Cavemonkynick

Ok, so some of you may know I am in the process of writing a fan-fiction. For those of you who don’t, it's called Star Fox: Rise From the Ashes and it a rewriting of the story from Star Fox Command. You can find it posted on this site in the fan-fiction forum. Anyways, I showed it to a friend of mine and he asked if I had considered doing a radio play. I figured what the heck. So this is basically an interest post. The way it would most likely work is we'd have a conversation either over Skype or on the phone (numbers will only be exchanged over pm for everyone’s privacy) after a conversation or two I will cast rolls, ideally I would like to put voice samples up for everyone to hear and we can decide amongst ourselves. If push comes to shove I will leave it up to my friend who will remain a neutral and have the final say. When it comes time to record, I think the only way we'll be able to do it and keep decent quality is if we work on video conference but everyone directly records their own audio and emails it to me. Also keep in mind this is a personal interest project. I am a full time, unemployed student and can't afford to pay people for their work. I would hope that anyone who shows interest in this would want to do it just because they want to, and I have a feeling that will be the case. Anyways, I’m going to list all of the voiced characters in the story below. There are some I can do but there are also some I’m defiantly going to need help on, female characters for instance. Those that I need help for will be marked with an asterisk like this*. Also keep in mind that just because their not marked dosent mean that you can't try out for that part, it just means i can do it if i have to.

Roles in red are sorta filled. If you really have your heart set on one thats filled let me know, but for the most part im trying to get a complete cast before we start having two for a role. Roles in yellow are where the same person has tried out for more than one role so those are still sorta open. While im ok using people twice for most roles, i dont want to do that with the narrator because that part already has a TON of reading to do.

Narrator- Still tecinacly open, but i'm gonna try and look localy for this one, as it's alot of lines to manage online.

Fox McCloud- Unless someone blows me away, doing this one myself. Just eiser that way.

R.O.B. - No you don't have to sound like a robot, although that would save my friend some editing.

Krystal- Bailey got to call me today and she has agreed to do Krystal. I still need a younger person for a flashback scene.

Falco Lombardi- Starwing_93

Slippy Toad- Star Fox Runner

Peppy Hare- While everyone loves classic Peppy, he is getting old (as in age) so I’m looking more towards Assault.

Wolf O’Donnell - Jon3Mac

James McCloud*- While I can do a decent Fox I can’t do James without slipping into Fox.

Anna McCloud- myu

Bill Grey- mjakob42

Tomas Westwind*-(Krystal’s Father) Fedora

Sarah Westwind - myu

Katt Monroe- Redeemer

Beltino Toad- Arashikage

Emperor Angler- If you have a deep voice, this one is for you:)

Also theirs at least 5 other small rolls, both male and female, right now, but there will be more in the future so I can reuse people or if you want to be a part of it but don’t have a lot of time to do it, consider these. Most of them only have 3 or 4 lines, but again i can reuse. They include: Daniels (chapter 8), Glenn (chapter 9), unknown man (chapter 9), Steven (chapter 9)

Extra Roles filled.

Doctor (Chapter 9) - Psygonis

Hannah Park (Chaper 4) - Steph McCloud

Doctor (chapter 2-3) & Simmons (chapter 9) - Star Fox Runner

So if you’re interested post below who you want to be, any experience you have voice acting or and speaking in public (not that this will be a live performance) and any questions you may have. Also, if you have a usb or line-in mic send me a sample. If you have someone spsific sent me your best impression along with somthing in your normal speaking voice. For those without speaking parts in the games either quote somthing from the fanfic or wing it. Just pm the audio files to me. Also if you have a Skype account, add me (username is cavemonkynick) and we can to the readings there. I hope to have a good enough turn-out to go through with this, and I am excited to move forward. There's a link to the story below, you'll probably want to read that first. Please read the poll at the top first, it will explain why you’re on page three. If you want a copy you can save and print or whatever pm me and I’ll send you the word file. Thanks for your time.

http://starfox-onlin..._50#entry322988

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cavemonkynick

• Dr. Orange

• Furygun81

• Star Fox Runner

Hell, I'll be the narrator if you'd like? Either that or Falco, or Wolf one. :3

Hell, I'll be the narrator if you'd like? Either that or Falco, or Wolf one. :3

sounds good to me, lol. We'll definatly set somthing up. If we can get just one female VA we could almost be in buisness

I did some voice acting before. I could try to do Slippy or R.O.B. :)

I did some voice acting before. I could try to do Slippy or R.O.B. :-)

Awesome:) is it strange that im giddy because peoplr are accualty interested? lol. Once ive got a few more takers, I'll start setting up readings.

Well I can do a British accent so maybe Tomas Westwind! I've always wanted to do Bill too so if you get no takers for Bill I can try and voice him.

My voice:

Well I can do a British accent so maybe Tomas Westwind! I've always wanted to do Bill too so if you get no takers for Bill I can try and voice him.

Awesome, kudos on the voice sample.

Awesome, kudos on the voice sample.

No problem, I think it'll be quite exciting to do a voice over! So once all is filmed (recorded, I guess you can't film sound) what are you going to do with it? A .mp3?

I'm up for this too, I'm actually British but can do a wide range of accents (including numerous American ones) and have a decent amount of acting experience, mostly stage but a small amount of voice too :D

I'd be most interested in Wolf (British style!), Falco and Fox, but I reckon I can try to lend a voice to anything, tis worth a try I guess :)

Well I can do a British accent so maybe Tomas Westwind!

When I said I can do a British accent I meant I am British so yeah... Should be verrry convincing.

I'm up for this too, I'm actually British but can do a wide range of accents (including numerous American ones) and have a decent amount of acting experience, mostly stage but a small amount of voice too :D

Yay! Another Brit! Yeah, I also have done a small amount of stage acting at school I took part in an Assassin's Creed play, I was Roberto, assistant to the evil boss.

I'd be most interested in Wolf (British style!), Falco and Fox, but I reckon I can try to lend a voice to anything, tis worth a try I guess :-)

Awesome, heck if we had a girl we could probably do the first few chapters. Still need a beltino tho

Awesome, heck if we had a girl we could probably do the first few chapters.

Have you tried asking any girls you know in RL (real life)? I could ask my sister but I'm sure she wouldn't want to (eyeroll)

Still need a beltino tho

If you're aiming for Assault Beltino then I think I can pull that off. But I think you should ask High Executioner19, if he can do a Slippy then he can probably do a Beltino.

Btw if there's no takers for Peppy I can do his 64 voice expertly, and I'm ookay at his Assault voice (getting ooooold) so yeah. Don't mean to hog all the roles though!

Cool, i also it is about the anglers but i havent decided wether to go deep voice or some king or mod so not sure on that yet

Quick update, if you have a usb or line-in mic send me a sample. If you have someone spsific sent me your best impression along with somthing in your normal speaking voice. For those without speaking parts in the games either quote somthing from the fanfic or wing it. I put this in the main post but i wanted to make sure everyone got it. Just pm the audio file to me.

Cool, i also it is about the anglers but i havent decided wether to go deep voice or some king or mod so not sure on that yet

I think the Anglar emperor should naturally kinda resemble a mix between Andross and Ganondorf and Bowser (all the classic video game villians) but I think ultimately he should sound like Algol from SoulCalibur IV (google it). But his four sidekicks I think some should sound like Leon Powalski from Assault, and maybe some like Granga from SF64 but I don't know

Quick update, if you have a usb or line-in mic send me a sample. If you have someone spsific sent me your best impression along with somthing in your normal speaking voice. For those without speaking parts in the games either quote somthing from the fanfic or wing it. I put this in the main post but i wanted to make sure everyone got it. Just pm the audio file to me.

I'll send you my Bill and Peppy impressions tomorrow. I don't think Tomas actually exists (well, he does in this fanfic) so I can't really do an impression. Just use my video. ^_^

I think the Anglar emperor should naturally kinda resemble a mix between Andross and Ganondorf and Bowser (all the classic video game villians) but I think ultimately he should sound like Algol from SoulCalibur IV (google it). But his four sidekicks I think some should sound like Leon Powalski from Assault, and maybe some like Granga from SF64 but I don't know

Side note that this reminded me of, Just because a people like Leon and Panther or even Pepper airnt in the list right now dosen't mean they won't neccicarly be in the story, it is a work in progress so yea.

I'll send you my Bill and Peppy impressions tomorrow. I don't think Tomas actually exists (well, he does in this fanfic) so I can't really do an impression. Just use my video. ^_^

Well for tomas just know that hes a father so i need a mature voice for him. It would turn out wierd if Krystal ended up sounding older than her dad.lol

I have a Scottish accent. I'm also a voice actor for Star Fox the Animated Series and I'm a voice actor for a guy here in Dundee that's making a game. So I can help you if you want.

I have a Scottish accent. I'm also a voice actor for Star Fox the Animated Series and I'm a voice actor for a guy here in Dundee that's making a game. So I can help you if you want.

Super awesome:) if you dont mind, send me a voice sample and we'll go from there, but as long as your not busy and are willing to help im positive i can find a role for you

Super awesome:) if you dont mind, send me a voice sample and we'll go from there, but as long as your not busy and are willing to help im positive i can find a role for you

You should add me on Skype. Send me a PM and we'll chat there, and we can talk on Skype. I'll be happy to give a sample of whatever you want me to say.

You should add me on Skype. Send me a PM and we'll chat there, and we can talk on Skype. I'll be happy to give a sample of whatever you want me to say.

Awesome, what do you go by on Skype? Mines the same as my username here

I've added you on Skype. ACCEPT ME. XD

lol, just did

If you need some weird-accented (= french) voice, I can give it a try! :-P

(Sabre said it was sexy, but he's not here anymore to confirm... ^^')