SFO Commune

Sabre

People have a hard time finding Starfox games. I come across them occationally, and often fairly cheap (if mistreated). I'm one of the few SFO members in the pal region however. Even so, what do you think of the idea of getting all communist.

Even so, spending £20 on a game I already have to share with others is a bad idea, but spending £2-3 shouldn't be a problem. The only issue would be people swiping the game to put on Ebay. Much like anime in the VHS days we can pass them around like the flu. True, one person would technically own it, but again like anime, you would get to see all the shows rather then the 1 you paid through the nose to get.

There is a chance that they will get the crap beat out of them, lost in the post, "lost in the post" (despite said person now coincidently owning a copy) or simply stolen like that little git and my visionaries tape. As such I recommend only doing this with cheap ones in sub par condition and only to active memebers (500+ posts say).

I stress this point, no mint condition ebay purchases. Rather ones you see for coppers at carboot sales that appear to have been dipped in tea and sat on. The games inside still work, but being cheap and not in collectable condition means next to no loss in the worst case scenario.

Thoughts?

Wait, so you're proposing a pool of SF games that are owned by the community and mailed to different people?

I'm not feeling it. A tracking system would need to be implemented, and the risk is too high of the games disappearing.

SF64 is on WiiVC, and about to get the port/upgrade/rerelease treatment on the 3DS. SF1 is still floating around in abundance, as are SFAd and SFAs. I imagine SFC is as well.

There are also potential legal issues.

We do stuff like that at the flipping arena. Pass arounds. Someone gets a new balisong, we send it around the country for reviews and videos. It's worked with a lot of $200+ knives.

This'd be awesome, if not for shipping fee's. I have the "flea market" I can visit, with a high abundance of cheap games. Although I don't think I'd be of much help if this where to fly, pretty sure the majority of the people here live in the U.S. which means it'd have to cross the border making shipping fee's probably go up.

This'd be awesome, if not for shipping fee's. I have the "flea market" I can visit, with a high abundance of cheap games. Although I don't think I'd be of much help if this where to fly, pretty sure the majority of the people here live in the U.S. which means it'd have to cross the border making shipping fee's probably go up.

Those "flat rate" USPS boxes that are like $5.00? Jump up to $50 and some change if you try to ship them internationally. :x So yeah, that's kinda a pain.

Despite the difficulties, I could contribute if I had the cash. There's an independent used game store in my area with at least 4 copies of SNES Starfox and SF64.

Yeah, this isn't worth it. I had forgotten about shipping costs, which combined when the issues I mentioned earlier, give this a big fat NO. Even if the recipient paid the shipping, it'd be stupid because you can buy the games locally for cheaper than some shipping costs.

The games aren't that hard to come-by anyway. It isn't inredibly difficult to find SFC, SFAs and SFAd in used game stores. SF64 is easy as crap to get on VC, and is about to get a new lease on life on the 3DS, and the n64 version is floating around in classic used game stores. SF1 is easy to find on ebay, and likely used game stores that carry SNES games. And then there's ebay. All of the games are easy to find on ebay.

Yea. The only reason why our (flipping arena) pass arounds work well is because these knives are worth 6 new games and most people can't get there hands on them often.