into this site. But to me its best that they don't, most of them hate me for my Juvenal actions in the past And they've never dropped that impression.

Besides you don't even have to be a furry to like this sort of thing.

Wow, that apology was so genuine and you accepted blame for something. That in itself is bold, not many people can admit that to the public.

I hope you're not leaving! Not again! You have every reason to stay, people here like and respect you. You're having an inner battle right now, which is tough, I understand. In fact, maybe the furry community here is influencing you, which is natural and obviously not intended, it just so happens you are friends with furries. :P

But don't let that confuse you. Maybe it's a case of "you don't know what you want"?

I know this is an apology, and all, but you don't just stop being a furry. It takes just pure amounts of patience and waiting, and maybe sometimes a therapist. I know, I wanted to quit this site shortly after becoming more active because of it. I wish you luck with the journey you are on now, but just know, Life calls to those who are patient. Try to be too hasty with getting to the part that you want to skip to only leads in missing out on the good stuff, and disaster.

DRL, where'd the hyper go?  Sorry for that bad joke, but in all seriousness, good luck in life.  I hope you do well, and if you do choose to become active around here again, we'll be waiting with open arms :D.  Vydrach did sum the furry thing up nicely :D.

(mine was because I knew my mother thought all furries were people that liked raunchy sex parties dressed as mascots), it's not an, "OMG! I are die of embarrassment!" thing. Set the record straight and you should be fine.

My parents were EXACTLY the same way.

tears are porring out of my eyes man i know how you feel i don't want to be a furry either and i feel as if i will soon have the same things happen to me.... :( :( :(

This leads us to now. Even through I am at a new school, I am still

not social at all. Even through no one calls me names, I still have

something to hide - and I want it to be so that, if I have nothing to

talk about, at least I will not have nothing to hide. And worse thing is,

I can not tell ANYONE about it. Not even my parents.

It looks like we're in the same boat, not being able to tell people about it, and wanting to have nothing to hide.

Whew if my parents found out I was furry, let's just say the fandom hasn't seen as great an enemy. :lol:

IDC about that though.....no one can stop me, it's a choice only I can make.

As far you having a hard time being social, I can understand that.

At my old school I had very few friends, and now that I've been home-schooled for several years....let's just say it hasn't helped my social skills at all.

I'm still terrible at making friends IRL. :(

If you don't want to be furry, I fully understand that. BUT it's still no reason to leave SF-O. Maybe you just need a break from all this. When your ready to come back, we'll be waiting for you. :friends:

It's a real shame what you've got to go trough, and I'm sorry to hear how you feel.

If this all is because of you not wanting to hide all this from someone, then do the same thing as I do. Don't deny it when asked, be proud of it! But don't shove it into peoples faces if not. I don't consider that hiding something from the people one know in real life.

DRL i know how you feel, right now. I am being overcome with all the strange things you are too. I am afraid to even bring it up with my grandparent (my guardians) plus with them being old school, its even harder....

So really the only thing i can do right now is keep it to myself, when i become more of adult maybe i'll let more of it out.

Now the whole thing with the school and names. All they are really are names. I got made fun of all the time in school because of being a Starfox Fan. I got called, Fa**ot,, gay and stupid and other derogatory comments that i cannot post.

the only thing that you can do is come to the self-realization that what they say means nothing because there are others just like me and you here. That is what the community is here for. i come online to SFO all the time, just to get away from the world.

DRL, i hope all works out and I hope to see the HYPER back soon :D

Guest Julius Quasar

"Furry" is not even well known or heard of where I live, and people generally don't care about it...I don't bother telling/explaining, and they don't bother asking.  :cool:

I know this is an apology, and all, but you don't just stop being a furry. It takes just pure amounts of patience and waiting, and maybe sometimes a therapist. I know, I wanted to quit this site shortly after becoming more active because of it. I wish you luck with the journey you are on now, but just know, Life calls to those who are patient. Try to be too hasty with getting to the part that you want to skip to only leads in missing out on the good stuff, and disaster.

This is exactly what I meant. Here, the furry

is everywhere. I do not want to hate it, but

I can not stop being one with so much of it

around. That is the reason why I am leaving.

But still, thank you everyone for being so

cool and kind. But right now, this is not

my place to be.

Regards.

my place to be.

Regards.

That's not what I meant. What I am saying is that no matter how many friends you have or don't have that are furries, it goes away purely with time. Going cold turkey with it is not the best approach, but if it is the one you are choosing to stick with, so be it.

If this all is because of you not wanting to hide all this from someone, then do the same thing as I do. Don't deny it when asked, be proud of it! But don't shove it into peoples faces if not. I don't consider that hiding something from the people one know in real life.

^ This.

In my case, practically everyone in the competitive Laser Quest community knows I'm a furry.  However that has very little if any negative repercussions for me with the exception of a little teasing here and there from my closer friends.  Not to toot my own horn here but my "bizarre likability" and ability to make friends and be a great guy in general with pretty much anyone more then makes up for it for the mere "fact" that I have a furry fetish and everyone knows about it.  In everyday RL conversation it's a non-issue and online on non-furry websites and forums I don't act like a typical "furry" as non-furries perceive them as - even though I have links to furry sites and furry interests in my profiles.

From my own experience at least, if people discover you're a furry the best thing to do is not take a lot of their comments seriously and don't let that sh*t faze you.  Yes, that may be easier said than done.  But as long as you just act just like everyone else and not be overtly furry everywhere then you really shouldn't have a problem.

That being said (I told you this already over msn DRL) there is NOTHING "wrong" with just inherently being a furry.  A lot of the negative publicity surrounding the fandom is due to what furries DO.

I've tried that before a couple of years ago where I thought I could become "unfurry" by leaving and not associating myself with anything or anyone furry related.  Didn't help in the slightest.  It's not easy to just not be a furry, to a lot of people it's who they are and it's like a lifelong interest.

my place to be.

Nevertheless I wish you luck in your endeavor and hope everything will work out in the end. :)

Guest Julius Quasar

:yes:  Good for any subculture.  Play it cool.  Be who you are, but be cool about it.

I've tried that before a couple of years ago where I thought I could become "unfurry" by leaving and not associating myself with anything or anyone furry related.  Didn't help in the slightest.  It's not easy to just not be a furry, to a lot of people it's who they are and it's like a lifelong interest.

I should point out that it is no longer

the names that bother me. It is the

'have to hide this' thing.

Additionally, just because you failed to

stop being a furry does not means I can not

try to stop being one and succed.

That's not what I meant. What I am saying is that no matter how many friends you have or don't have that are furries, it goes away purely with time. Going cold turkey with it is not the best approach, but if it is the one you are choosing to stick with, so be it.

Not in this case. If I 'leave it be',

thing is I will never stop being one.

As for the Role-Play, well, I think

it can be put on 'hold', unless you

want to continue it. (If so, I will see who

can take over. I am reffering of course

to the JP RP.)

Again, thank you everyone, but I will

not be around longer. This may be

my last post here, as of now.

Regards.

Additionally, just because you failed to

stop being a furry does not means I can not

try to stop being one and succed.

My main point regarding my statement there was that it's extremely difficult.  Yes, it's possible for you to succeed but given your past attempts and such IMO it's unlikely. 

AAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHH :compcrash::banghead::( i am crying

You don't need to cry. :/