Theory of Relativity

FoxMcCloud

Allrighty!!

I might really be going out on a branch here as this topic may get kind of complicated. But Gather round young minds and scientists of SF-O and give me your ideas and what your opinion of the topic below.

Recently scientists at NASA sent out a probe to measure the gravity wells in an orbit around Earth to see if Einstein's theory of General Relativity could be proven.

Their results after the probe gave them details and data, 2 key point's of Einstein's theory has been proven by the Gravity probe.

Stanford's website here:

http://einstein.stan....html#PRL_paper

Physical Review Paper http://einstein.stan....106.221101.pdf

The article is located here:

http://www.bloomberg...pace-probe.html

some more reading:

http://nbnl.globalwh...proven-finally/

So what are your opinions, idea's or viewpoints on this?

it makes sense, we have already have some evidence with clocks located in space. Finding more evidence with the gravity probe is only iceing on the cake

I concur with Sky King Ajc. Solid theories are naturally to be gradually proven by smart experiences such as this one. Not much new there in term of fundamental sciences, but the engineering achievement is quite appealing indeed.

Most definitely, I believe that this will make it harder for those who want to disprove the theory even harder, as we begin to accumulate and gather more facts that Einstein's Theory may as well be true.

Also just to state Relativity is a broad term. There are 3 type of Relativity, General Relativity, Special Relativity, and Galilean Relativity. Here is a brief introduction on each.

1. Galilean Relativity was first enunciated by Galileo, and is summarized by the statement that "No mechanical experiment can distinguish a state of absolute rest from uniform straight-line motion." Its consequences include the fact that if you hit a parked car at sixty miles per hour, the effect is the same as if you and the other car had a head-on collision, with each of you traveling thirty miles per hour. Velocities add.
  2. Special Relativity was published by Einstein in 1905, and explores the consequences of the Principle of Relativity for observers moving at constant velocities relative to one another. The counterintuitive basis of this theory is that all observers see the same speed of light--even when the light is in an inertial frame which is in motion relative to the observer! In other words, it is impossible to detect motion by measuring differences in the speed of light (an experimental finding by Michelson and Morley in 1887).
  3. General Relativity (1915) extends special relativity to uniformly-accelerated reference frames; its principle of equivalence was stated by Einstein as, "We shall therefore assume the complete physical equivalence of a gravitational field and the corresponding acceleration of the reference frame." In other words, there is no way to distinguish uniform acceleration from a gravitational field.

That information was cited from http://www.bluffton....relativity.html

These articles are just screaming "Hey, we know Einstein's right!" General Relativity makes perfect sence but anything can change so I wonder what NASA will find. :)

My point exactly. But we all know science. We need the scientific evidence to backup the evidence, and even more evidence to backup that evidence xD

Now we just need to move on to find out if Gravitons exist and ways to manipulate those particles if they exist, because if we can, then we can possibly be one step closer to G-Diffusion engines :D

G-Diffusion Engines or Warp Drives would need to Go faster than light (Which is "Impossable" or so it seems :P ) or Create and control a Wormhole. Now Einstein said that shape of space can be distorted by mass or energy. If we could be in the "Bubble" of space-time standing still so we wouldn't need energy, E=MC2 would not add mass (Adding energy = adding mass) to slow down the "spaceship."

There's no law on the amount or how fast you can warp space. :D

But the problem is Negitive Energy which some say dosen't exist. :( But in the fabric of space, Zero-point energy is there. To get Negitive energy, you need to surpress that energy.

Not necessarily, based on what we have seen with the Games and other things. The Star fox team does not have access to FTL (Faster then Light) technology. Now warping, that is a different topic lol.

Another gentleman and I were pondering over this, and I stumbled across a reading. I spoke to the gentleman about this and we had quite a conversation about this.

Albert Einstein has shown us that gravity is actually space and time itself physically being bent and warped in response to matter/energy. This is illustrated perfectly by the "bed sheet" example. Imagine a bowling ball placed on a bed. We can physically see how the sheets are bent down in response to the ball's weight, and the highest concentration of that warping is right under the ball's center of mass. Now, if one shoots a marble within the bowling ball's sphere of influence, it will be deflected by the curvature of the bed fabric. This is pretty much how gravity works. Planet Earth is not 'pulling' you towards its center of gravity, SPACE and TIME (two seemingly intangible things) are actually 'pushing' you in accordance to the earth's warping. Everything that has mass generates a gravity. Human, insect, electron, Arwing, and black hole alike, we all have our own gravitational field.

Diffusion is the act of something of a higher concentration moving to a lower concentration over time. Many new particle theories suggest that gravity must exhibit the wave/particle duality that is common with everything else in the universe. Superstring theory calls for gravity to have a particle called a graviton, much like the electromagnetic force's photon. An area of a highly concentrated set of gravitons might generate a high amount of gravitational force, and vise versa. M-theory states that unbound strings (gravitons) slip easily into other membranes within the 11th dimensional hyper-structure of the universe. If an object's gravitons could be diffused to other dimensions, or perhaps the surrounding areas on this current plane, it may allow for the manifestation of a gravity-drive system.

The G-diffusers reduce the mass of craft by diffusing some of its gravitons into higher dimensional space. This increases the ship's main engine thrust output so it is faster and more maneuverable. This allows the g-diffuser to not only reduce the mass of the ship when needed, but act as a whole new form of propulsion all together. If the Arwing's center of gravity could be placed a few meters in front of the ship, the Arwing would theoretically 'fall into itself', resulting in a net acceleration. This is known as a disjunction drive. Because the ship is still within its own SPHERE of INFLUENCE, it will experience gravitational acceleration.

EDIT:: Note Quote taken from http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127200&postcount=1

Eeeewwwww... Epic Copy-Paste fail! :trollface:

That comes from the Arwing Technical Manual thread from the Shadows of Lylat forum: http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127200&postcount=1

• Like 1

Yep I changed a bit of it to help make it more understandable.(Meaning only a few words and changes. Not much though) But I talked with the guy afterwards and he was quite knowledgeable. I asked much about this and he was quite resourceful

They do use a Wormhole in Assault. But controlling a high mass ...

Let me say it like this.

A wormhole is like a bubble. The slightest disturbance and it pops.