And you say comics can't be scary...

Fluxy

All I say before you read the following link, is that this is so effing cool and well made. I got sooooo effing scarred from it, and it is just, such a great friken thriller. No lies.

I can't tell who the artist is, cause it is basically all in an Asian language, but the comic part is in English, so if you want a real good thrill, read this. You won't be disappointed.

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31&weekday=thu

I just came across this not too long ago. The "Creepy Korean Comic."

Normally I don't go in for those type of scares, but that one got to me, man.

I just came across this not too long ago. The "Creepy Korean Comic."

Normally I don't go in for those type of scares, but that one got to me, man.

Doom 3 was scarier than this bs.

Doom 3, which I enjoyed and still enjoying thanks to mods, is of a totally different genre. This comic, as horror genre, is more close to games like Silent Hill or Fatal Frame.

Also, young girl in the comic =/= well armed badass soldier.

Doom 3, which I enjoyed and still enjoying thanks to mods, is of a totally different genre.

Also, young girl in the comic =/= well armed badass soldier.

The reason I said that was because Vydrach said a while ago that he didn't understand why people thought Doom 3 was scary or something along those lines which I wonder too. If this made him jump, how the hell didn't Doom 3 do the same?

The reason I said that was because Vydrach said a while ago that he didn't understand why people thought Doom 3 was scary or something along those lines which I wonder too. If this made him jump, how the hell didn't Doom 3 do the same?

Look at my edited post. It's another subgenre of horror. It works for some people, it doesn't for others.

Same thing for Doom 3's subgenre. It works for some, it doesn't for others.

Look at my edited post. It's another subgenre of horror. It works for some people, it doesn't for others.

Same thing for Doom 3's subgenre. It works for some, it doesn't for others.

Well I suppose I just don't understand this subgenre bullshit. It seems to me that if it's scary, it's scary. Regardless of what genre.

Well I suppose I just don't understand this subgenre bullshit. It seems to me that if it's scary, it's scary. Regardless of what genre.

Nownow, before we really go into starting anything, he might simply just be wording it badly.

Myself, I love horror games, and they'll thrill me, but it takes a really good scene, and I mean really good, to thrill me. Not just anything. This comic, with the animations thrown in to get you like that, is different along with the speed and sudden changes from no moment, to really fast coming at you. It is something that is really rarely seen and hard to anticipate, which helps get at you more psychologically.

Dear god that freaked me out. As soon as a I realized I couldn't move the scroll bar down any farther I was thinking "ohshitwhatsgonnahappen?"

Now that was creepy.

I sit at my computer. It was 4:42 in the afternoon. Fluxy here brought a link to a "scary" webcomic. First 5 seconds, not so much as scary. At the 7 second mark I guess It has something to do with zombies or some thing like that. Then at nine I scroll down, something I regret. The computer moved by its self. Watching the strips move by so fast. Smashing my mouse yelling "WHY WONT YOU DIE!!" :troll:

0_0

That was new......you know that feeling you get when something startles you and your body shutters or whaterever while you look at it? Thats how i felt every time there was a "animation" zone.

If I had fur it would be standing up 0_0

Good find though, I felt sad about the suicide part though....

...scared the shit out of me and im going to read it again sicne i found it entertaining somehow...

...scared the shit out of me and im going to read it again sicne i found it entertaining somehow...

I have read it about six times now for that same reason. xP

Holy shit, man. I did not expect that. Like, the first animated bit scared the shit out of me because I didn't expect it. Then, I totally expected the next one, but it scared me even more.

God damn, that was good.

Yeah the first animation was scary, especially since i was reading it at night. Here i was thinking they can only pull that gag once, not gonna do it again. Wrong! The second nearly gave me a heart attack! yey for adrenaline!

WHY DID I READ THAT?! :shock:k_e_eek.gif

The second animation is what really got me! And then the backstory, oh man, I don't wanna sleep anymore. k_e_eek.gif

DOOM 3, the generic FPS that people hailed as being "traumatizing," where as I was running around at 2 in the morning beating things to death with a flashlight because the guns in that game bored me of all people?

Yyyyeeeeaaano. DOOM 64 was scarier than DOOM 3. All DOOM 3 had was being shiny.

This is more or less me when I'm playing "scary" games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8a5zUPx3Bs&hd=1

Games that scared me:

DOOM 64

Aliens vs. Predator Gold Edition(now Classic 2000 on Steam) *scariest game I've played*

SOCOM: Confrontation (night maps)

Dino Crisis

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (when I found out the bastard could chase you through rooms)

*Ahem* Personal disputes are Personal. Take them to PM's; have a good day :3

Also, to all, I like, wanna find more of these sorta things. I wonder if more even exist yet!

Most likely others exist. I hear that this genre of horror is called J-Horror, despite the comic being Korean.

• 2 weeks later...

Most likely others exist. I hear that this genre of horror is called J-Horror, despite the comic being Korean.

Wow, never knew that. Good to know!

And Zack: Yesh, I have done that to about, seven people I know in real life! xDDD