Casey Haynes

Sabre

While news junkies are going on about japan, there is another story in the news that is allegedly getting more views. The video of Casey Haynes, a fat kid who is getting bullied when he suddenly picks up the bully and slams him to the concrete so hard the bully has to limp away. The original video is being pulled and reposted from pretty much everywhere making exact viewing figures unknown, and also meaning I can't link it. Google Casey Haynes Video or Casey Slams Bully and I'm sure you will find it.

Everybody seems to have an opinion on this, and has even spawned a couple of memes. There seems to be 3 main camps on this. The people who are pro Casey (myself included) cheering on a guy who taught a bully a lesson in the only language they understand. The anti Casey idealists who believe that violence is never the answer and Casey should have just taken the beating. And finally those who believe that the school system is to blame for allowing something like this to happen at all.

Personally, I'm glad the kid got slammed. Obviously they he was doing this just to youtube it and didn't expect his own ass to get whooped. You heard casey's parents are getting sued? That's a crock of shit.

The people who are pro Casey (myself included) cheering on a guy who taught a bully a lesson in the only language they understand.

*Starts talking about his past like an old man*

I'm pro Casey too then. I always loved slamming bullies against walls ( and then throwing a punch or two against their faces ). Back in school, they tried to bully me because of my long hair, taste in music and the fact that I'm really a nice person. Their logic was something on the lines of "He has long hair, so he's weak and stupid". What an idiotic way to choose a target... really!

They were what we Italians call truzzi, plural of truzzo. To not be confused with struzzo, that means ostrich.

The best day was when they discovered that all you get by violently pulling my hair is a broken nose and a free flight into the stratosphere.

Aaaanyway, going back on topic...

The anti Casey idealists who believe that violence is never the answer and Casey should have just taken the beating.

Really? I know a lot of people that would say the exact same thing. Taking a beating from bullies without trying to punch back makes things worse actually ( well, even punching back can sometimes makes things worse ). The more you get beaten, the more bullies you will have around trying to do the same. The reason? They think it's fun because you don't fight back.

*Starts talking about his past like an old man*

I'm pro Casey too then. I always loved slamming bullies against walls ( and then throwing a punch or two against their faces ). Back in school, they tried to bully me because of my long hair, taste in music and the fact that I'm really a nice person. Their logic was something on the lines of "He has long hair, so he's weak and stupid". What an idiotic way to choose a target... really!

They were what we Italians call truzzi, plural of truzzo. To not be confused with struzzo, that means ostrich.

The best day was when they discovered that all you get by violently pulling my hair is a broken nose and a free flight into the stratosphere.

Aaaanyway, going back on topic...

Really? I know a lot of people that would say the exact same thing. Taking a beating from bullies without trying to punch back makes things worse actually ( well, even punching back can sometimes makes things worse ). The more you get beaten, the more bullies you will have around trying to do the same. The reason? They think it's fun because you don't fight back.

You're from Italy? Cool. Anyway, self defense here in America isn't recognized. At least where I live.

Bullies need to get whats coming to them (within Moderation).

You want to fight and punch people. You should be prepared to fight someone who is stronger than you and loose.

/Discussion

Personally, I'm glad the kid got slammed. Obviously they he was doing this just to youtube it and didn't expect his own ass to get whooped. You heard casey's parents are getting sued? That's a crock of shit.

I second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth that view!!

Why the he@# would they have the right to sue Casey's parents when it was Richard who started the whole fight, it was Richard who perpetuated a continued atrocity still exhibited in schoolyards all over the world, and it was Richard who backed Casey into a wall leaving him helpless after Casey had taken enough of that crap?

Some people under estimate the strength of other people.

I pretty sure he can say he did it out of self-defense(although a lot of schools says there shouldn't be).

Well, at least teachers don't say that bullying is a part of "growing up" anymore (I Think).

EDIT: After watching it again I see a teacher in the background who pretty much saw the whole thing and just stood there.

http://img854.imageshack.us/i/7y1.mp4/

*leaves and whistles innocently*

:lolhyst: :lolhyst: :lolhyst: :lolhyst: :lolhyst: :lolhyst: :lolhyst: :lolhyst:

Anyways heres a link to the real video(hope I don't get in trouble):

http://www.break.com/fights/chubby-kid-snaps-and-slams-bully-2023531

I agree, but If you're talking about physical strength, then that kid was just fucking stupid.

How can you underestimate the strength of someone that is four/five times bigger then you?

I mean, look a the little bully! He's just a little pile of fragile bones barely standing on his feet compared to Casey.

Yeah, apparently the kid has been demonized unjustly or some crap.

I pretty sure he can say he did it out of self-defense(although a lot of schools says there shouldn't be).

Well, at least teachers don't say that bullying is a part of "growing up" anymore (I Think).

EDIT: After watching it again I see a teacher in the background who pretty much saw the whole thing and just stood there.

Only stepping in when the bully gets hurt.

In my day bullying was "solved" through "mediation" which is dumb, but any agreements would be instantly broken the second we were out of the office.

I agree, but If you're talking about physical strength, then that kid was just fucking stupid.

How can you underestimate the strength of someone that is four/five times bigger then you?

I mean, look a the little bully! He's just a little pile of fragile bones barely standing on his feet compared to Casey.

I think he was relying on his bigger friend/brother/whoever to keep casey in line, which didn't work.

Skinny kid deserved what he got. And that teacher needed to wake up. What a disappointment that she never did the right thing...

I'm going Pro-Casey here; it's ridiculous that anyone can even think of siding with that other dumbass. He got what was coming to him, and if the education system is too chicken-shit to intervene when things are going on, then we need some serious intervention.

And that link that Milky posted was hilarious :)

Haters gonna hate...

I work at an alternative school IRL, and a lot of kids like that little guy are there. Alternative school, by the way, is a school for high schoolers who are on their last legs and would otherwise drop out.

Anyway, the kids like the bully who are there don't speak the same language that more "civilized" people do. Almost everything is based on animal instinct and feelings of revenge and dominance. What they do understand, however, is physical force and presence. If you beat someone up bad enough, they start to respect you and they don't mess with you again. You can be sure the little kid isn't going to mess with Casey again, although his parents will probably create an atmosphere where he still thinks he was right and Casey was wrong. If his parents weren't asshole retards, he might have even come to respect Casey as a friend and possibly even stand up for him. That's not going to happen now, but whatever. People are self-centered sue-happy wusses these days, and it's really starting to make conflicts harder to solve.

Maybe this doesn't belong in "The Counter-Point." We all seem to agree.

Maybe this doesn't belong in "The Counter-Point." We all seem to agree.

Seems to be quite devicive elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...