Like and Dislike about SF: Adventures

Prince Elite

gave the series a consistent storyline,

Sure, it made plot-holes

Eeeyup. Sure is contradiction in hurr

A. It IS really fun. Parts of it can drag on, but overall it is SO FUN to explore and do battle with Sharpclaws and just go on, well, adventures. I mean, the wide variety of different landscapes one can explore and the different little things you can do (speederbike racing is one) just keep it fun the whole way through.

This is really subjective. In fact, a lot of fans agree that combat in Adventures is stupid.

As for speederbike racing, you only get two times in the entire 20 hour game to do it and after that, never again. Adventures is lacking in minigames by your own words, and yes, we already know the game is gorgeous to look at. Fun of exploring though? Allow me to harken back to Metroid Prime or even Twilight princess, where there's actual meat to exploration. Those games have hidden secrets out the wazoo, Adventures doesn't have as many hidden caves and holes to discover. Just another case of Adventures being outshined by much better games on its shelf.

B. How is it a bad way? It added a new planet, gave the series a consistent storyline, added more personality to Fox, and added a new member to Star Fox. Sure, it made plot-holes, but a solid sequel can help fill some of those in. I honestly don't see how plot-holes made the game so bad.

As already pointed out, you just made a big contradiction. And no, "consistent" is the last word to use seeing as characters, rules, and more change rapidly as the series goes. I'll give that Fox's character had an improvement, but the series as a whole fell right apart after Adventures.

C. I'm supportive of the series doing something new. Not every SF game needs to be a rail shooter, and Adventures WAS a breath of fresh air. Sure, it may have been forced into being a SF game; but it was fun and lead the way for Assault, which is perhaps the best SF game (IMO) and has equal amounts of Arwing and Ground Combat. It was nice to see Fox out of the cockpit and exploring for once.

I am too. But no, if my starfox games aren't fast paced stage progressed games with bosses at the end where I can be scoran like a moran, then it has failed. Adventures was -NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL- what StarFox is about.

I'd rag on Assault too, but that's another can of worms altogether. I'll just say it was better than Adventures in that regard but still awful for other reasons.

D. See, I KNEW you were gonna go DIRECTLY to the sexual link. It's NOT JUST FURRIES it brought in. Adventures was an early GC game and plenty of kids who hadn't played the others were brought into the series from it. But you know what? You're right, Krystal IS sexy; but we all KNOW that; and even if you can't stand Furries, they still are buying the games and thus helping to keep the SF series going.

Furries are a good number of them, though. Adventures is pretty lackluster in almost all ways, and fans of Adventures aren't fans of Starfox, they are fans of adventure games. Shame too, Adventures is the worst entry to the series one can take. It's completely different, not very good at what it tries to achieve, and the only ones who even remember it are the irritating type of fanboy who loves the absolute mess latter starfox has become while writing self insert fanfiction about Krystal.

• Like 1

Prince, I want to personally apologize for aiding in getting your topic off track. That was my bad :/

Now:

Thank you User, for understanding what I was saying :friends:

Second, I admit there are some plot holes in ADVENTURES but it gave the series a consistent storyline as it led directly to Assault, which ties in directly to Command.

Third:

Actually, no. You know what else is talked about? Custers Revenge. ET on Atari. Simon's Quest.

Only those are all universally hated, but you get the point. The game has been discussed to death and there's hardly any good points for it standing in its favor. What's more hotly debated is the chronically blind fanboy I.E you that offers nothing to this "ongoing debate" other than simply your word that it is good and a Krystal emote. Which has its own implications in itself.

I didn't come here to debate, I KNOW some people don't like Adventures.

And I was fine just as was, but then you had to go after what I said; which STILL would've been whatev as to each their own; but then there's you taking shots at me which got me hot.

Of course, that's what you wanted and you got your debate and a rise out of me.

But, at this point it's not worth the frustration; actually, it's NEVER worth the frustration.

So, thanks, you've ruined another fun topic for me.

Second, I admit there are some plot holes in ADVENTURES but it gave the series a consistent storyline as it led directly to Assault, which ties in directly to Command.

That's sequence, not consistency. Consistency is deeeeeeaaaaad in Starfox now. Or would you like to tell me what ever happened to Cerinia as explained in Assault, or the story behind the Krazoa, WHY they are there and why Corneria isn't interested in their magic that can -ressurect the dead.-

I didn't come here to debate, I KNOW some people don't like Adventures.

And I was fine just as was, but then you had to go after what I said; which STILL would've been whatev as to each their own; but then there's you taking shots at me which got me hot.

Of course, that's what you wanted and you got your debate and a rise out of me.

But, at this point it's not worth the frustration; actually, it's NEVER worth the frustration.

So, thanks, you've ruined another fun topic for me.

Excuse me for speaking my mind. At the end of the day it seems I was right, you've done nothing but put forth feeble attempts to back a wildly incorrect claim and then chastize me when Adventures fanboy x can't explain why they prefer dolled up shovelware. My bad for calling out a pattern I've been seeing out of you guys.

• Like 1

Why do i have to post about this AGAIN! could you guys have just been there when i was writing whole paragraphs about this game with dras.

I liked several thing about it, the graphics, the story(but i also disliked) , the characters, the atmosphere, the long game play time, the krazoa were beast

dislikes, well the story left a few plot holes, it changed fox from his star fox 64 counter part, combat was poor, sorta cheese at parts

Prince, I want to personally apologize for aiding in getting your topic off track. That was my bad :/

Not at all Zorro, not at all. Feel free to sidetrack

Atmosphere was awesome

I prefer the grungy look to the polished-ness of Assault

Decent soundtrack

Good voice acting for the most part

Good level design

The physics; everything had a real weight

Had some good ideas in changing up the gameplay (speeder races, disguising as Sharpclaw, riding dinosaurs, etc)

Dislikes:

The plot fluctuated between generic and nonsensical

Character motivations also nonsensical (Mercenaries not bringing blasters? Scales really wants to destroy his planet for no reason? What?)

Slippy and Peppy's VA's, ugh

Krystal was set up as interesting and then proceeded to do absolutely nothing

Got repetative really quickly, should have depended more on the fun action sequences like previously mentioned rather than being one big fetch quest

Arwing levels were really unimaginative and boring. Also, where the hell did the enemies on those levels come from?

Apart from a few plot holes and not enough Arwing action, i thoroughly enjoyed the game, which I guess is why I replay it often.

I still don't know what these plot holes are.

Same with Assault. I can't seem to notice any plot holes, aside from the Aparoid Queen some how knowing to use projections of James.

I still don't know what these plot holes are.

Oh Christ.

-Krystal's entire backstory and existence in the game. It's never explained. How did she get there? Why is she randomly riding on a dinosaur? How can she speak Saurian and how is her staff compatible with like the entire planet if she's from another planet?

-A bunch of people knew other people's names without them ever mentioning it.

-Why is Scales trying very hard to blow up his own planet?

-How did he have a Krazoa despite only "the pure of heart" being able to handle it?

-What was up with the "pure of heart" thing to begin with? Fox was a dick nearly the entire game.

-Andross' entire existence. Seriously, how the hell did any of that make sense?

-Why did Krystal scream "it's you!" before being trapped? Was it Andross? How does she know Andross?

- What the hell is Drakor? Or Galdon, for that matter?

Seriously, this is only getting started, and will probably go on a while.

I also like how the one Assault plot hole you mention is the one that can be explained (she absorbed Pigma and Peppy's memories). When I think of Assault plot holes, I think of stuff like "where did Krystal's psychic powers come from" and "what was with those wrecked Wolfens at the beginning of the Asteroid Belt".

Not at all Zorro, not at all. Feel free to sidetrack

Thanks for understanding bro. :wink:

Atmosphere was awesome

I prefer the grungy look to the polished-ness of Assault

Decent soundtrack

Good voice acting for the most part

Good level design

The physics; everything had a real weight

Had some good ideas in changing up the gameplay (speeder races, disguising as Sharpclaw, riding dinosaurs, etc)

Dislikes:

The plot fluctuated between generic and nonsensical

Character motivations also nonsensical (Mercenaries not bringing blasters? Scales really wants to destroy his planet for no reason? What?)

Slippy and Peppy's VA's, ugh

Krystal was set up as interesting and then proceeded to do absolutely nothing

Got repetative really quickly, should have depended more on the fun action sequences like previously mentioned rather than being one big fetch quest

Arwing levels were really unimaginative and boring. Also, where the hell did the enemies on those levels come from?

I honestly agree with you on pretty much all points. The only difference is that I kinda liked the plot, but that's just me. :)

I think all in all, everyone has their own reasons for liking or disliking it. I'm not sure you'll beable to disuade Zorro from liking SFAs.

Edited by Reynard

Someone was trying to do that?

Unknown, but just putting that there for clarification.

I like the fact that they tried something new and made it pretty good in my opinion such as graphics and for Gamecube they are some of the best I have seen.

Good points for the most part Dras, but a couple of those plotholes ain't worth twisting ones mind over.

-Krystal's entire backstory and existence in the game. It's never explained. How did she get there? Why is she randomly riding on a dinosaur? How can she speak Saurian and how is her staff compatible with like the entire planet if she's from another planet?

-A bunch of people knew other people's names without them ever mentioning it.

-Why is Scales trying very hard to blow up his own planet?

-How did he have a Krazoa despite only "the pure of heart" being able to handle it?

-What was up with the "pure of heart" thing to begin with? Fox was a dick nearly the entire game.

-Andross' entire existence. Seriously, how the hell did any of that make sense?

-Why did Krystal scream "it's you!" before being trapped? Was it Andross? How does she know Andross?

- What the hell is Drakor? Or Galdon, for that matter?

Well, being a dick =/= evil. Tons of people on this site is living proof of that.Smile-2.gif

And on the whole subject of Andross. Well, they did try explaining it. A good explanation that fitted into the SF universe? Nope, but it didn't leave a gaping plothole either.

As for Drakor and Galdon? They are pretty generic bosses like in most Nintendo games.Razz-2.gif Few of which are ever explained. Seem to remember though that Drakor was at least mentioned before you saw him though, so at least he's got a slight reputation preceding him.

well he did die after he gave it to Fox.

well he did die after he gave it to Fox.

Either that or he just passed out from it leaving his body. Then again there is no explanation, so its anyones guess.

Either that or he just passed out from it leaving his body. Then again there is no explanation, so its anyones guess.

And that's why we call it a plothole.

Wait, Andross was explained?

Wait, Andross was explained?

"It seems that Andross discovered the ancient power of the Krazoa. And by trapping Krystal, who had the ability to channel this power, he was able to revieve himself."

Not much. But at least there excists an attempt at an explanation. Never saw any clue to why Andross is a floating head/brain in SF64 either, among many other strange plotholes, but it's still only the newer games which get whipped for their inconsistency.

• Like 1

Andross was DEEEEEEAAAAAAD. For 8 years.

How do you discover something to revive yourself when DEEEEEEEEAAAD?

Andross was DEEEEEEAAAAAAD. For 8 years.

If you don't count his short revival in Farewell Beloved Falco, which taked place just before Adventure starts that is. A clone that was, but since it for some reason seemed to contain even his memories, it 's more like a revival than a cloning.

How do you discover something to revive yourself when DEEEEEEEEAAAD?

Did it say anywhere he discovered it after he died? Seen or read Harry Potter Milky? Pretty much everything the bad guy did there to revive himself was trough actions and preparations he had set in motion long before his own death.