what is better

that raccoon

Oh man, this topic takes me back; when I first started here I tried the same topic and it became a great success :D. Personally I have to agree with ZM Anonymous, though of the choices I'd go with Assault; it's more of a Star Fox game than Adventures is. Also, try using proper punctuation, grammar, and complete sentences that raccoon; it will help out in the long run! :)

neither. SF64

Even though I think SF64 is much better than both Adventures and Assault, that's out of the scope of his question :)

I prefer Assault over Adventures.

In my opinion I think each one had what the other one didn't. For Adventures, it had the best visuals in terms of character design as well as its voice acting......except for Tricky, but it only had a few side quests and lacked replay value. As for Assault, it didn't succeed the visuals of that of adventures but made up for it by having multiplayer and replayable missions.

Overall, I'd have to give a landslide win to Assault. While the visuals weren't quite as stunning, Adventure was an adventure/puzzle game in the style of Zelda. Good visuals is one of the staples of that kind of game. With Assault, the focus was on other things.

The story makes a lot more sense for the series, and is a bit darker, and certain... irritating aspects of Adventures are, for the most part, absent. The voice acting is (in my opinion), superb compared to Adventures for the most part.

And, of course, the gameplay goes back to classic Starfox style - with some new elements added with on-foot gameplay.

Adventures. Assault was just terribly clunky, poorly designed, lazily made, and has nothing of value. Adventures may be a Zelda clone, but its a well made Zelda clone.

Adventures is better.

Adventures- 9/10

Assault- 7.5/10

Assault is the best for me, no contest. Though I love all 3 StarFox games (64, Adventures, & Assault), Assault is just my favorite.

Best of all! My fave of 'em is Adventures.

Adventures maybe, i havent played assault so i wouldn't know. The sharpclaw were pesky little blighters though.

Adventures wins by but a hair for me! k_e_smile.gif

Both are great games, but Adventures is just, I dunno, more interesting to me (But just a bit :))

SF64 isn't even an option.

Adventures. Assault was just terribly clunky, poorly designed, lazily made, and has nothing of value. Adventures may be a Zelda clone, but its a well made Zelda clone.

You forgot Krystal, the character that attracted and retained the majority of the current SF fanbase. :P

She's a character, i don't know, i haven't really considered the issue.

She's a character, i don't know, i haven't really considered the issue.

And seeing as you're writing about this series... =V

I WAS, keyword, but the Undisputed series, as people pointed out, will likely burn because it's Focused on an Original Character. So I'm turning my attention to my crossover, which is the one i'm more interested in anyway, hmm.

I like both games for different reasons: Adventures is an action/adventure game, while Assault is definitely more action oriented. If you wanna know which one do I like or play the most... I guess that depends on the mood I'm in and the time I can dedicate to gaming at a given moment.

• 3 months later...

Adventures has better graphics, Assualt better weapon selection, Adventures storyline, Assualt multiplayer, Adventures gameplay, Assualt Landmaster, all in all

It is what you are looking for in a game. me Adventures

Adventures has better graphics, Assualt better weapon selection, Adventures storyline, Assualt multiplayer, Adventures gameplay, Assualt Landmaster, all in all

It is what you are looking for in a game. me Adventures

*applauds* well done Zack