Forum Feature Requests

DZComposer

• 10 months later...

I am definitely for the gender feature, too.

I also think it would be cool if there was a quick reply box at the bottom of the thread, so you can save some time.

Gender might be possible with the custom profile entries mod I installed yesterday. I'll look into it.

There already is a quick reply (it's been there since we moved to SMF), but it is collapsed by default. Look at the bottom of the page on the left. Just above "Black-Rain Theme by Crip." Click it to expand it and it should stay expanded.

I see nothing but blank space above that line.  What exactly am I supposed to click on?

EDIT:  Never mind, I went to my profile and changed it.

• 2 years later...

A system where if you don't get the CAPRTCHA right (the thing with words) then you don't lose everything you've written.

I can't change that, it's the way it's coded.

But after you hit 5 post you should not have to answer a captcha anymore.

While that suggestion requires no modding, I'm not too fond of it. It sounds like something that could create more harm than good.

It would make this a "tiered forum." Having it exclusive to only those who joined during a certian period of time is not going to work as it will create jealosy among newer members and my PM box will become floodded with requests of how to get in.

Even if I established ranks and allowed people to enter it after a certian post count, it won't stop anything if there was a problem.

Also, what would be discussed in these forums? It would likely either be a dead forum or it would have duplicate threads, for the most part, of ones on the main boards.

Exclusivity (coupled with corrupt admins) is what killed lylat.net.

SFO will only grow once the site is back up and SFDS comes out. I want to welcome new members, not make them feel like they don't belong because they discovered SFO too late and can't join an "exclusive club."

It makes newer members look like 2nd-class members and I do not approve of discrimination like that.

how about a music player that plays  friendly  rule approved adn requested music with a  on and off button.

http://jukebox.starfox-online.net

For copyright reasons, there will be no other music on the site other than Star Fox music.

http://jukebox.starfox-online.net

For copyright reasons, there will be no other music on the site other than Star Fox music.

could you provide a spot on the forums where this link would lead us to this? or is it on the main site?

It's one of the top menu links on the main site.

New icons? Like maybe Pepper, Pigma, or even James? :cool:

New icons? Like maybe Pepper, Pigma, or even James? :cool:

It would indeed be nice to have some extra icons, and a few more smilies in general. Tough I'm not sure where we can get them from.

It would indeed be nice to have some extra icons, and a few more smilies in general. Tough I'm not sure where we can get them from.

We can make our own, can't we?

We can make our own, can't we?

Yes we could, if we knew how to make them look somewhat decent.

I can't, never been good at sprites.

• 2 months later...

Spoilers, and those new spoilers that collapse into a small line when they hide there content. It makes it multi-purpose that way.

Its a little bit more dignified then writing

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

lpso lipso

I just have a suggestion.

It's not practically a 'feature', but more of like a 'helper'

In the 'Unread posts since last visit' page, I suggest putting an 'All' button if there are 4 or more pages, just like in topics, so that users will see all unread posts in one page. It will be a long page, of course, but it saves the time you take when clicking '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', and so on.

Spoilers, and those new spoilers that collapse into a small line when they hide there content. It makes it multi-purpose that way.

Its a little bit more dignified then writing

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

lpso lipso

This feature

already exists

(hover your mouse over the blank)

EDIT: Hmm... Looks like I have to change the BG color on that.

EDIT2: Fix'd

[spoiler]
Spoiler text goes here
[/spoiler]

I just have a suggestion.

It's not practically a 'feature', but more of like a 'helper'

In the 'Unread posts since last visit' page, I suggest putting an 'All' button if there are 4 or more pages, just like in topics, so that users will see all unread posts in one page. It will be a long page, of course, but it saves the time you take when clicking '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', and so on.

That requires diging in the php. There is not enough benefit to justify the work.

^ That's a pretty nifty function! I'll probably find somewhere to put it to use.

On a side note, DRL and have put together a couple of emoticons which I think would make a nice addition to the forum.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6892.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;a

^ That's a pretty nifty function! I'll probably find somewhere to put it to use.

On a side note, DRL and have put together a couple of emoticons which I think would make a nice addition to the forum.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6892.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;aindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=6869.0;a

Aww, I wish my home-made emoticon could be used here too.. :?

I am still getting the 'you-are-cool' feeling simply

because you are saying I did a good job.

(And by the way I think the emoticon you made

would be a cool addition too.)

I think the key would be:

:xd:

:eehh:

:uhh:

:james:

:kursed:

:pinkkatt:

In the same order that

Asper posted them.

No shoutbox. It invites spam, and it was how the KLA was "hacked." The so-called hacker dropped a JS redirect into a shout.

Lol I remember that, even if it happened more then 4 years ago.  That's since been patched up so it can't happen again with the latest version of TinyPortal.

DZ, I PM'd you all those Krystal smilies, any chance they could be added to the forum? You've already got the KLA big wig's permission

I suggest having an emo-maker, so users can make their own emoticons for use in this forum. Like, the users will draw the emoticon they want and once approved by the staff, it will be resized into a regular emoticon-size icon, then it can be used as an emoticon!

I know this COULD invite Spam, so the staff will need to approve the emoticon first.

Well, just a suggestion, though, not forcing you..

I do not think such a mod exists. If you want a custom smilie, just make it in an image editor, upload it somewhere, and post it using tags.

Yes what DZ said. If you take a look in "The Next Generation" roleplay, you will see I use that method to distinguish one specific character from the rest I play as.

Fenris-iicon.gif

I use Photobucket for this kind of stuff, but it's also as simple as attaching it to your post somewhere in the forum, and find the image adress to them from there by right-clicking on them. As most emoticons are very small, they don't take a lot of space, so we're fine with that.

Maybe I should create a 'emoticon'

thread. We attach any self-made

emoticons there, making it possible

to find & use them easily.