Redeemer got a tablet.

Redeemer

The shape of the hands are quite right. The problem is their size. Stick your own hand on your face, then compare with your drawing. These are way too small.

Aside this, the anatomy is good (and pleasing!). ;)

Yeah, I know they're small, but every time I try to make them bigger, I mess it up! How can I make them bigger while still ensuring they keep their shape?

Actually, Red, since I fall into that same trap more often, something that helps me be a bit better with them is by making the shoulders a bit bigger and let that direct the width of your arms a tiny bit more. Sadly it is hard to get the hands exactly right, but think of the hand as something like this too, if the shoulder trick doesn't work out too well.

Draw the arm to the wrist, then keep going with the same amount of width for these three fingers: Ring, Middle, and Index. Then make it a bit bigger for the pinky on both hands by about a finger length, then the other side, the thumb comes off the wrist and can take up to two finger spaces in space depending how it is positioned.

I know that might be confusing, but if you got it, I really hoped it helped.

If you think about the true size of her face, the hands should be okay now. Thanks Fluxy! I took your advice. I'm now clothing her.

Also, I hate you for being so much better at art than me. But not really. I really love you.

:3 *hug*

Very nice redeemer. I wish I had art skills, but I never have enough patience to actually draw lol

*coughyoucancheatinsaitomakethembiggercough* >_>You can select it and rotate it and enlarge it somehow. I dunno how to do it, but I know other people who know how xD

Sai does have layers O_o that's weird that you couldn't find them.

I had to help her out a lot with GIMP, so if she couldn't find it, I don't doubt it, heh

picturesofponies.jpg

Chock this post up to boredom and sleep deprivation.

Fluxy was a great help with my understanding of Gimp. I couldn't have made it without him. And also, a huge thanks to Icha, who saved my entire drawing. :3

Excellent work Redeemer and yeah Gimp has a tough learning curve when first using it. I remember when Fluxy needed some help with gimp way back :P

Excellent work Redeemer and yeah Gimp has a tough learning curve when first using it. I remember when Fluxy needed some help with gimp way back :P

GIMP sucks assssssss.... All that needs to be said.

Glad SAI is working out so well for you

My first anthro character. I'll be colouring her later tonight.

Haha, if you hide the hands behind her, of course you don't have to worry about their size! :troll:

Nice shape though! ;)

Nice!!!!

Only the shape has line so the coloring looks seamless, it's very good looking! :3

(And to satisfy Fluxy that seems to have disabled the smilies display in my messages, hum... Too bad the fur isn't shaded as well! :P )

Only the shape has line so the coloring looks seamless, it's very good looking! :3

(And to satisfy Fluxy that seems to have disabled the smilies display in my messages, hum... Too bad the fur isn't shaded as well! :P )

I know, I should really go back and colour the fur, but I'm afraid incase I mess it up. :/

Make a backup copy of the file, or the concerned layers inside the file! ;)

Yeah, I do see a little shading, just needs more work of course!...

Not saying mine is perfect either, just commenting x3

Thank you ajc. :3

Fluxy, when I know how to shade better, I'll go back to it.