what is better

that raccoon

Fact, this is a personal opinion:

Adventures: oh my god NO. No.no.

Zelda clone? it's more like zelda for beginnings, taking in consideration that most zelda games are easy by default. Everything on the game could have been better, minus graphics, those were fair enough for a game like Adventures (fur, grass, everything was candylooking back on the days). I completely hated how the game handled the combat system, it could have been so much better if it had mimicked that of zelda's, instead of using a "combo" system. Flying missions weren't that bad actually, just really unpolished and kinda pointless to do, they felt like fillers in the game. The staff powers weren't that bad either, but still, certainly, more mechanics were needed. Most of the game felt focused on kids or newcomers instead of old starfox veterans, from my humble point of view, of course.Music, 50% of the music felt out of place, but I dare to say I'm extremely biased on this since I was never fond on how Rare handled tunes. And well, length of the game was pretty pathetic too.

Oh and how can we forget the fact that this game introduced Krystal, which upped the fandom reeeeeally fast, specially after the majority of furry artists decided to draw her in many "creative" ways. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Adventures, but since we are comparing it to Assault,I gotta put my reasons up.

/Rant

Assault:Fairly ok.

I actually enjoyed assault a bit, specially since it brought me countless of days of crazy gaming with that orbital gate mission when we had the orbital score madness here on sfo. Foot missions were fairly fine too, but the weapon selection was kinda dumb, specially for multiplayer. Arwing missions felt inferior to those on the N64, but still, fun to play. The combo system kinda sorta gave the game a lot of replay value. Multiplayer was kinda lame, kinda average, but still, it was the best Starfox multiplayer game from that era (considering that the N64 had a really simple multiplayer), Wolf was extremely overpowered on multiplayer too, while most of the other characters did have some sort of weakness.

I personally think Assault would have been so much better with 5 more missions and a more polished multiplayer. Yes, the foot missions felt kinda sorta like controlling a robot, but eh, that's the risk for trying something new.

Quite the "pick your poison" question, if you ask me.

I do own Adventures, but I haven't touched it in 4 years (I think that speaks for itself); I've rented Assault as a kid, and relished the multiplayer (the only redeeming quality the game had, in my opinion).

If I had to pick out of the two, it'd probably be Assault, just because its more Star Fox than Adventures is ('cause if I wanted to play Zelda, I'd pop in a Zelda game!); something I'm sure everybody's heard a million times over...

(But... if I could pick 'any' Star Fox game... :P)

I'd have to say adventures, because to me there was some thought, effort, and time put into the game. Where as assault just seemed just to rushed, like a fan service game.

How have I never posted in here?

Adventures. No contest whatsoever in anyway at all, ever.

Assault.

Oh, and to add something to my previous ‘‘pro-Adventures’’ post…

I really don't care for Assault anymore. When I first got it two years ago I thought it was glorious, but since then whenever I try to play it I just cannot bring myself to finish a mission…on foot, of course. Those were the worst parts, and the shame of it is there were so few on-rails Arwing missions… :(

Still, I'll always have a place in my heart for Assault because of Sargasso Hideout. I had the most fun on that one mission. :)

Assault. It stayed true to Starfox as much as it could while trying to re-cooperate from what Adventures had done to the series. I like Starfox for Starfox, not for it being Zelda-like. Adventures had it's strong points and I loved the Arwing segments, though I hated the art direction of them [everything being so rounded and toy-like in appearance] and how painfully dumbed down everything was. Neither really had any replay value, but Assault has one thing over Adventures in regards to that, and that was the ability to pick a specific level/mission once the main game had been completed, along with a few multiplayer maps. Assault also had difficulty settings, which was nice to see again after Adventures.

Adventures had it's strong points and I loved the Arwing segments, though I hated the art direction of them [everything being so rounded and toy-like in appearance]

I thought it was an improvement over Assault's. The character models had more of a fluid animation and showed more expression. The ones in Assault in my opinion looked more toy like.

Metal Gear solid is the better game

:trollface:

• 1 month later...

I've seen Assault been played, i've played adventures. I'm going to get Assault actually soon enough, but from what i know, probably assault. yeah

Old topic, yeah, but I prefer Assault. Adventures is almost unbearable for me to play now. It's extremely tedious,

But 64 and Command are much better games in my opinion.

Equal contest for me: Both had their downfalls, defects, or whatever you want to call them; both had their up's, or positives.

It's funny. Adventure is way too long

Not really. The actual game consists of about 30 or so hours (with generous rounding) it just gets so repetitive you stop playing out of boredom. Assault was too short and could have gotten so much more out of plot and characters if they decided to do things differently.

Not really. The actual game consists of about 30 or so hours (with generous rounding)

Actually it's more like 20 hours with generous rounding. Even so, for the way the game is set up that's way too long. It feels like an eternity. A very boring and frustrating eternity. The only really fun part was the battle with Andross.

• 10 months later...

Refrain from dredging threads older than 2 months in the future. Thanks.