My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Xortberg

I was trollan' not to mention that your utter obsession with it came off that way (I had yet to learn what a brony was or the fucking earthshakingly huge fandom and independent websites they had) because spamming Pony images = 4chan = /b/rony = /b/ = unoriginal waste of internet

That's why one shouldn't assume and jump to conclusions, and iirc I tried to explain some of it and you didn't believe me. Either way though, it was only a minor annoyance.

Oh. Well, I'm sure that was before I inadvertently turned him into a pseudo-brony. Plus, Sabre needed to be included in your little spiel there anyway, seeing as he's advocating that point of view pretty hard.

I've kinda stopped trying to argue with Sabre. That man can be as stubborn as a mule (no offense).

Guest Mr. Nintendo

I've watched at least 7 episodes (So far) and all I can say is that IMO, I think its pretty decent to watch since almost alot of cartoons nowadays are now kinda crap. The characters are fine, the music score is somewhat good (If you count the opening theme song.) and the only badside I had for it was it could be easily predictable (Like I didn't think one moment Rainbow Dash flies down, messes around with Twilight Sparkle and then ACTUALLY clear the clouds within 10 seconds... I just sorta knew it was coming.)

I don't really care that the show eventually became a popular internet meme, even if I was involved in the series cause even though I can imagine 4000+ images made everywhere, it just seems to me as not really important unless I followed the series very well and/or needed to get a sense of MLP humor.

That's why one shouldn't assume and jump to conclusions, and iirc I tried to explain some of it and you didn't believe me. Either way though, it was only a minor annoyance.

I've kinda stopped trying to argue with Sabre. That man can be as stubborn as a mule (no offense).

Im not subborn at all. Want to aruge about it! :P

Also, make a good argument. For example, on Moddb, someone convinced me game design course weren't worthless, rather mostly worthless.

On a related note, a person on DA put me on block because they said there was only 1 battletoads game ported to different system. Once proved wrong, they blocked and resorted to name calling.

Ok so I finally did it even though I was fighting it even though I had thought this is the lamest show and is still going to be the lamest show its mainly thanks to SFO I watched MLP:FIM and I must say...*sobs* "It was okay". It isn't 100% worth all the hype but not truly terrible either thats just my opinion but really I guess its one of those shows that if I was bored and couldn't find anything good...I'd watch it. This isn't saying its bad or the worst thing ever nor the best thing ever no I'm just saying its okay. I have SFO to thank for making me not a bro-ny (I'm not at that stage yet and don't ever plan to be) but an occasional watcher of My Little Pony. *Now if you'll excuse me I have to cry now*

Im not subborn at all. Want to aruge about it! :P

Also, make a good argument. For example, on Moddb, someone convinced me game design course weren't worthless, rather mostly worthless.

On a related note, a person on DA put me on block because they said there was only 1 battletoads game ported to different system. Once proved wrong, they blocked and resorted to name calling.

Considering what you did to User, Xort and I a while back, this post was the most hilarious thing I've seen all day.

aintevenmado.jpg

Liking or disliking something is someone's prerogative, though I am a little disappointed that he's dismissing it without actually giving it its fair shot. I used to despise My Little Pony, I still have the older generations of it, because, let's face it, this is fucking creepy.

lyratv.png

(By the way, that would be Lyra, one of the many background ponies given names, looking at generation one Bon-Bon)

Contrary to popular (IE Milky's) opinion, I didn't get into the show because of the meme. At least not in the normal sense. I did see ponies every where, especially on FA, and was wondering WTF was with all the ponies, and Jay Naylor did a picture of the mane (lol) cast as humans, didn't recognize them, then shortly thereafter he did a picture of Derpy Hooves as a human, which reading the comments found out who the character actually was, and why I had been seeing ponies everywhere for several months. Then I did some google snooping, wound up on Knowyourmeme about Derpy, and from there to the show in general, and found that people were being banned off 4chan for liking ponies, which piqued my interest quite a bit, as from what I'd heard I pictured 4chan as a cesspool that anything goes, no rules, so having people banned off the site for liking ponies meant it had to be potent stuff, one way or the other. Also artists I liked also liked the show (such as Squeedgemonster and Renard), and it stood to reason that if image artists I liked also liked the show, it meant that the animation was good (which I was correct in assuming), and that if music artists I liked also liked the show, the music was likely good (also correct). So, knowing people I shared similar tastes with liked the show, finding the idea behind Derpy Hooves hilarious, and knowing people were banned off 4chan over the show, I decided to give it its fair shot to impress me. I found out when the show was on, watched it, and it was the episode "Green Isn't Your Colour," and laughed my ass off at Pinkie Pie's randomness, as that was humour I enjoyed a lot.

Granted the meme factor did have a hand in introducing me to the show, I don't enjoy the show because of the meme and pictures like this,

loveitwithfire.jpg

I love the meme and pictures like that because of the show. When the meme has blown over, I'll still be watching the show (even if it's just reruns on youtube because they didn't release a DVD collection), and I'll still be going through my picture collection and laughing.

As for why I like the show, myself and others have already explained about the characters being likable, the events in the show not being super dumbed down girly, music that usually isn't forced, out of place, or sounds bad, good animation, etc etc. Other good shows have been named in here, and I've seen some of them, and they were good shows, but I wouldn't say they were all around better. They were better for categories, like Animaniacs beats FiM for slapstick comedy hands down. No contest. But with those shows, when they were over, they were over. With FiM, I constantly craved more. When the show was over, I wanted to know more about the characters, what happened to them, what their families were like, things like that, and I know I wasn't the only one, as people would theorize about the characters. A lot of people thought the reason Pinkie was so "Nnnnnngggghhh!" was because her parents died when she was young, and that her insanity was a way to deal with the grief, leading to images like this.

130705820311.jpg

Granted it's basically fan fiction, but there's more to it than that, a different element to it. Rather than just wanting to make up a story, the people were more trying to understand the characters better.

Only two other things ever really affected me to the point that I had a need to know more about the setting, the who, what, when, where, and whys. Those were Star Fox, and Dragons (mostly the Dragons from the Temeraire and Eragon book series).

Anyway, don't just hate it because it has "My Little Pony" in the title. I recommend giving it a shot, you just might be surprised. Like it or hate it, it's fine, just as long as there's more reason to it than because of the title.

DAUM GOOD POST! sorta reminds me of my own expirences. I also decided i like the show after whatching : green isn't your color.

I also had that mind set after command. I couldn't deal with what happened so i hunted out the other games, And spent hours googling star fox stuff. All to try'in end the deppresion i had fallen into.

Watched the opening episode on Youtube some time ago to see what all the hype was about.

Yeah, I can understand it. It's a darn good show actually. I most probably won't start watching it on a regular basis, but overall, I'll say MLP is Asper-Approved.

Watched the opening episode on Youtube some time ago to see what all the hype was about.

Yeah, I can understand it. It's a darn good show actually. I most probably won't start watching it on a regular basis, but overall, I'll say MLP is Asper-Approved.

So it's slightly above dog poo at least? :P

So it's slightly above dog poo at least? :P

:mellow: sir, we want you to know that everything asper aproves is whatched with care, dedication, and love, and we mantain our high standered of measurment by on a regular biases having him refine his views on tv in and of its self.

But if it makes a diffrence quite a few men like the show, and thats got to mean somthings up. I infact just whatched a episode that was the best thing i have seen on T.V. for a long time

But if it makes a diffrence quite a few men like the show, and thats got to mean somthings up.

Of the ~3000 people who took this survery:

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/results-overview.php?surveyID=NIMDGI_7fa6758d&mode=4

2950 were men. It also has a good bit of information about the fandom in general, and there's a presentation from the guy who made it on youtube. It was for his English class.

Not entirely sure if this'll affect anyone's opinions, but I thought it was hella interesting.

Why not? There wasn't anything particularly disappointing about any of the results, that I saw.

Why not? There wasn't anything particularly disappointing about any of the results, that I saw.

No it wasn't to bad, But it didn't prove anything overly postive like i had expected

Ok so I finally did it even though I was fighting it even though I had thought this is the lamest show and is still going to be the lamest show its mainly thanks to SFO I watched MLP:FIM and I must say...*sobs* "It was okay". It isn't 100% worth all the hype but not truly terrible either thats just my opinion but really I guess its one of those shows that if I was bored and couldn't find anything good...I'd watch it. This isn't saying its bad or the worst thing ever nor the best thing ever no I'm just saying its okay. I have SFO to thank for making me not a bro-ny (I'm not at that stage yet and don't ever plan to be) but an occasional watcher of My Little Pony. *Now if you'll excuse me I have to cry now*

Ok I'd actually like to reply to my own comment because I saw some errors in my own statement after continuing to watch this show...I find I kinda like it I guess it is pretty decent and I can consider myself a watcher of it and talk with people about it. My friend is pissed at the show and doesn't understand it but I even got him to watch it and after a while he said it was okay. The shows title is true: "this show is magic". It has this power to make you want to watch it and at the same time when you watch it you feel slightly...good inside (That and the theme is catchy as ever). I can understand now why this show is getting a popularity because really it's pretty (I can't believe I'm gonna say this)...good. I have no clue if this partially makes me a pony-fan (I hate the word bro-ny so I say pony-fan) or what but either way I guess it's true what they say: It takes a real man to say "I like to watch this show"

(NOTE: I wasn't trying to offend anyone who watches this show in this statement I was just stating my feelings about it, if I did I'm sorry and please consider this a SINCERE APOLOGY I never meant to try and hurt any feelings that was NOT my intention)

Ha, it's all good, bro. It takes balls to even really admit you gave it a chance, so good on you for that. And what's with disliking brony? I love the phrase :D

But yeah, if there's one reason above all I love this show, it's that it makes me happy whenever I watch it, or listen to the music, or whatever. As long as it isn't one of the gut-wrenchingly sad fanfics the fandom is entirely too fond of considering the source material, pony-related stuff is going to cheer me up.

This is a good example of the fandom. Basically, someone recounts a story where MLP: FiM helped them through a re-encounter with an abusive father that he hasn't seen in some time, and after several posts of bronies being highly supportive, Lauren Faust herself makes a post.

http://www.ponychan.net/chan/arch/res/1.html

This story touched me deeply in a way I thought it wouldn't and made me like the show even more. I welcome all bronies in open arms and as you guys make me feel just so...welcome & I guess just good, sure the downside of being a brony is that other people who don't get the show will rag on me maybe but if thats the price I have to pay to feel this feeling its I guess worth it.

I've watched every episode so far of MLP and I gotta say I LOVE THIS SHOW! :D I wish season 2 would come out already so I could see new episodes but for now I guess I'll settle with reruns and anything MLP related on Youtube lol. Brohoof to all you bronies out there.

As some of you know last night in the shoutbox I officially endorsed FiM's message of "love and tolerance" and look upon it favourably now. Also, it doesn't hurt that I've managed to see over 9000 pony related pictures over the course of last night. This is just an FYI for those who didn't know. :)

This show is...... starting to grow on me. :unsure:

Join the herd Deploy this show is awesome. (I tried to resist and I mean I TRIED but in the end MLP was too powerful...its that awesome)

Join the herd Deploy this show is awesome. (I tried to resist and I mean I TRIED but in the end MLP was too powerful...its that awesome)

Yes, indeed.... but the old MLP sure isn't awesome, but everybody knows that.

I sure don't know how they managed to bring to life... something that was dead from the start. :P

It took real Magic to bring the MLP show back. I wonder if they user Friendship? :trollface: :trollface:

If I anyone I knew personally found out that I kinda like this show... they'd kill me.

Only a trusted few people (2) I know know that I like this show and if they blab well I'm gonna be PISSED. But seeing that one of them is m best friend nd the other is my cousin who literally is like my brother I doubt that will happen bacause thats how strong the powers of friendship are...it's magic.