Cavemonkynick

Hey everybody. I am Cavemonkynick, or just Nick for short. I'm currently 19 and am in my second semester at East Georgia College. I joined SFO a few years back but never really strayed to far past the Fan-Fiction fourm. Latley I've been getting a little more active, parcially due to my girlfriend joining the navy. She kinda was my social life, save like three other people, so yea.

I sunk myself back into my fanfic for a while and got a bunch done. A buddy of mine dropped in on me a few weeks ago and finally read it and sugested I do a raido play. Sp i put it out there and got decent responce but best of all got to meet some really awesome people, you know who you are:) and whether they know it or not they really have helped me through a extreamly hard time in my life.

I won't go into all the details but Bailey (my girlfriend) and are very close. Weve been together for almost 4 years (October 24) and so when she left for boot and i couldn't see or or even talk to her, my world was shattered. An entire piece of my life was gone and i didn't know what to do with myself. Now this was all six weeks ago. About 3 weeks ago is when I got back into this fourm. While I still feel that missing piece, i found people i can talk to and get my mind off of her not being here. It also helps that she graduates a week from friday and i'll finally be with her again.

So anyways, i think this will sort of be a place where i can just lay out thoughts and stuff and hopefully get some input. For this one I've got a second project I've technicly been working on in my head for years but just started writing a week or so ago. Heres the first paragraph:

My story doesn’t start with “Once upon a time,” or “Long ago, in a land unknown”. Heck, my story doesn't even start with me. It isn’t about a knight in shining armor or single hero starting from nothing building an army and overcoming impossible odds. It’s not about searching for a lost artifact that holds the power to save the world. It’s not about romance or forbidden love. It’s about a man and two of his closest friends fighting for what they believe in. It’s about facing your demons and trusting your heart. I am Tomas Aran… and this is my story.

So tell me what you think, an if you'd like to see more.

Welp untill next time, thanks for listening... reading... whatever:)

Nick

Hey everyone. I'll go ahead and warn you, i may ramble a bit here as its quite late and im kinda making myself do this because i said i would.

So this time next week I'll be like 1000 miles north of my current location in Chicago Illinois. I'll be in a hotel room probably lying awake staring at the celing because I'm too anxious to sleep. As of today its been 51 full days and some change since i last held Bailey in my arms. I cant begin to describe how long and hard these 8 weeks have been for me, but to see Bailey come out of this with her head held high and the whole world at her fingertips... that makes the time apart worth it. While i know she will come home in 4 years, had she never left, this place would have held no future for her. She would have never been truly happy with herself.

I've always heard that old saying "if you really love someone, let them go," and ive always thought it was total bulls**t. But now i understand what it realy means. It dosn't meen you have to run off everyone you care about, you just have to let them live their lives. Bailey will be back, and when she gets here I'll be waiting.

I have a future here. I have a good home, parents why care for me, frings willing to goof off but man enough to dig in when things get tough and stand behind me when I need them, as i would for them. Bailey wasn't as lucky. She had me of course, and she always will, but I can't always be there. Out of respect for her i won't go into details.

Well, anyways, at this rate im gonna start repeting myself soon so i better cut this off while i still can.

Stay cool my SFO brothers and sisters.

Nick

today is the best day i've had in a long time.

It all started about 5:15 this morning. The alarm on my phone managed to scare the crap outta me. Any other day i would have had to force myself to get up, but not today. I was so worked up about the day i was almost sick. I got in the shower and tried to calm down, but u couldn't help but think "5 more hours... Just 5 more fucking hours..." The warm water managed to wash away my nausa, and i dressed in solitude, even tho my mom, dad, and sister were in the other half of the hotel room. I woke mom and told her i was gone, as per her orders. I checked my phone as i rode the painfuly slow elevator to the bottem floor, 6:04. When the doors finally opened i made my way to the breakfast area. I didn't eat, i was to anxious.

As i rode to the navel base my insides were in knots, and the gaping hole in my cheast was aching more than ever. The closer i got the worse it hurt. At about 7:30 we were finally in the drill hall. For the first time in ages i was only a mile away from her. I could hardly keep still. I could feel her close by. Then the cereamony started. The dorrs opened and the 7 divisions that were graduating marched in. And there she was... In front of God and a room full of people from all over the country, 19 year old 210 pound me bawled like a baby. The love of my life was right in front of me, but i couldn't get to her. I had to litarly clutch my chest in pain.

The graduation drug on for what seamed like forever. There was plenty going on but i couldn't take my eyes off her. Mom was gonna hate i didn't get a lot of pictures, but that didn't matter to me. The only thing that mattered was getting to her. 2 hours later the it was over and i was off. I didn't know how but i managed to find her straight away and for the first time in 63 days, i held the girl of my dreams in my arms again, and again i cried. She looked diffrent... she had somthing i never saw in her before. When i looked into her eyes there was a new fire. She had tested the waters and learnd that she could acomplish anything she put her mind to, somthing her mother had never bothered to tell her. But at the same time she hadn't really changed. She saw herself in a diffrent light but not me. She was still my Bailey, the girl who saw the best in me when i had given up on myself, and nothing would ever change that. Did i know that before? No... and i was scared... scared that i wasn't going to be good enough and that she was going to move on. I was never more happy to be wrong.

The rest of the day was a bit of a blur and before long it was over and we were dtopping her off at the base again. I'll see her again tomarrow but even if i didn't i think i could still be content. She's happy, shes safe, and she has a fresh start. Her life is hers to live now, and i'll be home wating for her return.

Looking back the days don't seem so long, but hindsights 20/20 and it was hell getting here. Life can resume a sort of normalacy for me. Whille i might not see her everyday, i'll at least hear her voice, a luxuary i haven had for a while... Never take those three hour conversations about absolutly nothing for granted.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks ajc:) Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Its been a little crazy around here. As of now my major is tecinaly "general studies" i.e. im just getting my cores. Hopefully I'll go on to a place where i can learn computer programing, idealy for video games. Its one of those childhood dreams that can actually produce a decent future.

Anyways. Back to ma life the past few weeks starting where the last post left off.

The rest of the weekend was just what the Dr. ordered, espically sunday morning. We had about an hour to ourselves and we spent it enjoying each others compney in a way we havent been ablle to in a long time. Nothing X rated mind you. We had the rest of the day before we took her back to the base. To kinda draw thing out a bit we parked outside and i walked her back to sign her in. Leaving her there was the hardest thing I've ever done. The ride home was long and lonley but she has a phone now and i can hear her voice more than once a month now.

I took that tuesday off of school because frankly i was sick of cars for a while and to catch up on sleep. I thing over the 5 nights we were gone, i got a total of mabye 8 hours of sleep so i was thourghly exausted, emotionaly, mentaly, and physicaly. Wendnesday i couldnt afford to skip because of an amarician governmant midterm which i had not studied for at all. so i just drew random shapes and shit on the scantron and by the grace of God pulled of a 75. I have no idea how, but i did. The rest of the week was slow. As a matter of fact the next point of intrest wasn't untill the following tuesday. A friend of mine, Jacob, needed a ride home so he could stay later and do some work, so i agreed to take him home when i got out of my 8 to 10 (yes pm) class. When we I got out, my other buddy, Daniel whos in my class, mentioned he was hungry, well so was i and so was jacob so we looked up the number for the local dominos and went for Pizza. We picked it up and drove bavk to campus, where we sat under a gazabo, in the rain, at 11:00 at nite, eating pizza and talking about random crap. It was awesome....

....Untill i woke up the next moring with the sinus infection from hell. It managed to lay me up untill just this morning plaugeing me with conjestion, migranes, and a lack of balaunce that is usualy assoisated with inner ear infections. It did, however give me one day of reprive last saturday. This worked out perfect because an old school friend of mine, emily, was throwing a halloween party. I went as ethen mars from heavy rain. I even taped down my pinky and wrapped it up to look like id chopped it off. Apperently it was convencing because i had to explain multiple times that it was part of the costume. But them we broke out guitar hero ans the tape came off, lol. It was definatly a fun nite. the party was sceduled to be over at 11 but i ended up stayong untill almost one, sitting arount the fire pit catching up with emily, She transfered to another school when were in the 7th grade. It was nice t sit around and retell high school storied to someone who hadn't heard them yet.

So event wise your caught up. As far as me and Bailey go, were in a bit of an ajustment phase as we both get useded to her secdule. Were able to talk everyday now so that helps a lot, and hopefully I'll be getting to go up to virginia to see her in a few weeks for my birthday. I WAS gonna get a 3ds, but that can wait:)

I think the only other thing worth mentioning is my external hard drive bit the dust a week or so ago, so all my writing has ground to a halt. The drive is still under warrentee so they'll replace it for free but they wanna charge me to get all my information off. so that gotta sit for a while. Well anyways i think this is plenty long enough for a journal enery, plus its almost midnight and ime bloody tired so g'night people.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. its been a while... again. Im tellin you, my comp is such a piece of crap. its like pulling teeth just to check facebook, speaking of pulling teeth, no wait im getting ahead of myself.

So the last time i updated i mentioned goin to see Bailey. Friday the 11 i got up at 5:00 for the 7 hour drive to fort lee verginia. The driving itself wasn't that bad but being in a car by yourself for that long gets old. So when i got to the base, my buddy jared who's also stationed in verginia, although not at the same base met me at the gate. We picked up Bailey, I checked i to my hotel, and headed to the mall. We hung out and had a good time, but saturday the 12 (my birthday) after jared went home is when all the fun happened. Needless to say i can't go into details but a day alone with each other is exactly what we needed. Best birthday ever. She even bought me Gears of War 3. I truly am lucky to have a girl like her. Sunday we had lunch then i set off for home. I even shaved an hour off my time by perfecting peeing in a can while driving. I got home at almost midnight and crashed.

I spent the week playing through gears, final fantasy 12 again and finighing path of radience on normal so that i could import to radient dawn. Then yesterday i had three wisdom teeth taken out. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as i thought it was gonna be. Bu last night i was enjoying pizza hut. Im still a little sore but all in all i thought i'd be a lot worse.

Also for everyone involved, the radio play is totaly still on, ive just got to fill in a few blanks and get my segate fixed.

Anyways sorry i took so long to get back to yall, see ya around peeps.

Hey guys. its been a while... again. Im tellin you, my comp is such a piece of crap. its like pulling teeth just to check facebook, speaking of pulling teeth, no wait im getting ahead of myself.

So the last time i updated i mentioned goin to see Bailey. Friday the 11 i got up at 5:00 for the 7 hour drive to fort lee verginia. The driving itself wasn't that bad but being in a car by yourself for that long gets old. So when i got to the base, my buddy jared who's also stationed in verginia, although not at the same base met me at the gate. We picked up Bailey, I checked i to my hotel, and headed to the mall. We hung out and had a good time, but saturday the 12 (my birthday) after jared went home is when all the fun happened. Needless to say i can't go into details but a day alone with each other is exactly what we needed. Best birthday ever. She even bought me Gears of War 3. I truly am lucky to have a girl like her. Sunday we had lunch then i set off for home. I even shaved an hour off my time by perfecting peeing in a can while driving. I got home at almost midnight and crashed.

I spent the week playing through gears, final fantasy 12 again and finighing path of radience on normal so that i could import to radient dawn. Then yesterday i had three wisdom teeth taken out. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as i thought it was gonna be. Bu last night i was enjoying pizza hut. Im still a little sore but all in all i thought i'd be a lot worse.

Also for everyone involved, the radio play is totaly still on, ive just got to fill in a few blanks and get my segate fixed.

Anyways sorry i took so long to get back to yall, see ya around peeps.

always good to hear from ya
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again guys. Welp i fanally got a new laptop so I'll hopfully I'll be able to keep up with this more often. The past few weeks have been a little hectic what with finals and the play but im finally done with everything and can relax a bit. This coming thursday I'm going back to Virginia to bring Bailey home for Christmas, I cant wait. :) well I'd like to type more but I thing I'm gonna go back to sleep instead :P lol. See ya around.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. been another few weeks since i updated. Not too much new news. Bailey is home for christmas and we've really enjoyed our time together. Tomorrow we're leaving for Orlando, Floridia on my first disney world trip since i was like 10, and at 20 years old im just as excited as i was back then. Theres just somthing about disney world that brings out the kid in you no matter how old you get. I swear my 0 somthing year old mom is mre excited than i am. And the best part is baily gets to go before she gets shipped of to japan so this will definatly be an awesome trip. I'll be out of the loop again untill after january 9th when we get back so see yall then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, well I'm back from vacation. Disney World was awesome. We got to go to every park and Bailey really enjoyed it. Shes never been before so I'm really glad she got to go. She made it to her ship a few days ago and is setteling in well. We found out the ship has wifi on it so well be able to keep in touch relativley easy. The only real obsticle weve met so far if the time diffrence. Shes 14 hours ahead. So we have like a swees spot around 3 my time when shes waking up to talk. She dosnt get off work untill like 5 in the morning my time. It'll take some getting used to but I'm starting to relize that hopfully this won't be as bad as I initaly feared.

I've really been struggling with a creative block on all fronts recently. Then yesterday i was dozing while listening to my iPod when the soundtrack from bit-trip flux came on. The song is below. It was like someone flipped a switch in my head. There were so many ideas that my brain was litarly itching with them. The thing that sticks out the most though is what came to mind when i started thinking about the stories I'm writing. The phrase, "Whithin these pages I am god, but that doesnt make me a dictator. Each story is an entire new world and much like the one we live in that world has a flow. It is so much more than words on a page, to both the reader and the writer the world is alive. If I, the writer, tey to force the ideas onto page in a way that dosnt flow the world dies." Mabye my over dramatic imagination is blowing things out of preportion but thats how i feal when i write.

Well, anyways, Skyrim is calling so I'll talk to you guys later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bah6Hyq00rk&feature=related

• 5 weeks later...

So I seem to have found myself in a bit of a funk again. Big surprise right?

Its been a week since i last talked to bailey, and it will probably be a week longer still. Its weird though, its not bothering me as much as it used to, which is both a relief and a bad thing... I mean I'm glad I'm not depressed but its supposed to bother me... A piece of me is halfway across the world in a place where i cant see, hear, or touch her. I should be lost in my memories desperate to hold on to every last shred of her I may have over looked. I should be numb to the world around me. I should be sinking myself into games and books in an effort to escape my own world and momentarily forget that shes gone... But I'm not. I'm the same person I was before she left except i text less now...

Its absolutely infuriating. I know it seems weird but I want it to hurt. Shes my entire world... She stuck with me when even I was sick of who I had become. And now I feel nothing.

Maybe my body has reached it's limit. Maybe it's trying to protect me from myself by shutting down the pain and the longing. And maybe that's for the best but it still sucks... I hate that I'm not falling apart. I feel bad that I can resume a normal life while she's gone.

I feel like I'm forgetting her..... I feel lie I'm emotionally moving on or giving up and that scares me. I don't want to stop caring. I don't want to lose her...

I realize this may not be the best place to pour my heart but I really needed to get this off my chest or I was going to lose my mind. Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

Its been a week since i last talked to bailey, and it will probably be a week longer still. Its weird though, its not bothering me as much as it used to, which is both a relief and a bad thing... I mean I'm glad I'm not depressed but its supposed to bother me... A piece of me is halfway across the world in a place where i cant see, hear, or touch her. I should be lost in my memories desperate to hold on to every last shred of her I may have over looked. I should be numb to the world around me. I should be sinking myself into games and books in an effort to escape my own world and momentarily forget that shes gone... But I'm not. I'm the same person I was before she left except i text less now...

Its absolutely infuriating. I know it seems weird but I want it to hurt. Shes my entire world... She stuck with me when even I was sick of who I had become. And now I feel nothing.

Maybe my body has reached it's limit. Maybe it's trying to protect me from myself by shutting down the pain and the longing. And maybe that's for the best but it still sucks... I hate that I'm not falling apart. I feel bad that I can resume a normal life while she's gone.

I feel like I'm forgetting her..... I feel lie I'm emotionally moving on or giving up and that scares me. I don't want to stop caring. I don't want to lose her...

I realize this may not be the best place to pour my heart but I really needed to get this off my chest or I was going to lose my mind. Thanks for listening.

dude i no the absolute feeling. not even joking. Around two years ago something big happened to me and and i felt really hurt inside, but after about a year the pain started to fade. Sounds like a good thing right? but it was terrible. the pain reminded me of what happened something i didn't want to forget. I struggled to remember but after a while it faded to nothing...
  • Like 1

Good to know I'm not the only only one. Thanks AJC

• 4 weeks later...

So here's the deal. Last Tuesday thanks to the best mom in the world i was able to get Mass Effect 3. I haven't been able to put it down. Now I"m not going to spoil anything for anyone who is going to play it. From the second I put it in it was everything I'd hoped for.... Right up until I finished the game just a short while ago. Again, not spoiling anything, but it just felt... cheep... Idk... I'll still play the game, its to good not to, but I don't know that I'll ever be happy with the ending.

In other news, Bailey was in port for all of three days before shipping out again which sucks. It feels like ever since the end of January every single time I've talked to her the conversation has been like "leaving again, talk to you for another 10 seconds in a week i think." It sucks hardcore...

Put it together and what have you got? A very disappointed and depressed me. I need something happy... maybe ponies...

So here's the deal. Last Tuesday thanks to the best mom in the world i was able to get Mass Effect 3. I haven't been able to put it down. Now I"m not going to spoil anything for anyone who is going to play it. From the second I put it in it was everything I'd hoped for.... Right up until I finished the game just a short while ago. Again, not spoiling anything, but it just felt... cheep... Idk... I'll still play the game, its to good not to, but I don't know that I'll ever be happy with the ending.

In other news, Bailey was in port for all of three days before shipping out again which sucks. It feels like ever since the end of January every single time I've talked to her the conversation has been like "leaving again, talk to you for another 10 seconds in a week i think." It sucks hardcore...

Put it together and what have you got? A very disappointed and depressed me. I need something happy... maybe ponies...

keep busy man, find a way to pass the time with somthing constructive and i'm sure you pick up.
  • Like 1

That twilight is enormous.... and shes staring into my soul... *has to struggle to break eye contact*

So I think I've come to terms with Mass effect 3's ending and am moving on with life, lol. All it took was a good nights sleep and for my brain to form a non-cannon solution that I can paste to the end in my head and the world was right again :D. I'll be honest, at first I thought that when I played the third I'd never want to go back through the first one again. Its a great game and all and I love it but I've played through it SO. MANY. TIMES. that it had become repetitive and a bit of a chore, but now I find myself wanting to go through and experiment with all the different directions the game can go in. I honestly believe that 20 different people could play the series and none of the play-throughs would be identical. The series is truly a work of art.

In other news, about a month or so ago (something like that) I put up a thread starting a creative writing contest. (It's floating around the lounge somewhere. Yell if you're interested but cant find it.) I haven't gotten many submissions yet, 2 to be exact, but those 2 have sparked me to write a little something for it myself. I'll probably put it up alongside all the others and let those that posted submissions to rate mine like i rated theirs. Of course it would be excluded from the competition itself and be just for fun. We'll see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals. So I have some interesting and exciting news. After exhausting all of my options here at home, Bailey and I have come to a decision. If all goes as planned, by the end of 2012 we will be happily married and I will be living on base with her in Sasebo Japan with the girl of my dreams. Now a few pieces have to fall in place first but the worst that can happen at this point is we have to push it back a bit. I'm super excited to be with her again:)

• Like 1

O CRAP :D HAPPY FACE

YEEEESSSSSSS SSSOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH HAPPY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I know I've been neglecting my journal a bit but there's a very good reason for that: my life is frickin boring. If i were to update this every day, or even every week it would basically consist of "I spent all of my time on youtube, games, chores, and sleeping, wooo." and no one wants to read that. I don't even want to take the time to write it. So instead here's a list of female characters i have an unexplainable stiffy, obsession, love for.

1. Freya Crescent from Final Fantasy IX. Based proportionally on the amount of time you spend with them, Freya is probably the deepest and most tragic character in this game. Yeah there was the whole thing with Garnet or Dagger but her whole conflict was pretty much just between her, her mother, and Zidane who had the emotional range of a sack of potato chips. Freya's tale was much more tragic. First Fratly wonders off and never comes back, then years after she leaves to find him she hears about her home being attacked. She returns to find it in shambles but is told by a straggler that most of the Burmacians escaped to a sacred tree wrapped in a sandstorm (wtf) then when she gets there Fratly turns up but doesn't remember her and leaves. Then the bad guys drop in and run them out of their tree. And afterwards it only takes her like 10 seconds to get her head together and focus on the mission, unlike that whiny little bitch Zidane who runs off and gets drunk just because Garnet hasn't thrown any peanuts at the little monkey boy recently. Anywho, moving on.

2. Nephenee from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (PoR) and Radiant Dawn (RD). In PoR Nephenee is easy to overlook but with a little time, meaning a buttload of bonus EXP, she quickly transforms from farmer turned militia into a killing machine. She may not have the best defense but when she class changes from soldier to halberdier her speed goes through the roof so pretty much only bosses can touch her and her attack rivals Ike's. In RD she achieves untouchable status when makes her second class change to Sentinel and picks up the Impale skill. When she hits this tier her critical hit chance goes way up making almost every second or third hit critical, plus when the Impale skill kicks in its an almost guaranteed ista-kill. Pair her up with a decent healer, preferably with a physic staff and she'll mow down anything stupid enough to attack her in the enemy phase.

3. Fluttershy. Nuff said.

4. Samus Aran from the Metroid series (Other M doesn't count but that's another rant for another time that can be summed up with this video). I really don't know what it is about Samus, she's just bloody awesome. She kills big things with guns and looks good doing it. What more could you want?

We'll that"s all I have for this list. Feel free to agree or disagree as you feel led to. Oh and if you think of any other lists that I kill time with PLEASE let me know.

i enjoyed ur immense detail especially with #3 (although it lacks apple) maybe you could do ur favorite hero/protagonists next

Well, the inevitable has finally happened. After frustrating bouts with boredom Tomas, my Keyblade wielding world wondering brain-child, has finally found himself in Equestria. I couldn't sleep last night and my brain wondered off into left field... again so I just started writing. I'm working on it now but it's sort of slow going and I wanted a little feedback so here's what I have so far.

“What the heck is it?â€

“Spike! Be nice!â€

“Oh come on Twilight. It’s not like it can hear me. It’s been out cold since we found it.â€

Tomas was slowly becoming more aware of his surroundings, or at least could make out the voices that were quietly arguing next to him.

“Perfect,†he thought to himself, “another day, another foreign world… Some days being chosen by the Keyblade really sucks…†Tomas was one of the few remaining wielders left, which was fine when he was able to travel the worlds on his own accord. What was NOT fine was when he was randomly sucked into another world because the universe had a bad burrito for lunch giving it indigestion or whatever caused the random warps that seemed to love him so much.

The pair of voices were still going at it and Tomas entertained the thought of just lying there with the hope that they would lose interest but he quickly dismissed it as wishful thinking at best. Without opening his eyes he started to shift his arms to hoist himself into a sitting position but his efforts were thwarted but by sharp pains from every muscle and joint he had just tried to move. Tomas groaned.

“Hey,†one of the voices said. “I think it’s waking up.†Tomas finally opened his eyes.

“I must have hit my head,†He thought aloud. Standing over him, her face barely a foot away from was a unicorn with a light purple coat.

“Oh wonderful!†The unicorn exclaimed with a smile, “You can talk! That will make this much easier.†Tomas was having trouble processing exactly what he was seeing. He opened his mouth but couldn’t decide how to respond so he shut it again. “I’m Twilight Sparkle,†she continued seemingly oblivious to Tomas’ utter shock, “And this is Spike.†Twilight turned to reveal what Tomas guessed was a small dragon with purple scales and green spines sitting on her back.

“Sup?†Spike said.

“…Sup…†Tomas managed. He forced himself into a sitting position. Twilight moved around to his front and Spike slid off of her back to stand next to her.

“So,†Twilight said, “What’s your name?â€

“Tomas… Tomas Aran.â€

“What are you?†Spike asked, earning a brief sharp look from Twilight.

“Uh… I'm a human.†He responded. Both Twilight and Spike cocked their heads to the side. Tomas ignored the gesture are started taking in the scenery around him. Everything was so vibrant and colorful. It almost gave him a headache. “Where am I?†Tomas asked.

“In a field,†Spike answered. Tomas sighed but otherwise didn’t respond opting to stand instead. He was a bit unsteady at first but quickly adjusted. He turned his attention back to his audience who were staring up at him. Twilight was about chest high to Tomas so she didn’t have to strain much but Spike, who was maybe half Twilight’s height, was having to balance himself with his tail to keep from falling over backwards.

“So, you’re obviously not from Equestria,†Twilight said quietly. Tomas couldn’t tell if the statement was directed at him or if she was just thinking aloud but decided to respond anyway.

“No, I’m from… Uh…†he said considering his next words carefully. “I’m from another world.†Spikes eyes grew wide.

“So you’re an alien from another planet who’s come here to make us slaves and suck out our brains if-â€

“Spike!†Twilight cut the dragon off. Tomas couldn’t help but laugh.

“No,†He said kneeling down on one knee next to Spike and placing a hand on his head like a father might do to comfort his child. “No nothing like that.†He looked up at Twilight. They were roughly eye level now and the unicorn was giving Tomas an apologetic smile. He smiled back as Spike wriggled out from under his hand. Tomas allowed it to fall back at his side.

So that's everything I have right now. At this point I'm sort of letting the story write itself if you know what I mean so I'm not really sure where it's going, if anywhere. Be sure to let me know what you think.