Looks, Smarts or Money?

Sabre

Which would you have  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you have

• Looks
    • Smarts
    • Money

I read something today that once again mentioned that idea that having one of the above makes you depressed. There was an idea for this and it seems somewhat consistant with my own experiences.

The idea is that by having X you then compair yourself to people with either extreme X or no X and thus get depressed.

eg. If you are smart, you are in a world of idiots who hate you for being smart. If someone does like you chances are they are using you for their own ends. That and the only people above you are the like of john carmack or fictional characters like monk.

So, if you had to sacrefice happy, which would you go for?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thu'um

• The Shaper

• Sabre

• Konchaski

Smarts. One day it will mean the end for all of you.

Guest Julius Quasar

Smarts, provided it's the Wisdom of Solomon or better.  Looks fade, money comes and goes (goes more easily though) but wisdom....much more valuable, doesn't fade, or get frittered away, or stolen/swindled from ya'...

Smarts, provided it's the Wisdom of Solomon or better.  Looks fade, money comes and goes (goes more easily though) but wisdom....much more valuable, doesn't fade, or get frittered away, or stolen/swindled from ya'...

Unless you count aging and forgetting stuff, or being obselleted by the march of technolagy.

Guest Julius Quasar

Unless you count aging and forgetting stuff, or being obselleted by the march of technolagy.

Oh, yeah, true, plus there's Alzheimmer's as well...my bad (and RIP Ronald Reagan, for that matter).

Knowledge is power, friend.

well being happy beats that so i go for looks. you don't have to be rich or smart to injoy life. I would just like to look good. have plenty of children and sit back and whatch life fly by...but i have all three so what ever

Brain over brawn everyone, although it's better to have both.

him tuff i got all 3 of thoas,

And yet you can't spell or make convincing arguments, AND you're single. But I digress.

I'd want money. Being too smart or looking too good can be bad, a balance must be found. Money can just be spend away on stuff to make life easier/kill boredom, but I don't wanna straight change myself. I look good enough and I have competent intelligence as is, no need.

Well that's easy. I'm already living it. I don't have looks or wealth, and my smarts have made me sad at the world from time to time.

That said, if you're smart enough, you can attain riches and looks won't matter. Heck, you can also attain happiness by being one of those "geniuses who laugh at everything" type of people.

And no, I'm not saying I'm a genius. I'm just saying that it's possible to attain what you want if you have enough smarts and self-awareness.

And yet you can't spell or make convincing arguments, AND you're single. But I digress.

I'd want money. Being too smart or looking too good can be bad, a balance must be found. Money can just be spend away on stuff to make life easier/kill boredom, but I don't wanna straight change myself. I look good enough and I have competent intelligence as is, no need.

You could buy a facelift so with money your so-so looks wouldnt fade as much.

Too much of anything can be bad really, I don't have any of those things, but if I had to choose, I'd want intelligence.

Awwww where's love this poll?

I'll take whatever life has given me so far, which is a little bit of wisdom  :P, I'm not "omfg" smart, I don't consider myself a good looking guy, more like average and.... money, I wish xD.

However, if I had to take one of those three options, without affecting my current self, I'd say money.

Wisdom for me.

not a an opption.

well ,i am scored in the top 5% of the nation on the S.A.T.'s and well spelling,  :hehe: don't remind me. i may single but alot of 15, 16 ,17 ect demand hugs from me when they see me and want me to read them a book ( IT IS REALLY IMBERSING) i hate it when they vist  :( .

well ,i am scored in the top 5% of the nation on the S.A.T.'s and well spelling,  :hehe: don't remind me. i may single but alot of 15, 16 ,17 ect demand hugs from me when they see me and want me to read them a book ( IT IS REALLY IMBERSING) i hate it when they vist  :( .

So if your in the 5% how come you just spelled 3 words wrong.

not a an opption.

This post proves that you lack in the smarts department.

Also, you don't have to be a good speller, if you would use SPELL CHECK, and put a little bit of EFFORT into your posts, no one would look down on your for your shitty spelling.

Have a nice day.

So if your in the 5% how come you just spelled 3 words wrong.

you see i had a very high reading and mathmatics score making up for my spelling  :lol: whtich was a 345  :lol:

definitely smarts because with it, you can obtain the other two and therefor have all three =)

definitely smarts because with it, you can obtain the other two and therefor have all three =)

On paper, yes, in practice, not so much.

Awwww where's love this poll?

I'll take whatever life has given me so far, which is a little bit of wisdom  :P, I'm not "omfg" smart, I don't consider myself a good looking guy, more like average and.... money, I wish xD.

However, if I had to take one of those three options, without affecting my current self, I'd say money.

I took off happy and power. Happy would be an obvious choice because you therefore wouldn't care, and power implies money and smarts.