Cavemonkynick

Ok, so this dosen't officaly have a title yet but im eager to get some feed back on it. So i have brain that just does not have an off switch. It used to keep me up at night so i would just make up random stories. After a while they started being less random and after about 6 or 7 years of evolution and growth i had an orignal charecter and a decent reason for him to exist, and i finally desided it was time yo write it out. The result is written below. Now it is a wotrk in progress so this is only the beggining. I hope you enjoy it :)

My story doesn’t start with “Once upon a time,” or “Long ago, in a land unknown”. Heck, my story doesn't even start with me. It isn’t about a knight in shining armor or single hero starting from nothing building an army and overcoming impossible odds. It’s not about searching for a lost artifact that holds the power to save the world. It’s not about romance or forbidden love. It’s about a man and two of his closest friends fighting for what they believe in. It’s about facing your demons and trusting your heart. I am Tomas Aran… and this is my story.

As I said, my story doesn’t start with me, it starts about ten years ago with my grandfather (I’ll explain how that works in a minute) Sora. That’s right, that Sora. For those of you who don’t know, Sora was a wielder of the Keyblade, which has a story all of its own. The Keyblade is basically, well, a blade shaped like a key. But at the same time it’s so much more.

You see, the Keyblade has a very storied past. A long time ago there was a group of people who called themselves the Establishment. Every member wielded a Keyblade and your position was determined by skill and experience which worked in theory, like communism, but failed in practice… like communism. Of course there were individuals who didn’t agree with who was in charge and turned to darkness for power which is why various legends of the Keyblade depict it as both the keeper of balance and the bringer of chaos. Soon the Establishment split in two and a war broke out, The Great Keyblade War. The initial battle lasted only minutes. The Keyblades were never meant to be used against themselves, and so they abandoned their masters leaving them stranded on the desolate, uninhabited world they had chosen as their battlefield. From then on the Keyblades chose their masters more selectively. Sometimes there wouldn’t be a master for generations, as was the case with Sora.

Sora was chosen when he was fourteen on the night his home, Destiny Islands, was destroyed. Over the next few weeks he journeyed with Donald and Goofy, two of King Mickey’s top knights and closest friends. The King was also a Keyblade wielder chosen by the realm of darkness although he walked the path of light. Along Sora’s journey from world to world, he was not only sealing the worlds from the darkness, he was looking for his friends Riku and Kairi.

Riku was fifteen. He was Sora’s best friend, and greatest rival. He was desperate to get away from the small Island chain he called home. It was nothing but a prison to him and when the darkness began to consume the world, he embraced it. It took some time but after facing Sora he realized he had lost himself and began to fight back. Luckily he ran across the king, who took him under his wing.

Kairi was fourteen, a pure soul and one of the seven princesses of heart; seven girls whose hearts were required to open the door to Kingdom Hearts, more on that later. When her world was destroyed, her heart took refuge in Sora. She was restored when Sora found out and used a Keyblade that unlock the hearts of people to release her heart.

Kingdom Hearts is the heart of all worlds. A heartless, which are actually hearts corrupted by darkness, calling himself Ansem had sought control over it in order to control all the worlds. Sora managed to defeat him but the door to Kingdom hearts had been opened. This door also served as a passageway between the worlds of light and darkness and needed to be closed. Sora, with the help of the King and Riku shut it just in time to prevent a huge infestation of heartless into the world of light but the King and Riku were shut on the other side in the realm of darkness. Once the door was shut, the world’s began to rebuild and Kairi returned to Destiny Islands. However Sora, Donald, and Goofy set out in search of the King and Riku.

In their travels both Sora and Riku come across Castle Oblivion. In the castle, Sora’s memories are unraveled by a girl named Namine and Riku is forced to face his past. The castle is controlled by a few members of a group of nobodies, which are bodies without hearts that act of their own will. This group called itself Organization XIII. The Organization also seeks Kingdom Hearts because they believe it will complete them. They force Namine to change Sora’s memories so that they can control him but Sora over throws the castles leader and Namine puts Sora in a deep sleep in order to restore his memories but he has to forget the castle completely.

When he wakes up a year has passed and he, Donald, and Goofy have to take one more journey in order to stop Organization XIII. Just before the final battle, Sora reunites with Kairi, who was kidnapped by Organization XIII as incentive, and Riku who had come for Kairi. Together, Sora and Riku defeat Xemnas, the leader of Organization XIII and return home.

Sora and Kairi ended up getting married but being tied to the Keyblade can have strange side effects. Every now and then the wielder of the Keyblade can get sucked into other worlds where they start life over, beginning to end, and when their time in that world is over, be it they completed their task or by death, they return to their own world exactly where and when they left. I know it seems strange, and it kind of is, but that’s just the way it works. Well Sora and Kairi got pulled into another life where they had two children, Alex and Karon, Alex being my father. When Alex was six and Karon was two, Sora and Kairi were killed and returned to their own world, but time waited because although born in another world, Alex and Karon belonged with their parents.

Alex and Karon met and became best friends with John and Julie in the orphanage they grew up in. In this world there was a legend about four heroes who commanded the power of the four mother elements, earth, wind, water, and fire that banded together and defeated a great evil.

Somehow Alex, Julie, John, and Karon ended up inheriting the powers of earth, wind, water, and fire respectively. Together they banded together and repeated the actions of the heroes before them. When the evil was destroyed the four of them ended up returning to Destiny Islands. Why all four of them? Well you see Alex fell for Julie and Karon fell for John entwining their destinies. So now Sora had a son that was only a year younger than him. When Alex was twenty-three, he and Julie were thrown into another world where I was born.

I was born and raised on earth in a world where civilization was very advanced. Space travel was common and at the age of sixteen I joined the Galactic Federation, shortly after-words, mom and dad returned home. I rose through the ranks quickly and by the time I was twenty I had climbed as high as I could in the enlisted ranks. Everyone told me I was a shoe in for the officer academy but I liked to be on the ground getting things done so I never enrolled, and I'm glad I didn’t. Soon after, my name was put up for a top secret project, and I was chosen. The project was a joint operation with the galaxy’s best bounty hunter, Samus Aran. I found the last name thing weird too. The Federation brass had somehow convinced her to let them study and recreate her power suit, an armored exoskeleton created for her by the Chozo. The Chozo were a super advanced race who took Samus in after her colony was destroyed by the space pirates, the name really says it all here I think.

So anyways, the Federation scientists created a power suit of their own and I was to be the guinea pig. I started running missions with Samus. At first our relationship was strictly professional. Samus was all business. If I hadn’t seen her with my own eyes I might have thought there wasn’t a person behind the visor when we were in a mission. Don’t take me wrong, she wasn’t inhuman, but she wasn’t very social either. Eventually she opened up. Everyone needs someone to talk to and after a few months of learning each other on the battlefield I got to know the real Samus. Two years later I proposed, and she said yes. Not a month after the wedding I experienced my “Birth by Sleep”.

Everyone chosen by the Keyblade goes through the Birth by Sleep. The only way I really know to describe it is an initiation to being a Keyblade wielder. When I woke up I wielded my own Keyblade, but I didn’t know what to do, so I just went on living a normal life for about a week.

I woke up one morning and my Keyblade was floating in front of me. When I touched it I was transported. I don’t know where I was, or if I was technically anywhere but I wasn’t alone. A woman stood before me.

“I am the spirit of the Keyblade.” She said. Her voice was almost angelic. “It is time for you to start your quest.”

“Where exactly am I supposed to go?” I asked.

“Return home and find Riku, he will know.”

“How am I supposed to get there?”

“I will take you.”

“But Samus,”

“I will give you time to explain”

“Explain what?!” I had reached my limit. “You yank me out of my home to tell me I'm just supposed to just walk away from my life and go on some “quest”?!” She never even flinched, but her demeanor changed.

“You were chosen because you’re the only one who can handle this.”

“Handle what?!”

“The darkness is on the move, and you have to protect the light.”

“I don’t think you could be any vaguer if you tried.”

“Look, I don’t know exactly what the threat is but the looming darkness is even more ominous than when we chose your grandfather.”

“Then why not let him handle it? He’s already proven himself.”

“Because Tomas, this is your story.” And with that I was back in my room. I walked to the den where I found Samus waiting for me.

“Your leaving, aren’t you?” She asked before I could even speak.

“It not like I want to,” I stared to defend myself, but she smiled.

“It’s ok. I figured you would be.”

“It’s not like I’m never coming back.”

“I know.”

“I’ll be honest. I didn’t expect you to take it this well.”

“I’ve gone away on missions before.”

“Yea, your right. Thanks.” She stood and I embraced her. “I’ll call every chance I get.”

“You better,” she said with a laugh. I kissed her and we separated.

“I’ve gotta pack.”

“I’ll talk to the Admiral for you.”

“Oh, man. I didn’t even think about that.”

“Don’t worry; he owes me a few favors thanks to that whole phazon corruption thing.”

“Oh yea, I forgot about all that.”

So thats where i am as of now. Please let me know what you think :)

• 3 months later...

Ok, i have neglected this for far to long. I was finally able to start writing again today after a bout of writers block from hell. So heres what I got today.

“Oh yea, I’d almost forgotten about all that.â€

“Lucky. The whole thing still gives me chills…†5 years ago, about 2 years before we met. Samus was sent to the planet Talon IV to investigate a disabled space pirate frigate. She found out that the pirates were mining a radioactive material they called phazon as energy. But it turned out that phazon was more than just an energy source, it was a mutagenic that could corrupt and control life forms. On Talon IV, Samus ran into Metroid Prime, a Metroid that had been corrupted by the phazon. She won the battle and escaped but Metroid Prime was far from dead. With the last of its strength, Prime absorbed some phazon out of Samus’ suit that had seeped into it earlier after a battle with a phazon mutated space pirate. Prime then used the phazon to recreate itself. The result was the dark hunter or Dark Samus.

I’ve never seen Dark Samus myself, but I did see a recording of the video feed from her suit and it chilled me to the bone. The dark hunter looked like Samus in her Viara Suit except it was black and the visor has the same blue glow as the phazon. Over the next 3 years Samus fought tooth and nail against Dark Samus and the phazon poison that was plaguing the galaxy. A few months after we met Samus was corrupted. She and three other bounty hunters who had faced off with Dark Samus had collapsed. When I heard the news I was on Earth running basic tests on some new modifications for my power suit. It hit me hard. She had just started to let me see the real her and now I thought I was gonna lose her. I immediately requested either leave or a transfer to the Olympus where she was being treated, both of which were denied. I was furious. I took my complaints to Admiral Hunt, the head of the power suit project. The memory that had clouded with time was suddenly pristine in my mind.

“Why won’t you let me go to her?†I asked a calmly as I could manage, my fingers digging into the wooden armrests.

“We are in the middle of some very important test at-†he started but I cut him off.

“The hell with your tests!†I shouted, but quickly regained my composure. “I'm sorry Admiral. With all due respect why can’t these tests wait?â€

“Tomas,†he said, sounding more like a father talking to a child than a commanding officer, “I know that you’re partners and that you’re worried about her but I doubt you being there will change anything.â€

“I know that.†I managed not to scream, “But frankly I don’t care. I can’t operate like this. If you can’t get me transferred then surly you can at least grant me leave. I’ve got like 4 months saved up.â€

Admiral Hunt sighed. “Fine, I’ll make the arrangements. You’ll replace the technician that was going to monitor her suit while she’s out and I’ll find something else for him to do.â€

The next day I was shipped off to the Olympus where I spent the next month by her side. When she finally woke up the GF wasted no time putting her back to work but I was able to get a few minutes to talk with her.

“How are you feeling?†I asked.

“I’m fine.†She said, but she was lying. Her voice betrayed her and she wouldn’t look at me.

“Samus…†I reached out to put my hand on her shoulder but she pulled back.

“Not here,†She said. “I can’t let them see any weakness.â€

“Then talk to me.†She finally looked up.

“I can feel it in me. It’s like it’s alive.â€

“Your eyes are blue.â€

“They’ve always been blue.â€

“Not like this, their almost glowing.â€

“Tomas… I’m scared… What if it’s too much? What if it takes over?â€

“It’s not going to beat you Samus. You’re too strong for that.†She managed a weak smile. I reached out to her again, this time she stepped into my arms and we embraced for the first time.

So let me know what you think, I'd really love some feed back :-)