What lurks under the surface...

Milkyway64

Gene and Delirium proceeded down the hall. There were several branches and doors of different purposes. Not too far ahead was a hub of sorts, where they saw the backs of two people. One was instantly recognizable as the vixen from earlier, her feet were on the ground this time, and she was leaning onto her umbrella. Next to her was the back of one Fox McCloud, or someone that looked like him at least. They were talking about something, but as they were too far away to notice Gene and the hawk, they were too far away to hear...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• King of the Shrooms

• Gene Inari

• Milkyway64

• Vulvokunvrii

Gene paused as he came up on the two. Looking back at Delirium, Gene put a hand in his face, gesturing him to keep quiet. Gene tried his best to listen in on their conversation, his ears perked up, but it still wasn't enough, their tone was too hushed. Gene pointed at Delirium, then pointed down at his feet, a silent stay here.

Gene quietly inched his away closer, his ears up and alert and his tail curled close.

Delirium nodded and accepted the message, staying put while he watched gene edge ahead.

be careful gene was all delirium could think about at that moment

A third individual joined them from the front, he was a canine of some sort wearing a red uniform of a similar shade to the woman's dress. He spoke to the two for all of a sentence, and slowly stopped. He made eye contact with Gene, and the vixen's gaze followed his. Finally, the Fox-like character put on some shades as he turned.

Despite only three individuals, all unarmed, standing in the room, a dread, heavy air overwhelmed the place. It seemed to emanate from the one in shades, although the woman next to him had one hell of an unsettling smile spread across her face to add to it.

Mark Chuckled at "The great engineer" He chuckeled to himself. 'More like the biggest ego' He remarked to himself. Mark was known to have his ego, but he tried his best to keep it in check. This guy was funny so he looked to the Engineer. "Oh wise engineer" he stated trying to sound serious. "What type of engineer are you?" He asked.

Mark grinned a bit and crossed his arms and waited for an answer. He heard Stacker, and he even wanted to get out of here, but everyone seemed distracted at the moment.

Gene froze in place as he was noticed. Survival instincts and adrenaline kicked in and Gene could feel his heart beat through his chest. Gene gritted his teeth and steeled his nerves, standing straight and pointing an accusing finger at the three. "Who the hell are you three?" Gene disregarded his instincts as he made his way closer to them, thematic as it was, yelling across a hall just didn't suit Gene.

Gene slipped his left hand into his pocket, feeling for the chain he had in his pocket. If any of them tried anything, at least one of them would get a nice face-to-face greeting with his fist.

Stacker pursed his "lips" as he turned around kept watch on the hallway, fingers twitching, ready for anything,

I really wish I had a weapon......, he thought, Then I could fee l more useful.

Delirium was frozen in place the moment he noticed the figures looking in there direction, he could not bring himself to move and his heart was beating extraordinarily loud.

don't approach them, DON'T! was deliriums only thoughts.

The three stared at Gene. The canine backed away, and then turned to fast walk in the other direction.

"My, you aren't supposed to be here." the vixen said, lifting her parasol and opening it over her shoulder. "Which ones were you, again?" The male fox, who now resembled James more than the younger McCloud, took a step forward. Then another. With both of them, the heavy air got worse. "My lord," the vixen spoke. "Wait, I'm not entirely sure which these two are..."

Gene folded his arms in open defiance, ditching the chain wrapped around his knuckles, "Hmph, like I was going to just wait around for something to happen." Gene eyed them with his own mismatched green and gold ones. "Next time, invest in a few more locks and maybe then I'll be disinclined to wander out of that dusty hangar of yours."

"i'm not entirely sure talking trash at them is the brightest idea at the moment gene." Delirium said still unnerved, but mobile. he walked up to Genes side to assist if anything happens

"so who are you people anyway?" Delirium directed this question to the people staring at them, primarily at the vixen with parasol though.

"Oh, aren't you feisty." she snapped back. James seemed to be mute. "I'd suggest you run back to your friends, unless you want to be going early. I'm sure the Lord won't mind."

She phased through the floor and left just James alone. Funnily enough, Delirium was probably big enough by himself to take on the much smaller vulpine, even one handed, but something weird was going on. The thick aura only got thicker, and his body itself defied anatomy in its movements. Gene, being the closer of the two, was the first to begin experiencing the whispers in his head as he drew near.

The whispers came like a headache, pressing into his conscious. Gene took a half-step back out of reflex as the McCloud look-alike edged his way closer. Gene gritted his teeth from the noise. No, he wasn't about to take this standing around like a horror-struck idiot. Gene reached for the chain in his pocket once again, and then charged towards his assailant with a left hook.

Once more, Delirium was frozen in fear. he had no idea why though, he could easily trash figure walkin toward him, but between the voices in his head and the figure walkin toward him, Delirium could not move. He wanted to reach out and hold Gene back but couldn't bring himself to stop him, he could only watch in fear.

The chain-enhanced punch thudded against the vulpine's skull, breaking the glasses in the process. The McCloud straightened his head again, and "stared." The shades had a reason behind them now; they hid his eyes, or what he had for them. His eyesockets were empty, black voids. Well, not entirely, there were dots inside. Stars? No, they were separate sets of eyeballs, staring back. The whispers and dread air also came from these horror windows, and the more Gene looked at them, he felt as if he was being pulled in. Although it was hard to notice at first through the supernatural suffocation, somewhere along the line the fox's hand had wrapped its way around Gene's throat.

the moment Delirium noticed the hand wrapping around gene's neck, the moment adrenaline kicked in full gear. Delirium jumped into action to attempt to slam the foe off of his friend. Delirium quickly got into position and punched as hard as he could.

The blow did little to dissuade the monster's actions, especially since both Gene and Delirium were close enough to have their ability to think hampered. Fact of the matter was, James didn't feel to be a living thing. He was as light and hollow as his insides suggested, yet seemed to ignore basic physics. Also, the monster didn't exactly seem enthusiastic about the probable murder, Gene was still alive, and Delirium had nothing more than a migraine.

Breaking through the migraine the best he could, Delirium noticed that his blow did nothing...Delirium then attempted to pry the monsters hands off his friends neck the best he can. His vision blurred and his strength sapped, delirium did his best to help his friend to pry the monsters cold hand.

Gene gasped for air, trying desperately to pry this thing's arms apart and away from his neck. With the last bits of his wits, Gene suddenly shifted his resistance forward, headbutting his strangler and and kicking his feet off of it.

Gene escaped. But not necessarily through his own endeavors, the monster just seemed to get bored of him. He took another pair of glasses from his pocket, and put them on. Just by doing so, the stress and whispers dropped to very bearable levels, and then finally to nothing as he turned and went on his business. Why and what that was all about was to remain a mystery for just a while longer.

"Are you alright Gene?" Delirium snatched up his near unconscious fox friend in his arms, "the..whatever that was, ravaged you kinda bad."

Gene coughed as he caught his breath, sprawled out rather indignantly, catching up with his close encounter. Gene's vision spun as he was picked up by Delirium. A few minutes passed as Delirium tried getting through to Gene, who was conscious but unresponsive. Then Gene shook his head with a groan, suddenly hearing Delirium's voice.

Although Gene didn't quite catch what he said, Gene didn't care. He pushed Delirium off of him and sat up on his own. While rubbing his temple Gene said to Delirium, "I'll- I'll be fine. You go. Let me sit here for a bit..." What was that thing..?

"after what just happened? i don't think leaving would be in my best interest...your a sitting corpse if your caught like this alone by something."Delirium said getting up and stretching his wings out. Delirium was still a little fuzzy headed but was more than capable of doing things by this point.

(Okay, theres no action standing around, I'm going to go find Gene and Delirium)

Ugh.....I can't stand not knowing what this place is....those other two might be in trouble or something...., the Marine thought to himself as he slipped away and walked down the hallway, looking for the Hawk and other Fox.

(Yeah, I second that notion.)

Noticing Pete silently walking away from the group, obviously heading for the two other guys that had split up earlier, Cairn decided to follow suit. Just standing around and chit chatting with the others would most probably prove less successful than actually going out, looking for answers when it came to untangling all this.

"None of us should go anywhere alone." He grumbled as he caught up with Pete and continued alongside him. "Whatever that vixen said to comfort us, this place still gives me the creeps."