The Cornerian Complex

Fluxy

"Yeah, we know about that guy.  We just ignore him" Kage said, turning back to the man with the gold.  "Yeah, your money is good here" he stated

"Of course we see him." Calliope says. "As stealthy as he thinks he is, some people keep an eye out for gas leaks."

Calliope points right at the shimmer. "Not the epitome of camouflage to shimmer in the air in an air conditioned mall."

Ketorr just shrugged, then asked, "Is there anything to eat here?"

"What can I do you for?" Chayrlin, who had left the kitchen out of boredom. "I cook most things he tells me too."

"If it's even possible here, I'd like to get a nine-ounce sirloin steak," Ketorr said. Almost immediately afterward, two figures came strolling into the bar. One was a lioness dressed in casual clothes, the other was a human with crimson dragon eyes dressed in similar clothes worn under a multi-pocketed vest.

"How the hell did that guy get past security?" the lioness asked.

"I imagine he did so the same way we did - transporter beam," the human responded as he and the lioness sat at the bar next to Ketorr.

"But wouldn't that draw attention?" the lioness queried.

"Under normal circumstances, it would; but I would surmise that either he beamed in before this place opened, or he beamed in to a place in this complex that no one really pays attention to," the human explained. He looked to Kage. "Sir," he asked, "You have any Whiskey left?"

"I'll just have a cola, seeing that I'm driving home tonight," the lioness added with a bit of a growl directed at the Human.

"Beef. Aye." Chayrlin crosses back into the kitchen, leaving the entering words of the newcomers to grace those who remained's ears.

"Shouldn't you be careful in admitting skipping security?" Calliope asks.

"Yeah, but we have nothing security would have to worry about," the human says. "We both left our weapons back on the Dragon."

"Well... we sent them back after that incident with this... Yaut'ja hunter look-alike," the lioness clarified. "The only person we know that's still armed is our old friend, General K'torr, and he's gone off looking for that hunter."

"Hunter?" Ketorr asked. "This... this hunter, did he travel cloaked? Appearing as nothing more than a shimmer or distorted figure?"

The human frowned, fixing his dragon eyes on Ketorr. "You've seen him?"

"He was just here no more than five minutes ago," Ketorr replied. "I think... he seemed interested in me, though I know not why. That, or someone in this bar." The human inclined his head as he stared Ketorr down.

Finally, he asked, "Who are you?"

"I'm Ketorr... forgive me for not divulging a last name, as I don't seem to have one," Ketorr introduced himself.

The human nodded. "I'm Viktor - this is my girlfriend, Kabier," he said.

Kage nodded to the newcomers, "Got it" he said as he put the drinks on the bar table.  "Ten for the whiskey, three for the cola" He said, going back to dusting his collection of glasses on the shelf behind him.

"That gold is gonna pay for them too. Hell that gold is gonna buy everyone out for a while." Victoria says, already placing another drink order as Bauduin takes another drink.

"I am fine with this."

Chayrlin pokes her head out of the kitchen. "Almost done, darlin. Get him a plate and some utensil's Kage."

Kabier and Viktor both went for their money, saying, "I've got it." Ketorr just patiently waited for his steak as he sipped on his whiskey.

• 8 months later...

(Apologies for the double-post, thought I'd introduce a new character here: http://www.starfox-online.net/forums/topic/9158-marauder-alpha/ )

In the hustle and bustle of Cornerian orbital traffic, a warp signature was detected, but no ship. The signature was consistent with that of a starship dropping out of warp speed, but again, there was no ship visible.

Or so it seemed.

A blue-eyed Cerinian Tiger watched as his ship sailed past the traffic in orbit, heading to the far side of the moon. Once there, he left, gathered his "civilian" gear, dematerializing his armor into his gauntlets - one of which looked to be a Vault-Tec Pip-Boy 3000 - then dressed in a white tee shirt, jeans, and a hunter vest, then stored one of his weapons - an SG9 Raptor Assault Rifle - into the emitters, then headed for the transporter. In orbit, a brief energy spike was detected bouncing off one of the orbiting satellites, but quickly dissipated, making it appear as a random error or energy flux than anything suspicious.

Down planetside, however, a crimson light appeared just outside the Cornerian Supercomplex, deposited the Tiger on the ground, then dissipated. The tiger moved into the complex, got whisked through security in nearly an instant - it would have been an instant had the guard not gotten interested in the Tiger's "Pip-Boy" - and moved into the complex itself. He made a low, barely audible "Mmmmm..." as he looked around slowly.

• 1 year later...

Ansam Sonderust entered a bit weary and stiff. His left shoulder popped as he flexed and bent, twisted his spine as he entered the complex. He made a quick scan to see if there was anyone he knew present inside. Relieved, yet disappointed he stepped in.

• 6 years later...

A fox in a nano suit walked through the doors, it was completely different than when he first arrived all those years ago.

This deserted place.

He walked into the empty bar where it all happened, the drinks, fights, lost friends. He reached under the counter to still find a bottle of Yeager-Meister and a can of red bull in the fridge 'dragon fruit', he thought to himself and sat down at the bar as he mixed the two drinks in a XL beer mug. "I guess this is a form of chasing the dragon.", he would say out loud for no one. As he would take a drink from the mug, he would notice a duffle back half unzipped under the tap. His eyes widened as he saw the duffle bag using his nanos he picked it up and sat it on the bar and opened it up. There it was $11,000 in cash along with a ingot of vibranium and a note. 'Took you long enough ~V'

He smiled as he finished the drink and had his nanos work on the vibranium.