Character of the decade: 2000-2010 (New characters)

Guest Mr. N

Umm...I really don't see how Halo redifined the FPS genre.... *Cough* Goldeneye *Cough*

Made the genre more popular. Back then shooters weren't as popular as the zillion released every year nowdays.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Milkyway64

• Thu'um

• Dublinthefox

• Dragon Fox 05

That's not really "redefining it" though, as Halo is still just point gun at enemy + plus shoot then get some plot.

Half Life is the more correct candidate for genre redefining. It was one of the first to include exploration on a large scale. Metroid Prime pretty much stole this and improved on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E29iOPSxF94&feature=fvw

That's acceptable, though it's a shame more people aren't playing the good games this gen has to offer. That said Wind Waker Ganon was also pretty nice, it actually gave Zelda's Big Bad some sympathetical quality.

Oh? How so? (/was a 12 year old noob at the time)

:ok: s, epic :ok: s.

I'm getting a PS3 this Christmas, so I should be able to get a bunch of actual good games.

character of the decade? My guess is Ramon Salazar from Resident Evil 4.

Don't get your hopes up. After how GameInformer dropped the bomb on RE4 (and 5) I doubt that he'd even be considered.

Because their opinion = god

RE4 was good and RE5 is only a little less so.

Because their opinion = god

RE4 was good and RE5 is only a little less so.

I liked RE4 in all honesty, but all the other guys just seem to follow GameInformer. Whatever GI doesn't think is cool, they don't think is cool. Besides, of all the RE's I've played & seen, RE4 was the only one to actually show a full decapitation.

I liked RE4 in all honesty, but all the other guys just seem to follow GameInformer. Whatever GI doesn't think is cool, they don't think is cool. Besides, of all the RE's I've played & seen, RE4 was the only one to actually show a full decapitation.

All of them have, actually. Or almost all. Aim shotgun up at incoming zombie, decap.

Guest Mr. Mario

All of them have, actually. Or almost all. Aim shotgun up at incoming zombie, decap.

RE4 was the only one to actually show a full decapitation.

I'm not sure if you are talking about zombie decaps or character decaps but I've seen Leon and Jill getting themselves, true that there were full decpas in RE4 for both Leon, Ada and the zombies...well though in RE5 it's either censored or the people were just too "dumb" to work further on the character animations (There is also some problems with lip-syncing.). I've seen some decpas in RE3: Nemisies

I'm not sure if you are talking about zombie decaps or character decaps but I've seen Leon and Jill getting themselves, true that there were full decpas in RE4 for both Leon, Ada and the zombies...well though in RE5 it's either censored or the people were just too "dumb" to work further on the character animations (There is also some problems with lip-syncing.). I've seen some decpas in RE3: Nemisies

This is true, Hunters' signature attack is their OHKO decap swipe. Takes your PC's head right off.

Hunters also happen to be in most of the pre RE4 games too, so...

Speaking of Resident Evil, how could I forget this, pre-Resident Evil 5 Albert Wesker.

I'm talking about character decaps.

i want ot say Solid Snake...but im sure he was there for a while.

Mabye Lucario becasue he wasnt in ANYTHING until the Movie came out and a few episodes on the telivised series.

Thats all i can think up at any rate.

I'm talking about character decaps.

Which there are plenty of. See the brief mention of Hunters above.

We need a poll with the following options:

Krystal

Everything else

I think Krystal will get the majority here.

Which makes me rage like mad.

Which makes me feel good!

Why is that? Or do you LIKE it when half of this site doesn't even know wtf a "character" is?

You know what, this poll would be a very nice gauge of how much of SFO actually thinks/knows good writing and character, and which are furries with a raging boner at the time of entering this topic.

Why is that? Or do you LIKE it when half of this site doesn't even know wtf a "character" is?

You know what, this poll would be a very nice gauge of how much of SFO actually thinks/knows good writing and character, and which are furries with a raging boner at the time of entering this topic.

ru6w6x.jpg

It's just funny how you react. and i am not in the mood to have a debate about what a good character krystal is.

It's just funny how you react. and i am not in the mood to have a debate about what a good character krystal is.

>Implying this hasn't been debated countless times

>Implying a debate is needed

HEY LOOK ADUCK!

NOw that this topic has gone far enoguh out of topic, lets rerail the train

imma hve to put my backings apon kratos the GOD OF WAR. WHO DOES NOT HAVE AN INSIDE VOICE, NOR DOES HE CARE!

um what?

He is saying that you and Milky, Weltzin, Robert and I have been down this road many times before.

HEY LOOK ADUCK!

NOw that this topic has gone far enoguh out of topic, lets rerail the train

imma hve to put my backings apon kratos the GOD OF WAR. WHO DOES NOT HAVE AN INSIDE VOICE, NOR DOES HE CARE!

Kratos is not a character; he is an avatar of mindless destruction and manlinessĀ  O_o

I think my vote goes to Rita Mordio from Tales of Vesperia. She's rad.