What lurks under the surface...

Milkyway64

The door gave off a terrible air. Given the state of what little they have saw so far, what was beyond couldn't be anymore welcoming, could it?

One of the taller men opened the door. And... nothing. There was nothing. The investigation carried them through the frame into another old fashioned hallway. The tanooki especially felt something wrong. Perhaps it was keen senses, or maybe it was a primal survival instinct. Suddenly, Gene and Delirium blinked, seeming to phase in and out of existence. Or maybe it was he that was doing so. In anycase, his confused, maybe panicked train of thought was interrupted by a familiar voice behind him.

"Hello."

It was the vixen from a few minutes ago. She appeared exactly as she had the last time, but this time her parasol was open.

"Pleasure to make your personal acquaintance. I believe you're worthy of knowing what I want with you."

She "walked" forward. At least, she stood and walked across whatever she used to float. She stopped, looking down at the short tanooki man. Maybe he wanted to run, or maybe he wanted to fight, but it didn't really matter. She held out the parasol, as if to knight him, and the spokes extended with a wretched metallic noise, right into his skull. "You'll see. You'll see."

The spokes retracted. A small bead of blood formed at the entry point of the wound, and she spirited the criminal away.

Gene and Delirium never had a clue.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• King of the Shrooms

• Gene Inari

• Milkyway64

• Vulvokunvrii

delirium was the first to walk through the door, as he investigated there wasn't anything fancy with the room.

"Hey marakana, you getting any vibes or something?"

"I don't mean to be rude Agent McConelly, but shouldn't we catch up with the others?", Stacker asked, feeling a bit edgy in this place.

He felt something was wrong, but almost as fast as he felt bad, it was gone....

Red offered her hand to the Agent.

"I'm Redeemer, most people call me Red..." she stated, "So just call me whichever you like best, haha."

After a few moments delirium realized that his question wasn't answer. he spun around to see what was up to notice the tanooki was missing.....entirely.

"WHAT THE HELL! WHERE IS MARAKANA!" Delirium got spooked at the sudden disappearance of his acquaintance.

"HEY YOU!" he pointed at gene "did you see where the hell he went?"

"the tanooki is completely missing, he isn't anywhere in sight. he just disappeared..." Delirium was perplexed by all this, he didn't see him leave, no blood.....nothing, where could he have gone.

Mark shook his hand to the lady. "Pleasure to meet you Redeemer." he paused, "and you all can just call me Mark. No need for the silly formalities." He said laughing a bit. He heard the request from Stacker, "I can't just leave this man here..." he stated, "we need to all stick together, who knows where they could be by now..." he remarked.

"Well what do you suppose we do? Search him and stuff him in a box?", the Marine asked sarcastically.

Thats when he heard yelling from far away, it sounded like that Avian, but he wasn't terribly sure.

The almost fully covered body of a male, canine by the slight looks assuming no one looked much further, started to wriggle a little bit with a slight whimper and yelp. The man had been under the affects of a night terror as he was sweating beads of salt water which ran like small streams through his hand's pads, and nose, as those were where the main sweat glands were. He was a very rusty colored fox, no white patches on him visible with clothes on, and looked about 5'7". No hair, simply the fur on his back... and rest of his body.

With a sudden gasp and shunting muscle contraction, bringing his body up from slumber in a shocked daze, he grabbed the clothes on him, which gave off a more steam punk feel as he even had the mechanical goggles on his head, and shouted. "I PROMISE THE POCKET WATCH WAS MINE!!!!" Moments later, he was dead silent as he sat there, frozen.

His eyes glanced quickly and all around the room, not sure what this place was, where it was, or why he was even there; Who else was there even was a mystery to him. At that moment, he could do the only thing that he personally kept above his own life, and stood up.

Mumbling to himself very softly as he looked around, he patted his jacket, then front pockets, and continued to the back, his ears perking up in notification that he felt what he needed to. "Oh thank god..." Was all he could breath.

It was then seconds later, his eyes drifted to the open door...

If there was a word that could describe Cairns current mindstate, it would be confusion. Utter confusion. Having never been the sharpest tool in the shed, the sheer amount of new people he seemingly was stuck together with, coupled with the strangeness of this whole ordeal with their surroundings and the strange vixen, he found himself somewhat baffled.

Tediously letting the cogwheels grind in his mind however, he realised the best option would be to at least try to move with the flow for a moment. Get to know some of the other people.

And he could just as well start with the strange fox guy that had just awoken from what seemed like deep unconsciousness.

"Hey, you all right?" He grunted in his best put on compassionate voice.

The fox's sight was still very blurry, and getting focused to the hues and figures in the room. But that wasn't all now; No, it couldn't be. He started hearing voices, and started to get worried.

Quickly turning about to confirm or deny his sanity with visible proof, he sighed in relief, seeing someone else there. And if he wasn't mistaken, it was a very, and big stress on the word 'very', large bull. This man was a near whole foot taller than the rustic fox, broad shouldered, thick necked, and muscular up the wazoo. The bovine was physically everything that the fox wasn't.

Holding back the small "eep", but not able to hide the slight fear in his eye, he gave a light smile and chuckle. "Oh, why hello. Yes, I do seem to be quite alright, thank you kindly." The fox's smile started to turn a little sheepish as the rest of his senses started coming to him. Now there were others too?! The vulpine couldn't comprehend what was even going on, needless to say be able to even see or hear correctly just yet. All he even heard from the bull was what sounded like a questioned form of 'alright'.

"But, do tell; by chance do you know why I am here?" He asked cautiously, still analyzing the room to the best his still skewed vision could, his left hand now on his left back pants pocket.

Cairn shrugged his shoulders. "No clue. But there's this strange vixen that's floating around that seems to know why."

Even with social antennas as underdeveloped as his, he noticed the fox was somewhat at unease with his presence. He was used to that reaction, and frankly, he liked the sense of power it gave him. But it wasn't what he desired now.

"Name's Cairn by the way." He grunted, streetching out a greeting hand.

"So what should we be doin now?" Delirium quizzed the redfox standing in front of him.

"we should see what just happened to the tanooki, i know they change shape but they can't disappear. and while we are at it, my name is delirium. what is your name?"

"Name's, Gene, I'd say 'nice to meet you,' but this isn't really the time." Gene said with a sarcastic bent, "Look," Gene turned so he could face Delirium, "you can find out what happened if you like. I'm more concerned about finding a way out, no way am I sticking around in that hanger. I'm going ahead through this hall, you can tell the others if you want. I'm going ahead." With a shake of his head, Gene turned back and continued down the bare hallway.

Even in here the age of the place was worn quite visibly. There were cracks all along the hallways walls, the floor colored brown from particles of sediment and dirt, the color of the walls were washed out and dulled with a tinge of brown too. All the signs of a severely decrepit and long-abandoned building, and yet the electricity and lights still functioned just as if the place was never left alone.

With a hall this bare, another door or path was sure to be found.

"YO HOLD UP!" Delirium shouted quickly chasing after gene, "we should at least keep partnered up at least, besides we don't want another disappearance." Delirium spoke to gene, helping him examine the hallway.

"besides, i doubt the tanooki is still in the hanger anyway." Delirium said half jokingly, trying to lighten the mood.

Gene's assessment was correct, he'd eventually find a door unlike the others. As little as a peek in revealed that the interior was in much better shape than the outer rooms, boasting smoother materials and even a different color scheme of gray and blue. This place definitely wasn't as abandoned as it seemed.

"Now that's.... odd." Gene said aloud upon his observation of the suddenly new surroundings. Three rooms and Gene already felt like he was in some kind of disjointed maze; a storage room where they began, a large, old hangar with an arwing, a hallway, and now a completely different room. Gene tried to remember if the door that was now closed behind them was different on each side, but for some reason he couldn't recall the information.

what the hell was deliriums only thoughts as he entered the room. this room was in MUCH better shape than what they had seen up till this point, it made delirium extraordinarily suspicious of the situation.

"now what should we make of this gene? this is just weird..." Delirium said that mostly as a thought but expected an answer anyway

"Weird is right." Gene nodded, "This place is being used by someone, so that means we're not the only ones here." Gene was still wrapping his head around that mysterious vixen from earlier. "But let's think about that later and keep moving." Gene led the way.

Mark smiled and breathed a sigh of relief. He was glad that everyone was ok. But he needed to make sure that they all stayed together. There was no telling what this place had in store for them, whatever it was, it freaked Mark out. "Nice to meet you both." He stated to Carin and the fox who had finally recovered from whatever affected them.

"Name is Agent Mark McConnelly, but please just call me Mark" He stated to the two.

Pete continued to stare in the direction the yell had emminated from, still not convinced that it was safe.

Ugh....I know I'm trained for CQB environments, but I really would like to get out of here.....,the fox thought to himself, pondering what might have sparked that yell. WHatever it was, it could still be lurkin garound here....somewhere........

"Carin.... And Mark, alright." The slightly less fearful fox eased, shaking the larger one's hand, and then patting himself down, looking around. "And Gene, of course."

'There are too many foxs here.... I wonder...'

His hands, his left no longer caudal-ed on his back pocket, now were in his front pockets, eyeing everyone with care in the room. "Alright, so, we don't know where we are... But there is someone who thinks she knows why. This vixen, you say, yes?" He inquired, quirking an ear back, and then jumping to a small sort of realization, one could assume, as he shook his head and lightly chuckle.

"I am so terribly sorry. I haven't introduced myself." The rusty fox smiled, now tugging on his goggles and putting them over his eyes with a grin, "I am the great engineer, Bashir Monzama." The tail he had, which was smaller than most fox tails, started to lightly flicker.

Stacker heard the "newcommer" 's name, and turned around facing them all,

"Not to be rude or anything guys, but I think we should get moving. Theres something about this place that makes me feeling uneasy....", the Marine remarkded politly.