STARFOX: THE LYLAT WARS + other stuff

Zzz

If Andross didn't care about Andrew, for one I don't think he would have assigned Andrew to such an esteemed role (Starwolf was effectively Andross' elite force), and really if he found Andrew to be bothersome then he was more than easily able to dispose of him personally.

This all said, I also just happen to dislike the cliche that supervillains don't have any love for anyone and only use people as tools. Boring and tired imo. I prefer to see Andross as a man who while consumed by a desire for revenge on Lylat and is decidedly evil, still has shreds of humanity in him. He finds a little bit of solace in things like Andrew (his only known family given Dash never knew Andross personally) and Herbert (who in the SNES comic is said to be a reminder of his adoptive family). A tragic sort of villain, one who can't be redeemed and wholly dedicated to his cause, but still has bits of humanity that clings to what little things that are still precious to him, a humanity he ultimately sacrifices in favor for becoming a giant telepathic head-brain thing with laser eyes.

[…] for one I don't think he would have assigned Andrew to such an esteemed role (Starwolf was effectively Andross' elite force) and really if he found Andrew to be bothersome then he was more than easily able to dispose of him personally

Oh well' date=' I didn’t post the whole script…

In my version it was solely Wolf’s idea to recruit Andrew, yeah, THAT much freedom is given to Starwolf. Sure, Andross might also have the brains to scheme genius military strategies, but at the end of the day it’s Wolf who’s working with his squad on the battlefield; if there’s anyone Andross trusts it’s Wolf O’Donnell.

I prefer to see Andross as a man who while consumed by a desire for revenge […] and is decidedly evil, still has shreds of humanity in him. […]A tragic sort of villain, one who can't be redeemed and wholly dedicated to his cause, but still has bits of humanity that clings to what little things that are still precious to him, a humanity he ultimately sacrifices in favor for becoming a giant telepathic head-brain thing with laser eyes.

Ok, very good! You perfectly described what Wolf’s role is like in the movie :lol:, except for the whole head-brain thing with laser eyes…

Here, Andross is left in the belief that this abovementioned “humanity” in general is what should be discarded. But you see…. Spoilers, spoilers, spoilers prevent me from going all too deep into that part of the discussion, sorry. :/

Anyways, in my movie Andross isn’t even really the main villain. Sure, he’s the maniacal professor and dictator but the focus is on Starwolf, mainly Wolf.

In the writing process I had to deal with the problem of having TOO many bad guys. So I needed a villain who shared a more personal relationship with the main character, which turned out to be Wolf!

But however, I really like what you think of how Andross’ true nature might be and I thank you wholeheartedly that you took the time to elaborate on this!

Well, Andross is my favorite character of the series, so yeah. I find him interesting to work on. Either way, I geuss we have differing views on Wolf too. I don't see Wolf as evil, just really pissed off at Fox for some reason or another. A lone wolf type, but also a strong leader, who keeps his team in line and his buisness running. He hates Fox, and when in battle with him loses himself some to that hate, but otherwise is a pretty relaxed and level headed guy who can put things in perspective. Somewhere between Anti-Hero and Anti-villain.

Either way, I geuss we have differing views on Wolf too.

Maybe not aaaas much...

A lone wolf type, but also a strong leader, who keeps his team in line and his buisness running. He hates Fox, and when in battle with him loses himself some to that hate, but otherwise is a pretty relaxed and level headed guy who can put things in perspective.

Absolutely!

In my movie I wanted to explain where this rivalry of Starfox and Starwolf has its roots and go much deeper into Wolf's psyche.

AGAIN....spoilers....

If I got you interested you should stay tuned for the next few storyboard collages. I think I'll upload the next one in 3 days or something. Took me 3 full months to finish the 2nd act (20 mins).

3rd storyboard collage is finished.

WARNING: HUGE IMAGE

You guys on SFO already know some pics, by the way.

Deviantart description: Finally! Another act is finished! This time I picked some more battle-oriented panels.

Also, Arwing-action, baby!!!

Again, no particular order and feel free to keep guessing what’s happening in those shots.

Sadly, I don't have broadband.....I only have verison....So I don't think I want to click on that just yet..... :P But I'll bet it's good!

Thanks guys!  :)

Oh by the way, yeah, that's the Attack Carrier guy. Couldn't identify his face in the game, that's why I started the other thread ^^'

Why the hell aren't you hired in Nintendo's Art Department?  Seriously, that storyboard is INCREDIBLE, the art style has a unique look to it, and it's overall mind-blowing.  Keep up the amazing work, you'll go places! :lol:

Aw... thank you  :friends:

I won't spoil too much while at the same time I try to answer your questions so I might be a little vague on stuff…. Just so you know.

Leon! I liked Leon in Starfox 64. I liked Leon in Assault.

Undeniably he underwent some really obscure character shift. To come to the point:

I went with the Assault adaptation. Simply because it was better for the relationship with Wolf.

Unlike him, Leon is kind of on edge and hyperactive and has to be restrained by Wolf most of the time. (Yet not even Leon can hold Wolf back when he looses his cool and goes ballistic, but that mostly happens when Fox is around)

Either way, they complete each other and this is why Leon is considered a good and qualified companion by Wolf. I dare say Leon and Wolf’s comradeship is the one main reason Starwolf functions as a team, even if their "friendship" comes off as a very uncaring and anaesthetized in some way. You know, taking into consideration that a whole lot of mistrust is present within the team.

I’ll go deeper into his connection with Falcoin the movie. No more will be said at this point!

As for Pigma…. Why did he betray James? What was his motivation? Money?

Did he simply choose the side of the stronger one, who would be Andross in his eyes?

Was it because things weren’t going well and Pigma felt that he himself was betrayed by James?

Think about it. James decided to raise a son. Was he planning on living the life of a mercenary for all eternity? Is that enough reason to betray a close friend? What were the circumstances? What the HELL is wrong with Pigma?

It’s all up for debate, really.

Either way, under Wolf’s commandership his life hasn’t become any better. Actually, everything’s become worse. Yes, we will see how and why Pigma is kicked out of Starwolf and how he got the scars on his forehead.

Alright… and about Katt… she will make a brief appearance and I will shed some light on how she met Falco. There’s going to be an EXTREMLY important scene about Falco’s past featuring Katt. I don’t think there will be enough time to elaborate on their actual relationship, though.

Good to know Katt's in the movie, I know she is barely in the series but star fox wouldn't be the same without her.

Sure, every character is male for heaven's sake! Katt's goin to bring some feminity into all of this

Sure, every character is male for heaven's sake! Katt's goin to bring some feminity into all of this

Especially considering this was before Krystal was even born.

Thanks for the reply and np! ;) Anyway this sounds VERY promising, I just can't wait until this is out. It's gonna be awesome! And I like what I'm seeing so far with the character development :) You have an interesting way to look and analyse the characters, I like it. :D

Icha-icha, meet R3dfive. He's the creator of the real star fox flash series on SF-O.

Thanks for the reply and np!  Anyway this sounds VERY promising, I just can't wait until this is out. It's gonna be awesome! And I like what I'm seeing so far with the character development  You have an interesting way to look and analyse the characters, I like it. 

Hehe, thank you!

Oh... did already mention that Bill is in this movie, as well and play some very big role?

As you already know Miyu, Fay and Fara are making cameos but that's about it, really.

Hehe, thank you!

Oh... did already mention that Bill is in this movie, as well and play some very big role?

As you already know Miyu, Fay and Fara are making cameos but that's about it, really.

Okay so basically everyone who can be here is here. Now all I can really do is wait. *Shifts chair and starts whistling*

If anyone asks about  :krystal:

Well, of course there ain't no Krystal in here. Not gonna F-Bomb up the canon.

:trollface:

Oh that's great! :) I like those characters! To bad they don't have much cameos in the games anymore :(

If any, we've seen Bill here and there but Fara is stuck in the comic world ever since Krystal came into the picture, I don't know a lot of Fay fans, but Miyu I actually like.

If anyone asks about  :krystal:

Well, of course there ain't no Krystal in here. Not gonna F-Bomb up the canon.

:trollface:

As I 've stated before this takes place before Krystal was born, or when she was very young.

Also I'll give some of Bill men from the Bulldog/Huskey squadron names and personalities.

Sure, they mainly function as red-shirts, but... I hope that's ok, since they get killed of rather easily in the game, too!

Also I'll give some of Bill men from the Bulldog/Huskey squadron names and personalities.

Sure, they mainly function as red-shirts, but... I hope that's ok, since they get killed of rather easily in the game, too!

^AWESOME! :D

On a side note, love the avatar! Slippy looks so cute!