Left 4 Dead 2 mod with Kursed in it

Beakwingying

I'm making a mod from Left 4 Dead 2, still struggling with a name, but Kursed and Wolf, as well as Tails, are appearing in it as the main survivors.

And, unlike in the Star Fox games, and in the closed topic about portraying Krystal, she's not any of what's "wrong" with her

The way I'm portraying Kursed, is, yes she has a husband (Their daughter is another survivor), and no she is not dependent on him. Sure, she cries when he dies, and she wants to tell herself it's just a horrible nightmare when she sees his body, and when he's left outside the safe point, she threatens to kill the others. But who wouldn't?

Yet, in the opening cut-scene, she takes down the two strongest infected (Tank and Witch) almost single handed.

Her outfit reveals her tattoos on one arm, and you can see her stomach, she's got Capri's on and Iron Man boots. She has eight rings on, her tail rings, and two earrings in each ear.

When you control her, you can see what's on her rings; two having the Star Fox emblem, and another having the Star Wolf emblem, another is an infinity symbol, one is just a "tribal" one, one is what appears to be a small rodent skull, and one has the infamous L4D hand etched in it, and a "Class of 2154" ring. She has a bracelet on her right arm, a watch on her left (might tell time according to Steam), and she retains her ring-tails from SFA, but with revamped designs.

She will have the most unique animations, and the most ambiguous attitude.

She also can pick up infected's movement faster, she'll make bleak references to Fox, and anytime she refers to either Fox or Panther, she only calls them by their surname with the utmost hatred.

She also develops a want for death, laughing maniacally when she takes down a lot of infected with a chainsaw. She'll freak out when Wolf mentions Fox's name in any conversation, and she says she wants fox to die first when she's low on health.

overall, she's not powerless, useless, emo, or spiteful, but she still hates fox, she loves watching the Zombies die, and wants the chainsaw or crowbar the most (as they give over-the-top gore for those who haven't played L4D2).

Interesting. Despite my dislike for that particular SFC ending, if it's of decent quality, and able to be done server-side, this may be the motivation for me to get the SFO L4D2 server back up.

Now this is something i wasn't Expecting. I happen to be a Fan of l4d2 and It's Gameplay, But you're base on the Daughter is pretty interesting as well.

I've Loved Source games and Have been interested In learning on how to Rig for the engine. But Are you going to be using custom models and animations for the infected as well?

Honestly sounds like a smahingly awesome thing. How far are you into it?

I'm still needing voice actors for

Wolf O'donnell

Miles RyDer

Zoey

Shakirae RyDer

Kursed RyDer

and i'm in the process of miving, so I have no idea what the engine looks like yet, i'm going to need to tweak the engine to add two more survivors, and here's

what's appearing "Furrified"

Boomer

Smoker

tank

Witch

Spitter

common infected

Riot, Worker, and Hazmat infected.

No, they'll have standard animations, but each survivor will have a unique animation to them

Skorpion RyDer will hold all weapons left-handed world view

Kursed throws the defib behind her back and uses her energy to revive someone.

Wolf will hold shotguns with one handed idle

Shakirae will hold Medkits, Assault Rifles, and AED's with one hand

Miles will hold heavy artillery with one hand, and when using Heavy Machine Mounts, he'll hover.

Zoey will stagger and almost crawl when low on health, and she'll hold pills, grenades, and adrenaline shots in her left hand

If you follow Unforeseen-discipline.blogspot.com, I'll post pictures of development and other stuff pertaining to the game.

Anyone got any good ideas for a name?

Would this work on the Mac? I have Left 4 Dead 2 on Mac and would really love to play this mod!

As for a name.......... the only thing that came to mind is "Left Fur Dead", but that sounds kind of corny. :lol:

If you need a voice actor, I'd be up for doing Miles!

how about Kursed with death? or Kursed 4 death?

And might i suggest some sort of Small insignificant animal for the charger? jsut for the Irony?

SFR, I'll keep you in mind for Miles. and I'm tweaking the engine for L4D2, so I'm pretty sure that it'll work on Mac.

I've considered Left 4 Furries, Left Fur Dead, and others referring to L4D2, but they don't have any ring to it, and Left Fur Dead is actually in use.

But, I saw the Project: Kursed trailer, and thought it was cool, even though it doesn't show anything. Props to you, designer...

But I have got an idea for the hunter; it'll be like the CEDA infected. It'll randomly drop a pistol, and even rarer, a Deagle.

If anyone has ideas for names, cover art, campaign art, or easter egg ideas, post them here. I'll be looking here for advice.

and look on my blog (Unforeseen-discipline.blogspot.com) for updates, and reveals.

i dont think the hunter would drop a pistol. These are Parkor practicers who wouldnt burden them selves with guns. i would suggest a med kit, or something like a mini med kit

Hmm... That reminds me, From what I know The Conrerian Soldier's use Futuristic Blasters And L4d2 Use Gun's from our time. I'm postive you would be able to replace the models and sounds, but would you know how to Exactly Change the Color of the particle effects used with the shots?

Also if... It's alright I'd like to give the voice acting a shot as well. ^^'

I'm with DCZ. In spite of the infamy of the Kursed ending I'd like to see your Kursed mod for Left 4 Dead 2.

I'm still needing voice actors for

Wolf O'donnell

Miles RyDer

Zoey

Shakirae RyDer

Kursed RyDer

and i'm in the process of miving, so I have no idea what the engine looks like yet, i'm going to need to tweak the engine to add two more survivors, and here's

what's appearing "Furrified"

Boomer

Smoker

tank

Witch

Spitter

common infected

Riot, Worker, and Hazmat infected.

No, they'll have standard animations, but each survivor will have a unique animation to them

Skorpion RyDer will hold all weapons left-handed world view

Kursed throws the defib behind her back and uses her energy to revive someone.

Wolf will hold shotguns with one handed idle

Shakirae will hold Medkits, Assault Rifles, and AED's with one hand

Miles will hold heavy artillery with one hand, and when using Heavy Machine Mounts, he'll hover.

Zoey will stagger and almost crawl when low on health, and she'll hold pills, grenades, and adrenaline shots in her left hand

If you follow Unforeseen-discipline.blogspot.com, I'll post pictures of development and other stuff pertaining to the game.

Anyone got any good ideas for a name?

If you need a voice actor, I pretty good with Wolf.

SFR, One Wing, Dublin; PM me and I'll give you a practice line, my email address, the basic characteristics of the voices, and instructions on what I'm looking for in the audition line, and how to save it so I can review it.

BW; I'm tweaking the Hunter to be immune to headshots, due to a kevlar helmet, and the Hunter will replace the Military Infected.

The pistols dropped will appear different than the world pistols (those spawned by the AID), and they'll hold 2 more bullets than the normal ones, and you can fix a laser sight to them.

also One Wing, I'm changing the model of the AK-47 to a Half-life AR2, but I'll gladly take idead for some other tweaks to stuff. (Unlimited chainsaw doesn't count.)

If anyone has a good idea for a name, PM me, or post it on my blog. See below.

And i'll need help with modeling the characters, so if anyone can work with ANY modeling program out that works with .mdl, .phy, dx80, dx90, and .vvd files, I'll send you pictures of the characters and my e-mail address.

I'll try to keep in touch with those who want to help on this project.

and also, if anyone can write music via computer, I need a composer for the songs.

Well, Sadly .mdl Files and the other miles for the models Can't really be modified Without them Being Decompiled first. But Left 4 Dead 2 works Much Differently From the Source engine I've modified in the past, So it might be different Though I'm assuming it works the same way.

If you can Add me on Steam, I can try and give you a good explanation on how Meshes can be integrated from a modeling program, But I sadly don't know how to Rig nor can a Model very well.

you go to my Steam profile by clicking this link.

Hmm... I was hoping to see more Canon characters, not so many fan characters.

If you intended to make it a more general furry game, why even include SF characters?

Sure is furry fanfic crossover in here.

Really, this reeks of fanspunk of the highest quality, and to boot it misses the point of Left 4 Dead. And -noone- can take down a Tank head on single handedly, so way to make Krystal in a godmodesue. You say she isn't emo, but oh boy here she is shitting all over Fox, and not to mention has generic brand blood fueled craziness with a chainsaw. And thats not even getting into guys who use heavy artillery with one freakin hand, but thats mostly because you havent actually told us anything about these Unique Little Snowflakes of original characters.

Also, the amount of custom animations you want is hugely demanding. Are you sure you aren't in over your head? This sounds like it would need an entire team to work on.

Got freakin' ninja'd by Rob, but I restate everything he said. Most importantly, I wanna say the following;

And, unlike in the Star Fox games, and in the closed topic about portraying Krystal, she's not any of what's "wrong" with her

Freaking bull. You just took everything that shat on what character Krystal had and took it to an 11. Angsty, emo tendencies? Check. Psychopath? Check. Gratuitous fanservice (owaitkrystalhadthisanyway) check. Interesting character? ...Not check.

And NO ONE can take a tank and witch at the same time. I don't care HOW obsessed you are with Krystal, she's not a freakin' superhero. If you want this to be believable at all, the least you could do is add a bit of developement and characterization, and same goes for the rest of these characters. They make vanilla StarFox characters look DEEP.

You know, I'm just gonna stop here. Robert's post took everything I wanted to say and put it into a nice, short post.

Hmm... I was hoping to see more Canon characters, not so many fan characters.

If you intended to make it a more general furry game, why even include SF characters?

Well, it might have more Characters show up later on. And The story is in way Sticking to cannon so at least It's not completely far off.

Well, it might have more Characters show up later on. And The story is in way Sticking to cannon so at least It's not completely far off.

Doubt it, and from what I know, not at all. The only things similar are vague references and names, the characters themselves seem nothing like their canon presentations.

Sure is furry fanfic crossover in here.

It's not a general furry game, just a branch for an entire VG I was starting from scratch.

and only Skorpion and Shakirae are made up;

Zoey is from L4D1

Wolf and Kursed, of course, you know...

Miles is from Sonic the Hedgehog (Tails?)

The files for Kursed are referring to her as an assassin (kombine), and she's going to have her infamous purple hair.

The files for Miles are referring to his knack with building (techie), and he's silver instead of orange (so as not to be recognized).

The files for Wolf are referring to his abilities (cyborg) and he's actually being more revealing than Krystal will EVER be (no shirt).

The files for Zoey are reffering to her game (teenagst) and she's furrified, wearing Bill's jacket

Skorpion (profess) is green, has a metal leg, cybernetic arm, projected eye, and he's got battle scars from pre-infection

Shakirae (fassassin) is wearing a t-shirt and a tanktop advertising Green Day. She's Krystal all over again, but she's white with red eyes.

And I guess it is a "furry fanfic cross over"...

I had this idea to do a campaign mirroring D. Center (l4d2) and have Fox with similar abilities to Jimmy Gibbs Jr.;

infected, much to Kursed's delight.

Should I do it? they steal an Arwing to get away...

odd... wasn't Jimmy Gibb's was Cut from the game?

He's a rare uncommon infected in the mall campaign, shows up randomly in the finalle. He has a ton of HP but otherwise is a common infected.

He's still in the game, with a 5% chance of spawning in The Atrium Finale in D. Center

Also, i for got to put this up earlier;

Kursed, ALMOST how she's appearing in game. Take the scarf off, and the lightsaber

Krystalcombat.png

when I get my REAL computer, i'll tweak her, and post the other five survivors.

It's not a general furry game, just a branch for an entire VG I was starting from scratch.

and only Skorpion and Shakirae are made up;

Zoey is from L4D1

Wolf and Kursed, of course, you know...

Miles is from Sonic the Hedgehog (Tails?)

The files for Kursed are referring to her as an assassin (kombine), and she's going to have her infamous purple hair.

The files for Miles are referring to his knack with building (techie), and he's silver instead of orange (so as not to be recognized).

The files for Wolf are referring to his abilities (cyborg) and he's actually being more revealing than Krystal will EVER be (no shirt).

The files for Zoey are reffering to her game (teenagst) and she's furrified, wearing Bill's jacket

Skorpion (profess) is green, has a metal leg, cybernetic arm, projected eye, and he's got battle scars from pre-infection

Shakirae (fassassin) is wearing a t-shirt and a tanktop advertising Green Day. She's Krystal all over again, but she's white with red eyes.

And I guess it is a "furry fanfic cross over"...

I had this idea to do a campaign mirroring D. Center (l4d2) and have Fox with similar abilities to Jimmy Gibbs Jr.;

infected, much to Kursed's delight.

Should I do it? they steal an Arwing to get away...

Oh boy.

1: Sonic character in a modded zombie game with Starfox characters. How is this not furry crossover bull again?

2: Said Sonic character getting the same "badass treatment". And its -Tails-.

3: Zoey. Teenangst. What is this I don't even. Why is she an anthro? Why does she have Bill's jacket? Why is she even here but not Francis/Louis/Ellis/Coach/Rochelle/Nick/Bill?

4: Whats up with these OCs? We already have 4 survivors anyway. Furthermore, whats their backstory? Where is the game even taking place at? Whose canon are you following?

5: Why is Fox a zombie? I geuss its kinda lulzy, but hurrrdurrrr emoragecrazy Krystal ruins the lulz of it.

A stupid furry/Starfox mod for L4D is fine and all, but really. It should be the standard Starfox team kind of mod. (Fox/Falco/Peppy/Slippy all stealing a race care = lawlz) Instead you give us unoriginal furry nonsense that doesnt pay respects to any of the canon it borrows from.

He's still in the game, with a 5% chance of spawning in The Atrium Finale in D. Center

Also, i for got to put this up earlier;

Kursed, ALMOST how she's appearing in game. Take the scarf off, and the lightsaber

Krystalcombat.png

when I get my REAL computer, i'll tweak her, and post the other five survivors.

Does she steal her clothing from Star Wars characters regularly?