Tandom Fox

My favorite game in the entire world has to be Starfox Adventures. I know, I know... It was ripped-off from Dinosaur Planet (Unreleased N64 Game), but its still my prised possession, along with my other Starfox merchandise.

Being a total game nerd, I have played the game over and over and over, to get all the secrets, all the gems, and everything else I missed. I wanted to know every inch of the game so I could beat it with ease (and to say I beat it 100 times :D ) After beating it completely, I started looking for hacks, glitches, and platform mess-ups. I hunted through the internet and did all the glitches I could find... Fox swimming in the air, walking through walls, and so on... After doing that, I wanted to look for production glitches. Im not talking about invisible walls or tricky getting stuck in a rock wall still running. Im talking about things that were put there, but were noticed when the game was produced. Things that the makers of the game overlooked. And I found them... well most of them at least...

1) Pure Scales

General Scales and his Sharpclaw army, are no where near pure of spirit. So is there stuff all in the Krazoa shrines?

I made a video about this awhile ago. Check it out here:

2) Lightfoot Village Secret

They say they keep a secret from the Sharpclaws, but do they really?

I also made a video about this awhile ago. Check that out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu19czatNKE

And after watching the video dont be telling me the Lightfoot brought those huge crates in there and down that ladder themselves. The crates are bigger then they are, and they wouldn't even be able to fit through the door.

3) Names

I didnt make a video about this yet, but here something know one knows. When Fox goes to Dragon Rock, he eventually finds a trapped Cloudrunner. When he frees him, the cloud runner speaks to him: "Aren't you a friend of Krystal?" then Fox asks: "How do you know Krystal?". At no part in the game does Fox learn Krystal's name, but he knows. Earlier in the game he could here her in trouble, but he never learns her name. He just magically knows it.

4) Krystal has 2 Staffs?

When Fox releases Krystal from the crystal prison on top of the Krazoa Palace, she takes her staff from Fox. Then Fox goes to fight Andross with his Arwing. When he returns, him and the team are all on the Great Fox. If you look closely, Krystal's Staff is back on Fox's back.

Thats all the things Ive found so far. If anyone has found any more, tell me! I wanna find em all :lol:

Watched the two videos. I enjoyed the nostalgia for a few moments. For the second "secret" video , it could be that the Lightfoots had stolen the crates from the Sharpclaw and were keeping them in the chamber.

But of course there were 3 things you missed. The first one was magic. That alone contradicts a game were flying anthros try to stop a madman using an assortment of techniques and vehicles. So magic? Doesn't belong in Star Fox if you ask me.

The other is the fact that there is a planet like Sauria easily accessible by the people of Lylat that has remained completely uncolonized by the Government or from another party.

And of course is Scales not-so-good idea to take over his planet by removing the very things that hold it together. "Hey, I'll take over the planet by tearing it apart! Brilliant!"

You may have noticed these but not mentioned them. That's fine, anyway I can also see your new here so welcome to our fair site.

Your right, those are things I did Indeed, miss, but thats why this post is here :P. And yea I am new... thanks for the welcome :)

I also forgot the mention the touchy subject of Krystal knowing how to pilot a ship, speak more then one language, be unimpressed with all of Fox's technology, and manage to join Star Fox in 2 years but still wear a tribal outfit. Makes no sense. The romantic relationship also has a few plotholes of it's own were Fox denies it every step of the way, and never truly learns who Krystal is in the game. I'll try not to go into further detail as this has been debated again and again on the site always with the same outcome.

Indeed. Im very sure the Fox and Krystal topic has been brought up a million times, but you are right. I also have something else. It kinda goes along with what you said. I dont think Krystal ever learned another language. I think she always speaks dino. In SA, Slippy makes Fox a translator to understand information from the Earthwalker tribe, and he also uses it to talk to krystal, but heres a problem. When Fox herd Krystals cries from Moon Mountain Pass, she was speaking untranslated, when Tricky (standing right next to him) was completely translated. Then at the end, Krystal spoke english? I dont understand it... did she adopt another language? or did the star fox team just use translators for the rest of the games... i dont get it...

I love how this thread pretty much confirms that Adventures was a messy, inconsistent, rushed turd of a game that only threw the series into chaos.

Now now, dont be mean, this game is my baby, haha. Nice profile pic by the way :P

Then at the end, Krystal spoke english? I dont understand it... did she adopt another language? or did the star fox team just use translators for the rest of the games... i dont get it...

That's the Great Fox TARDIS-like translation matrix that kicks in! \o/

I would have never thought of that... It would have been nice if all these missing bits of information were covered during gameplay, but then again, how much data can you store on those little dvd games... SA was up there in graphics and music. And it was a long game. I wouldn't imagine there would be alot of space left at the end of the game.

Being nice to it is hard, though. I mean, I guess it was a decent adventure game in the same vein as Zelda, but Zelda does everything it did and better except for maybe graphics. StarFox Adventures was damn gorgeous for it's time.

But it is full of so many damn holes. Krystal is a -big- one, and consistently so through the rest of the series. The game as a whole is very out of place as mentioned above with magic and all, and for heaven's sake, how do dinosaurs send distress signals, how does Krystal know how to fly, what does it MEAN to be tribal in this universe, and why are we never told?

Tribal universe? Maybe there was some lower life form planet protection pact, were the lylatians wouldn't come down and colonize a helpless planet. Any who, the Krazoa were a weird twist too. God like superhumans, creators, who now are no longer present? Hmm... Sounds like the aparoids who just come out of nowhere!

If you guys played Assault, which Im sure alot of you have, then you would know that Krystal had developed telepathy. When Tricky was attacked by the Aparoid invasion, Krystal felt his thoughts. Others were in his same position. If all the dinosaurs were thinking the same thing, then Krystal must have felt it all the way from space.

Which is also a load, seeing as she never had Telepathy in Adventures and she has some real selective hearing as going off to save that backwoods planet was exactly what destroyed Corneria.

Assualt was stupid, too.

If you guys played Assault, which Im sure alot of you have, then you would know that Krystal had developed telepathy. When Tricky was attacked by the Aparoid invasion, Krystal felt his thoughts. Others were in his same position. If all the dinosaurs were thinking the same thing, then Krystal must have felt it all the way from space.

We all have played it and Krystal's telepathy was useless in that game. For the most part, she stated the obvious when telling you that obvious weak spot of a boss was the weak spot, and When Sauria was invaded and Star Fox went to save it, Corneria got attacked and was ransacked by the Aparoids. If they had never gone to Sauria, they may have been able to stop that invasion, then proceed to attack the Aparoid homeworld which would have destroyed all of the Aparoids anyway. Sauria was a fairly useless stage.

I also forgot the mention the touchy subject of Krystal knowing how to pilot a ship, speak more then one language, be unimpressed with all of Fox's technology, and manage to join Star Fox in 2 years but still wear a tribal outfit. Makes no sense. The romantic relationship also has a few plotholes of it's own were Fox denies it every step of the way, and never truly learns who Krystal is in the game. I'll try not to go into further detail as this has been debated again and again on the site always with the same outcome.

Just going to throw out that a still "tribal" society doesn't necessarily mean foreign to technology. Look at the Yautja (Creatures from the PREDATOR and Aliens vs. Predator franchise). Their technology includes, but is not limited to: interstellar travel, healing devices that makes the finest medical devices known to man look like it's made of twigs, rocks, and deer urine, the ability to bend light to form an effective cloaking system, firing concentrated plasma as a projectile, energy powered discs that are able to fly through several sides of beef and cut a man clean in two, then return to the user's hand, helmet vision sensors that are able to view every spectrum known to man and likely several unknown, while having a HUD that's able to analyze vocal patterns, chemicals, equipment, and several biological functions. They have all this, yet the typically wear loincloths and partial metal armour, they're hair is in a dreadlock pattern that is part of a coming of age ceremony and is quite painful to get that way, and the youth must go through the ceremony without showing the least bit of pain, or else it'll be undone and restarted. Anyway, they wear tribal outfits, and their entire culture is based around the hunting of other, dangerous creatures for honour to raise their standing in society. Literally their entire culture. They have no doctors, scientists, or anything like that. Every male hunts, and if they're lucky and skilled enough to survive long enough to earn enough honour, then they can retire as elders and pursue other interests, but can resume the hunt at any moment if they so desire.

Just saying that because Krystal wore a loincloth, doesn't mean she should act like, "What is shiny thing? *bangs with a rock*"

• Like 1

Yeah, but that's fan speculation. I'd buy it if they explained a single bit of it, and let's face it, judging by the tribal theme the rest of the game had, having advanced tribal vixens isn't very likely; especially by Nintendo.

Never said it explained it, but just assuming she'd act like she's lived in a cave is a bit of an idiotic thing to do as well. Clothing shouldn't really matter.

Just saying it's foolish to assume that she'd be retarded and fear shiny metal bird because she's wearing a loincloth and has tattoos.

Her society is either advanced to the point that their technology seems like magic, such as her staff, which rather than magic could just be very advanced, or it is magic, at which case, it's magic, and I ain't gotta explain shit.

Only it does, as the inspiration for the clothes harkens to the points in human history they were relevant. It's not like they seriously sat and planned that out; look at the rest of the game's direction. Look at the lightfoot tribe. Look at the other... tribes...

Huh, you know what, primitive, tribal societies were a big theme of the game. I'd say it's a fair assumption that, until explicitly explained otherwise, Krystal was supposed to be traditionally tribal and not this fanfic idea of super advanced aliens running around looking like sluts compared to the rest of this series' setting.

There's very little to be found in examining the inconsistencies and incongruities of Star Fox Adventures or the later games. They weren't going in for establishing a realistic setting in SFA, just an entertaining and colourful one, with great results if you ask me. On the one hand I found the change of scenery and gameplay from the older games refreshing, the character design was pretty good, but on the other the plot really didn't make any sense beyond 'collect stuff and stop bad guy' which wouldn't be a problem if they hadn't thrown in all the extraneous shit like 'it was andross all along' and 'krystal? lol idunno tits i guess.' This has been debated over and over and over so I won't go into it.

As far as Sauria not being colonized/mined to shit/claimed as a trophy/taken as a slave labour source by the other governments in Lylat I'd imagine that, supposing the Star Fox setting was a 'serious' (lol) science fiction setting (it isn't) it'd probably be due to some Prime Directive or Garden World legislation, i.e. it's a developing world with a heap of cultures in their civilization's infancy so leave it alone so you don't mess it up like you did your own planet, let them figure things out on their own. But then Krystal bumbles in and so does the star fox team so lol!

The Krazoans were a nice thought and fit in with the overarching sci-fi feel of the game, just a shame that their place in the narrative were just to direct Fox to the next plot point. In most science fiction with Super Elder Ancient Precursor Forerunner Old Ones they're generally the original inventors of whatever super magical science stuff that enables the societies in a given setting to bend space and time/build hyperspace networks/become sentient. So having a bunch of their ruins dotted across the surface with intelligent dinosaurs and seemingly magic stones that keeps the planet fused together, and that the protagonist's weapon is a tool compatible with interfaces in their ruins smacks of some sort of overarching plan by an impossibly advanced and ancient alien civilization that brb'd the universe for some reason. Then again this is never explored or even mentioned in the game beyond 'energy' and 'spirits' so what do I know. keo krazoa lol!

As for Krystal, christ idunno. She might as well have worn a jumpsuit or a dress made of velcro and made the same impact on the story. The reason for her wearing a loincloth and ~fur tattoos murr~ just runs with Rare's penchant for sexualizing their anthropomorphic characters. That kinda shit was in Donkey Kong 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and the Banjo Kazooie series had a hilariously racist native american chick with a loincloth, too. It's their schtick, and this time it worked big time.

Or when can look past simple appearances and realize they don't mean much, especially in games.

Oh what's that? That guy in a lab coat is not a scientist of some type, and is instead a violent, unstable psychopath?

shrug.png

Plausible.

Oh what's that? That guy in the huge armour carrying the giant axe isn't the most bad-ass fighter in all the land, and is actually a big wuss that doesn't know a blade's edge from the crack of his ass?

shrugbonbon.png

Plausible.

Oh what's that? That huge, demonic looking beast adorned in skulls isn't a monster, but in fact a kind creature fighting for the wellness of the land?

shrug.png

Plausible.

Oh what's that? That blue furred vixen wearing a loincloth who has tattoos isn't a total retard, is familiar with space travel and is unimpressed by an aging, decrepit hulk of a ship that is littered with pizza boxes and smells of mold and manstink?

shrug.png

Plausible.

Yes, I thought Krystal might of been a bit of an unsophisticated tribal at first, too, but didn't really question it when she knew how to pilot a spaceship competently, because the only basis for the assumption that she wouldn't know how to was clothing and tattoos, and how many jackasses walk around with tribal tattoos now-a-days?

Already established one instance of a tribal society having and understanding advanced technology in science fiction, and there are other instances of it but I can not think of the name of them, as my Sci-Fi interest isn't very grand outside of Aliens, Predators, and the original Star Trek. No, it's not explained as to why she knows how to pilot a spaceship, but it doesn't really need to be. Space travel seems to be about the equivalent of driving a car in that day and age.

Space travel seems to be about the equivalent of driving a car in that day and age.

shrugponybigmacbymoonga.png

Eeyup, you made a point! :D

Here's a minor thing that's bothered me in retrospect.

Fox made a bit of a stink about the translator not being ready when he first talked to the Queen Earthwalker, and Slippy told him he needed more time. Not long after, Fox can't understand Tricky, and he starts button mashing his wristband, and suddenly, he can understand Tricky.

You'd think they might have a little cutscene or something showing Fox actually getting the translator, as opposed to having it suddenly be finished and working perfectly well.

...It'd make for a nice small gag if it malfunctioned from time to time.

OMG PONYS <3 <3 <3 I didnt know there were bronies on here to XD soo awesome :) Now im comfortable hehe

Fox made a bit of a stink about the translator not being ready when he first talked to the Queen Earthwalker, and Slippy told him he needed more time. Not long after, Fox can't understand Tricky, and he starts button mashing his wristband, and suddenly, he can understand Tricky.

I did notice that. It could have been possible that Fox was refreshing his connection with Slippys program, kinda like when you get a picture in your email. You will only get it if you refresh you inbox :)

OMG PONYS <3 <3 <3 I didnt know there were bronies on here to XD soo awesome :-) Now im comfortable hehe

There are quite a few of them here on SF-O.

Also, try not to double post if you can help it. :)