The Journal Zone Rules

"User"

The Journal Zone is the section of SF-O devoted to allowing members to post their own on-going blog or journal.  There are a few rules though that must be followed however when posting:

1.  Obviously, the main posting rules apply with the exception of double posting (see rule #4)

2.  Each member will have one topic.  You can name your topic whatever you'd like as long as it falls in the rules for non-mature sections.

3.  Severe personal drama, as well as "obsessing" in a negative fashion over the same already posted issues may not be in your blog.  We understand you may be going through a really tough time in your life right now but issues like your parents divorcing, financial matters, or real death threats or anything else that constitutes "private personal drama" REALLY shouldn't be brought up on SF-O.  Content that may be constituted as such may be removed at the discretion of the staff.

4.  The Journal Zone will be the ONLY allowable section that members may double post in WITHIN reason.  "Within reason" in this case means the time elapsed between posts.  If you make a post in your blog and you want to revise it shortly afterward (less than a couple of hours) please edit your last post to reflect this instead of making a new post unless you are replying directly to someone else in your blog who may comment.

5.  Things like RPing with yourself, or just rambling on about "nonsense" etc is not allowed.

6.  These rules are not all-inclusive and if I see anything that is clearly and obviously "wrong" and isn't mentioned in the main posting rules or above rules than action might be taken.

If you have any questions, please PM a member of the staff, thanks. :-)

Hey is it okay to talk about school life? I wouldn't be a drama-lama or name names. Just wondering?

Yes, pretty much anything can be discussed as long as it isn't severely drama inducing and follows the above rules.

Guest Julius Quasar

3.  Severe personal drama, as well as "obsessing" in a negative fashion over the same already posted issues may not be in your blog.  We understand you may be going through a really tough time in your life right now but issues like your parents divorcing, financial matters, or real death threats or anything else that constitutes "private personal drama" REALLY shouldn't be brought up on SF-O.  Content that may be constituted as such may be removed at the discretion of the staff.

:trollface:

BUT I JUST ABORTED AN ALIEN FETUS BUT STICKING A FORK UP MY BUTT AND NOW I'M LEAKING BABY OUT MY BUTT AND IT HURTS AND WAAH, GIVE ME SYMPATHY, WAAAAAH!  :P

The Journal Zone is the section of the SF-O devoted to allowing members to post their own on-going blog or journal.

[..]

2.  Each member will have one topic.  You can name your topic whatever you'd like as long as long as it falls in the rules for non-mature sections.

I underlined some things that aren't written properly. :P

I couldn't wait until SF-O had this, and now we do. Awesome! :)

I will start my "journal" sometime tomorrow. ;)

• 1 year later...

Hey, you have said we may create one thread. If for whatever reason we need or wish to start a new thread, can our original one be locked and a new one allowed?

• 3 months later...

Are we allowed to make journals for an RP Char or would that fall under RP'ing with yourself

While I understand that your RP character, online persona, fursona, etc may lead a more interesting and appealing life than yourself no, The Journal Zone is meant for topics regarding the individual who's making the original post. :)

• 1 year later...

I'm writing a wargame system based on the SF series, so I'm hoping to post progress on it in my journal, and then post links when stuff is finished. The project will be free-to-download and non-profit. Is this allowed?

I'm writing a wargame system based on the SF series, so I'm hoping to post progress on it in my journal, and then post links when stuff is finished. The project will be free-to-download and non-profit. Is this allowed?

Yes, it is. Seems more of a Non-StarFox Works topic, though.

Yes, it is. Seems more of a Non-StarFox Works topic, though.

Confirming that yes this is the appropriate course of action. Though if you start a personal journal it would be okay to post about it there, too. If that's all your topic would be about though, better just make a Non-StarFox Works topic. :)

Confirming that yes this is the appropriate course of action. Though if you start a personal journal it would be okay to post about it there, too. If that's all your topic would be about though, better just make a Non-StarFox Works topic. :-)

Are you sure? It's still Star Fox themed...

Are you sure? It's still Star Fox themed...

Star Fox themed isn't at all Star Fox though, unless you can import an Arwing, some characters, or something that would turn it from Star Fox themed to Star Fox fan works.

Star Fox themed isn't at all Star Fox though, unless you can import an Arwing, some characters, or something that would turn it from Star Fox themed to Star Fox fan works.

I'm probably going to shove it into "Non-SF" anyway, because "wargame" doesn't fit into art OR fics really.

Thanks for the advice! :-)