Did you expect Star Fox Assault to be so short??

Guest Trace

Guest Trace

When you guys got the Star Fox Assault game for GameCube. Did you expect it to be 10 missions long?Or did you expect more when you first bought the game?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thu'um

• Robert Monroe

• Fire Yoshi

• Kid_Cortet

I wasn't sure what to expect to tell you the truth.  It could've been MUCH longer though! :D

I wasn't sure what to expect to tell you the truth.  It could've been MUCH longer though! :D

^Same here. Was great, I just didn't expect it to be that short.

Guest Para Astaroth

To be honest, I really was expecting more than ten missions.  As a matter of fact, I was thinking it would have been around fifteen or twenty, but I was proven wrong when I realized I was on the last mission.  Almost like a slap in the face by Nintendo.

As soon as the whole Campaign ended, everone in the room said the same damn thing at the same time...

THATS IT?!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you can say that Star Fox Assault was very short. It took me more time to do a play through than Star Fox 64 or Star Fox Snes.

As soon as the whole Campaign ended, everone in the room said the same damn thing at the same time...

THATS IT?!

^ This

I really wish that the game could have had more levels. I actually learned that Assualt was originally meant to be Multiplayer only, so we could have had NO levels! Though I honestly wouldn't have minded a solely multiplayer Star Fox game.

Yes.

But I expected it to have more than 10 highly redundant levels. I mean, I can bear Starfox 64 in an hour, but that game has 3 times as many levels as Assault :|

I thought that it was going to be a long game. But after I finished the game in only 2 1/2 hours, this is what I said:

I expected more than what we got. Considering Adventures took around 15-20 hours to complete first time around.

Yeah, it would have been cool if they made Assault 20 hours long with arwing levels :)

Also, welcome back RikMcCloud, you're not very active around here :( Post more! :)

I didn't knwo what to expect.

But I would have loved it if it was like SF64 (Gameplay, Arwings, etc.) but the story long like SFAd. Nice.

Yes, almost all StarFox games are very short. Except Adventures.

Guest Mr. Mario

I expected to be short, just like Star Fox 64...

I predict the next SF game (Not counting that 64 remake) is going to be short too...unless the team got back on foot...

• 2 weeks later...

I predict the next SF game ( is going to be short too

probly not assualt was made in a short time. the next game if they put time in to it will be longer. also they will probly have more space in the current game system. not to mention how long the story coulda been if they had not done sp much for the multiplayer.

I never played single player for the longest time actually, I just love the multiplayer in that game. and really I didn't expect anything of it's campaigne, I didn't expect the whole game, I was at the age where I didn't know the release date of games was said before they where out, and just randomly saw it in a store and was like WOO.

10 levels long....reminds me of another game we all know and love

10 levels long....reminds me of another game we all know and love

Which would be? It can't be the SNES or N64 Starfox games, they have more than 10 levels.

The games should be more like the first snes one/n64 game with multiple routes to go through, that way it makes up for the shortness the first time through. Or even go the multiple ending route like Command on DS.

Guest l Shade l

I honestly did not expect the game to be so short.. I expected different routes we could take like in Star Fox 64.

I want to explore other stuff,not go straight to the mission that leads to the final battle...