the vertical barrel role

Thu'um

Have you guys ever noticed in star fox assult enemy planes and sta wolf can do a verticlal barrel role or somthing. it pisses me off tell me is it possible to counter them or even preform one?

Have you guys ever noticed in star fox assult enemy planes and sta wolf can do a verticlal barrel role or somthing. it pisses me off tell me is it possible to counter them or even preform one?

You can do it too. Loop+barrel roll at the same time.

Jut use charge lasers, they negate rolls.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay WTF at vertical barrel rolls.

See:

You can do it too. Loop+barrel roll at the same time.

technically, this vertical barrel roll is called a "high yo-yo". It's a utilization of the lift vector to turn in the third dimension relative to your enemy, which, depending on your position and relative speed, can either be an offensive maneuver to gain firing position, or a defensive maneuver to force an overshoot, which is what Star Wolf does.

To counter a defensive yo-yo in real life, there are dozens of possible moves to choose from, depending on your mount's speed, power and maneuverability relative to your enemy. In Starfox, however, I find the best thing to do is a quick loop, followed by a tight turn in the direction your enemy heads in. This will prevent an overshoot and keep you in firing position.

However, if and when I overshoot a hacking Star Wolf member, another one always seems to appear in front of me. At this point, I forget about the one I just overshot and dive in to attack the next one.