Fluxy's College Art-ish Random Pile Section

Fluxy

Soooo... Yeah. past two days have been 'fun' for lack of wanting to really be depressing here. I didn't really progress much at all on my art other than start a small sketch of Dan, the bigger male in the couple picture. As I post art in the future, you're going to basically continue to see changes in my style. My overall goal is to get a lot more realism in my art, as that's what I'm more passionate about right now. And a lot of that comes in the painting part of the art, but I also need to work on getting consistency, and character distinction skills so that even in a sketch, someone could go "Hey, that's 'Blah'!" and what not without me needing to really say it. And a lot of that comes with my anatomy training, such as the Muzzle, and Ears; Those are big parts of it. So I'll be dumping now a good portion of sketches and some paintings of me working on that so long as things go well and don't distract most of my time.

DanSketch.jpg

[Very quick sketch that I'm going to edit before I even consider painting, and need to add things too anyways]

---

[EDIT: HEY LOOK I DID A RE-SKETCH WHEN I WAS ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTION]

DanSketch-1.jpg

[still gonna mess around with the arm placements, dunno what I was going for when I did that, but yeah. Like, 10x better. Remind me to have caffeine when I draw]

• Like 1

So yeah, it's finially finished.... Not really proud, but I think it came out well. Not really happy with it for some reason, but I'm not really upset with it either. =I

598773_2795140296476_27904477_n.jpg

In other news, I've been working more in my painting/realism attempts with fur and general painting. So expect to see some really big failures at that soon enough since everything I'll be uploading will be my work from pure self study and evaluation of skills. I can do what I want in traditional means with ease, but not digitally, as transferring the skills and trade is quite the challenge.

TLDR; Expect weeks of failure before good realism. I plan to upload something at least every other day from now on. Sketches and renderings. Be prepared.

To be perfectly honest, I liked the sketch better. Mainly because when it got colored it kind of looked... plain, I guess. But that might just be my particular taste. One thing I'd like to say is that his nose looks tilted to the viewer's left too much, and isn't quite aligned properly with the snout. Also, when I saw his fur green my brain went, "Green... green? g-r-e-e-e-n?" and I'm a little confused on how his arms don't have fur but his hands do. :/ Still, it looks good. I'm just giving my opinion more so then criticism, save for my beef about the nose.

DOUBLE POST OF CRAPPY SHOWN RENDERING IN COLOR IMPROVEMENT GO!

arc_finished_by_fluxysentor-d53zlz2.jpg

This was a request art, colors and styles of clothing and hair were not my decision.

This one looks awesome in my opinion. I like the style of coloring, and how the lines aren't so wide and clean, but rather thin and sketchy.This is critique is, admittedly, based off of taste, though. So... yeah. :lol: I think the shading looks better, too.

To be perfectly honest, I liked the sketch better. Mainly because when it got colored it kind of looked... plain, I guess. But that might just be my particular taste. One thing I'd like to say is that his nose looks tilted to the viewer's left too much, and isn't quite aligned properly with the snout. Also, when I saw his fur green my brain went, "Green... green? g-r-e-e-e-n?" and I'm a little confused on how his arms don't have fur but his hands do. :/ Still, it looks good. I'm just giving my opinion more so then criticism, save for my beef about the nose.

You got me on that one. The nose was simply, and sadly, a victim of what I call "Speed Line Art", a dangerous trade of style that involves me flipping a table about my care for it anymore XD

And just so everyone is aware, that picture was part of an art trade. The colors, and pattern they were in, were not in my control. Which is slightly a lie. The green used to be a lot brighter, and I actually toned it down. Yes, I do like the sketch better and will continue to, slightly out of sketch preference in general, but mostly out of the fact I don't have to deal with knowing I drew a yoshi dog and allowed it. *Cries in corner*

This one looks awesome in my opinion. I like the style of coloring, and how the lines aren't so wide and clean, but rather thin and sketchy.This is critique is, admittedly, based off of taste, though. So... yeah. :lol: I think the shading looks better, too.

Yeah, actually this was just someone requesting I draw their fursona. The hair, if you know the character, is like Kouya from some furry video novel game and that's what he really wanted, so I put it on. With the sketchyness of it all, I decided to just leave the line art out and go into the color/painting aspect of it since I wanted to start really experimenting with painting and more realistic methods of shading. So that mixed with me really trying to get proportions of the body correct, It gave off that feel. I like too. Still has a lot of work and all I gotta do to get it better, but I'm planning on trying out new methods, as well as just practicing them, very soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh hey. Lookie here. I'm back from hiatus.

Spoilers to a new project I'm working on.

TravisDadconceptnotag.jpg

ConceptArtMarkLady.jpg

Why no hands? Cause I'm lazy and was too busy falling in love with my internet again. Hush.

• Like 1

Looks like you've still got it, Fluxy! - Glad to see some more work posted here. :P

I love how you draw anatomy, Fluxy. Very inspiring. Of course, as usual, I am particularly partial to the sketchy look to it all.

Thanks you two! It means a lot. Anatomy sucks, and mine for what I attempt to get at age wise is also still a work in progress. *Rant about everything in my art*

So! As some people know, I'm working on a comic. Though, Spoilers, it's not my own comic. I have been asked to illustrate someone's own comic idea. I've been working on concept art and panels for that. I won't talk about the story line, but I will talk about the art.

It will be Line Art and flat colors to start. No shading; Simple lines and color. Why I am choosing to do it this way is because I personally am not that great at rendering digitally, nor am I great at fur detailing. That being said, I plan on working on that about every other day, and as pages of the comic come out, implementing small things at a time. The reason for that, is that this isn't my comic. Even if I was told to use it as a playground to practice on my style, I would not be happy with the outcome if I just used it to try certain things. So, on my free time that I'm not working on the comic, I'll be practicing on side projects to improve my realism in digital painting.

On a slight side note, I was going to make a commission chart, but I decided I don't really feel I deserve payment for my art at the moment. I know many others who may not be as talented as me at the moment do commissions, and that is perfectly fine and their choice. I personally just would like to make sure my talent/skill/whatever you wish to call it, is a bit more refined as well with my ability to render and detail much better, before I go into making money off it so I can really feel that I earned it, if that makes any sense.

If you read the wall, thanks! If you didn't, I don't blame you. Thanks for being patient with me and still commenting on my art, it means a lot. Till next time!

Glad to hear you're still honing that impressive art-ability, Fluxy. Here's hoping all goes well with the comic too. ^_^

Glad to hear you're still honing that impressive art-ability, Fluxy. Here's hoping all goes well with the comic too. ^_^

OMG FANBOY LEAVE AND STOP OVER PRAISING.

Ahem. Thanks~

• Like 1

Almost finished with what I've started compiling as possible starting sketches for the first page of the comic. It's looking good so far, so I decided to take a break from that at the moment and drew up Mitsuru from Persona 3.

292477_346957122050802_1265926538_n.jpg

And no, she's not doing suicide for anyone who doesn't know Persona 3. She's summoning her Persona. So yeah, not mature~

I've always loved the sketches-in-progress; this one looks great. :P

• 3 weeks later...

So, I really like where you're going with the most recent thing you posted. :] Do you mind if I give some suggestions?

Oh, no problem! I've been looking at anatomy more and working on perspective and all, but any suggestions would gladly be appreciated. I can't afford schooling at the moment and have been going back to just simple self teaching like always. Any advice is welcome!

SKETCH TIME GO CAUSE REASONS AND CAN'T SLEEP AND DON'T WANNA DO ACTUAL LINE ART...I'm laaaaazy

323532_3048917240741_1026645253_o.jpg

...This may or may not be a Samus rip off.

......And I may or may not be able to draw happy faces. I can, I swear! I'll upload some tomorrow to prove it, even!

You know, what I was going to suggest on that other sketch, I don't even see it now. :C Which makes me a little sad, because it makes me feel crazy.

You know, what I was going to suggest on that other sketch, I don't even see it now. :C Which makes me a little sad, because it makes me feel crazy.

Hehe, that's fine! It was actually just a simple sketch for a panel in a comic, so not meant to be anything really fancy.

...Any tips on Digital painting at all would be nice toooooooooooo~ *Shot*

Digital painting is easier than traditional painting in a few ways, and in a few ways it's harder. :C That's all I can really say lol. Having done both, I can't say I have a preference. Sometimes I feel like I've done more work if I work traditionally though.

Digital painting is easier than traditional painting in a few ways, and in a few ways it's harder. :C That's all I can really say lol. Having done both, I can't say I have a preference. Sometimes I feel like I've done more work if I work traditionally though.

I can see that, yeah. Alrighty.

---

Just putting up more doodle sketches, working on my anatomy while I wait to be told what's happening on the next pages of the comic. I hate arms still. I absolutely hate drawing them. But I'll get better at them soon enough.

pose_practice_by_fluxysentor-d5e2uer.jpg

• Like 1

Upload the version you gave me. =V

Upload the version you gave me. =V

Fack u. No one wants to see what you asked me to draw.

This is Anna! My lovely's main, and only, character she ever uses in the multitude of Role Plays I've seen her do. She's a wrestler that primarialy uses Kick Boxing, if I remember corectly!

Was fun drawing her. Last night I did it, but never saved, and got blue Screened, which pissed me the heck off! :c

Either way, I'm glad I got to do this!

http://fluxysentor.deviantart.com/#/d5efsay

anna__the_hyena__by_fluxysentor-d5efsay.

• Like 1

The DA page says she's supposed to be a hyena, yeah? Honestly when I first saw her I thought she was a canid of some description. Usually the ears and face-shape of hyenas is very different. Fun fact: hyenas are actually feliforms, which include cats, mongooses, civets and the like, so they're more related to cats than dogs.

Though I understand if the visual choices were all up to the person this was made for, that can't be helped, but just an FYI. She looks like she can kick ass and take names in any case, me likes. XD

The DA page says she's supposed to be a hyena, yeah? Honestly when I first saw her I thought she was a canid of some description. Usually the ears and face-shape of hyenas is very different. Fun fact: hyenas are actually feliforms, which include cats, mongooses, civets and the like, so they're more related to cats than dogs.

Though I understand if the visual choices were all up to the person this was made for, that can't be helped, but just an FYI. She looks like she can kick ass and take names in any case, me likes. XD

Yes, I quite realize all about hyenas, thank you. Lol. I don't need fun facts, and did everything there with some purpose. Like leaving out the spots!

But thank you none the less! And not to mention my DA link was broken cause I'm a dumb. She does indeed look a bit more canid, and I can easily agree with that. A mix of the actual character, and my own little preferences made hit basically look like a hyena dog, where mostly all that was shared was the fur color. *Shrugs*

• 1 month later...