Forum Feature Requests

DZComposer

Although we would still need to upload our work somewhere and put the link in a PM to an admin as we wouldn't have the approval to upload then.

I say use imgur for that. They don't care what you upload.

As far as SF-O galleries, I have an idea already about how I want that to work.

I say use imgur for that. They don't care what you upload.

As far as SF-O galleries, I have an idea already about how I want that to work.

Awesome! Anything we can know?

Oh, OH...don't know if it supported, but, people should get brownie points for the number of likes the recieve for instance: i DZ's suggestion of Imgur and i hit the like button that equals +1.

Hidi likes it too...thats +2.

Over several months of activity. DZ garners +1382 for his brillant posts across the boards.

Once again i don't know if its supported but earning things of merit can keep members new members coming back for more.

It's called "karma," and we don't use it because people inevitably complain when they don't have the karma they think they should have. IPB does have a karma system, but we don't use it.

I was holding off on this one for a while, and it is rather complicated to do, but here goes. On the RuneScape forums (Yes, I'm sorry, I mentioned it), under their user content profiles, you can find a post which the user has posted in, and you can select "View User's Posts" which displays all the posts they have made in that thread. From there, you can click a link beside the post to view it in-thread rather than trying to find it through a massive thread.

Not sure if that's possible, but it can be a helpful tool from time-to-time.

I got a possibly easy one. I would like to see a "Skip to Last Page" function on the mobile app if you have time to work on something like that. I see threads all the time on here that have 90+ pages that I would like to respond to but don't want to hit "next" all those times

(forgive me if this function is currently in place and I just haven't found it yet)

Shucks, oh well. I actually wasn't sure who controlled the mobile version (wait, there's an app?)

Indeed there is. But I reccomend saving the memory and just using the mobile version in your browser, because they're basically the same thing.

• 1 month later...

I actually was unaware of that feature, but it looks like a BBCode, so no, it won't send you a notification. And it is probably best that it didn't. I know I do not want a notification every time someone uses my name.

If you want to contact someone, send a PM. That carries a notification along with it.

Over on some other forums that actually does send a notification to someone. I think it's a setting of course, but it can, I guess is what I mean.

A nice little feature but yeah, it could get annoying.

If you want that kind of notification, you can always subscribe to the thread. You can make it just forum notify you instead of email under "Notification Options" in "My Settings."

• 1 year later...

I officially propose a re-institution of the Name Change feature on SF-O. That way instead of having to ask an admin, we'd be able to do it ourselves. The reason being for convenience, time, and so that anyone who has had a name for awhile that they feel no longer represents their online identity can change it easily to anything they want. We've had it before, and it was removed due to confusion, but on peoples profiles there is an option that says "Display name history" that gives a list of aliases people have used in the past. I agree it shouldn't be overused (even if I do that all the time on Steam, so maybe I shouldn't), but it should still be an option that we have if we so choose.

• Like 1

It wasn't removed due to "confusion", it was removed due to abuse, and is also the reason you can no longer PM an admin about changing your display name.

and is also the reason you can no longer PM an admin about changing your display name.

Yes, and the rational for that also confuses me. We shouldn't be locked to a specific name for all eternity because it's flat out banned. From what I understand it was being handled on more a case-by-case basis, which even if we aren't allowed to change our names without staff intervention makes more sense than just not being able to.

Also, brief side-note, I myself am not looking for a name change, nor am I asking for one on the behalf of someone else, but I still think it's a choice we should have on some level.

I'm agreeing with Shaper on the name changing. Being stuck with a name forever seems a bit silly. People change their opinions on their title. Granted I can understand that it was removed by reasons of abuse. Yet what if we say limited to one or two changes per year? It gives the members the convenience of the name change and doesn't hassle the Admins too much.

Now for the reason I came here.'

Can we please, for all that is good in this world, change the text box so it doesn't have a blinding, white background. When I'm trying to type after 9:00 pm in the dark, sometimes I get this strong headache from looking at the text box. I have no clue if its only for some users but it's really annoying for the number of us that have this problem.

Can we please, for all that is good in this world, change the text box so it doesn't have a blinding, white background. When I'm trying to type after 9:00 pm in the dark, sometimes I get this strong headache from looking at the text box. I have no clue if its only for some users but it's really annoying for the number of us that have this problem.

Just turn BB Code Mode on - it makes the text box dark grey. You'll just have to memorize the codes you need for your text colour or input them in outside of BB Mode.

Just turn BB Code Mode on - it makes the text box dark grey. You'll just have to memorize the codes you need for your text colour or input them in outside of BB Mode.

It would be more of a convenience if the box itself was back to when both the regular and the BBCode text boxes were dark grey/black. 

IPB 4 is dropping within the next couple of months. When it does, the whole theme will need to be re-written from the ground-up because 3.x themes will be completely incompatible with 4.x. As a result, I am not putting any more development work into this 3.x theme unless something is broken. By broken, I mean unusable.

I know the white textarea is a bit annoying, but fixing it is a bit of a headache because of the way the editor is coded.

Please bring back SFOconomy! I never got to try it out in-depth when I first joined!